Desire and the Dead IC

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Nicklance
Master

Post by Nicklance »

"No balls no glory...Cartman." mutters Dana softly enough that the last word is inaudible to the Summoner at the other end of the table, while Lord Peter and Lady Alice can hear it barely well enough.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Mature, you really know how to stay alive. I'm going on patrol, seeing as we agreed to do that. Anyone else is welcome to come.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

"Knight-Errant, since this meeting seems to bore you, I propose you go help Cartwell with his work. I will need Dana, Peter and Akarchin."

Pointing at the newcomer, Alice looks confused for a second.

"You... whoever you are, go with Cartwell and the Knight-Errant."
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Zevras nods, and stands up from his seat at the table.

"Understood."

He then moves over near the exit, and waits for the others going on patrol.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Lets go, Bloody Thorn, Zevras, I was thinking we would make our way down shuffle street, then a right into rattling alley. From there down smoke street, to tallow way, then corpse way. Cut across the square, then hades lane, shroud street, and thread street. Then maybe talk to the sod that got mauled by the beast of rattling alley.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

"As long as I don't have to be around that sodding tinhead and the Rosy bitch come to take me back to the Order, I'm fine with being a summon. Let's go accost riff-raff."

Bloody Thorn stirs, bringing his head up to an upright position. His eyes are sunken and dead, yet still simmer with disdain for the situation.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

All right, off we go then. Happy hunting to all you knights of the post. Cartwell gets up a little stiffly, walking out of the room. When Zevras and Bloody Thorn are outside he asks, Is the route I outlined fine to you gents?
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Zevras closes his eyes in thought, mapping out the path. "This will cover much of the area. We are not patrolling those areas nearer the Mortuary?"
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

If push comes to shove, the Dustmen are more than capable of taking care of their own. Right now I want to stick to the main ways, we don't know the dark of the situation yet. Until we do, I'm not going to waste our collective energy spelunking the alleys and the undercity. If we get good information, we can focus more on the Mortuary.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

"Reasonable."
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Mister_Sinister wrote:Turning to Akarchin, Alice's face takes on a quizzical expression.

"I don't suppose you know much about disguise, Akarchin?"
"I have some skill, I've found it useful when hired for minor investigation and... other work..." she smiles, "Are you thinking the fear-monger will be fooled by makeup?"
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Lord Peter interjects, "Perhaps a more practiced hand in the disguise? I have some experience in the creation of disguises."
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

"Yes, yes, get on with it already you overgrown trellis."
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

{I take it that Group 1, composed of:

Bloody Thorn
Cartwell
Zevras

Is ready to depart?}
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Lord Peter nods and replies, "As you wish." He then proceeds to make the disguise to specifications.
Taking ten for a result of 19
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

ubernoob wrote:Lord Peter nods and replies, "As you wish." He then proceeds to make the disguise to specifications.
Taking ten for a result of 19
"Maybe I can lend a hand, I'm not unskilled you know."
Aid Another: 20+6=26

...so... does that mean he actually aids me?
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Avoraciopoctules wrote:{I take it that Group 1, composed of:

Bloody Thorn
Cartwell
Zevras

Is ready to depart?}
Yes.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

{Alright. Encounter once I deal with some homework and quizzes tomorrow. Also, what is group 2 disguising itself as?}
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Akarchin and I are going to disguise ourselves as the Sigilian equivalent of tourists. Basically, to appear as stupid and as harmless as possible. I'm gonna disguise myself as an orc woman, just to pile it on. Akarchin is free to choose what she wants to be.

Additionally - does wearing shoes apply to all disguises I make, or just ones I happen to wear?
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Nicklance
Master

Post by Nicklance »

Dana will be a kitten. I assume kitten familiars are common sight.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Akula wrote:
Avoraciopoctules wrote:{I take it that Group 1, composed of:

Bloody Thorn
Cartwell
Zevras

Is ready to depart?}
Yes.
As you proceed out of the tavern and into Wailer's Square, things seem to be fairly calm. There are a handful of people wearing identical dark purple shirts with red emblems on the back haggling with some of the local merchants over something, but nothing that looks likely to break into violence anytime soon.

A procession is carrying some coffins down Shuffle Street, and an elderly dwarven woman is trying to trim away some razorvine that apparently crept up out of an drain near her house on Rattling Alley.

As the group approaches their next turn, they hear loud arguing, around a half dozen people probably, coming out of the entrance to an alley. Someone shouts, someone else yelps, and a man in rags dashes out into the street and across, clutching a bleeding arm. The remainder of the voices are shouting at each other now.

"He's mine, and if any of you berks want to say otherwise, I'll shiv you worse than I did'im there!"

"I saw this sodding meat first, so I'm taking it! If you think you can slice up me without leaving a few of your own fingers behind, then you obviously didn't see the last guy I argued with!"
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

{Hide check to Solid Snake against the corner, then Spot check into the alley.

Hide = 15
Spot = 25

If possible, use telepathy on the object of the chaos or the yelling berk}
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

BT sticks his head around the corner. He covers any bright red clothing on his upper body with a piece of canvas first. Inside the alley, around a half dozen humanoids in worn dark grey and black clothing stand around a fallen body, shouting and shaking knives at each other. They look like Collectors.

EDIT: also, the body's mind feels very dead. This is a corpse, and not a recent one.
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jilocasin
Knight

Post by Jilocasin »

{After being briefed on the situation, Bakir follows after Zevras, Cartwell, and Bloody Thorn, hoping to catch up to them before they've gone too far into their route.

As he approaches the alley in a fairly surreptitious manner,

Hide = 28
Move Silently = 21

he attempts to initiate a telepathic hello to whoever looks least distracted. Presumably to either Cartwell and/or Zevras}

Oh good, I'm glad I found you. My name is Bakir and I am also employed by the Voices. I heard you were heading towards Rattling Alley, I'm here to lend any aid I can.

{Also if I made it there in time I want to see if I can see what direction the fellow with the bleeding arm was heading.

Spot = 15}
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Jilocasin wrote:{Also if I made it there in time I want to see if I can see what direction the fellow with the bleeding arm was heading.

Spot = 15}
{You might have caught a glimpse of the man right as he entered an alley on the other side of the street. Too distant to figure out which one exactly, but you have a decent guess.

However, you do see the blood trail, and you could track him with it, at least until he bandages himself. There's a decent chance he will stop once he thinks he is relatively safe.}