Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

It is PR you're replying to.

-Crissa
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Well, I think the thread is over. 90% of Cirssa and Ceiling Cat arguing, and Ceiling Cat ragequit the other day. So the thread is pretty much over.

Honestly, I apologize for oversharing, I was trying to talk about how the character models for the female worgen (and the character models in general) made my eyes roll out of my head. It was a blunder on my part and I will try harder to not do that in the future.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Honestly, I apologize for oversharing, I was trying to talk about how the character models for the female worgen (and the character models in general) made my eyes roll out of my head. It was a blunder on my part and I will try harder to not do that in the future.
Usually "they're sexy" is sufficient.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

So in summary, Count is a furry. Ok. So what now?
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:Clearly, your cock is part of the big barrel the server's busy sucking on.
Can someone tell it to stop using its teeth please?
Juton wrote:Damn, I thought [Pathfailure] accidentally created a feat worth taking, my mistake.
Koumei wrote:Shad, please just punch yourself in the face until you are too dizzy to type. I would greatly appreciate that.
Kaelik wrote:No, bad liar. Stop lying.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type I - doing exactly the opposite of what they said they would do.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type II - change for the sake of change.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type III - the illusion of change.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

That's scary.

-Crissa
Count Arioch the 28th
King

CatharzGodfoot wrote:
Usually "they're sexy" is sufficient.
I'll keep that in mind. (Trust me, if this was people I was friends with IRL, I would have used more graphic language, I thought I was keeping it clean :p.)
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

I love you guys. :awesome:
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Hmm, Cynic's Guide to WoW.

-Crissa
magnuskn
Knight

Post by magnuskn »

So, any opinions about Blizzards plans for RealID?

http://wowriot.gameriot.com/blogs/Ameri ... on?gr_i_ni
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

It is incredibly stupid. I don't actually plan to post ever, and I would only post about Starcraft II, not WoW, but bottom line, it is the dumbest thing ever.

Every prospective employer in the entire world needs to know that I play Starcraft II, so that... I can make friends with people easier? Because of course I can't be friends unless they know my real first and last name?

Fuck you Blizzard.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
magnuskn
Knight

Post by magnuskn »

Kaelik wrote:It is incredibly stupid. I don't actually plan to post ever, and I would only post about Starcraft II, not WoW, but bottom line, it is the dumbest thing ever.

Every prospective employer in the entire world needs to know that I play Starcraft II, so that... I can make friends with people easier? Because of course I can't be friends unless they know my real first and last name?

Fuck you Blizzard.
And you didn't even get to the lovely cyberstalking issues. :bash: This blogpost here explains its succinctly.

http://seewhatyoudidthere.com/2010/07/0 ... ernet-age/
Last edited by magnuskn on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Don't accept RealID requests from people you don't know. Really simple. If you cut them off, they can't see you anymore. As for stalking, since watches are controlled by the watched, you basically can't be stalked.

I think it's more a MyFacebookSpace problem: The face/name you share with you gaming buddies isn't the same as the one you want on your resume.

-Crissa
Jilocasin
Knight

Post by Jilocasin »

There's also the addon issue.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Crissa wrote:Don't accept RealID requests from people you don't know. Really simple. If you cut them off, they can't see you anymore. As for stalking, since watches are controlled by the watched, you basically can't be stalked.

I think it's more a MyFacebookSpace problem: The face/name you share with you gaming buddies isn't the same as the one you want on your resume.
Uh... Crissa, you missed the problem. I literally cannot ever post on an official Blizzard forum ever, not even to ask for help with a Battle.net Account Issue, without it having to be posted under my real id. On a public forum.

It doesn't matter if I never accept a real ID invitation. What happens is, I can never post on the Blizzard official starcraft II forums under the name Kaelik, I have to use my actual real first and last name. And so therefore, a google search of my name returns my Starcraft II account postings.

Since googling is generally expected from current employers, or at least the sort I'm concerned about, that's a big fucking deal. Sure, some of them might not actually hold my personal hobbies against me, but some of them probably will, so if I want to post on their official forums, I have to tell everyone who ever hires me that I favor protoss over zerg or terran.

That's fucking retarded, and not having the option to keep your work life separate from hobbies is not fucking okay.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
RandomCasualty2
Prince

Post by RandomCasualty2 »

Kaelik wrote:It is incredibly stupid. I don't actually plan to post ever, and I would only post about Starcraft II, not WoW, but bottom line, it is the dumbest thing ever.

Fuck you Blizzard.
Yeah, it's really stupid. Especially the point where you have to post your real name on the forums... seriously.. Fuck that.
Ganbare Gincun
Duke

Post by Ganbare Gincun »

I had considered coming back to WoW to play a Goblin when Cataclysm came out, but Real ID has put an end to those musings. Oh well. More tine with Fallout, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect, then.
MfA
Knight-Baron

Post by MfA »

Just be John Doe.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

You'll never get your account back in any situation where it gets restricted, even if the name is right on the billing card.

You can't even change the name after you've typed it in, ever.

Your real name isn't on the forums... Where are these rumors coming from?

-Crissa
Last edited by Crissa on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Crissa wrote:Your real name isn't on the forums... Where are these rumors coming from?
Official Blizzard Employees

Oh what, Crissa is wrong about something because she tries to dismiss the knowledge of people who know more than her, fuck my brain hurts from the infinite newness of this event.

A Man In Black
Duke

Post by A Man In Black »

Crissa wrote:Your real name isn't on the forums... Where are these rumors coming from?
An announcement from the other day.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Oh, fuck what a terrible idea.

And a violation of privacy policy, no doubt.

-Crissa
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I think everyone on the internet would have to share their real name and address before even getting on.

One of my biggest problems is that people act different when they're cowering behind a modem. Everyone's a badass, every throws out death threats and whatever. I think in this day and age, no one should be anonymous, and if someone receives a threat or harassment over the internet you should be able to get the name instantly and report it to the police.
Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I think everyone on the internet would have to share their real name and address before even getting on.

One of my biggest problems is that people act different when they're cowering behind a modem. Everyone's a badass, every throws out death threats and whatever. I think in this day and age, no one should be anonymous, and if someone receives a threat or harassment over the internet you should be able to get the name instantly and report it to the police.
I think you are retarded.

The problem isn't that people might receive a death threat over the internet, the problem is that if you aren't allowed to be private, they can know exactly where you live and carry through on that death threat, or just do it in the first place without threatening.

Not to mention compartmentalization. If I want to talk nerdy about D&D with a bunch of D&D nerds, I can do that in person or on the internet, but if I choose to do it on the internet, why the fuck should my real goddam name have to be attached so that every employer I ever seek knows that I talk nerdy about D&D in my spare time?

There are not a lot of people in the CIA who read chick tracts and think they are god's honest truth, but if there is even one who is in charge of interviewing candidates, I never get the job because of your hatred of privacy.

So put your life where your mouth is, either recant your stupidity or post your full legal name.

fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Slow your roll, Kaelik.

He said EVERYONE should have to, not that just he should have to.

Game On,
fbmf
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Slow your roll. If he isn't willing to give me his home address right now for any reason he is a hypocrite, because knowing my home address does nothing to stop me from terrorizing him, signing him up for shitty news letters, or ordering 30 pizzas in his name. There are a lot of good reasons for privacy on the internet, and evil asshole Kaelik asking for your address is sure going to help him come up with them.
Last edited by Kaelik on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.