It's Personal...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Tea? You mean that thing women and gays like?

Oh wait...
Please, it's the nectar that caused a nation to conquer the globe! It's driven thousands of men to spend weeks at sea, surrounded only by other men, in tights, frills and twirly moustaches.
Women? Bah. They'll have to amuse themselves at home while they wait for that first sweet drop of ambrosia.
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

Excellent news. Seems I only need my R-PAL permit and a full G-license for driving in order to get the job I'm after. This saves me the $600+ expense of getting a security license, thank fucking god. So, just need to upgrade my G2 license to G with an exam, once I get passed the minimum time requirement. Then I just need to brush up on my driving (they apparently start us as drivers, then shotgun-dude-in-van, then money courier) and I'll be set. So, by the time I get laid off for the year at the campus I work at, I should have another far better paying job lined up.

Everything is coming up Millhouse.
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

A friend of mine turned a Facebook post in which I said that talking politics or religion with my parents makes me want to move to England into berating me for wanting a job that isn't retail or food service.

Apparently it's the height of arrogance to refuse to sell my dignity and time for $8 an hour so I can be yelled at and treated like shit by the retarded masses after I've done just that for 7 years.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Guess who's going to Florida for the next week?

(Hint: He has a really creepy avatar... :wink:)
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
sabs
Duke

Post by sabs »

Meikle641?
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

His is pretty scary, but no. I'm going, for a week, with a friend.

Her family owns a condo in Tampa, and she invited me to come along.

It will be glorious. Utterly glorious.

Maybe I'll try and post while I'm down there, describing my adventures of trying to find a crocodile (or is alligators? I'm too tired to check) and annoy it by trying to get it to read The Watchtower. Truth.
Half asleep upon my knee
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I was going to guess Count Arioch the 28th.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I've been to Florida before. Went to a tyr concert. I don't remember some of it after slamming bodily into a guy three times my size. Also, I had drank like 7 Red Deaths that night. My companions assure me a good time was had by all.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Is a red death a red bull + booze mix?

And I'm pretty sure Florida has 'gators. They'd appreciate the Watchtower.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink673.html

in Virginia, it was against the law to serve anyone more than 2.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Koumei wrote:And I'm pretty sure Florida has 'gators. They'd appreciate the Watchtower.
Then I need to find Burt Reynolds.

Because Burt Reynolds is... Gator.

Damn, that joke would work so much better if I was going to Georgia.
Half asleep upon my knee
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

I wasn't aware my masked visage was that 'creepy' or terrifying to some. Ah well. It reminds me of nicer times.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

But he lives like a princess.

EDIT: I mean Burt Reynolds, I don't know about Meikle.
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

Sadly, no. I don't make enough money to even move out of my parents dank basement with its unhealthy air quality and poor insulation. Working to fix that. The money, not the other stuff.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Meikle: I'm sure you are a princess at heart. Never stop looking for that creepy plumber out to rescue you.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Post by Pseudo Stupidity »

I have been trying to lose weight, and have started succeeding largely because I stopped eating so damn much and started eating food that's actually filling. I tend to not get very hungry anymore either, which kind of sucks because I really, really like eating food. On the plus side groceries cost much less now, which is contrary to the idea that I used to have of eating healthy being expensive. Part of eating healthy involves not eating a MASSIVE stir fry, and instead eating a small stir fry.

In 3 weeks I've lost about 10 pounds, which is great because I was just 15 pounds over what my weight is supposed to be. I am curious as to when I'll stop losing weight while eating the same stuff I've been eating. I don't want to wither up and die, I just want to lose the belly I gained when i started my desk job.

Weirdly enough, I've found that a drink after dinner really solves the problem of getting hungry later. I'm not sure how unhealthy that is (it's usually a single beer or mixed drink with 1 or 2 shots in it), but a dinner of "chicken salad + booze" has turned out to be fantastic and filling.

Added bonus: By eating less I obtain a decent buzz with one drink. Losing weight fucking rules.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:I'm not a dick, I'm really nice.
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
Ted the Flayer
Knight-Baron

Post by Ted the Flayer »

Florida is bad and you people should feel bad.

Got my books for round 2 at college. I have included a large number of management classes this time around. I have a lot of natural talent at being an asshole; I am hoping to hone that raw talent into a fine asshole edge.
Prak Anima wrote:Um, Frank, I believe you're missing the fact that the game is glorified spank material/foreplay.
Frank Trollman wrote:I don't think that is any excuse for a game to have bad mechanics.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

A very close set of friends are probably going to lose another baby in a miscarriage and I'm just fucking depressed. As someone with a newborn, I can't even go comfort them without having the little kid around. It's one of those things that friends are supposed to be there for and I feel so frozen in knowing what to do.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Comfort them anyway I'd say. Sure they'll need some alone time to have their space respected, but the last thing you wanna do when people are in a bad place is to leave them there.

I'm sure they'll understand that you have a kid and it's worlds better than avoiding them. The little one might be a painful reminder, but honestly there will be no shortage of painful reminders so you need to double-down on the sources of joy like kids and friends.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

I'm not sure how old your kid is, but have you considered a babysitter? You could have someone watch 'em while you go comfort your friends.
Half asleep upon my knee
Whatever
Prince

Post by Whatever »

"Newborn" usually means under a month old.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

The paladin of our group has taken to ostentatious dressing, what with a gold cape and tigerskin shirt. This has lead to us calling him a pimp.

Tonight I half-jokingly suggested that he actually take the Pimp PrC. Then was actually seriously suggesting it as I realised it was actually a pretty decent class mechanically. Pimp Slap that adds d6s to subdual attacks, enhanced leadership, a ninth level ability that increases Cohort level by 5, even above your own level. It's pretty awesome (if questionably balanced).

This is how I found that my atheist, rationalist friend believes that prostitution is inherently exploitative, and that sex is inherently meaningful if it is being done for literally anything other than pure reproduction, and further that he thinks paladins should oppose prostitution of all forms on principle.

I hate this christian-influence bullshit, especially when it leads to paladins who sound like catholic crusaders who base their decisions on bullshit, arbitrary morals rather than "Does it hurt anyone? If so, what's the actual cause of the harm? Should I be opposing something else here?" I'm really tempted to write something about how to play a sex positive good aligned D&D character, especially a paladin. I already have a title picked out, the perhaps obvious "Good Sex." Or possibly "Being Good in Bed."
Last edited by Prak on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
PoliteNewb
Duke

Post by PoliteNewb »

Prak_Anima wrote: This is how I found that my atheist, rationalist friend believes that prostitution is inherently exploitative, and that sex is inherently meaningful if it is being done for literally anything other than pure reproduction, and further that he thinks paladins should oppose prostitution of all forms on principle.

I hate this christian-influence bullshit, especially when it leads to paladins who sound like catholic crusaders who base their decisions on bullshit, arbitrary morals rather than "Does it hurt anyone? If so, what's the actual cause of the harm? Should I be opposing something else here?" I'm really tempted to write something about how to play a sex positive good aligned D&D character, especially a paladin. I already have a title picked out, the perhaps obvious "Good Sex." Or possibly "Being Good in Bed."
Not that I'm against the idea of a sex-pos character (even a pally), but...you do realize you're suggesting he take a PrC where one of the abilities is literally about abusing women who work for you, right?

Maybe the reason some people feel prostitution is inherently exploitative is because it so often is. I've spoken to sex workers who say they enjoy what they're doing, and I certainly won't argue with them, and in general I feel sex work can be a positive thing...but stuff like the Pimp class is supporting a mindset that is anti-sex-pos.
I am judging the philosophies and decisions you have presented in this thread. The ones I have seen look bad, and also appear to be the fruit of a poisonous tree that has produced only madness and will continue to produce only madness.

--AngelFromAnotherPin

believe in one hand and shit in the other and see which ones fills up quicker. it will be the one you are full of, shit.

--Shadzar
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Pimp Class wrote:Pimp Slap:The pimp is especially skilled at landing humiliating or intimidating blows without seriously wounding the target of his anger. Whenever the pimp deals subdual damage, the extra damage listed for this ability is added to the total damage. The extra damage is +1d6 starting at 2nd level and increasing every third level thereafter (5th and 8th levels). Should the pimp score a critical hit with a subdual attack, this extra damage is not multiplied.
It's +d6s when you strike for subdual. Sure "Pimp Slap" entered the parlance as a term meaning to smack a woman and intimidate her. But the ability has less than nothing to do with that.

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Prak_Anima wrote:This is how I found that my atheist, rationalist friend believes that prostitution is inherently exploitative, and that sex is inherently meaningful if it is being done for literally anything other than pure reproduction, and further that he thinks paladins should oppose prostitution of all forms on principle.
And you're sure this was your friend's actual beliefs talking, and not the beliefs as interpreted for a paladin?
Prak wrote:I hate this christian-influence bullshit
Agreed. There's too much priming in American culture, though, so sometimes it ends up being hard to not slip into it.

Bleh.