[Dom3]Newbie EA game

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

[SBa]
Good day Gentlemen of the land.

I come bearing news. Let it be known that in exchange for naked women for the benefit of both our nations, Pangea and the great special forces of Her Majesty Nora I, Caelum, have officially formed an Alliance together.

As such, any aggression against Pangea will be considered as an act of aggression to ourselves, and will be dealt with.

Our first order of business as an alliance will be the eradication of the stubborn giants of Niefelheim. Anyone attempting to assist Niefelheim will face the same fate.

So Niefelheim will not have a Good Day.
But I hope the rest of you Gentlemen do.

Cheerio.

[/SBa]

Turn 24
One new magic site, +1 air gem and +1 nature income.

Pangea has also asked me to join in the raiding of Ryleh, so i'll need to prepare for an eagle king or 2 to attack under water provinces.

Pangea has also requested a Wallshaker for their Gorgon to start sieging forts solo. As this helps our cause and since the death gems will be delayed, am forging this for no cost from Pangea.

Orders:

Forge an Amulet of water breathing.

Forge a Wallshaker.

James Bond continues towards province 44.

Rest of army moves to meet James Bond.

I'm already having a supply problem so i've decided to sent those archers under the command of an Eagle King, and a Caelian Seraph at fort 23 on their way back to the capital. I will forge a few more Foe's Visions in the coming turns and attack Nieflehiem on a second front with those, archers and more temple guards.

Recruitment:
1 Eagle King
4 Temple Guards
2 Harab Seraph
1 Caelian Seraph - due to my change in mind (again lol), i need some more to carry a Foe's Vision.

Research: 112rp - Finish Conjuration 3 next turn, excess rp will go to the next goal of Construction 6.
Last edited by Drago0661 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

@Sinister: Yep, this came on Turn 25, therefore I can expect attacks to be set on Turn 28 and come in on Turn 29, right?
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Ikeren wrote:@Sinister: Yep, this came on Turn 25, therefore I can expect attacks to be set on Turn 28 and come in on Turn 29, right?
Correct.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Not that I have any immediate interest in joining the Niefelheim conflict, but I would like Pangaea to clarify their position on our existing agreements and how it interacts with this alliance. You are both obligated to defend Caelum against its enemies and to not attack us at all. Unless Caelum and I stay at peace forever, those are not mutually fulfillable conditions.

In the eventuality that tragic, tragic things happen and Caelum and I get dragged into a needless war, can you go on public record stating where you will stand? I'm hoping for an answer that involves "on the sidelines," as per our prior agreement.
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Turn 25
No Magic site this turn.

Conjuration 3 is complete.

And i get a Magic Item... Which just happens to be a Ring Of Wizardry... The best magic booster in the game...

Holy Shit! That's Awesome! - Bearing in mind I only have 0 Luck! Wow...

Orders:

Sent the Wallshaker to Pangea

Right. Time to use that ring. I'm going to put in on my w2 random Eagle King to make him w3, then i'll give him the hammer to forge a Robe of the Sea (a water booster) This will allow me to site search water gems fairly quickly.

The main army attacks province 44.

The beginnings of a second army to attack Neifelhiem at their fort at province 56 will gather at my capital.

An Indie commander (the one that has been standing around for awhile doing nothing) in province 35 will build a forest fort for 800g.

Recruitment
1 Eagle King
4 Temple Guards
3 Archers from my Capital
1 Caelium Scout - need another courier for air gems for the second army.
2 Seraphine - I've been noticing that my dominion has been getting smaller, and enemy dominion is actually in quite a lot of my provinces, ans it is affecting my order scales, therefore my income. I'm recruiting these 2 Seraphines to start building temples and ehlp get my dominion up higher.

Research: 131rp - next target is construction 6 for a multitude of useful items, mainly the staff of storms for mass producing corpsemen and other great uses.

Graphs:

Provinces:

Forts:

Income:

Gems:

Research:

Dominion:

Army Size:

DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Huh. There appears to have been some battles. I thought the combat was going to start on turn 29. Did Caelum and Niefelheim not have a NAP to dissolve first? I guess that was just Pangaea and Niefelheim.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

For me, alliance beats non-aggression pact. So that's where I publically stand.

As far as the NAP is concerned, that was between me and Niefelheim. Caelum had no prior agreement with Niefelheim on this point.
Last edited by koz on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Mister_Sinister wrote:For me, alliance beats non-aggression pact. So that's where I publically stand.
Hm. I don't think we ever really put any specific times on that agreement; we threw around the word indefinite just so we could forget about being in eachother's backyard and move on with the rest of the game and expand in entirely different directions. But now that there are agreements with precedence over this truce that will lead to its inevitable dissolution (all three of us can't not fight forever; half the players agreeing to peace isn't much of a game), we should probably establish more formal dissolution terms. NAP-3's are the standard, right? We can just call it an NAP-3 if that suits you.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Caelum and I did not have a NAP to dissolve.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

DSMatticus wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:For me, alliance beats non-aggression pact. So that's where I publically stand.
Hm. I don't think we ever really put any specific times on that agreement; we threw around the word indefinite just so we could forget about being in eachother's backyard and move on with the rest of the game and expand in entirely different directions. But now that there are agreements with precedence over this truce that will lead to its inevitable dissolution (all three of us can't not fight forever; half the players agreeing to peace isn't much of a game), we should probably establish more formal dissolution terms. NAP-3's are the standard, right? We can just call it an NAP-3 if that suits you.
NAP-3 is perfectly fine with me.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

I'd also like to make sure we both agree that a Hinnom attack on Caelum is not a violation of the NAP despite your alliance. Our NAP is older, and it didn't include Caelum in the agreement. Caelum and I do have to fight it out eventually as the game can't go on forever. Got to make sure we get on the same page so armageddon goes as smoothly as possible.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

DSMatticus wrote:I'd also like to make sure we both agree that a Hinnom attack on Caelum is not a violation of the NAP despite your alliance. Our NAP is older, and it didn't include Caelum in the agreement. Caelum and I do have to fight it out eventually as the game can't go on forever. Got to make sure we get on the same page so armageddon goes as smoothly as possible.
It's not a violation of our NAP, but I reserve the right to provide Caelum with material aid during the three-turn grace period of our NAP ending. Does this suit?
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

That sounds perfectly reasonable.
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Turn 26
Turns out that province 44 had +1 astral pearl and +4 air gem magic sites AND a 1s1n recruitable indie mage. I think i'll build a fort here.

Seems Niefelhiem tried using 4 remote attack spells (the summon a bunch of birds and attack a province one), but with PD 10 on all provinces, they all failed.

But he did grab that province right next to my capital. Good Job my secondary army is up (it has 2 vision's foe users in it too)

Also for some reason an Eagle King with an air gem didnt cast Wind Guide as scripted too. Anyone know why that might be?

Orders:

Main Army moves onward!

Secondary army will attack Niefelhiem's sacreds, I believe he will try raiding rather than go for my capital, so i will intercept him there. (he has turn priority)

Move some guys to province 44 ready to build a fort.

Site searching of water sites commences.

Send out the Seraphine to start building temples.

Recruitment:
1 Eagle King
4 Temple Guards
2 Harab Seraph
1 Jaguar Tribe Priest - thanks to my Ring of Wizardry I can make this guy forge a nature booster so he can start site searching nature sites.

Research: 124rp - nearly at Construction 5
Last edited by Drago0661 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Drago0661 wrote:Turn 26
Also for some reason an Eagle King with an air gem didnt cast Wind Guide as scripted too. Anyone know why that might be?
How big was the enemy force? If its under an certain threshold, the AI wont ‘waste’ gems.
Drago0661 wrote:
Secondary army will attack Niefelhiem's sacreds, I believe he will try raiding rather than go for my capital, so i will intercept him there. (he has turn priority)
turn priority?
First are movements in the magic phase. (teleport, etc.)
Second are movements into your territories.
Third are movements into enemy territories.
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Korwin wrote:
How big was the enemy force? If its under an certain threshold, the AI wont ‘waste’ gems.
Ah, it was just PD of a few giants, that might explain it. I didn't think the Ai was that smart. :tongue:
Korwin wrote:
turn priority?
First are movements in the magic phase. (teleport, etc.)
Second are movements into your territories.
Third are movements into enemy territories.
Thank you for this, I didn't know about that. I was told something else about turn priority being to do with some nations get priority over others and act first in the movement phase.

So what would happen if i move to an enemy province and the enemy moves into the province i came from?
Turn 27
Seems Niefelhiem tried using remote attack spells again, and failed again.

Speaking of failing... both of my armies did... turns out Vision's foe only ended up taking out an eye of the giants some of the time... (maybe the regeneration from their bless hindered their effectiveness?) when they hit... I thought it ignored armour... but if it was missing altogether then...

I don't know. All those gems gone to waste.

EDIT: just to make it clear, the sacred giants weren't blinded enough or they not all of them were effective, and all the archers and temple guards couldn't to any damage to them, due the the E9 bless they had. That coupled with the fact most of the damage that vision's foe and lightning bolt did would just get regenerated by the minor nature bless they had.

New Plan Time. Right now.

From what i did learn, the little air magic that did get used hurt Niefelhiem's sacreds, 19dmg from 1 bolt is pretty good.

Time to get on with the air magic filled storm army of zombies and lightning.

I see that Hinnom is moving to province 17 with his main army, now he didn't attack province 32 with the fort there. maybe he is moving to attack niefelhiem? or raid me? (because he isn't making a move towards my captial) either way i need to keep an eye on him.

Orders:

Main Army remanents retreats to province 43! (not sure it will work due to turn priority, but the priority didnt turn out as expected last turn, so i don't know) (thanks to Korwin's wisdom, this should be fine)
James bond will start taking the map move one units back to province 31 with the fort.

Secondary army remanents will move/defend province 43. I believe Niefelhiem's sacreds will continue to raid, so I will intercept with 10 Eagle Kings and some Caelian Seraphs and some corpsemen. The casters are all scripted to spam lightning bolt. I want to see those sacreds fry.

Nature indie with the Ring and Hammer forges a thistle mace for boosting.

Eagle King builds a lab in province 35

Recruitment:
1 Eagle King
1 Temple Guard (all i can afford)
3 Harab Seraph

Research: 72rp - My eagle kings need to fry some giants so I expected the dip in research. Got construction 5, still after construction 6 for the staff of storms.
Last edited by Drago0661 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Caelum: You blinded two of my giants. I have no idea why you did this, but I am mildly angry. My blind giant army will crush you!!
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Turn 28
Turns out lightning was quite effective against giants when it hit, I'll just change the script of the bolt spammers to cast aim before spamming, that should help.

So that raiding party is dead at least.

Hinnom's got a bigger force in that same province now, just got to keep an eye on it.

Fort in province 35 is finished, that makes 4 forts + capital.

Orders:

Build a temple in Province 35.

Give the nature mage indie a thistle mace so he can begin to site search.

Most of that army that killed the raiders will get back those provinces, we'll see if what they are needed for after that.

The majority of the eagle kings will move to the fort in province 31, they may be needed to stop some giants coming from province 44.

James Bond will make his way back to the capital where some temple guards and other units will be waiting, but he may be called for if the giants from Niefelheim decide to invade further.

An Eagle King from the capital will meet the army in taking back provinces with some extra troops.

Just moving some scouts and priests about to better positions to where i want temples/information.

Recruitment:
1 Eagle King
3 Harab Seraph (all I can afford)

Research: 90rp
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Hinnom regrets that they must announce the beginning of the Hinnom-Caelum war. There may have been a minor clerical error that lead to something our detractors might call a surprise attack, but those people are slanderous liars and shall be exterminated.

But it shouldn't really be that much of a surprise; with Caelum and Pangaea attempting to split the territories of Niefelheim, a war which we cannot profit from, our only options were to assist our giant brothers or fade quietly into oblivion next to our suddenly much larger and allied neighbors.

We also extend an offer of temporary alliance to Niefelheim (until the end of these hostilities with Caelum and Pangaea, for better or worse). And even R'lyeh, who has so far remained neutral. The Caelum-Pangaean alliance currently represents the largest threat on the map, and if they succeed in the war against Niefelheim the situation will only be more dire. Hinnom, for one, would rather fight now than when it's 16 provinces to an alliance of 50. And we would like to remind R'lyeh that if Hinnom and Niefelheim fall, R'lyeh will be very alone.

(Also, Pangaea told me not to tell you this, but they hate kittens, the ocean's or otherwise. What's up with that?)
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Whateves. I would hae soloed em both, but I guess some help might let it go a little swifter.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Ikeren wrote:Whateves. I would hae soloed em both, but I guess some help might let it go a little swifter.
Well, yes, I suppose that's also a possibility, though I'm not as confident in that outcome as you are. :tongue: Maybe I'm over-estimating Caelum's battle magic? Who knows. Either way, I lose this war by staying out of it. I need my share of the war spoils to grow. So I'm going to crush some little peoples and see how that goes.
Last edited by DSMatticus on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

[SBa]
*looks towards Pangea and Ryleh* Gentlemen
*looks grimly towards Hinnom and Neifelhiem* Savages... *spits in their direction*

It would seem that we have another uninvited guest who does not know the common courtesy of calling ahead *looks at Hinnom*.

However we British are good hosts, we know how to treat our guests rightfully. We will see to our first guest, Neifelheim, first. Then we will throw Hinnom out of the door, do not think that your little trinkets will save you.

*turns to Ryleh* In regards to the Savage's offer for you to join them. I needn't remind you that no matter the out come of this war between Caelum-Pangea and Hinnom-Neifelheim, that there will still be 2 large nations on land regardless of who wins.
I would also like to note that both myself and Pangea are able to forge Amulets of the Fish, and Co-operation will be rewarded.

The choice remains yours.

Good Day.

[\SBa]

Turn 29

So here is Hinnom, with what he calls not a "surprise attack", which i'm calling bullshit, he had plenty of time to post it on the thread.

His armies are of make ups:
1. in province 43, the one next to my capital. 1 Chariot, Sacreds, 2 sacred commanders both with a ring of tamed lightning, and one of which has equiped with vine shield, horned helm, ring of regeneration and boots of the messenger, and is scripted to cast body ethereal and personal luck. The bless seems to be a minor nature and earth.

2. in province 24 there are mainly chariorts and sacreds with 1 sacred commander with a ring of tamed lightning.

Sigh I was hoping that my pretender would be here before i fought hinnom so i could equip astral gear to them to fight Hinnom SCs. But alas I need to make do with what I've got.

If i'm gonna take on the SC in army 1 I need to forge some frostbrands so my Eagle King's attacks can get through that etherealness. Then They can buff themselves with Mirror Image, Ironskin, Stoneskin, Quicken Self, and bless themelves with a major earth and minor water bless.
And with something like 10 of them wth an army backed up, it should be enough.

For army 2, I'm gonna need more lighting or some good numbers. Niether of what which i have. I need evocation4 for thunderstrike, and i'm not done with construction 6. I'm gonna have to take some province losses from Hinnom for now until i'm ready to fight them.

But that aside, Pangea is now attacking Neifelhiem which their Gorgona and a massive amount of buffed maenads. That should focus Neifelhiems attention for now while i clean up the rest of his sacred with lots of lightning bolts.

Pangea has also given be assistance in the form of a Blood Stone! Excellent!
(in future Pangea wants some rainbow armour in exchange, what my pretender can easily craft)
So now I have some earth income, and i can stick it on a eagle king with the ring of wizardry so i can start forging hammers.
But for now that e3 opens up a great way for fighting Hinnom: Destruction - a group of giants say bye bye to armor. When my SC eagle kings are ready this will be a big help with dealing with the rest of the army.

Orders:

My current army can't take Hinnom's army with the SC, so i'll give him some pain with a bit of counter raiding. I just need to buy a bit of time to get things ready.

James Bond and 10 Eagle Kings will attack niefelhiem's sacreds with bolts of lightning.

The priests that would have built temples will retreat.

forging 5 frostbrands this turn.

and a scout moves to scout.

Recruitment:
1 Eagle King
3 Harab Seraph (all I can afford (again, due to being raided))

Research:760rp
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Drago wrote:It would seem that we have another uninvited guest who does not know the common courtesy of calling ahead *looks at Hinnom*.
We left a message with a secretary, but then we ate them. We didn't really think that one through. (In Hinnom, this is what we call a clerical error.)
Drago wrote: *turns to Ryleh* In regards to the Savage's offer for you to join them. I needn't remind you that no matter the out come of this war between Caelum-Pangea and Hinnom-Neifelheim, that there will still be 2 large nations on land regardless of who wins.
That's very true, except that Niefelheim and Hinnom are not an alliance. You're always better off with two enemies who are bickering over their new borders than two who are wondering how to finish you off.

But I digress. Let's get on with this bloody, bloody war.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

My only NAP was Pangaea, now dissolved :-)
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

[Ga]We are announcing the dissolution of our NAP with Hinnom. It's been fun.[/Ga]