Let's Play Fighting Fantasy #5: City of Thieves

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

What FF should we Let's Play next?

#2: Citadel of Chaos
55%
#7: Island of the Lizard King
45%

Total votes: 11

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

The iron grill is securely bolted to the brick wall and you are unable to remove it. However, above the grill you notice a dark recess where some bricks have been removed from the wall. It is too dark to see deep inside the recess.

Do you wish to put your hand into the dark hole or would you rather walk back to the entrance hole?
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Hand in dark hole! There is probably something excellent down there!
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Nothing bad could ever come from sticking our hand in a dark hole! I mean, it's not like AH wrote this.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

Dirk doesn't give a fuck. Fist the hole!
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

You are slowly feeling your way along the bricks when your hand comes into contact with a smooth flat object. You pull it out and see that you are holding a mirror. You pack it away and walk back to the entrance hole.

You climb up the ladder to the street in order to continue east.

After replacing the manhole cover you set off east again. Everything seems a little too quiet and you begin to feel nervous. Ahead you see that Stable turns sharply to the left.

Do you wish to walk round the corner or walk back to the junction and turn right into Tower Street?

Dirk Von Facestabber III
SKILL: 12/12
STAMINA: 23/24
LUCK: 11/12
Equipment: Broadsword, Leather Armor, Magnificent Shield (+1 Attack)
Potions: None
Provisions: 8 meals
Keys: None
Misc: Throwing Knife, Climbing Rope, Butcher's Meat Hook, Iron Spike, Lantern, Clove of Garlic, Old Knucklebones, Candles (3,) Mirror
Quest Items: Silver Arrow, Hag's Hair, Black Pearls (6)
Gold Pieces: 49

(No objections to popping a couple of meals, so I did. Also forgot to record the Silver Arrow earlier on our Adventure Sheet so I did that too.)

EDIT: Ticked off the Gold we spent from buying the Silver Arrow, which I also forgot to did. Copypasta errors should all be corrected now.)
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

I vote round the corner.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Corner! There may be hookers there!

-Username17
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

sure, corner.

... that centipede was a worthy foe, it managed to wound us where the armored guards, troll, dog, fat man, snakes, gobin, dogs, giant rats, and hag failed.

...ok that and the Candlelf, he had his way with us for 5 mysterious minutes.

I say we eat something, the sewer made us hungry.
Last edited by OgreBattle on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

My computer gets cyber-gonorrhea for a few days, and when I go over to Darth's slovenly wench of a laptop, I find that Dirk has accomplished much and done little.

I have it on good authority that if we turn the corner, we get to use our throwing knife.

If only this adventure could continue forever... deciding Dirks fate is like eating pumpkin pie covered in moral celery.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Standing in a line across the street are three tall men each armed with a spiked club. You notice that each has a red star tattooed on his forehead. They are vagabonds intent on robbing you. If you have a Throwing Knife you may be able to cut one down before they reach you.

You take aim carefully and throw the knife at the leading vagabond. Roll two dice. (4, 6 =10.) If the total is the same or less than your SKILL score (it is,) the knife sinks deep into the vagabond's chest, stopping him dead in his tracks.

The other two vagabonds stop to aid their friend, but it is too late, as he is already dead. They seem undecided as to what to do next. After a brief conversation they pick up their dead friend and carry him off down a narrow alleyway to your right. You walk off quickly north before they have time to reappear with more of their gang.

The houses in this section of Stable Street consists of two rows of terraces. They are all made of sandstone apart from one in the middle of the terrace to your right, which is made of brick and is painted white. The door is made of oak and a serpent's head is carved into it.

Do you wish to enter the white house or keep walking north?
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

The VonFacestabber lineage needs a representative in the Whitehouse so that they can squash investigations into the family wealth acquired through bootleg liquor and/or selling engine parts to ze Germans. Run for office.

-Username17
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

You walk into a room with sparse furnishings and a polished wooden floor. Silk curtains hang down over an archway on the far wall. As you start to walk across the wooden floor, a woman's voice calls out, "Who is it?" You may:

Tell her you are delivering flowers
Tell her you have come to collect old rags
Tell her you are a tax collector
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

flowers
Last edited by Dr_Noface on Thu May 02, 2019 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Yup, we're delivering flowers.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Dr_Noface wrote:Bitches love flowers. They're like bees. And Dirk is the honey.
A hundred guilders that she looks like the chick on the viewscreen:
Last edited by Shrapnel on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half asleep upon my knee
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

The woman's voice sounds excited as she calls through the curtains, "Oh, I wonder which kind dear has sent me flowers? Can you tell me who they are from?"

Do you wish to tell her a name or tell her that you do not know who they are from?
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

Claim its from a secret admirer.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

SECRET! AD! MI! ER! ER!!!!

YAAAH!
Half asleep upon my knee
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

The silk curtains in front of the archway are suddenly pulled aside and a strange creature steps into the room. It has a snake's head, which sits oddly atop the body of a young woman wearing a lavish gown. Its mouth opens and a forked tongue darts in and out as the SERPENT QUEEN challenges you, saying, "Do not lie to me, scoundrel. No doubt you are an assassin come here to kill me. But you shall die instead!" Suddenly the Serpent Queen stretches out her head and bites you on the neck. Lose 4 STAMINA points and 1 SKILL point. (Bitch, that SKILL loss hurts.) If you are still alive, you draw your sword to defend yourself.

SERPENT QUEEN SKILL 9 STAMINA 7

Combat Log:
Queen 12, Dirk 19. The Serpent Queen is at 5.
Queen 19, Dirk 22. The Serpent Queen is at 3.
Queen 17, Dirk 15. Dirk is at 17.
Queen 21, Dirk 22. The Serpent Queen is at 1.
Queen 16, Dirk 23. The Serpent Queen is dead.
(Ouch. She's the only really challenging opponent we've fought other than the Centipede, mostly due to the SKILL damage. Again, I'mma gonna pop 2 more Meals unless people object.)

You sheathe your sword and start to search the Serpent Queen's home. You find a brown leather bag which you pick up and shake. The contents make a jingling sound. Inside you find 12 Gold Pieces. Add 1 LUCK point. You leave the house and continue your walk along Stable Street.

You soon reach a junction in the street. Stable Street continues north and to your left you see Tower Street heading west. You decide to keep going north.

To your left you see a large wooden barn set back from the houses. Two horses are tied to a post outside the barn, and smoke rises from a crooked chimney on top of its low flat roof. Do you wish to walk through the barn doors or rather continue north?

SKILL: 11/12
STAMINA: 17/24 (or 24/24 if we pop 2 meals)
LUCK: 12/12
Equipment: Broadsword, Leather Armor, Magnificent Shield (+1 Attack)
Potions: None
Provisions: 8 meals (or possibly 6)
Keys: None
Misc: Climbing Rope, Butcher's Meat Hook, Iron Spike, Lantern, Clove of Garlic, Old Knucklebones, Candles (3,) Mirror
Quest Items: Silver Arrow, Hag's Hair, Black Pearls (6)
Gold Pieces: 61
(Had forgot to cross off the Throwing Knife.)
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

I vote barn doors. Also, LOL WUT serpent queen
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I say pop the meals, go through the barn.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

We don't know.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

You soon realize that you are in a stable when you see a large, bare-chested man wearing a grubby white apron busy at work at an open fire. He takes a red-hot iron bar from the fire with his gloved hand and starts to hammer it into the shape of a horseshoe on his anvil. Sweat pours from his brow as he toils with the hammer. Will you:

Make conversation with the blacksmith?
Attack him with your sword?
Leave him to his labors and continue north?
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Clearly he is our brother of metal, why is "make love" not an option? Oh well, we make conversation.

-Username17
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Make that sweet, sweet, conversation.