Dom3: Revenge of the Den

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:So, uh, Utgard. Apparently I own a province next your capital now. That was not expected or on purpose or near me at all. Feel free to take that back there at your earliest convenience.
Wow, that is indeed awesomely random :-) No worries, I'll grab it back if you are cool with.

Is this your prince of death dude hopping around the map having fun?
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Hey, Gath survived!

Also... Woo. Based on the scores it seems the turn went as planned. I have to wait a couple of hours before I get to see the actual turn file though :/

Unfortunately, I'm still in the middle of a spectacular clusterfuck. But I guess that's better than Gath's position.

----

Also... Since I'm most likely far away from Ermor, I will again reiterate that Ermor is researching pretty briskly (he's #3 on the graphs). Which means he's developing WMDs and must be stopped before we all suddenly die of old age anthrax :P.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

No, it's just a thing that happens sometimes. People become death cultists of Ermor, stage uprisings, and declare that I'm in charge of places I've never seen before. I don't know if it replaces barbarian invasion and baron uprising events or if it's in addition to those, and I don't know if it's based on scales or anything.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Zinegata wrote:Also... Since I'm most likely far away from Ermor, I will again reiterate that Ermor is researching pretty briskly (he's #3 on the graphs). Which means he's developing WMDs and must be stopped before we all suddenly die of old age anthrax :P.
I am researching basic Conjuration so I can get access to some of my national units and site-search with my death casters. The only reason I'd even look at the crazy shit that declares war on the world is if the world pre-emptively declares war on me, leaving me with no reason not to do it.
Orca
Knight-Baron

Post by Orca »

It's not as if I even know where Ermor is, anyway. The only side I've located is Agartha (Hi, Agartha!).

Does anyone know if the little tent or house icons on the map mean anything?
Last edited by Orca on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheNotSoEvilNecromancer
Journeyman

Post by TheNotSoEvilNecromancer »

Hello T'ien Ch'i, nice to meet you?
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:No, it's just a thing that happens sometimes. People become death cultists of Ermor, stage uprisings, and declare that I'm in charge of places I've never seen before. I don't know if it replaces barbarian invasion and baron uprising events or if it's in addition to those, and I don't know if it's based on scales or anything.
OK, that is both totally awesome and also amazingly disturbing, all at the same time :-)
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

If you are in 76 or 45, please PM me to discuss province borders with the friendly blue giants of Utgard :-)
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:I am researching basic Conjuration so I can get access to some of my national units and site-search with my death casters. The only reason I'd even look at the crazy shit that declares war on the world is if the world pre-emptively declares war on me, leaving me with no reason not to do it.
Sir Gawain of the Knights of the Round Table will show up on the Dominions Security Council to present evidence of the Ermor WMD program!

We already have a vial of sand collected from some random beach to show that you are developing anthrax! :P
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

I have solid evidence that Agartha is helping Ermor with the tech needed to make exploding zombies. This could mean the END of DEMOCRACY!

Thankfully I rule by divine will.
Last edited by Shiritai on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

We support this evidence as 100% authentic despite not even knowing where Atlantis is!
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

Shiritai wrote:I have solid evidence that Agartha is helping Ermor with the tech needed to make exploding zombies.
Wait, if the zombies explode when you make them, aren't they mostly a danger to guy doing the making bit? :shocked:
Shiritai wrote:This could mean the END of DEMOCRACY!.
As long as by "the END of DEMOCRACY" you mean "RULE BY BIG BLUE COLD LOVING GIANTS", then this sounds like an awesome outcome to me. Bring on the exploding Agarthan zombies! :party:
TheNotSoEvilNecromancer
Journeyman

Post by TheNotSoEvilNecromancer »

So wait, who is on the Axis of Evil now? Half of the players?

For the record I am only researching the enrichment of undead cyclopeans to produce Pale One Based Power. Any statements to the contrary are Syballine lies!
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Nah, 3 players that are part of the Axis of Evil out of 12 is hardly half.

Besides which, I suspect that I will not play a big part in the crusade against the squidfaced menace or the walking dead. Instead, I will be doing my best to prevent Man from becoming 'Nam :P.
K
King

Post by K »

Zinegata wrote:
angelfromanotherpin wrote:I am researching basic Conjuration so I can get access to some of my national units and site-search with my death casters. The only reason I'd even look at the crazy shit that declares war on the world is if the world pre-emptively declares war on me, leaving me with no reason not to do it.
Sir Gawain of the Knights of the Round Table will show up on the Dominions Security Council to present evidence of the Ermor WMD program!

We already have a vial of sand collected from some random beach to show that you are developing anthrax! :P
Almost true. There is a Knight event in late era where some badass knights wearing armor Of The Sun come and take a province.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Heh, nice!

I actually got a Knight event too... the Green Knight showed up on my doorstep a couple of turns ago :D.

Edit: Turn does not seem to want to be submitted -_-
Last edited by Zinegata on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Hi, Ermor!
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Dammit. Can't see the turn until later.

Interesting results though. Gath's still alive. And my turn looks like it went as planned.

Also, I think I've mapped out where everyone is. Can we like, have a big conference now to preserve world peace ala the Hague? We have a big round table ready at our capital for just such an occassion.

Because I'm getting worried that several people are plotting to kill cute little me :cry:

Also, some more analysis... Currently, I can see there will be three, possibly four major "regions" in this world that will remain mostly isolated from one another for the next couple of turns. The people in these regions REALLY need to talk.
Last edited by Zinegata on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Akula wrote:Hi, Ermor!
Why hello, Marignon! Scrummy to see. I hope we can be good neighbors at least until there's no more independent territory to compete for.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Breaking News from the Bards News Network!

Chelms and Patala Now at War!

After intense covert negotiations failed to reach a settlement, Patalan forces invaded the disputed province of Wacce last month, which is currently controlled by the Tower of Chelms. The force was led by seven war elephants, backed up by Markata archers and a sizeable group of mercenary human archers.

However, it seems that the Chelmian forces had been preparing for this eventuality. Although few regular Chelmian troops were available to defend Wacce, large numbers of locally recruited troops sprang into action to defend their homeland.

The pitched battle resulted in heavy losses on both sides. The Patalan Elephant charge was initially hugely successful, wiping out the entire Wacce 1st Milita Regiment. But mounting losses, the self-sacrifice of the surviving local militia, and heavy crossbow fire from the regular Chelmian troops drove the Elephants into a panic, and the surviving Elephants carved a path through their own Markata archers to escape. In confusion, the Patalan army was routed and lost a third of its number. On the Chelmian side, the militia troops were almost totally wiped out, but the regular troops reportedly suffered no losses.

Foremost amongst the casualties was the Patalan prophet, Agreni, who was left behind by his cowardly troops and clubbed to death by enraged Wacce longbowmen. Arrangements are being made by Chelmian forces to return the enemy commander's body to his homeland.

Chelmian leaders in the capital were outraged by the attack, despite the overwhelming victory of their forces. This comes after the Chelmian offer for a peace conference to mediate all possible disputes and prevent a general war. One leader, who refused to be identified, declared the peace conference dead by saying "War should be terrible! You may as well talk of civilizing hell!"

Nonetheless, other Chelmian leaders are calling for restraint and urge that the peace talks continue - albeit without Patalan diplomats present.

-----

Okay, there you have it. Our first proper battle in this game :P.

I'd just like to reiterate that cthulhu and I had no NAP, so this is a perfectly legit attack. Frankly, given his position, it was in his national interest to attack me, albeit I do think he went for it too early.
Last edited by Zinegata on Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

Excellent description of the battle :-)

So in summary, it sucks to be Patala?
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Nah. An Elephant rush is a very strong starting strategy. It's just that Man is one of the best archery nations in LA, and archery is one of the ways to deal with Elephants this early.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

I got pretty unlucky with that attack. Had a random event that used my prophet to go mute, meaning he didn't cast sermon of courage in the fight, nor did he smite. If the elephants hadn't of routed, I probably would have been okay.

Life goes on.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

cthulhu wrote:I got pretty unlucky with that attack. Had a random event that used my prophet to go mute, meaning he didn't cast sermon of courage in the fight, nor did he smite. If the elephants hadn't of routed, I probably would have been okay.

Life goes on.
Yeah, but I was counting on the Elephants routing with enough hits, hence all those brave militia eating up their tramples. :)

Actually, I was also aware of your prophet's many afflictions.

Chelm has spies everywhere too :D
Last edited by Zinegata on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

I would have no frigiin' clue how to play this game, but I have to say, Zinegata, that was an awesome write up to read!

And really, this is how roleplaying games came about... Someone was watching a wargame go down, and when another person started narrating, the first's response was, "See, I'd totally play this game if it sounded this cool all the time!"

;)
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.