[Dom3]Newbie EA game

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

This was on turn... 30, right? So orders to attack given on 33 to arrive on 34? Is that how this works?
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

DSMatticus wrote:This was on turn... 30, right? So orders to attack given on 33 to arrive on 34? Is that how this works?
Yes.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Turn 30

So Hinnom is sieging my capital, and Neifelhiem is seiging another fort. Giants are not well know for their seiging against flying units, so it'll take a few turns to break it, a lot of turns indeed for may capital(45 damage done to a 700 defence fort).

Well i can't do much until I have Construction 6 and preferably Evocation 4 for Thunder Strike.

Orders:

Army will continue to raid Hinnom.

James Bond and co. will try to attack Niefelhiem's sacreds.

Forging 4 more ice brands.

Recruitment
3 Harab Seraphs
A bunch of archers in fort 24

Research: 117rp - construction 6 next turn

Graphs:

Provinces:

Forts:

Income:

Gems:

Research:

Dominion:

Army Size:

Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Turn 31

Construction 6 is done.

I'm still being sieged, but looks like Hinnom didn't want my capital. Probably leaving it to Niefelhiem to siege. But i'm getting some help from Pangea who will be teleporting an army into province 51, where the larger army of Niefelhiem is, so that should be dealt with.

Orders:

Right i'll have my raiding army retreat, as they are in no position to do a successful siege. They'll head back to the capital, and probably help defend the siege at province 32 at some point. Due to the map movement they'll have to do it in 2 groups: flying and non-flying.

James bond and co will go to fort at 24, the Eagle Kings will pick up the frostbrands and deal with the sacreds sieging the fort next turn.

forge 1 more icebrand and 2 staff of storms: one for the lighting army, and another to start the major corpsemen construction spam.

Recruitment
2 Harab Seraphs - money is so low...

Research: 133rp - next stop: evocation 4 (approx 3 turns)
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Turn 32

Evocation 3 is done.

Had trouble paying upkeep this turn.

Not sure what happened to Pan's help. I think it failed. Sigh.

The move move 1 guys (temple guards and corpsemen) raiding Hinnom were killing by niefelhiem

Well looks like Hinnom's SC and giants dont want to siege and are just raiding for now.

That 1 group of niefelheims sacreds are dead, i think niefelhiem wanted to retreat with those, but he acts before me in the movement phases so our armies bumped into each other and spamming lightning bolt wins. The prophet that is now sieging fort 24 after routing from that fight... for some reason...

With Evocation 4 coming up next turn I can start fighting more head on battles with the larger armies, I just need more corpsemen for meatshields that cost no upkeep.

Orders:
James bond and co will go to fort at 24, the Eagle Kings will pick up the frostbrands and deal with the prophet sieging there, and probably have to deal with the large hinnom army nearby aswell.

I've give all my corpsemen production boosters to the harab seraphs in fort 24 and have them corpseman construction, we need more meatshields if i'm going to fight Hinnom.

Forge 1 staff of storms.

The Harab Seraph that survived Niefelhiem's army will just fly back to the cap. The indie commander there is doomed anyway.

Recruitment
None - got no money to. I even had to convert some earth gems into gold to help towards paying for next turn's upkeep, i dont want to not pay upkeep again, or my army will start deserting.

Research: 191rp - Evocation 4 next turn, then onto enchantment 2 for revive king - got to have someone ferry all these corpsemen i'll be making.
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Turn 33

My God, Nora is here!

Evocation 4 is done. Time to spam some Lightning Strikes!

Seems Hinnom is sending more Lightning Immune SCs my way, well good job my God is here to help forge the much needed equipment to fight against them.

With staff of storms in my army i can have all my guys cast summon storm power, and my harab seraphs become lightning spammers (after casting aim of course).

Hinnom is still raiding.

Nefielhiem's prophet ran away into pangea's province, and taking it solo...

Speaking of which Pangea isn't doing so well... probably due to niefelheim's major earth and minor nature blessed sacreds, i did warn them...

And Ryleh seems content just chilling underwater... I think i might try open communications, i have a feeling this war will turn into a 2v1 situation, and some help is going to be needed.
I'll have to break the bad news that mind hunt wont work on the giant factions, Hinnom gets astral on Ba'als and there are astral indie mages in province 44, which Neifelheim has, maybe that will convince to help me while i'm still alive, after all i can easily forge amulets of the fish.

Orders:

Nora will forge a Lucky Coin Shield with the hammer.

Nefielhiem is about to storm one of my forts. Let's crash his party with lightning! lots of lightning! (yay for flying). I've sent one of my seraphines with the staff of storms, so they can do something useful, like cast lightning bolt with the item spell.

Recruitment
3 Harab Seraphs - money is still low...

Research: 194rp - I'll finish Enchantment 2 next turn, rest of the points go towards Evocation 5 - i'm aiming for Evocation 6.
Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

Question: doesn't naming casters for their paths in an MP game give too much away?
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Starmaker wrote:Question: doesn't naming casters for their paths in an MP game give too much away?
The paths of most casters are pretty obvious unless you're a faction with a lot of randoms. Mine, actually, has a lot of randoms; they have a pick of earth, fire, or astral, which totally changes the spells they're throwing around. I'm probably giving away quite a bit of info with my naming, but I don't know if it's going to seriously effect any outcomes in the current scenario. I can imagine some cases where I'd want to hide it though.

But the convenience of being able to find that caster you need? Too damn nice to pass up on.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

[Ga]Unfortunately, our economic problems have left our nation vulnerable to a takeover bid by Germanic giants. As a result, we have decided to surrender, and send all of our resources to our longtime ally Caelum.[/Ga]

Basically, I've gone AI. Have fun, folks - I did. :D
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

DSMatticus wrote:
Starmaker wrote:Question: doesn't naming casters for their paths in an MP game give too much away?
The paths of most casters are pretty obvious unless you're a faction with a lot of randoms. Mine, actually, has a lot of randoms; they have a pick of earth, fire, or astral, which totally changes the spells they're throwing around. I'm probably giving away quite a bit of info with my naming, but I don't know if it's going to seriously effect any outcomes in the current scenario. I can imagine some cases where I'd want to hide it though.

But the convenience of being able to find that caster you need? Too damn nice to pass up on.
Well just my take on this, any fight that those casters take part in, that the opponents see, can easily identify the paths the caster are.

Normally it is the first time you actually see those casters as well (as opponents).
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Question: doesn't naming casters for their paths in an MP game give too much away?
A couple times I got a look at what pans casters were early, but they have so few randoms it didn't matter. And the organizational payoff is huge.

Sinister/Pangaea: A bit early? Or am I doing more than I thought I was?
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

@Niefelheim, I'm going to have to make pretty ambitious claims on the territories of Pangaea. Pangaea and I started annoyingly close, so most of their territory is in my backyard. Removing that particular thorn in my side is my first priority, so I'm planning to take most of the territories on my side of the wrap around of Pangaea's.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Ikeren wrote:
A couple times I got a look at what pans casters were early, but they have so few randoms it didn't matter. And the organizational payoff is huge.

Sinister/Pangaea: A bit early? Or am I doing more than I thought I was?
In all honesty, I wasn't really prepared to take on sacred giants correctly. Pan lacks offensive magic generally speaking, and my hordes of chaff were rendered almost useless without high-end buffs from Earth and Nature. To make matters worse, I'd built like a complete dork, and essentially made a lot of newbie mistakes. I could have lived for about another turn, but not for much longer.

So yeah, you probably are doing more than you thought you were.
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Turn 34
So My ally Pangea is now AI - sigh.

On the brightside i got all of his gems, money, and magical items (notably 2 more hammers, more thistle maces, 2 more blood stones, earth boots, another robe of the sea, blood slaves and did i mention lots of gems?)

No response yet from Ryleh about the PM i sent him.

Hinnom is still raiding with both armies.

Nefielhiem has not engaged my capital yet.

Nefielhiem is sending another army out - from province 42, winter wolves and nefiel giants commanded by a nefiel jarl.

and Nefielhiem is being cute with his prophet, managing to seige my fort in 24 by getting past 1 pd. well he cant damage the walls, but it is annoying.

Orders:

Nora will forge a Lucky Coin Shield with the hammer.

2 Eagle Kings will forge a staff of the storms with hammers - need more corpsemen meat shields.

Nautre indie mage with a booster will forge a vine shield.

Army of lightning will move to intercept Hinnom's chariot army (i suspect that they will move to province 38 to continue raiding.), i've scripted all those 10 eagle kings with icebrands (2 with shields) to buff themselves and head into combat. This is for the Lightning Immune commanders Hinnom has. Most of the lightning should weaken the rest of the forces anyway.
I'm sending extra harab seraphs from fort 31 aswell for more lightning support on the chariots.

Recruitment
1 Eagle King - I can finally recruit one again! (thanks Pangea)
2 Harab Seraph - rest of forts are sieged.

Research: 155rp - I'll finish Evocation 5 next turn.
Last edited by Drago0661 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

@Caelum, My chariots routed at the exact moment they reached your line of back commanders. That is the most depressing thing ever. I would have killed so many mages.

Actually, every part of that turn went poorly; Mister_Sinister, the AI Pangaea is doing exactly what I would have done in your position and it is working even better than I expected.
Last edited by DSMatticus on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

DSMatticus wrote:@Caelum, My chariots routed at the exact moment they reached your line of back commanders. That is the most depressing thing ever. I would have killed so many mages.
Yea, that's the power of many lightning bolt spammers. But I will need some new chaff to prtect both of my flanks. Easily done.

Operation "Clean Up" is going well.
Last edited by Drago0661 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Turn 35

I've killed 1 of hinnom's rading parties of chariots and giants, only losing 1 harab seraph and chaff.

Neifelhiem seiges my cap.

That army Neifelhiem is sending... has winter wolves, neifel giants - and a neifel jarl with an air random casting resist lightning... great... so he is both cold immune and lightning immune... sigh... I might have to get my Pretender to deal with him.

An hinnom's last raiding party continues to raid...

Orders:

Army moves to the cap to stop the siege.

Forge some Winged shoes - Nora may have to get into the battle field against that jarl, and i need her to move with the army.

Forge Vine shield and Lucky Coin shield - need more SC equipment.

Recruitment
3 Harab Seraphs

Research: 167rp - with all this lightning immunity coming out ii'm going to change my research target - i'm going to start clamming. With Nora probably moving out I'll need a naiad instead, so conjuration 5 it is. The astral pearls will be used to summon my national summons using Call Amesha Spenta, which is at conjuration 8.

Graphs:

Provinces:

Forts:

Income:

Gems:

Research:

Dominion:

Army Size:

Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Turn 36
Still no responce from Ryleh... I've sent him an ingame message - hopefully he'll respond to that.

Fires from afar (3 from hinnom) hit some chaff and mages, killing some and wounding others, but mainly chaff though so nothing too bad. At the cost of 30 fire gems, he can't do that too often.

More raiding instead of sieging from Neifelhiem... I wish he would stay still so i can kill him :/

Hinnom seiges that fort in 32 once again, but i think he won't be staying for too long.

Right enough forging SC equipment, I need to buckle down and bunker down and get my clam economy going and prepare for my late game, if i'm going to have a chance to make a comeback against these 2 giant factions its going to be that.

I'm going to have to give up that fort in province 35, i need to limit my borders so they are easier to protect against multiple assaults.

Next i need to grab some provinces back, My upkeep is getting bigger than my income, i've alchemised some earth gems to compensate for that this turn.

Orders:

Nora will forge A Clam of Pearls to start my astral income.

Army of Lightning (with new chaff of corpsemen and archers, plus some more mages) will move to where Neifelhiem's army is, maybe we will bump into each other (i hope so), either way i need to start taking back provinces, and I think Hinnom's siege is going to back track with they're rading done. If they don't I will simply fly back to that fort before they storm it.

Recruitment
1 Eagle King
1 Harab Seraph

Research: 138rp - Conjuration 5 in 2 turns
Last edited by Drago0661 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Turn 37

Oh hey! I bumped into Neifelhiem's raiding force, and as expected the fight was completely one-way (my lightning killed the majority of his forces before they even reach the frontlines) only loses were a few chaff.

Hinnom's raiding force as expected, did not stick around for sieging, that's one less thing to clean up.

Neifelhiem is going to storm that fort in province 35 next turn, he can have it I don't really care.

Next I need to grab some provinces back, My upkeep is still pretty high compared to my income, i've alchemised some earth gems to make sure my upkeep for next turn is payed (again...).

Orders:

Nora will forge A Clam of Pearls.

Army of Lightning (with new Corpsemen!) will move to kill that last Jarl that routed and take the province.

I've given a staff of storms to the Seraphine in province 24 with the fort, all the harabs seraphs there with the mammoths and temple guards will break the siege of nefielhiem's prophet. I think he's been there long enough.

Recruitment
1 Harab Seraph - money... so low...

Research: 141rp - Conjuration 5 next turn.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Drago0661 wrote:Turn 37
Not shure about those Clams.
Clams are an long term investion.

Are you shure about your long term survival?
Or nothing to use the gems on, that will help you immediatly?
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Korwin wrote:
Not shure about those Clams.
Clams are an long term investion.

Are you shure about your long term survival?
Or nothing to use the gems on, that will help you immediatly?
Well if you look at my gem stockade thanks to what Pangea gave me i have like 100 water gems and 50 nature gems, the only gems i'm actually using are air gems, and those are for corpsemen, I'm using no gems to power my army which can hold its own for awhile. Army vs army i can take Hinnom and Nefielhiem armies, the only reason I've fallen behind and got raided was there where 4+ armies taking provinces to my 1.

I'm not worried about my survival. and I've got nothing better to burn those water and nature gems on, its not like i'm going to cast any useful rituals in water.

So as I've said, I've decided to play defensively, its essentially a 2v1 and if i'm going to win, i'm going to have to grind out a win. With a Naiad and Nora pumping out clams you'll be surprised how quickly those astral pearls stock up. I'm planning on using those for my national summons and global rituals.

If you have any other ideas, that I haven't considered, I'm all ears :)
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

I may need to tag out; I'm traveling for a bit.

Is there anyone out there who wants to take over?
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Turn 38

Right, I've got conjuration 5. Time to summon that naiad.

Took the province with that jarl in with only some losses of chaff (from my own lightning funnily enough, they are only 50% resisant).

I've beaten the seige of the prophet, loosing some chaff and that Seraphine carry the staff of storms, but a Harab Seraph picked up the staff so no real losses.

Orders:

Nora will Summon a Naiad.

Army of Lightning will move to take next province.

Recruitment
2 Harab Seraph - an improvement atleast.

Research: 164rp - Next Goal: Conjuration 8.

Just a straight forward turn (for once :tongue: ).
Last edited by Drago0661 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Turn 39

After an exchange of messages with Ryleh, it would seem that we do share a common goal of wanting to kill Neifelhiem, and they are willing to assist me when the eventual time comes to counter-attack.

Took that province with a small lose of chaff.

Neifelhiem took that fort he was sieging, he had a total of 2 Jarls with a random in air to cast resist lightning. I have a feeling he'll be Marching his way to another fort soon. but let's see what happen's first.
I lost the Eagle King and the Harab Seraph that was there.

Orders:

Nora and the Naiad will forge a clam each with hammers.

Army of Lightning will move to take next province.

Recruitment
2 Harab Seraph - only got the funds after alchemising my earth gems.

Research: 158rp - Conjuration 6 in 2 turns.
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Turn 40

Oh looky here, Niefelhiem is back for round 2 with 2 armies, both lead by air random Niefel Jarls for resist lightning.

Hinnom also seems to be cleaning up Pangea, maybe looking to go after the fort in 24 afterwards.

I think its time Nora went out to greet our visiters, with the appropriate gifts of course (gifts from heaven that is).

If the mass lightning that kills the rest of Niefelheim's army and doesn't make the jarl route, then gifts from heaven will just kill the Jarls (i've even scripted for aim and eagle eyes to increase Nora's precision and summon earth power for a total of e10 + renvig).

I know where that army with the winter wolves will move next, but i'm not so sure about the army with the longdeads, are they going to raid or going to siege? Better play it safe.

Orders:

Army moves back to Capital, then I will move out with the army + Nora against Niefeilheim's armies.

Naiad and Nora Will forge a Clam of Pearls.

a Harab seraph will summon a mount king to carry all the corpsemen.

Recruitment
2 Harab Seraphs

Research: 162rp - Conjuration 6 next turn.

Graphs:

Provinces:

Forts:

Income:

Gems:

Research:

Dominion:

Army Size:

Last edited by Drago0661 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.