4e failed design goals

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Doom
Duke

Post by Doom »

I don't reckon there are many 4e trolls left....the WoTC forums are rather dusty, Amazon is quite dead, and other sites are sporadic at best.
Kaelik, to Tzor wrote: And you aren't shot in the face?
Frank Trollman wrote:A government is also immortal ...On the plus side, once the United Kingdom is no longer united, the United States of America will be the oldest country in the world. USA!
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

the 4e forums are filled with 4e trolls, but they're busy fighting each other on the wotc forums.
Count Arioch wrote:I'm not sure how discussions on whether PR is a terrible person or not is on-topic.
Ant wrote:
Chamomile wrote:Ant, what do we do about Psychic Robot?
You do not seem to do anything.
Doom
Duke

Post by Doom »

My bad, there are absolutely some left....but I still see them as a breed dying in tandem with the game.
Kaelik, to Tzor wrote: And you aren't shot in the face?
Frank Trollman wrote:A government is also immortal ...On the plus side, once the United Kingdom is no longer united, the United States of America will be the oldest country in the world. USA!
Dog Quixote
1st Level

Post by Dog Quixote »

Rpgnet will still dogpile any one who suggests that 4E may not be doing so well.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Dog Quixote wrote:Rpgnet will still dogpile any one who suggests that 4E may not be doing so well.
Rpg.net is a weird place. You can still get flamed for saying that nWoD isn't doing so well. Even though it has been officially canceled and there is an oWoD core book for release in September and the MMO is oWoD and scheduled to drop next year. I mean seriously, what has to happen before rpg.net won't get on your dick for saying that an edition is weak sauce?

Ah well, at least they still let you criticize RIFTS and Cthulhutech.

-Username17
DragonChild
Knight-Baron

Post by DragonChild »

Rpg.net is a weird place. You can still get flamed for saying that nWoD isn't doing so well. Even though it has been officially canceled and there is an oWoD core book for release in September and the MMO is oWoD and scheduled to drop next year. I mean seriously, what has to happen before rpg.net won't get on your dick for saying that an edition is weak sauce?
It has to be an edition that people don't LIKE. You know, like when pointing out that someone is lying about HERO is a warnable offense.
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

so 4e is updating the 4e wizard for essentials. didn't bother to look through the class carefully but I saw this
Saving Throw Penalty: Choose one creature that is suffering an effect that was caused by one of your wizard powers and that a save can end. That creature takes a penalty to its next saving throw against that effect. The penalty equals your Wisdom modifier.
what the fuck
Count Arioch wrote:I'm not sure how discussions on whether PR is a terrible person or not is on-topic.
Ant wrote:
DragonChild
Knight-Baron

Post by DragonChild »

Psychic Robot wrote:so 4e is updating the 4e wizard for essentials. didn't bother to look through the class carefully but I saw this
Saving Throw Penalty: Choose one creature that is suffering an effect that was caused by one of your wizard powers and that a save can end. That creature takes a penalty to its next saving throw against that effect. The penalty equals your Wisdom modifier.
what the fuck
That is super, super, SUPER old.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

It's a nerf to the old Orb of Imposition.

Nevertheless, if you look in the essentials wizard book, there is a 15th level daily that knocks dudes unconscious for 1d4 hours when you fail the 1st save.

The nerf to the save penalty stacking is that it all only affects the 1st save.

Win, WoTC, win.

Also, Mike Mearls got promoted I hear.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

That is super, super, SUPER old.
the point is that they are updating the old material to go with essentials and they still didn't fix it
Ant wrote: