The Giant Mushroom Cloud over Faerun

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Draco_Argentum
Duke

Re: The Giant Mushroom Cloud over Faerun

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Sounds like they're trying to make it Darker and Edgier.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Except it's still full of fail.

FR is seriously a setting where you need to constantly ignore the fact that there are Campaign-writer self-inserts all over the place if you want to play at all.

Any single of the "big bads" could have easily ported in a hundred Vrocks and used them to ruin an enemy nation while paying them in chained-Genie-rubies; then take over the now weakened nation.

They just don't.

Basically they are all suffering from "evil genius" syndrome. Lots of power, and all of it misspent.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
RandomCasualty
Prince

Post by RandomCasualty »

FrankTrollman at [unixtime wrote:1191678065[/unixtime]]
And for reasons that are bloody obvious, these goddesses get a lot more ink and screen time than the other members of their pantheons. I mean shit, can anybody remember a single thing that Thoth has done in the Forgotten Realms other than "exist"?

Yeah, that's the thing that pisses me off to no end about FR. It seems like so much crap was put in there without any reason and doesn't mesh with the storyline... at all. There are just so many gods or goddesses that have played such a minor role that nobody even cares about them. Same with all those stupid fucking nature gods/goddesses. I wish they just condensed them into one god, or had it where you worshiped a pantheon of gods, like Eberron lets you do. Because I honestly don't even care what the difference between Meliekki and Silvanus is... they're like the same damn god.

The FR gods are so compartmentalized too. There's only a select few that actually have any kind of interesting history or who have actually done stuff. The rest are singleminded crap. I'm also surprised that they're supposedly getting rid of Cyric, I mean out of all the gods, Cyric probably did the most shit.