Post by fbmf »

Thanks.

Game On,
fbmf
Aktariel
Knight-Baron

Re: Frank & K Ruleset SRD

Post by Aktariel »

*waves hands in mystic passes* Live! Liiiive!

Fear me, for I am a... Thread Necromancer!

Fortunately, this one wasn't very dead.

At any rate, I posted here because I was wondering about Seeker of the Lost Wizard Traditions. Is it a joke? Is it not? What was its intent and purpose?

Any comments from the designers?

<something clever>
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

We have the PDF Surgo compiled now, v4. It's missing NPC classes and a few others but for the most part everything you'd want is there.

edit: wait what? why did I think Yahzi.... must have been something else...
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

What's missing, now? The only things that I can tell are missing (which I will add in to version 0.5) are the Elothar Warrior of Bladereach and the "High Adventure in X" sections. Anything else not there?
Aktariel
Knight-Baron

Post by Aktariel »

How about the Fire Mage, and Frank's Genie race/class?

Also, I like Cielingcats (?) Shadow Warrior, and Iameki's paladin.

In addition, there are a bunch of feats floating around here... some ok, some not.

What are the guidelines for inclusion?
<something clever>
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Fire Mage is in there...

Frank's Genie is not. Shadow Warrior is where? And the Kantian Paladin is already in for 0.5.

The guidelines is that it not has to suck hard or be too powerful. It should fit in with the rest of the tomes. Playtesting would be a good thing.
Dragon_Child
Apprentice

Post by Dragon_Child »

http://www.protectorates.net/drakonas/f ... r][br]It's back up, at a new website. Apologies for the huge downtime, I had problems with my domain and crap. The current webspace is being provided by Seraphna, a friend of mine.

I was originally going to host a bunch of other stuff, included similiar works, but frankly, I just don't have the time to write it all up at this point.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Awesome! I had tried to resurrect it all by archive.org, but it was missing too much.
Aktariel
Knight-Baron

Post by Aktariel »

Shadow Warrior is here.

It is indeed a creation of Cielingcat's. And is very nicely flavorful and tasty. Also relatively balanced.

When is v0.5 (and why not just, 1, 2, 3, etc?) coming?
Speaking of the PDF, what Font are you using? (And why? Not complaining, just curious.) Also, what program did you use to edit the LaTeX files?

Finally, does anyone know about the Seeker? Joke, or no?
<something clever>
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Frank's NPC classes. There was a mage one, I remember it (and the warrior) had some ability called "Me Too!" that gave them the stat benefits of the Wish Economy.
Jacob_Orlove
Knight

Post by Jacob_Orlove »

Seeker is a "joke", as you're getting to cast and use spells the way they functioned back in the earlier editions.

That said, like Elothar, the class is totally balanced and playable, so there's no reason to leave it out.
Absentminded_Wizard
Duke

Post by Absentminded_Wizard »

The links at the new website aren't working. I think you may have put some backslashes where you should have put forward slashes.
Doom314's satirical 4e power wrote:Complete AnnihilationWar-metawarrior 1

An awesome bolt of multicolored light fires from your eyes and strikes your foe, disintegrating him into a fine dust in a nonmagical way.

At-will: Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee Weapon ("sword", range 10/20)
Target: One Creature
Attack: Con vs AC
Hit: [W] + Con, and the target is slowed.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Surgo, isn't the marshal still lacking (BTW, anybody who knows why it was originally written with "ll", please explain)? Also, how did stuff go at WotC?
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Aktariel
Knight-Baron

Post by Aktariel »

Where is the marshal?
<something clever>
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
SunTzuWarmaster
Knight-Baron

Post by SunTzuWarmaster »

just for the record, some of the links are broken at the site, for instance:
http://www.protectorates.net/drakonas/f ... [br]should be
http://www.protectorates.net/drakonas/f ... [br]should be:
http://www.protectorates.net/drakonas/f ... [br]should be:
http://www.protectorates.net/drakonas/f ... [br]simple things, but just letting you know. Let me know if you want help patching that up ;)
Dragon_Child
Apprentice

Post by Dragon_Child »

I have absolutely no idea what's causing that. On the version of the document I have here, the links check out. I look at the website, the links check out. I visit those specific pages... it checks out, and they load. Any ideas as to what the problem is?
SunTzuWarmaster
Knight-Baron

Post by SunTzuWarmaster »

I suppose that you checked the obvious href command to make sure that the link in the html file is pointing to the correct file....

In Internet Explorer, it works just fine, but in Firefox all of my last '/' characters are '\' characters.

*shrug*, works in IE, so I'm cool or whatever...
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

I was away for a few days so I couldn't respond to questions to me about the pdf.

When is v0.5 (and why not just, 1, 2, 3, etc?) coming?

Whenever I get everything in (so Real Soon Now). And "why not"?
Surgo, isn't the marshal still lacking (BTW, anybody who knows why it was originally written with "ll", please explain)? Also, how did stuff go at WotC?

It's missing in 0.4 because I was dumb, it's in my sources for 0.5. Not sure what stuff you're referring to.
I have absolutely no idea what's causing that. On the version of the document I have here, the links check out. I look at the website, the links check out. I visit those specific pages... it checks out, and they load. Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Try removing all the non-URL-printable characters (those %5Cs), in both the links and the filenames.
Dragon_Child
Apprentice

Post by Dragon_Child »

There were none of those in the links or filenames. I retyped all of the links, and they're working fine for everyone I asked now, including those using FF.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

It works for me now. (I use FireFox)
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

I referred to your offer to compile WotC board material - sorry for being unclear.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

I just realized I forgot to answer this question:

Aktariel wrote:Speaking of the PDF, what Font are you using? (And why? Not complaining, just curious.) Also, what program did you use to edit the LaTeX files?

Font, font, let's see...on line 10 of entire.tex I see:
\usepackage{newcent} %font

So I guess we're using the "newcent" font. You'd have to ask Josh why he picked it; I didn't set the font.

As for which program I use to edit the LaTeX files, vi. Actually it's vim, a modern-day version of vi.

Bigode wrote:I referred to your offer to compile WotC board material - sorry for being unclear.

Well, nobody sent anything so there's nothing to really do there.
Aktariel
Knight-Baron

Post by Aktariel »

Vim? Hardcore. I usually use that for editing in command line, and not much else.

Props to you for all this excellent work.

I look forward to the 0.5 pdf.

Cheers,
Ak
<something clever>
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Did anyone find the other NPC classes? I've lost the saved pages but will probably find them before this month ends.
I hope.