4e, Not just your own enemy, also beside yourself :p

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

And Andy Collins?
Count Arioch wrote:I'm not sure how discussions on whether PR is a terrible person or not is on-topic.
Ant wrote:
Chamomile wrote:Ant, what do we do about Psychic Robot?
You do not seem to do anything.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Psychic Robot wrote:And Andy Collins?
Yeah, it's important to note that Mike Mearls was actually a pretty minor dude on 4e. He just happened to be big into personal aggrandizement on message boards. The 3 4e core books have different primary authors. They are written by:

James Wyatt - All Three
Andy Collins - Player's Handbook
Rob Heinsoo - Player's Handbook
Stephen Schubert - Monster Manual
Mike Mearls - Monster Manual

Seriously, James Wyatt is the primary author on every book of 4e. He's the source. He just barely talks on the internet, so he doesn't get as much chance to claim "credit" for his work.

-Username17
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Ok, I take that back. If a square isn't adjacent to itself, then you can't see yourself if you are in heavy fog, even though you can see people adjacent to you. This is plainly nuts.
I'm cool with "The fog was so thick I couldn't see my hand in front of my face" but the part where "but I could see my comrades on either side" is weird.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Bigode wrote:So you self-propel by kicking yourself? More cartoon stuff. :D
Made me laugh.
Screw Jump checks, I would so abuse this even if it hurt my PC.
Absentminded_Wizard
Duke

Post by Absentminded_Wizard »

Translation: Mearls wanted to up his geek cred by taking credit for his minor part in 4e (after all, he was brought in late in the design process, IIRC). When everybody figured out things like the fact that skill challenges didn't work, James Wyatt was happy to let him go up front and be the fall guy.
Doom314's satirical 4e power wrote:Complete AnnihilationWar-metawarrior 1

An awesome bolt of multicolored light fires from your eyes and strikes your foe, disintegrating him into a fine dust in a nonmagical way.

At-will: Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee Weapon ("sword", range 10/20)
Target: One Creature
Attack: Con vs AC
Hit: [W] + Con, and the target is slowed.