Websites that make you cheer, do a backflip, or both

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

I thought of Ender, and it gave me Don Quixote.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Josh_Kablack wrote:That's some overly-web obsessed deduction engine - it gets Vaarsuvius from Order of the Stick but fails massively at Doc Savage, John Browning and Amelia Earhart.
Since its learing from a bunch of internet geeks I'm not suprised.
Elennsar
Duke

Post by Elennsar »

In regards to the Civil War: Frank, you just found the quick way of saying what the group regularly says to the every-so-often Confederate loving asshats who try and ruin it.

:rofl: Amazing how many still try, though.
Trust in the Emperor, but always check your ammunition.
Neeeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeeek »

sigma999 wrote:
Bigode wrote:I pick Winston, and it gets me some Darcy from some "Pride and prejudice". Fail.
Odd, my sister was watching this just last night.
Screamed at me to get out when I cooed "Oh Mr. Darcy, you're so tall and bland and remind me of my father, I simply adore men with the personality of a doorknob."
Seriously, was Collins really that 'ridiculous'? I doubt it.
If you didn't understand why Darcy is awesome, you are the one who doesn't get it, not your sister.

Beyond that, in what context are you asking about Collins? He's basically as ridiculous in the books as he is in any movie I've seen. He was written to make fun of someone who was trying to dictate to the author.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Awesome. I thought of Stephen Fry, and it predicted correctly. But then again, just how many gay male English comedic actors over the age of 50 are there?

Yeah yeah, probably a whole bunch.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Shiritai wrote:
Judging__Eagle wrote:Google has failed me, partially.

On the other hand, I can't recally how it did so, or what I was looking for at the time.

http://en.akinator.com/

Think of a person, any person.

I'm gonna try running it with Frank in mind.
Damn that was eerie. I wasn't expecting it to correctly guess Rand al'Thor, of all (fictional) people.
I'm not surprised, it's based on popularity, and wheel of the endless cycle is pretty well known.

I mean, the first name I used was Paul Atredies, it got the result in 20 questions; while Beastur, the villan from My Pet Monster, was not achieved in 30 questions.

Of course, now Beastur will probably be included.

Hmm, I'm gonna try stuff from aeon flux, or the brother's grunt, or other short-lived and semi-obscure cartoons or comics.

Ok, so 20 questions for Aeon Flux gave me Lin Yueru (I have no idea who this is). in 30... Roberta from Black Lagoon. So, still wrong. Nevermind, it took 39 questions to get it right.

I think that "eventually" it will get the answer, as long as it was once entered into the database, and you keep answering questions.
Last edited by Judging__Eagle on Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

sigma999 wrote:I thought of Ender, and it gave me Don Quixote.
Odd. It got Ender when I did it the other day in 20 questions.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Hah, it had no idea who Dog Poop Girl was.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Talisman
Duke

Post by Talisman »

I have no idea who Dog Poop Girl is.

Not sure I want to, either.
MartinHarper wrote:Babies are difficult to acquire in comparison to other sources of nutrition.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

She was a Korean girl that was walking her dog on a subway. Someone filmed her dog taking a crap in the subway. Despite people p[ointing it out to her, and offering her napkins, she walked away leaving the crap on the subway car floor. She was famous within 15 minutes.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Neeeek wrote: If you didn't understand why Darcy is awesome, you are the one who doesn't get it, not your sister.

Beyond that, in what context are you asking about Collins? He's basically as ridiculous in the books as he is in any movie I've seen. He was written to make fun of someone who was trying to dictate to the author.
I am male, of course I don't "get it".
ubernoob wrote:
sigma999 wrote:I thought of Ender, and it gave me Don Quixote.
Odd. It got Ender when I did it the other day in 20 questions.
Each mistake it endures only makes it more accurate.
If anything, you followed those exact same questions but ended up with "Ender" because I or someone else had entered it before you! :thumb:
Count_Arioch_the_28th wrote:She was a Korean girl that was walking her dog on a subway. Someone filmed her dog taking a crap in the subway. Despite people p[ointing it out to her, and offering her napkins, she walked away leaving the crap on the subway car floor. She was famous within 15 minutes.
That's... nothing special. I'm actually a little pissed at that since shit such as this is a daily occurrence in America.
Last edited by JonSetanta on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Here's a site

http://www.wwwcomcom.com/gallery2.html

Welcome to my 3 AM waking nightmares.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Concept Arts

Basically a bunch of people who are much better t painting than I am put up pictures of their paintings.

-Username17
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

President Obama channels Frank about the stimulus bill.

-Crissa
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Grabowski just pointed me towards this open source SRPG design program:

http://www.wesnoth.org/

and the tutorials:

http://catb.org/~esr/wesnoth/campaign-design-howto.html
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/BuildingCampaignsTutorial

I haven't had time to play with it yet, but I'm doing a backflip inside just knowing it exists.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Relevant info concerning fantasy races or Pokemon in general.
I was reluctant to derail a thread about floating rock physics so it'll go here.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... lordAction
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

sigma999 wrote:Relevant info concerning fantasy races or Pokemon in general.
I was reluctant to derail a thread about floating rock physics so it'll go here.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... lordAction
Well real mammals can be stranger than most people think in terms of dimorphism
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Neeek wrote:If you didn't understand why Darcy is awesome, you are the one who doesn't get it, not your sister.
Darcy only wants you for your brain.

-Username17
Last edited by Username17 on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Speaking of which, about a month ago I think, someone linked a Pride & Prejudice RPG?

Not that one book, but a Regency Romance game. Stats were angst, hatred, and oldness or something...

Characters could fight duels, declare love and slowly go crazy...

does this ring a bell?
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

You are perhaps referring to Wuthering Heights Roleplay.

Seems like you could do something that was a bit more playable and less silly. My flat mate suggests using the Mordheim engine.

-Username17
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

zeruslord
Knight-Baron

Post by zeruslord »

I think the guest segment of that is better. The guy pretends that they can force people into a pay model now, rather than just getting marginalized out of existence by sites that stay ad-supported. The fact is that charging for newspapers and magazines never even covered printing costs, and there is no way subscribers will pay even half of costs, let alone total revenue.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

That *is* what I was looking for, and I wanted the silliness. I was looking to circulate it as a funny, not actually play it.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Possibly the Best Collage Tools Ever.

Think of the possibilities.

-Username17
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

FrankTrollman wrote:Possibly the Best Collage Tools Ever.

Think of the possibilities.

-Username17
That's pretty good. Pretty damned good.

Something that makes me really happy: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/

It's a good jumping off point to start making my own stuff for a game and then putting into my porfolio. Like, trying to write an adventure; or write up 40k stuff.

Yes, that's what you think it is. No, none of those clothes or weapon are normal for the game.
Last edited by Judging__Eagle on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.