The Gaming Den, Inc.

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

mean_liar
Duke

Post by mean_liar »

Josh_Kablack wrote:Art is cheap.

Just go hang around a comic shop or art school and you'll find suckers who will work for lunch or "exposure". You could probably find similar deals on deviant art or even *shudder* facebook if you're persistent about it.
I know of at least one indy RPG that solely used donated deviantART work from artists seeking exposure. It was decent art, too.
echoVanguard
Knight-Baron

Post by echoVanguard »

fectin wrote:Take all advice with a shaker of salt.
fixed.

echo
Neurosis
Duke

Post by Neurosis »

Kind of like how solving the Lament Configuration can be an enlightening experience.
Well put, AND good reference. I've designed numerous complete RPGs. I don't intend to subject any of them to the den's evisceration any time soon.
For a minute, I used to be "a guy" in the TTRPG "industry". Now I'm just a nobody. For the most part, it's a relief.
Trank Frollman wrote:One of the reasons we can say insightful things about stuff is that we don't have to pretend to be nice to people. By embracing active aggression, we eliminate much of the passive aggression that so paralyzes things on other gaming forums.
hogarth wrote:As the good book saith, let he who is without boners cast the first stone.
TiaC wrote:I'm not quite sure why this is an argument. (Except that Kaelik is in it, that's a good reason.)
Almaz
Knight

Post by Almaz »

Schwarzkopf wrote:
Kind of like how solving the Lament Configuration can be an enlightening experience.
Well put, AND good reference. I've designed numerous complete RPGs. I don't intend to subject any of them to the den's evisceration any time soon.
I'm a masochist, so I'd probably do it, but I'd probably get good and ready and warmed up with someone else and then back out for aftercare with someone who gives a damn.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

If anyone's curious, we're still working on the system. The tactical combat (i.e. usually the most important thing in the game) proved to be broken after thorough playtesting, and we ultimately had to go back to the drawing board completely with it, so that's slowed us down a bit.
Josh_Kablack
King

This is way too easy:

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Schwarzkopf wrote:

This game is so bad, the designer asks us to trust him that it's complete. I'm not even making that up, you can't see the rules; at all. It's an intentional blind, in the belief that this somehow enhances the gameplay - that seems an awful lot like a cop-out cover story for magic-tea party, and we'll if you're reading this, you're not six years old anymore.
[/eviscerate]

:tongue:
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."