abortion

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

sabs wrote:I heard some Republican bobble head talk about how under Obama the price of gas had doubled from 1.68 a gallon to 3.30 a gallon.

And my first thought was, "wait, when has it been under 2.00 in the last 6 years" and my second thought, "What about when it went up to over 4 under Bush."
It's a crappy argument. First we need to point out that gas prices are based on oil prices.. I've been plotting New York prices since 2002. Now gas prices did spike before the recession in 2008, but we were well over $4 at the start of 2008. It then slammed down to under $2.00 by the time the president took over.

(You know the laws of supply and demand right? So barring the greatest discovery that never was a drop of price means that there was a massive drop in demand. That's never a good thing. Recessions suck more than lower prices rock.)

Now the bottom hit right around when Obama took office. In New York it then went up to around $3.00 and hovered that way for over a year, spiked up to over $4.00 in May of last year and then went back down to $3.50 by the end of the year.

Never the less, if you take the progression from 2002 to before the spike before the recession prices should be about $4.50 now and that's about $1 more than it is. Again this is a sign of a global decrease in demand.

It's the PIGS man, it's the PIGS.

Of course this has nothing to do with Abortion but if I don't give Obama credit where it is due, I'll hate myself in the morning.
ishy
Duke

Post by ishy »

Mweh, gasoline is about 8,25 dollars a gallon over here.
Gary Gygax wrote:The player’s path to role-playing mastery begins with a thorough understanding of the rules of the game
Bigode wrote:I wouldn't normally make that blanket of a suggestion, but you seem to deserve it: scroll through the entire forum, read anything that looks interesting in term of design experience, then come back.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Show of hands...clicking on the links in the OP's sig...who thinks there might be an outside chance this is a spambot that has gone unrecognized?

Game On,
fbmf
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I'd have to say it seems like a bot, yeah. Looked like a regular troll, but probably a bot. And it's that hard to tell the difference.

Clever girl...
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

fbmf wrote:Show of hands...clicking on the links in the OP's sig...who thinks there might be an outside chance this is a spambot that has gone unrecognized?

Game On,
fbmf
How funny. I never noticed the sig. I figured with the one post on a controversial topic and not ever coming back, it was just a troll.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

They are getting more clever. This one went out and ranted about a controversial topic. Then they edited in some links the next day. I'm impressed.

-Username17
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Post by Pseudo Stupidity »

That's pretty damn smart. It managed to register on the board in spite of the reg code, made a coherent post and then managed to create a sig after waiting a day? Robot overlords here we come!
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:I'm not a dick, I'm really nice.
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Well, it's not a sig; it just looks like one. It's actually part of the post. Like Frank said, it was an edit one day later.

Edit: I googled one sentence of the OP in quotes and got a whole bunch of hits all over the place.
Last edited by RobbyPants on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

[TGFBS]
I'm shutting this one down. The OP has been banned.
[/TGFBS]