Bill Gates is a Bastard

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

You must be a rapacious capitalist.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

The thing where Africans have to run back and forth to get their supplies before treatment is tremendously bullshit. It slows down care, it extracts money from the sick and injured who can least afford it, and it forces people to postpone care and terminate care in the middle of treatments - which increases total costs and worsens outcomes.

But this happens because the contracts infrastructure doesn't work. People don't have verifiable names, addresses, or bank accounts. So people can't be "billed later", it's all cash up front. And that system is going to necessarily be in place in every instance where the subsidy is less than 100% of the cost of the care.

In places like Ghana, and even more so in really messed up places like South Sudan, there are only two choices: Free Care and Cash Up Front Care. The Free Care is more efficient, but the subsidies required to make that work are larger than the governments think they can afford. So you have occasional charity organizations like MSF that provide better care than what the "regular" medical system is capable of. But those aren't big enough to provide all the care for all the people.

-Username17
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

...You Lost Me wrote:You must be a rapacious capitalist.
The kind that works for a state university.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

People working for state universities can be rapacious capitalists:
http://communication.ucsd.edu/dl/

Anyway, here's part II:
http://blogs.edweek.org/teachers/living ... catio.html
Chaosium rules are made of unicorn pubic hair and cancer. --AncientH
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Fuck off with the pony murder shit. --Grek