What is wrong with LARPing?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

You and your daughter are both amazing and I wish the world had more families like you. It really makes me happy to know that somewhere there's a guy making his daughter extremely happy by way of LARPing.
RadiantPhoenix
Prince

Post by RadiantPhoenix »

JigokuBosatsu wrote:And it was a rousing success. I think LARPs are missing out on a huge demographic- little girls.
I don't think it's just the girls.

Allegedly young boys ad-hoc some LARPs called, "Cops and Robbers," and, "Cowboys and Indians," with some frequency.
codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

JigokuBosatsu wrote:Major necro, but shit has been busy in Casa Gulbranson. So this happened:

[...]
That's friggin adorable.

Oh! And...uh... awesome, too. :p
Last edited by codeGlaze on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
JigokuBosatsu
Prince

Post by JigokuBosatsu »

RadiantPhoenix wrote:
JigokuBosatsu wrote:And it was a rousing success. I think LARPs are missing out on a huge demographic- little girls.
I don't think it's just the girls.

Allegedly young boys ad-hoc some LARPs called, "Cops and Robbers," and, "Cowboys and Indians," with some frequency.
She has asked me on one occasion to have a "magic tea party". I guess I need to get pictures of this event when it happens again.
Omegonthesane wrote:a glass armonica which causes a target city to have horrific nightmares that prevent sleep
JigokuBosatsu wrote:so a regular glass armonica?
You can buy my books, yes you can. Out of print and retired, sorry.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

JigokuBosatsu wrote:Major necro, but shit has been busy in Casa Gulbranson. So this happened:

<pic>

And it was a rousing success.
High five! I just got my four-year-old daughter into D&D on Sunday! Makes you proud, doesn't it?
Last edited by RobbyPants on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.