Let's Play Fighting Fantasy #2: The Citadel of Chaos

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

What should our name be?

Dirk Von Eldritcock
7%
Dirk Dicklong, Blademage
7%
Dirk O'Killitwithfire
33%
Manstaff Cockbeard
47%
Other (please specify)
7%

Total votes: 15

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

They are taken aback by your audacity. Rather than waiting for them to talk, you act aggressively and demand to know how to get into the Citadel. They point to the main entrance, obviously a little bewildered by your confident manner, and whisper among themselves. The Orc tells you that you will need the password, "Scimitar," to get in. You ask about the vial of liquid within the box. whereupon they get agitated. Will you press them for more information about the vial, leave them and head for the two men you saw earlier, or press on towards the Black Tower?
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

There could be something delicious in the vial!
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

Demand they give up their potion of misfortune.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Press them for information!
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

The creatures become suspicious as you press them for information. The Dwarf springs to his feet brandishing a wooden club, while the Goblin and the Orc grab swords and glare at you. The Goblin's mistress shrieks and steps back several paces as the others advance towards you. You will have to fight them. You may use a Magic Spell:

Levitation Spell
Illusion Spell

Or you may draw your sword and fight.
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Whatever
Prince

Post by Whatever »

Fight. We'll need our spells for super bullshit encounters later on.
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

Ah, I hoped we would be able to murder everyone here.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

(Then let's do so!)
You draw your sword just in time, as the Dwarf is almost upon you. Fight each in turn:

DWARF SKILL 5 STAMINA 6
GOBLIN SKILL 6 STAMINA 4
ORC SKILL 5 STAMINA 7

Combat Log:
Dwarf 10, You 23. Dwarf is at 4.
Dwarf 12, You 20. Dwarf is at 2.
Dwarf 17, You 22. Dwarf is dead.
Goblin 15, You 20. Goblin is at 2.
Goblin 9, You 17. Goblin is dead.
Orc 12, You 17. Orc is at 5.
Orc 13, You 22. Orc is at 3.
Orc 9, You 22. Orc is at 1.
Orc 11, You 19. Orc is dead.
(No wonder they were so scared of us just sitting down. They're wimps!)

Afraid that the commotion may have attracted attention, you peer out into the darkness. Nothing seems to be happening. Going through the pockets of the creatures you find 8 Gold Pieces, a copper-colored key, and a jar of a dark, creamy ointment. You may take any two of these with you. (Why not all three? Giant Frog. I vote we take the key and the ointment, unless anyone objects.) Turning to the vial of liquid, you can make out an inscription on the lid, written in runes. Your heart leaps as you realize that this is a Potion of Magik and is very rare. Within the vial is enough liquid for two doses, and each has the effect of raising your MAGIC score by 1 point, allowing you the energy to use one extra spell. You may take this Potion with you to use after using any Spell. When you drink the potion, you need not cross that Spell off your list. Remember this Potion will only work twice. Now you carry on, either towards the Citadel or over to the two men talking by torchlight.

Adventure Sheet:
Manstaff Cockbeard
Skill: 12/12
Stamina: 18/18
Luck: 8/8
Magic: 13/13
Equipment: Sword, Leather Armor
Backpack: Weeds, Ointment (possibly)
Keys: Copper Key (possibly)
Gold Pieces: 8 (possibly)
Potions: Potion of Magik (restores a used spell, 2/2 doses left)
Spells: Fire x 3, Levitation x 3, Creature Copy x 1, E.S.P. x1, Fool's Gold x 1, Illusion x 1, Shielding x 1, Strength x 1, Weakness x 1
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

That's a pretty sweet haul. I think we should head over to those two dudes and murder them as well.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yep, people still around to murder, so let's do that.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

The two men are dirty and unkempt. As you approach you can hear them arguing loudly about the price of a dagger. The taller of the two is obviously trying to sell the dagger to the other. He argues that the dagger is enchanted and worth more than the other is willing to pay for it. As you come closer, he grabs you by the arm and asks you for your opinion on the price of the weapon. What will you say:

5 Gold Pieces?
8 Gold Pieces?
10 Gold Pieces?
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

The Cockbeard taketh the middle route on pricing. 8 gold
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Let's undercut. Five gold.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I say 10. Maybe the little guy will refuse to buy it and then we can have it.

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

5, there is a chance the tall guy will get mad and we kill him.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

(This was a close one. But there are two votes for 5 Gold to one each for 8 and 10. We go with 5.)

The tall man is outraged by your price, but the other agrees. The argument becomes more intense and the taller man draws his sword. The shorter man does likewise and. as you are threatened, so do you. It is you and the shorter man against the tall man. You must resolve this battle. Before starting each Attack Round, roll one die. If the number is odd, the tall man will attack the shorter man first and you personally may ignore that Attack Round (although you must still roll for the short man. If the number is even, the tall man goes for you (and the shorter man can ignore that Attack Round.) If the shorter man dies during the battle, the taller man will finish the battle with you.

TALL MAN SKILL 8 STAMINA 8
SHORT MAN SKILL 7 STAMINA 6

Combat Log:
4, even. Tall man attacks us. Tall man 13, You 19. Tall man is at 6.
3, odd. Tall man attacks short man. Tall 16, short 13. Short is at 4.
1, odd. Tall attacks short. Tall 12, short 19. Tall is at 4.
6, even. Tall attacks us. Tall 16, you 19. Tall is at 2.
1, odd. Tall attacks short. Tall 13, short 11. Short is at 2.
4, even. Tall attacks us. Tall 15, You 21. The tall man is dead.
(The short man is still alive. Barely.)

You both go through the tall man's pockets. You find 20 Gold Pieces, which you split equally, and you toss up for the dagger; heads you get it, tails he does (toss a coin for this; heads, we win.)

The dagger is indeed a work of art and was undoubtedly worth a fair price. The blade is made of shiny metal and the hilt is a peculiar green leather, with inlaid stones. You read an inscription which tells you that it is an enchanted throwing dagger which never misses. In a future combat you may use this dagger to throw at an opponent. It will automatically inflict 2 STAMINA points of damage without the need to roll for Attack Strength. But you may only use it once. You put the dagger in your belt and set off towards the Citadel.
You set off towards the Citadel. Although the night is calm, you hear a faint whistling, which rapidly grows louder and louder, until a strong gust of wind suddenly hits you with such force that you can barely move against it. You shield your eyes until the blast retreats slightly and, as you open them, you see a ghostly female face inside what appears to be a living Whirlwind. She mouths words at you which you cannot make out, but some seconds after she has finished talking, the message reaches you. She seems to find your appearance offensive and is challenging you with words of abuse. You grab at your sword, but she laughs. Will you ignore her and continue, talk to her, or use your magic to see her off?

Adventure Sheet:
Manstaff Cockbeard
Luck: 8/8
Equipment: Sword, Leather Armor, Enchanted Throwing Dagger (can be used once to automatically deal 2 damage to an opponent)
Backpack: Weeds, Ointment
Keys: Copper Key
Gold Pieces: 10
Spells: Fire x 3, Levitation x 3, Creature Copy x 1, E.S.P. x1, Fool's Gold x 1, Illusion x 1, Shielding x 1, Strength x 1, Weakness x 1
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Talk to her. Maybe she will scoff at you during sex!

-Username17
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Let's talk to the quite possibly homicidal wind-lady.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

She begins to torment you, blowing you off your feet every time you rise. Test your Luck. (1, 4=5, Lucky.)

(Damnit Frank, now that all sounds like she's giving us awsome oral but denying us orgasm!)

You try a simple ploy to get rid of her, hoping that she is not too intelligent. Looking into the shadows, you claim to see another similar creature. She claims you are mistaken, but you are convincing. She nips off to investigate, allowing you to rush into the Citadel entrance.

In front of you is a large wooden door, firmly locked. You may either knock three times for the guard or you may use a Strength Spell to try to open it.

Adventure Sheet:
Manstaff Cockbeard
Luck: 7/8
Equipment: Sword, Leather Armor, Enchanted Throwing Dagger (can be used once to automatically deal 2 damage to an opponent)
Backpack: Weeds, Ointment
Keys: Copper Key
Gold Pieces: 10
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

In future campaigns, all air elementals will verbally abuse and then go down on the players.

Also, that is perhaps the stupidest bluff I've ever heard.

But back to the game, lets knock. I think we have the password (scimitar?).
Last edited by Dr_Noface on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

We knock three times.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Manstaff knocks thrice
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

(Manstaff: Look, a distraction!)
The door opens and a large, brutish creature steps out. It has a sharp horn in the middle of its forehead and its skin appears to be armor-plated. It grunts to ask you what you want and demands the password before letting you in. Do you know the password? (Yes. It is Scimitar.)

The creature grunts and opens the door to let you in.

(Thanks, Rocksteady!)

You are in a narrow hallway. This continues for several meters and ends in a doorway. Halfway along the passage you can see an archway where some steps lead downwards. Will you go forwards to the door, or creep down the steps?
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Manstaff creeps down the steps, because creeping tends to give us things to later come back to do the "move in a straight line" part better.
Last edited by OgreBattle on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

Creep creep