Quotes 2014

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Nachtigallerator wrote:In case you ever wondered what pharmacology lectures were all about in Cologne: Optimal use of illegal drugs is one subject.
Do they have openings? :D
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
erik
King

Post by erik »

"If people are shooting you, then don't you need to kill them first before you open the door?'

While fixing my lunch to bring to work I overheard my wife offering helpful instruction to our 5 year old who was playing lego star wars on my phone.
Laertes
Duke

Post by Laertes »

Overheard during a tour of the First World War battlefields:

"What will happen if there's ever a second world war?"
erik
King

Post by erik »

oh god, quotes from the lunchroom today. Background: I have a coworker who lives out in the country on a heap of acreage. Not to stereotype country folk, but she says "It's not just me, everyone out there is like this"

on to a fraction of the messed up shit she said today

on fireworks:
"I told my neighbors if they ever burned down my home I'd take their first born."
(pause- people laugh nervously)
"And I'm not kidding."
(quiet pause for a few seconds after)
erik: "Yeah, she's already taken a couple so far."

on enforcement for trespassers since apparently out in the country strangers will sometimes park on the driveway to make a call (probably because they are lost and scared of the violent hillbillies), or they might have a picnic near a farm, or some bikers may bed down near a barn for the night.
"I don't mind if they are on the phone calling someone but they better tell me who they are when I come knocking on their window:
"I don't call the police around my home. I am the police"
"I'll shoot anyone in my yard. It's my god given right to shoot people."
"I have family down in Cumberland where we can bury the body."
"I didn't say we'd put the body in the ground. We'd feed it to the fish in the lake."

on animals:
"I started shooting birds when I was twelve."
"I love animals"
erik: "and birds not being animals..."
"well I select some birds to save"
"a lady was walking her dog and it pooped on my lawn so I drove up and slammed on the breaks in my truck next to her and warned her that she didn't know who lived here and she had best consider the repercussions of having her dog poop on someone else's lawn. I just don't want something to happen to your dog."
(note, she is like normally a big animal lover, when she isn't nearly running them over with a truck. she takes in dogs with medical problems and what not)
"I wouldn't actually have done anything to the dog, just the owner"
(yes, because it is much more acceptable to do violence upon humans)

on proper conduct on funeral processions
"I got in trouble with my husband because I was driving behind a funeral procession on the highway and was honking at them. I finally sped past them. My husband was upset and I was like 'oh you don't do that?'"
Husband was given additional grief since the cops in the procession recognized him/his car since her husband is also a police officer.
darkmaster
Knight-Baron

Post by darkmaster »

Well thank you Erik, for presenting the strongest case of carrying a handgun in your glove box I have ever seen.
Kaelik wrote:
darkmaster wrote:Tgdmb.moe, like the gaming den, but we all yell at eachother about wich lucky star character is the cutest.
Fuck you Haruhi is clearly the best moe anime, and we will argue about how Haruhi and Nagato are OP and um... that girl with blond hair? is for shitters.

If you like Lucky Star then I will explain in great detail why Lucky Star is the a shitty shitty anime for shitty shitty people, and how the characters have no interesting abilities at all, and everything is poorly designed especially the skill challenges.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

A handgun? The hicks will be coming at you with a shotgun or a rifle, and they'll be doing at a range at which handguns are ineffective. Handguns are a weapon for the city, where there are cops, and therefore probably unnecessary anyway. Get a rifle for your glovebox. And a bigger glovebox.
TiaC
Knight-Baron

Post by TiaC »

Just put a claymore inside each of your car's doors.
virgil wrote:Lovecraft didn't later add a love triangle between Dagon, Chtulhu, & the Colour-Out-of-Space; only to have it broken up through cyber-bullying by the King in Yellow.
FrankTrollman wrote:If your enemy is fucking Gravity, are you helping or hindering it by putting things on high shelves? I don't fucking know! That's not even a thing. Your enemy can't be Gravity, because that's stupid.
darkmaster
Knight-Baron

Post by darkmaster »

Kaelik wrote:
darkmaster wrote:Tgdmb.moe, like the gaming den, but we all yell at eachother about wich lucky star character is the cutest.
Fuck you Haruhi is clearly the best moe anime, and we will argue about how Haruhi and Nagato are OP and um... that girl with blond hair? is for shitters.

If you like Lucky Star then I will explain in great detail why Lucky Star is the a shitty shitty anime for shitty shitty people, and how the characters have no interesting abilities at all, and everything is poorly designed especially the skill challenges.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

From a SoH poll posted by CowgirlUnderGod:
Maj: Man... I really wish that I could find this clip on CNN's website. You'd think it would be easy since they did the interview. I didn't find it, but I did find this, which I thought was interesting: http://www.haaretz.com/weekend/weekend- ... e-1.449205

Ess: The video is strangely missing from the CNN website, but here's the transcript for you: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... nt.02.html

Maj: Thank you. I loathe secondary sources. If they can cite the original source (as opposed to the original citethesource), then I'll just go get it straight from the horse's mouth. :)

CowgirlUnderGod: HAHA! Y'all are so stupid. Just google "CNN Hamas founder son". Your minds will be blown. Also, maybe CNN doesn't like what he said? So because of that they are debating whether or not to post it.

CowgirlUnderGod: http://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas-defe ... h-worship/

CowgirlUnderGod: http://m.nationalreview.com/corner/3839 ... ew-johnson

CowgirlUnderGod: Here's another link for you Maj, it looks like the one with the horses mouth is the one who can't back up his own bashings from the git-go. http://www.westernjournalism.com/son-ha ... istianity/

Ess: Note: Cowgirl has no clue what a primary source is or why it's important. Moving on...

FemmeAdamWest: Cowgirl, above you told someone they were stooping low by commenting that they didn't like your answer choices, but then you move on to comment "y'all are stupid" simply because they are trying to find an original source... Makes so much sense!

CowgirlUnderGod: I did not say that because they were trying to find an original source, I gave them tons of sources. It was because one of them referred me to a horses mouth. Who's the immature one here? The person who started name calling.
I can barely breathe. Every time I read this, I start dying of laughter all over again.
Last edited by Maj on Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

it'd be funny to me, if i did not think it to be as sad as it is . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
erik
King

Post by erik »

"It was as big as 9 uteruses."

My sister-in-law, describing the recently removed cyst of another relation, using a heretofore novel unit of measurement, at least to myself.

Summer vacation with the in-laws is over and back to work tomorrow where I'll be up to my elbows in eyeballs.