Alchemy Skill?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

erik
King

Post by erik »

Aw. If everything creative got moved over there then there would be nothing here but OSSRs and threadcrapping by a menagerie of posters on ignore.
TarkisFlux
Duke

Post by TarkisFlux »

This is still solution discussion, which is fine here. An actual properly written up solution (expanded skill uses, that feat being fixed, etc.) should go in IMOI though.
The wiki you should be linking to when you need a wiki link - http://www.dnd-wiki.org

Fectin: "Ant, what is best in life?"
Ant: "Ethically, a task well-completed for the good of the colony. Experientially, endorphins."
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

Rules question: Does the Alchemy skill as it is written now allow people to make acid flasks? Because, if that is the case, then the feat could totally allow flasks of fireball and other such hilarity.
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

Yes. That's one of the few things it actually does do.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

Thank you Grek.
So I'm thinking that the Alchemist Feat (thats a good enough name, right?) could grant spells at 14 ranks that can be thrown and applied to enemies (or friends if you are a jerk). Though, I think it might be taking it in a different direction from what the rest of you were planning for this to do.

For example
Rank 14: You are now able to make explody poison. Hurrah! You can craft potions that contain spells from the following list: (Some evocation or enchantment or something). The spells activate by contact with the potion.
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

AndreiChekov wrote:Rules question: Does the Alchemy skill as it is written now allow people to make acid flasks? Because, if that is the case, then the feat could totally allow flasks of fireball and other such hilarity.
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

Chamomile wrote:
AndreiChekov wrote:Rules question: Does the Alchemy skill as it is written now allow people to make acid flasks? Because, if that is the case, then the feat could totally allow flasks of fireball and other such hilarity.
yes
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x