[Dom3] Learning Game

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Sorry?
You did nothing wrong, I only wanted everyone to know we are back to quickhosting.
In case anyone missed it.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

K->

Regarding the question on Province 84, it was mine originally. I got the Barbarian event, and I just took the province back this turn. I can provide screen shots pre-Turn 44 if you need them. I kinda understand though - I've seen you deal with a ton of Barbarian events recently just along our common border.

FYI as well, I'm plopping down a Temple there to fight off the Misfortune domain. My Domain is mainly positive anyway (No negatives except 1 Cold) so even if it seeps into your provinces it should actually help with all the revolting barbarians.
Last edited by Zinegata on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
K
King

Post by K »

Zinegata wrote:K->

Regarding the question on Province 84, it was mine originally. I got the Barbarian event, and I just took the province back this turn. I can provide screen shots pre-Turn 44 if you need them. I kinda understand though - I've seen you deal with a ton of Barbarian events recently just along our common border.
Yeh, the price of doing Misfortune on a giant empire is that you get a lot of Knights, Barbarians, and the like. (On that note, another of my provinces went indie on our border and I'll be taking that back. I really hate the "the province fucking hates your guts and goes indie without an attack" event.)

On the bright side, the expectation of constant attack also means you tend to have armies stationed everywhere as Oceania is finding out. Apparently, he needs to get rid of troops because they've been dying in large numbers on the land and still he keeps attacking.

I kind of feel bad about it. Some of them have three stars of experience and that means a lot to units with already high stats like the amphibious cav with high Def that he's been sending in.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

On another note, one of those raiding parties got stomped by an Queen of Air.
With C'ties Gift of Health online, I strongly suspect Tartarians are being produced.

As for why I'm raiding? Because otherwise I am the one, who is raided...
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

I remain Switzerland. Switzerland with enough lightning bolt spam to turn night into day.

And that's just our official TO&E :)
Last edited by Zinegata on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
K
King

Post by K »

Korwin wrote: As for why I'm raiding? Because otherwise I am the one, who is raided...
The question is "why are you continuing unsuccessful raids? Your losses have been terrible and you haven't brought any new tactics to the table.

Right now, you're just giving me a reason to send a real force after you. Stealing my sea provinces was provocation enough for some light raiding, but sending a constant stream of attackers after me on all fronts is annoying enough to make me bring out the big guns and root you out.
Last edited by K on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Can we take pictures while the big war happens? For future gaming reference?
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

K wrote:
Korwin wrote: As for why I'm raiding? Because otherwise I am the one, who is raided...
The question is "why are you continuing unsuccessful raids? Your losses have been terrible and you haven't brought any new tactics to the table.
Not shure about that, shure I lost troops ie. gold and time (low gold cost, relativly high resource cost).
You spent gems for assasination spells.
Right now, you're just giving me a reason to send a real force after you.
Well, sooner or later you will send a real force after someone, to win the game... but since nobody else wants to fight you... see below...
Stealing my sea provinces was provocation enough for some light raiding,
which is the reason for my counter raiding.
but sending a constant stream of attackers after me on all fronts is annoying enough to make me bring out the big guns and root you out.
continuation from above:
...how about we agree to an cease fire? you dont go below the waters, I give back your land provinces/stop raiding them?
While I did the raiding in some part to weaken your income (gold and gems), mostly its to keep you occupied retaking your land provinces.

@Zinegata
Your lightning will not help you against an lightning immune SC...
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

We'll take our chances with the lightning immunes when they actually come. :)
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Finished turn, but I'll wait in case K takes the cease fire offer. Need to change my orders in that case...
K, if you dont want to take it, a short no is all I need and I wont keep us waiting and I send the turn to llama.

--
Oceania
K
King

Post by K »

Korwin wrote:Finished turn, but I'll wait in case K takes the cease fire offer. Need to change my orders in that case...
K, if you dont want to take it, a short no is all I need and I wont keep us waiting and I send the turn to llama.

--
Oceania
Let's give it a few turns before any decisions. I want to test some of my new toys.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

Eriu will be dissolving it's NAP with Ermor. It is currently turn 49.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

Aww:(
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Vanheim would just like to remind Ermor that while we have had trade relations, we never actually had a NAP.

And while I realize that attacking the nation that provided us with a ton of Skull Mentors may seem "ungrateful", I will point out that particular transaction was a trade - with Vanheim paying a considerable amount of gems - and not a gift.

Sorry dude. We kinda had to do it to prepare for the inevitable C'Tisian or Oceanan juggernaut that will come after Vanheim or Eiru sooner or later.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

That's true, on both counts.

Unfortunately, it pretty well puts Vanheim out. You didn't bring enough to actually hold those provinces, and you're letting Eriu take enough to become a third power. You've gone from irritating C'tis, to playing second fiddle to Eriu.

Previously, you weren't in a good place, but this makes it worse not better.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

That assumes Eiru will break their word on this joint venture ;).

If they don't, oh well. At least I *finally* got to fight a multiplayer war of my own making that wasn't just about shuffling ground troops.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

I actually assumed Eriu would keep their word, at least for long enough that it would be a separate action. If they don't you're even more hosed.
K
King

Post by K »

Since this is learning game, I thought I'd offer a protip:

I became a major Air power by buying the merc Obscuro on turn 4 and on. Site searching with him got me an Air mage site and my biggest income of one gem type.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Yeah, I actually kinda noticed with the Gale Gate opening and all, plus other things that I've seen C'Tis recruiting. :)

And while a Vanheim-Eiru war would just end up looking very silly (with both sides shooting lightning at lightning immunes), we know that we're kinda screwed with C'Tis even before we talk in terms of simple body count. Hence this practice war of sorts so that we can get something out of the game other than shuffling basic troops around.
Last edited by Zinegata on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

I don't think there is any risk of Eriu becoming a super-power. I might entertain the conceit of giving the eventual winner some trouble, but my only real chance of victory is for the real superpowers to throw the game some how.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

The Sceptre of Dark Regency, The Aegis, The Armor of Virtue, The Gatestone, The Boots of Anteus, the Green Eye and Amon Hotep are now available to be re-forged.

I would have prefered to have captured some of them, but I felt like taking a cheap shot. Less an excercise in combinatorics and more a pragmatic response to having to script all my researchers.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Need to ask for a one-time extension. Have a dinner to attend and probably can't get the turn done in time.

Who's admin now?
Last edited by Zinegata on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Me, I think. I got your PM.
Hosting postponed for EduTGD4 by 24 hours. The game will now host at 13:08 GMT on Wednesday March 28th.
Please note that this information will not be updated on the game status page for a few minutes.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Thanks!
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Ergh, Av, it seems the page totally did not update. It's still clocking Mar 27 as submission date >_>

Oh well. Maybe we'll all just stale :/
Last edited by Zinegata on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.