[3.Tomefinder] Beer & Pretzels PbP Recruiting

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

Lokathor wrote:Darkvision that ignores magical darkness and works out to unlimited range
???

It says on your character sheet that it goes out to 60'. It's one of the few things that I can read on it.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Grek wrote:
Lokathor wrote:Darkvision that ignores magical darkness and works out to unlimited range
???

It says on your character sheet that it goes out to 60'. It's one of the few things that I can read on it.
It also says on the very next line, Devil Sight (Su). Which is the devil special ability to see perfectly in any light level, even magical darkness, with no range limit. So if there's an AMF I get the Ex darkvision with the normal limits (60ft, black and white) and if there's no AMF then I get color and stuff out to any range.

What else on my sheet isn't clear?
Last edited by Lokathor on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
[*]The Ends Of The Matrix: Github and Rendered
[*]After Sundown: Github and Rendered
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

What class are you? What race are you? What kind of spells are those? What does it mean when a skill is blue? When it's the other shade of blue? When it's crossed out? Both? What are your skill ranks? What armour do you have? What inventory, even? What's an Earthbreaker? What does "Dispel Thing" do? What's the range on that Greatbow? What are the bonus types to your AC? Hell, what are the bonus types to your anything? What size are you? Are any of your weapons enchanted? If so, what with? What's your BaB? How many times per day can you use those spells?
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Aasimar true fiend if I had to guess based off the Light ability and See in Darkness. No idea for the rest.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Are you viewing it on your phone or something? Because there's like 7 tabs along the bottom that explain every single question you asked:

[*]class: Sorcerer with the Infernal Path
[*]race: Aasimar
[*]what kind of spells: sorc spells
[*]skill stuff: just a personal reminder, lighter blue skills have ranks but not max ranks, darker blue skills have maxed out ranks. Concentration effectively has maxed our ranks because it's based on CL in Pathfinder, so it's also dark blue. crossed out skills are all the skills you can't use untrained, that much should be obvious without looking anywhere else.
[*]armor: mithril chainshirt
[*]inventory: complete inventory including a breakdown of purchases, weights, item locations, AC bonuses, and effects of encumberance
[*]Earthbreaker: It's basically an oversized maul thing that was in the PFSRD. It's like a warhammer, but the two-handed version. Mine is made of adamantine and I mostly use it to smash stuff like you'd expect a person to use a sledgehammer to smash stuff. Less for fighting, more for just breaking through doors and shit. It has the "Dispeling" rider effect described in Red Rob's magic weapons section of his items rewrite.
[*]greatbow: Honestly? No idea, ask ubernoob. Probably between 100ft and 120ft, if I had to make a guess.
[*]AC: full breakdown is on the equipment page
[*]other bonuses: skills page has one breakdown, all other bonuses (eg: saves) are the normal totals you'd expect for my class level and stats.
[*]size: I'm a medium creature
[*]weapons: Yep, Dispelling Adamantine Earthbreaker and a Wand of Force (which currently only does Magic Missile at will, but gets another power at CL 5).
[*]BAB: 1, but that should be obvious since i'm listing my base melee as 5 and i've got 4 from strength.
[*]spells per day: slots are along the left side, "0th" and "1st". I've got 7 first level slots per day. Normally I'd have 6 0th spells per day, but I recently found out that Pathfinder allows unlimited 0th level spells per day so whee.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Aasimar Tome Sorcerer, no clue on the skills, look at the skills sheet for skill ranks, mithral shirt, look at the equipment sheet, earthbreaker is "Basically a huge maul / hammer thing," Dispel Thing refers to the Dispel minor weapon quality, the range is (not likely to matter, and easily referenced in a book), armour is +5 from mithral shirt, +4 from dex, +2 dodge from Elusive Target, Bab is +1, medium size, 6 0-level slots, 5 1st-level slots.

Seriously, poke around and deduce things.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

Woah, there's pages. I did not see those.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Last edited by ubernoob on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Exotic? Guess I'm stuck with the cmp longbow then.

edit: Oh wait, any weapon can be picked up by just using it for a level, there's no restriction on martial or exotic. So I'll have just done that already. My plan doesn't rely on being mounted, at level 5 I can pick up the feat for flying and be pretty fine like that if I need to. Or just use the wand while mounted.
Last edited by Lokathor on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'm really not concerned about the sorcerer being able to ping for 1d10. Hell, we've got a guy swinging around large swords, my character is shooting off 3 1d6+1 magic missiles at will, and over all, it's Tome. Sorcerer with a greatbow isn't a big deal
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

The main ability of the bow is that you can potentially hit someone for damage from like 600ft away or some other absolutely stupid distance like that. Which is totally sweet at night, when they can probably only see 60ft away and I can still see them (or they could see 80ft if they have Low-light and a torch/Light/Continual Flame, potentially as much as 120ft if they have Daylight and low-light).

Other than that, yes, the magic missile wand is probably more average damage per action. I've only got 2x 1d4+1 missiles though at my caster level.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

That's actually not even the wand, that's warmage+Pathfinder cantrips+traits that raise CL of one spell by two.

But, it sounds like we'll be in a dungeon, so comparative ranges aren't likely to come up a lot.
Last edited by Prak on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

I keep forgetting about cantrips >_>
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

Even if we are in a dungeon for most of the campaign, rad should still draw the maps nice and big. Pankas's one major claim to fame is a 68 MPH running speed.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So clearly, Rad, this dungeoncrawl needs lots of absurdly long hallways and wide open spaces so that Lokathor can noscope guys with his gigantic bow in the dark and Grek can play the Flash.

Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

I seem to recall that we were going to be in the dungeon for just a while, and then after we'd go to other places and do other things. I mean we could just be in one megadungeon forever, but I'd pick a rather different character probably if that were the case. My current sorcerer setup isn't especially dungeon-only oriented.

And my bow is just a masterwork thing that I might as well have because it lets me leverage my cool sorcerer power a little better. It's not a big investment lost if we never get a good chance to use it (400gp).

The Adamantine Earthbreaker of Dispelling, now that's a big dumb moneysink that probably won't pan out usefully...
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Nah, it's cool, I was just amused. Hell, Tek's got a Nodachi of Dispelling. Because cancelling magic but slicing it with a giant sword is cool.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Being able to see everything and having ridiculous range should be useful, but I don't want it to be an insta win. How do you guys feel about storming a castle (The castle used to belong to the local nobility until it was recently taken over by necromancers and droves of undead)?
Disclaimer: The map I draw will not necessarily look like this, but consider this an inspiration.
If I'm going isometric, I might as well take advantage of being able to see multiple altitudes at once.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Well I'm a little unsure about those "droves of undead" part. Undead are sadly immune to Color Spray. And Charm Person. And Diplomacy Checks. I suppose I could just Magic Missile from the back all day. Even hits Ghosts, so that's cool.
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

Sounds good to me.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Lokathor wrote:Well I'm a little unsure about those "droves of undead" part. Undead are sadly immune to Color Spray. And Charm Person. And Diplomacy Checks. I suppose I could just Magic Missile from the back all day. Even hits Ghosts, so that's cool.
They'll be accompanied by necromancers who aren't undead, so those will still be handy.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Spooky cliffside castle sounds good to me. Wahid is all about punching ghosts in the face.

EDIT: I switched out the Keen Sword for a Ghost Touch one and added some nonmagical gear to Wahid.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=833226
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Last edited by ubernoob on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

I'm still alive and down with starting by storming the castle.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

works for me.