[IC]Back to Basics

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Gilles follows Atani, in the previously established marching order if possible (with a skeleton in front and all). He'll try sending a skeleton (if authorized by Xaxus and the others) out in to peek over the corner, and if nothing happens to it he'll follow suit, scanning with his infravision and checking for traps/religion/etc. as normal.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Nothing happens to the skeleton, and turning the corner you see a short corridor ending in a door.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

First direct the Skeleton to open the door, if it is locked then bring the skeleton back. From around the corner use a ten foot pole to give the door a solid thump. If nothing happens then take the iron weight and heave it at the door and dive around the corner in the same motion. Have someone at the corner with a shield (my shield if Dorgan doesn't want to use his) to cover me for the split second there is until I leap to the side.

If the skeleton, the prod, or the weight gives us an entryway into the room then I will enter the room after the skeleton.
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Flintbeard will go with that plan and ready his shield. He will make stonework/history/trap/hidden passage/sense slopes checks afterwards on the corridor and doorway.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

(Dorgan has no shield, just two morningstars.)

Seeing the party ready to move on (OOC: Sorry guys, I was unavailable yesterday) , he asks: "Hey guys, did we ever check behind the two stone doors in the first room with the statue?"

He will go along with Atani's plan and make the same checks as Flintbeard, to double check.

(Standing rule: Whenever we enter a new area where we aren't immediately facing danger, Dorgan will spend a couple of rounds to do stonework trap and hidden passage checks.)
Ancient History
Serious Badass

As the skeleton steps in front of the door, it seems to sink down a fraction of an inch - and from above, the ceiling collapses, a liquid dropping from the hole all over it. The liquid hisses where it touches bone, which turns yellow and brittle, releasing clouds of greenish steam or smoke, and in moments the skeleton collapses, the bones dissolving in the pool of acid.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Flintbeard and Dorgan find no traps in the hallway, although they note that as in the vestibule, the old stonework has been covered by newer plaster, and seeing the skeleton dissolve they both determine this was a trap tied to a pressure-plate in the floor. It probably only had the one dose of acid.
Sam
Journeyman

Post by Sam »

Lucas stays at the back of the group, as far as possible from the skeletons. But when one dissolves in acid, he says, "I guess those things aren't so bad to have around. Is it safe now?"
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

(Is there any getting through to the door still?)
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

The acid appears to have fizzed itself out; you can step around the remaining puddle to access the door without difficulty.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Same procedure as before. Prod the door, throw the weight. If neither of those work then send the next skeleton to open it.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Flintbeard suggests another skeleton is sent to walk around the puddle and open the door. If that doesn't work we cannonball the door down.
Last edited by OgreBattle on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

(Skeleton or wrecking ball?)
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Skeleton, prod, wrecking ball.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

The skeleton goes up and tries the door. The door appears to be locked.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Wrecking ball
Ancient History
Serious Badass

After much bashing, the wooden door gives way. Through the wreckage, you can see the vestibule.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

"Hah!" Atani laughs. Then heads back to the last fork and heads northward. Marching order to deal with halls and doors and problems is still Skeleton first, then wrecking ball.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Smile on his face, Gilles follows Atani and his standard operating procedure.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Sam
Journeyman

Post by Sam »

"It's a good thing we didn't walk into that trap going the other way." Lucas says, with a shudder. He turns around to follow the others, still holding up his lantern to light their way.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Flintbeard waits for the skeleton to walk into the room first, and if nothing horrible happens, follows in after them, with axe and shield in hand and duckbunnybag at his waist.
Last edited by OgreBattle on Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

"Huh. Well. That takes care of that, then." Dorgan follows north.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

You follow the passageway north for about thirty feet; it ends and turns right. Turning the corner, you're at a t-junction - up ahead is another door, while another corridor leads off to the left (north).
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Use the corner as cover, test the floor towards the door by throwing the weight and dragging it back over it, tell the skeleton to beat down the door, if that doesn't work throw the weight at the door in the above prescribed method.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Flintbeard stays around the corner until the skeleton and wrecking ball test is passed, and will follow up with stonework/trap/history/tracking after the skeleton reaches the door.