[Dom3] Learning Game

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

I issued the command again, and it looked like the submission date changed to me. How does it look on your end now?
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Looks good now. Thanks!
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Uh, C'Tis, why is your Pretender suddenly in one of my provinces? We have a NAP, yes?

And since it is the ONLY attack I am assuming this is some mistake made while issuing orders. So how about you pull him back, and just pay us 300 or so gold in lost income?
Last edited by Zinegata on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K
King

Post by K »

Yeh, I'll send him home immediately and send gold.

Not even sure how I did that.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

No problem. Mistakes happen. Thank you!
Last edited by Zinegata on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

C'Tis just sent me 300 gold. Was that intentional, or should I forward the funds to someone else?
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Probably meant for me. Accidental attack on my province.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Also, more importantly, who just set off the first bloody sign of the Apocalypse and killed off like a quarter of the world population?

I know Ermor has S8, so can I have a show of hands to make sure it was them?
Last edited by Zinegata on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Wasnt me.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

I can't imagine a scenario where admitting it wasn't me would be advantageous.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
K
King

Post by K »

I suspect that Oceania has a Clam-based economy and they Empowerered up a guy to cast Wish.

Their huge lack of magic items or summons at this stage in the game means all those gems had to go somewhere.
Last edited by K on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Well yes, I am able to wish. But I have other things to wish for...
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

fectin wrote:I can't imagine a scenario where admitting it wasn't me would be advantageous.
If it's you then it will only encourage the rest of the world to have you killed, since wiping out massive population isn't good for everyone who isn't packing freespawn undead armies.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Okay, I'm guessing the end is truly nigh of there is gonna be an Armageddon every turn. Bye bye Land of Conan. At least we got to try out mass paradrops :)
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

Oh noes. My blood hunting...
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

I was thinking more along the lines of "how do we pay for the troops now"?
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Sadly C'ties has enough gem income to switch to an gem generated army.
A reason why it doesnt make sense for me to wish for Armageddon...
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

Zinegata wrote:
fectin wrote:I can't imagine a scenario where admitting it wasn't me would be advantageous.
If it's you then it will only encourage the rest of the world to have you killed, since wiping out massive population isn't good for everyone who isn't packing freespawn undead armies.
Right. But that's the status quo.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Korwin wrote:Sadly C'ties has enough gem income to switch to an gem generated army.
A reason why it doesnt make sense for me to wish for Armageddon...
Well, fortunately for Vanheim the majority of our current troop count consists of militia and flagellants anyway who randomly decided that I was their employer... so maybe running out of money will be good so that they'll stop asking for a handout.

Assuming any survive that is.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

If this turn could be extended for a few hours, that would be great. I may not make it back to my home computer in time to submit my turn.

nevermind
Last edited by Winnah on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Okay, we're totally screwed. A production of 100 Astral a turn? Yikes.

Must wonder about Oceana's Gift of Health though. Isn't it at least saving their troops and commanders from the constant doom?
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

Could we extend by 4 hours? I don't know that I have many turns left; I'd hate to stale one.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

Or not, I guess.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

PM Avo for an extension, he is still admin and I'm not shure if he follows the thread...
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

Will do, if there's a next time.