Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Giant land snails are illegal in the US. That makes sad...
Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Sun May 10, 2015 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:
They are illegal in the USA?

(checks net)

Holy shit they are illegal in the USA!

Like, I used to go hunt* those where I live along my grandmother when I was little, then boil them to eat with the family. Plenty of people sell them in street stalls when it's the right season. If I google their name in my language, the first pages are all about recipes with them or publicity about restaurants offering them. Pretty tasty.

We even dissected them once in biology class because the school budget was pretty tight.

I never heard of anyone keeping them as pets though. Although I'll admit I loved to look at how they climbed things and moved their horns/eyes.

*more like just looking for them in the near forest, not like they can exactly run away from you or fight back. Although if left in an open box they could spread around the house surprisingly fast when you weren't looking.
Last edited by maglag on Sun May 10, 2015 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

maglag wrote:
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:
They are illegal in the USA?

(checks net)

Holy shit they are illegal in the USA!
I can kind of understand. No natural predators, they can do a lot of damage, they are capable of asexual reproduction (closer to say they can self-fertilize as they have both sets of parts). They seem to be semi-common in Great Britain as pets, and you really have to clean up the eggs and smash/freeze them because they lay a lot of them.

Now I kind of want to eat one too...
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I take it that it would be too difficult to sterilize them without killing them?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

In general, invertebrate veterinary medicine isn't very well established. Not sure the specifics on Achatinidae medicine, but I'm guessing that no one really knows how to sterilize one, let alone how do it safely.
Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Mon May 11, 2015 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
zugschef
Knight-Baron

Post by zugschef »

Prak wrote:I take it that it would be too difficult to sterilize them without killing them?
You know, when women started taking the pill a lot of fish became sterile. Just sayin'...
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

i like the 2nd one.
it just isn't the joker without the facepaint damn it <.<
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

This one's the best:
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Half asleep upon my knee
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I like that the one thing WotC seems to have learned from the post 3rd era was that they needed better art. It's something at least.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

It needs some pretentious title, like "The Agony of Choice".
Half asleep upon my knee
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Someone posted it on tumblr, I liked their interpretation that the iconic antipaladin (visible behind the tree) had put up those signs himself.

Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

I didn't even notice the bugger until you mentioned it. Either I have bad eyes or I severely overestimate my powers of observation.
Half asleep upon my knee
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

hyzmarca wrote:
Leress wrote:Image
You missed one.

They're from this painter.
https://www.behance.net/astoralexander

http://astoralexander.deviantart.com/
More from the same guy:
EDIT: On a completely unrelated note:
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Thu May 14, 2015 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Thu May 14, 2015 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

I like the riff on the whole "Zelda timeline split".
Half asleep upon my knee
TiaC
Knight-Baron

Post by TiaC »

This seemed like something the Den could use.
Shatner
Knight-Baron

Post by Shatner »

Alternating Golden and Labrador Retriever puppies
erik
King

Post by erik »

Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Half asleep upon my knee
erik
King

Post by erik »

For when you feel like giving a fuck.

TiaC
Knight-Baron

Post by TiaC »

Isn't that taking a fuck?
virgil wrote:Lovecraft didn't later add a love triangle between Dagon, Chtulhu, & the Colour-Out-of-Space; only to have it broken up through cyber-bullying by the King in Yellow.
FrankTrollman wrote:If your enemy is fucking Gravity, are you helping or hindering it by putting things on high shelves? I don't fucking know! That's not even a thing. Your enemy can't be Gravity, because that's stupid.
Count Arioch the 28th
King