[3.x]Call to Adventure: Secrets of the Fire Swamp

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Sorry, I'll make an effort to be less indecisive. I suspect that may have driven off some players.

Well, CapnTthePirateG posts once in a while too. I'm okay with playing with fewer players. An Ethereal Siphon and a Muscle Wizard (and a Necromancer Wizard?) are an odd party, but it could be interesting trying to see how one works.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Well, anyone that still wants to play, sound off. I can certainly do a two-or-three player game.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Might go without saying, but I'm still in.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

The intent was to just open the stone box while it's still buried under 10 feet of dirt and get in there while blinking for a peek, not to displace any of the dirt above the box, though it could pour into the box.
radthemad4 wrote:Let's compromise and open it while it's buried. Hopefully dirt won't damage anything valuable in there.
radthemad4 wrote:Orr will open the coffin using stone shape, and then dive down and take a peak
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:45 am, edited 8 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Okay, I misunderstood, and will edit.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

Stupid real life intervenes a lot lately. I'm still here.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Is the industrial magic something that would be known and used, or is it some long-lost magic we could sell to a corporation and get rich?
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
Krusk
Knight-Baron

Post by Krusk »

Ancient History wrote: Otherwise, we might just call the game for lack of interest.
i'm enjoying reading it a lot. I'm a really shitty play by post player and will probably flake out if you try to convince me to play, so I'd advise against it. Something about the rhythm of when to post/not post confuses me.

But keep playing so i can read?

unfucked quotes
Last edited by Krusk on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Well, I wasn't expecting THAT to happen...

ed: should I make a new character?
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Nope. Archimedes is still alive, and mobile. Just made out of iron. This has, you may understand, some other side effects (to whit, you are now 10 times heavier and move at half speed), but those are things you're going to have to work out on your own.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Ah, OK. Thought it was some sort of petrification effect.
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Nope, you're not that lucky.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Are you kidding me? Even if it's not optimal, being made of iron should be fun.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

You guys think we should tell the rat about our current quest?
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

That was different.

The IC narration is basically me trying to make knowledge/spellcraft checks. Dunno how you want to handle it AH.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

You don't remember any thing of value, though you can take 10 or take 20 as you like.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

I'll take 10 - not even sure how taking 20 works with knowledge.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

While you're not familiar with the exact magical effect, you hypothesize that Archimedes likely shares the same weaknesses as an iron golem.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Marching order around the crossroads, please.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I'll take the back, flying if possible.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Sorry about the delay, real life shit.

I'll go in the front on foot and blinking. It'll slow us down somewhat, (I need to rest for 3 rounds every 1.7 minutes (2 minutes actually, but I'd want at least 3 rounds of blink left should I start sinking or suddenly go into combat)) but quicksand is least likely to kill me (as I can blink out of it and breathe in the ethereal I think) so others are less likely to fall in. Or, perhaps we could see if Archimedes can carry everyone and fly and then we could all fly.

Anyone have any containers so we can take some spring water with us?

I could rebuild the stone box or shape it into a wheelbarrow or something if not.

Edit: My ground speed is 20, so unless the rat moves at that speed and is walking, I think I'll just fly at the front, unless you guys are okay with moving slowly.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Mal will take the middle, Gort to the very front. Go expendable minions!
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Alim has True Seeing. Does he spot anything, or has he been retconned out of existence?
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Mal also has see invisibility.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Is the creature still alive (or can he not tell)? That will influence Archimedes' next action (I assume Archimedes is still alive, albeit now sinking like a 10-ton stone).