From the Depths of Wikipedia

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Unless you and an SO have started chipping away at that sacred time with quick questions, until one day you find yourself trying to poop and them coming in repeatedly to ask you questions.

On the upside, I did get to use the phrase "can't a man take one good shit in peace?" so it evens out.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Yeah, don't come between and my bathroom time. The wife knows that only calamities shake me off my worship of the Porcelain Goddess.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

tussock
Prince

Post by tussock »

The MRA's one thing is that the law largely ignores non-injury violence, including sexual violence, against men by women. Which is bullshit, because the law is really ignoring non-injury violence by all people, it's just that women are much less likely to injure people when being violent. They really have no point at all.

That thing where they don't want to have to support the children they abandon? And their argument is basically that women have the uterus? Misogynistic Ranting Assholes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wemic

Bloody in-universe style pages, won't somebody help? By which I mean, there's not a lot of neutral POV to be said about Wemics. They're a lion-centaur used as innocuous page-filler from the very start.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Heinsoo

Well, it turns out if you put a board-games, card-games, and minis-games guy in charge of writing an edition of D&D, he turns it into a minis-on-a-small-board-with-card-powers-game.

RPGs: 2000, co-designer of Monsters of Faerun. 2001, co-author of FRCS. 2008, lead designer of 4e D&D. Nothing between. How could that possibly work?
PC, SJW, anti-fascist, not being a dick, or working on it, he/him.
Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

tussock wrote:Bloody in-universe style pages, won't somebody help?
Inspired by the recent proceedings in the Pokeymans thread, I decided to maybe look into playing pokeymans. I read the stuff on wikipedia, and I still have no fucking idea how it's played (except that it requires a DS/3DS, which was posted in the thread, so thanks for nothing, wikipedia).
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

Starmaker wrote:
Inspired by the recent proceedings in the Pokeymans thread, I decided to maybe look into playing pokeymans. I read the stuff on wikipedia, and I still have no fucking idea how it's played (except that it requires a DS/3DS, which was posted in the thread, so thanks for nothing, wikipedia).
IMHO, an emulator on the android phone works much better than an actual gameboy/DS.

But really, the games are pretty much MegaTen ripoff - you walk around the world, enslave foul demons that infest the land, and bring fear of god into your opponents with a complex combat mechanic the roots of which lie in the ancient game of RPS.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Starmaker wrote:
Inspired by the recent proceedings in the Pokeymans thread, I decided to maybe look into playing pokeymans. I read the stuff on wikipedia, and I still have no fucking idea how it's played (except that it requires a DS/3DS, which was posted in the thread, so thanks for nothing, Wikipedia).
The only piece of advice I have to give is: Don't start with Black/White or Black2/White2.

Start with HeartGold/SoulSilver instead. Or Crystal (which is my personal all time favorite) if you're feeling super retro. (Of course, the latter would require a GBC or GBA...)
Last edited by Shrapnel on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Occasionally, I run across a Chinese character (or something that looks like it) and want to know what it means...

So I love this site that lets you draw the character, and then finds and translates it for you (there's even a button that lets you hear how it's pronounced).
Last edited by Maj on Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Fucking Wemics. Some crap should just stay in AD&D, in the past.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Newtonian_fluid
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Oh. My. God.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Best. Villain. EVER.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Shrapnel