[3.Tomefinder] Beer & Pretzels PbP Recruiting

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

My bad. The lich took 11 damage. Corrected in the above post. K, but...
Prak_Anima wrote:Tek will start out by dropping a fireball (3d8 due to Flare of Magic) on the nicely clustered undead
Hey, the lich may or may not have AOE spells prepared, but just something to consider.
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

Lokathor wrote:if one of your 8 item "slots" is used on "one weapon", but you can swap around your weapon all you need round to round, it seems fine. that way you can switch a sword to a bow or a wand if you need to. you should only need to spend more than one magic slot on different weapons if you're doing two-weapon fighting.
Just in case anyone cares, weapons and wands do instantly attune in my system so this is actually RAW. The 15 minute time is only for Wondrous Items, Armors and Staves (mainly to limit Nova-ing of limited use abilities and immediately swapping out the item).
Simplified Tome Armor.

Tome item system and expanded Wish Economy rules.

Try our fantasy card game Clash of Nations! Available via Print on Demand.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

radthemad4 wrote:My bad. The lich took 11 damage. Corrected in the above post. K, but...
Prak_Anima wrote:Tek will start out by dropping a fireball (3d8 due to Flare of Magic) on the nicely clustered undead
Hey, the lich may or may not have AOE spells prepared, but just something to consider.
Ok. And good point. Of course, by the end of the round, so many people are melee, that probably won't be the case with us. But, still, given how good a point that is, Tek will move to the left of the barrel of cocks.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Minor note, every odd diagonal is 5ft and every even diagonal is 10ft when moving. So, I can't have gotten from where I was to where I am now with my 30ft of movement. Which I don't care about this time, but I will possibly care about in the future if someone is able to move up and attack me or something when I expected to be out of range. So I figured I'd bring it up now.
[*]The Ends Of The Matrix: Github and Rendered
[*]After Sundown: Github and Rendered
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Red_Rob wrote:
Lokathor wrote:if one of your 8 item "slots" is used on "one weapon", but you can swap around your weapon all you need round to round, it seems fine. that way you can switch a sword to a bow or a wand if you need to. you should only need to spend more than one magic slot on different weapons if you're doing two-weapon fighting.
Just in case anyone cares, weapons and wands do instantly attune in my system so this is actually RAW. The 15 minute time is only for Wondrous Items, Armors and Staves (mainly to limit Nova-ing of limited use abilities and immediately swapping out the item).
Thanks. Yeah, you're good to go Prak.
Lokathor wrote:Minor note, every odd diagonal is 5ft and every even diagonal is 10ft when moving. So, I can't have gotten from where I was to where I am now with my 30ft of movement. Which I don't care about this time, but I will possibly care about in the future if someone is able to move up and attack me or something when I expected to be out of range. So I figured I'd bring it up now.
Thanks. Fixed now: http://www.fastswf.com/yHoxoxk

Btw, I added a mouse coordinates box on the top right of the screen which might make it easier to point to a particular square. I'll send Whipstitch a PM. He might have forgotten about this.

Initiative:
Tek: 24
Yoshida: 18
Volos: 17
Ghost 3: 16
Lich: 13
Zombie 2: 12
Camilla: 11
Ghost 2: 9
Kinniku Kaiser: 8
Zombie 1: 7
Wahid: 5
Ghost 1: 3
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sun May 25, 2014 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Well my phone cant do flash, but cool. i'll check on it tonight. I don't expect that the round will finish and ill need to do another action before then.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

I'll move to 820 720,470 and shoot at zombie thing #1 with my bow.

EDIT: Had a typo there.
Last edited by Whipstitch on Mon May 26, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bears fall, everyone dies
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Oh right, and the display zone of the flash itself is wider than my screen, so maybe instead of setting the flash to display at a fixed resolution you could set it to display as just 95% of the target screen's width and with a height to match the aspect ratio of that. I know you can do that with HTML tables and stuff, I don't remember if you can do that with flash objects.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

11 damage to zombie 1. If we use the double crit confirm instant death thing, then it's dead as you got two 20s followed by a confirmed crit.

Sorry, I realized now that the mouse coordinates thing wasn't scaling with the screen. Fixed now. Whipstitch, could you tell me again where you wanted to move using this one?

http://www.fastswf.com/dc675RY

Might take a few hours before my next post as I've got some family related errands to run. I'll look into resizing the screen, but for now I just put the coordinates thingy on the left.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Double Threats shouldn't be an instant kill or anything like that.

The mouse coordinates show up properly now, and I assume that it's normal that the coordinate system seems to be mapping to the mouse's exact location instead of just the map grid square that your mouse is over.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

My bad, 21 damage. The zombie is dead. On a phone, will fix later
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

bears fall, everyone dies
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Lokathor wrote:Double Threats shouldn't be an instant kill or anything like that.

The mouse coordinates show up properly now, and I assume that it's normal that the coordinate system seems to be mapping to the mouse's exact location instead of just the map grid square that your mouse is over.
Yeah, that's all it does. What coordinates system is used in isometric maps anyway?

The ghost attempts to lick Yoshida, but he deftly moves out of the way. The lich casts invisibility and disappears. Zombie 2 attempts to attack Yoshida, but he dodges its claws and its bite fails to penetrate Yoshida's armor.

http://www.fastswf.com/Et3DEYU

Mask_De_H: Your turn.

Initiative:
Last edited by radthemad4 on Mon May 26, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

I'm going to potshot Ghost 2 with Scorching Ray. Assume the wand is already loaded into the weapon for Weaponwand. The attack roll gets a +1 to hit due to the weapon having an enhancement bonus.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

radthemad4 wrote:What coordinates system is used in isometric maps anyway?
Usually just a 2d coordinate system like would be on a standard square map, just that calculating the square the mouse is over becomes weird because you have to translate from the orthogonal coordinate space that the computer uses into the isometric coordinate space that you're simulating.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

I could look into a mapping system where each square's coordinates are whole numbers if you guys think it'll help. I've started reading Heroes of Horror (this will not be a horror campaign, but I just wanted undead info, if you have any other book suggestions, I'm game) and am considering making this a shared dream sequence so expect some weirdness (more, that is) and you'll get some skill points at the end.

9 damage to Ghost 2. You can take a move action if you want.

Ghost 2 goes underground.

http://www.fastswf.com/H6qEFB4

Ogrebattle's turn.

Initiative:
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue May 27, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Kinniku Kaiser moves to the right of Ghost no.1 (-17,-5) and hits it with a shoulder tackle [awesome blow].

What happens if I send someone flying with awesome blow and they go through a square occupied by another creature? My intention is to pinball it into the zombie.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Awesome Blow wrote:If they impact with an object they take 1d6 damage per character level. This also deals the same amount of damage to the object. If this is enough to destroy the object they go flying through it and their flight continues on unimpeded.
Since the ghost is incorporeal, I don't think it would have any trouble simply moving through the zombie. However,
Rules Compendium wrote:An incorporeal creature can be harmed only by other incorporeal creatures, magic weapons or creatures that strike as magic weapons, and spells, spell-like abilities, or supernatural abilities. It's immune to all nonmagical attack forms.
So, I think you could bump a ghost into another ghost and do 3d6 damage to both from the collision, but they're a bit far apart. I guess if you launch the zombie and it catches fire (are you sure hitting something with a flaming weapon makes things catch on fire? The SRD doesn't seem to mention it) and then moves through the ghost it could do 1d6 fire damage to it if you beat the 50% roll (or half of 1d6, see below), but I don't think the ghost should catch fire.

I see a bit of a problem here, as it isn't mentioned if the target creature gets to dodge the thrown creature.

One option that comes to mind is, do a ranged attack roll, if it exceeds the AC of the creature it you're trying to hit, both take damage. However, if it only exceeds the Touch AC, only the thrown creature takes damage. Otherwise, the creature dodges and the thrown creature goes about its normal trajectory.

Also, Awesome Blow doesn't seem to take size into account, so you do 1d6 per level whether you launch a pixie, or an ogre. Perhaps an extra d6 for every size difference above medium, and one less d6 (no lower than 1d6) for every two sizes below medium or something.

If you guys can improve this, or think of a better way to resolve this, chime in.

Voting call: Apparently in Pathfinder, incorporeal creatures take 50% damage from non mundane effects that aren't force effects as opposed to a 50% miss chance from 3.5. Which version do you guys prefer?

Let me know if you want to attack Ghost 1, launch the Zombie through Ghost 3, or something else.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu May 29, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

I prefer to minimize the number of pointless and/or weird pathfinder changes, so sticking with a normal 50% miss chance and then full damage seems good.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Kinniku Kaiser slams his shoulder into the ghost. The force of the blow knocks it through the zombie which takes damage from the still hot ghost passing through its insides.

Ghost 3: 9 damage and prone, Zombie: 3 damage.

http://www.fastswf.com/eovsy-E

I find the idea of incorporeal creatures catching fire kinda weird, but it made the save so it's not an issue at the moment. However it failed the one on being prone. RAW, they should be able to catch fire, I think due to D&D being exception based and there being no rules about incorporeal beings not catching on fire, but I still find it kinda weird.
Ogrebattle on PM wrote:The numbers are all over the place
The numbers correspond to the position of the mouse, i.e. moving the mouse down increases the y coordinate (yes that wasn't a typo) and moving it right increases the x coordinate. They don't correspond to the isometric coordinates of the ground, though I think I should probably fix it so that they do. I'll look into it. Up in isometric games is 'upright' on the screen right?
Avoraciopoctules wrote:Wahid runs up and punches a fool.
Could you be more specific?
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

The coordinate system is using 0,0 as the upper left corner, which is also fine for the isometric coordinates to use (though it's be the top corner I guess). It's not too weird weird once you know that that is what is going on.

But yes, normally in an isometric game the "up" is up to the right, and the other directions go from there. Like you'd rotated it just 1/8th of a turn.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

I changed the coordinate system so that the upright is up, and downright is right and each square is a whole number. Putting it up for testing in case of weirdness like the scaling issue from before. The origin (0,0) is completely arbitrary and has no significance whatsoever, but if bothers anyone, changing that is ridiculously easy.

http://www.fastswf.com/bgr3rlU
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

radthemad4 wrote:
Avoraciopoctules wrote:Wahid runs up and punches a fool.
Could you be more specific?
Wahid lumbers forward, rubbing his hands together, until he stands before the zombie that has not been knocked prone. He strikes a pose and shouts "HUNGRY HUMMINGBIRD TECHNIQUE", and then attempts to sock it in the face with one of his meaty fists.

Glowing motes fly off his ears and nose in a way that makes it inexplicably hard to make out exactly where he is, and his awareness of the surrounding area intensifies.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

radthemad4 wrote:I changed the coordinate system so that the upright is up, and downright is right and each square is a whole number. Putting it up for testing in case of weirdness like the scaling issue from before. The origin (0,0) is completely arbitrary and has no significance whatsoever, but if bothers anyone, changing that is ridiculously easy.

http://www.fastswf.com/bgr3rlU
It's mostly accurate, but when zoomed in the left corner / bottom corner of two squares doesn't seem to be calculated quite properly, so it doesn't give the right numbers as you move your mouse over the gridlines. Pretty close though, which is good for a first pass.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Lokathor wrote:It's mostly accurate, but when zoomed in the left corner / bottom corner of two squares doesn't seem to be calculated quite properly, so it doesn't give the right numbers as you move your mouse over the gridlines. Pretty close though, which is good for a first pass.
Thanks for the bug report, made some modifications.
Avoraciopoctules wrote:attempts to sock it in the face with one of his meaty fists.
Wahid angles his punch in an attempt to knock the Zombie's head off, but unfortunately, some of its neck muscles tears from atrophy, tipping its head slightly and moving it out of the way at the last second (ouch, crappy roll).
Avoraciopoctules wrote:Glowing motes fly off his ears and nose in a way that makes it inexplicably hard to make out exactly where he is, and his awareness of the surrounding area intensifies.
However, his new found awareness has allowed Wahid to sense the location of the lich.

http://www.fastswf.com/ZV68C88

Awesome, we've just completed A ROUND!!!

Prak, you're up.

Initiative: