[IC]Secrets of the Fire Swamp

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

Malagos throws his glitterdust and keeps running.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Archimedes will try to send a telepathic message to Orr: Caught up with the rat, and are heading to the toll-keeper. Not sure if this will reach you. Normally good with directions/distance but hard to tell when running. With that he'll keep flying at top speed after Malagos and the rat.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

The cloud of golden particles hits the strange iron-skinned beast and explodes outwards, clinging to its form and limning it in a soft golden glow, including its strange metallic eyes. At this provocation, the strange creature breaks off from the spot where Orr was - the spot on the ground where the blue light shown has turned blue-white, and is smoking slightly - and turned all of its attention on Malagos. Snuffing at the air, it launches itself forward across the ground at a surprising turn of speed. Malagos suspects it will have caught up with him in two rounds - and at full sprint, the tollkeeper and its strange statues are four rounds away.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Darth Rabbitt wrote:Archimedes will try to send a telepathic message to Orr: Caught up with the rat, and are heading to the toll-keeper. Not sure if this will reach you. Normally good with directions/distance but hard to tell when running. With that he'll keep flying at top speed after Malagos and the rat.
"What's going on right now?"
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

To Orr:
Beast is getting closer. Will catch up with the necromancer soon. Gonna try to carry him and fly out of its reach.

To Malagos and the rat:
Let me carry you. It can't reach us in the air if we fly high enough.
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Okay. I'll try to slow it down."

Orr will expend a water token to boost his saves by 3 for one round. He'll then resume blinking and peek above ground, trying to get a glimpse of the creature.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:50 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Orr surfaces, blinking, and has a brief moment of alarm as an iron paw slams down on him, pressing him into the sodden earth (-3 hp) in the space between blinks as the creature runs over him.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Orr flinches and stops himself from cursing. He channels Earth on the creature to entangle it before diving 10 ft underground and moving to stay within telepathic range of the others.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Malagos throws a grease spell at the beast. May as well keep the slapstick theme going.

More than happy for the save. Whenever you're ready, he replies to Archimedes, while continuing to run.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Ready. Archimedes replies. Would you care for a ride, too? he asks the rat again. This is your last chance. He will pick up Malagos (and the rat, if willing) and attempt to fly with him above the creature's reach. Once he's sure they've reached a safe altitude, he'll continue to the toll keeper.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Roots burst up to entangle the iron beast's limbs, and an oily slick turns the earth around it into a mire. Glitterdust still blinding its eyes, the earthbound creature thrashes, kicking up earth and swamp water.

The rat, still running, looks over its shoulder and shouts at the top of its little lungs "That's not going to work!"
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Orr will pop up momentarily near the others to check on them and the monster.

"Flying is still (slightly) faster than running. If you fly right along the ground, I can shield you from its blue light thing at a moment's notice."

He'll minor channel water on anything nearby (or the ground) to get a fire token and then dive back under and continue moving towards the tollkeeper, keeping pace with the others.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Very well, Archimedes replies to Orr, and with that he starts flying closer to the ground.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

"You don't understand! Flying doesn't work because..."

A sudden note screamed out across the blackened marsh of the Forbidden Zone, like a dozen metal cables suddenly snapped taut by a giant. Those who spare a glance back see the iron beast stretch great iron fingers into the sky, between which stretch a thin, filmy membrane through which the sky and background can be seen as through an oil-slicked puddle. With a sudden downward sweep and hopping-jump, the iron monstrosity jumps free of the ground, and begins to gain height.

"...it can fly. Probably better than you."
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

"Damnit," Archimedes growls. He flies as close as he can manage to the ground, in hopes of making the creature land again.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Malagos laughs and casts web on the creature's wings, hoping to ensnare it so it tumbles to the ground.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

The iron beastie avoids the web, moving deceptively fast despite its bulk. It gains both height and speed, its maw opening, the screeching song of metal wire under stress booming forth like nails on a chalkboard.

Up ahead, you can see the copper-masked figure, and the two three-armed guardian statues that block the road.

The rat finally hops onto the hammer in Archimedes' hand, and scrambling up onto the half-minotaur's shoulder, yells into one ear over the song. "I have a suggestion." A pant for breath. "Blow right between the statues. Head for the edge of the Zone."
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Blow as in my breath weapon? Archimedes asks telepathically.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

"Blow as in go past them. You people are idiots. Do you want to fight that thing and die?"
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

That's why I asked. It sounded like suicide.

With that, Archimedes flies at top speed between the statues.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Orr will resurface and fly alongside the others, keeping pace with them.

"If the creature gets too close, huddle up and hold your breaths. It doesn't seem to be that great at digging."

Orr will ready an action to bury the party if necessary.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

"Didn't seem to be good at flying either..." mutters the necromancer as he clings to Archimedes for dear life.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

As Archimedes flaps furiously, careening toward the copper-masked figure, the creature behind you picks up speed. While the half-minotaur's iron body slows him down, the strange singing abomination is eating your lead. Holding onto Archie's ear for dear life, the rat is chanting "Must go faster must go faster go go go go!"

The copper-masked figure, for their part, does not seem to register that you aren't slowing down until it is almost too late. With a curious gesture, the skin of stone on the two three-armed, armored, sword-wielding giants begins to crack and fall off, revealing steel and living flesh beneath the facade.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

"Here's your toll!" Archimedes shouts at the figure while he flies past it as quickly as he possibly can.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

To party, "I'm going to go ahead underground. Let me know when you're about to go past and I'll try to clear the way. Also, let me know if they move and where if so."

To the figures, "The 100 weight of iron is on our tails and gaining on us. Move out of the way. Or run. That may be a better idea"

If they still seem hostile, Orr will dive underground, move between the three figures underground and wait to hear from any of the others. Once he hears them, he'll attempt to bury the middle figure completely underground, and put up two thin dirt walls adjacent to the other two to hopefully keep them from being able to see Archimedes as he flies past. (use earth shape twice)
Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.