MC Koumei representing

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Basically, if it has a duration, then for the duration it is considered a magic item so counts against the limit. If it's instantaneous, it has no such limit, so fill your boots.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Prak_Anima wrote:Makes sense. Good to know, that way we can use our pokeballed efreet wishes on valid things.
Remember that the cohort using the pokeballs in question is only able to control up to CR 7 creatures at the moment - so the pokeballing only lets us make them appear when we need them, not controlled in any meaningful fashion.
Last edited by Quantumboost on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

can we release them in to the prepped summoning circle in ...poison manufacturing place I can't remember the name of at the moment and control them?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

It was a piece of fucking scenery, all it's good for is being the "focus" component of the Magic Circle used when doing a Planar Binding spell to fucking trap an outsider there. That's it.

Presumably, if you totally need to go and do this, you find a full Efreeti (keeping in mind most Disgaeagame Efreeti are the weaker kind found in the pdf, lacking Wish) and slap it into submission, then when it offers you Wishes you Wish for three Candles of Invocation. And then any time you want stuff you use one of those candles to conjure an Efreeti, and wish for X, Y and another Candle.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yeah, I know that we have to cast all the spells and such. Sorry I kinda ran away with the whole thing.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
8headeddragon
Apprentice

Post by 8headeddragon »

With the Aardvark and Marmot bonuses it's like we're getting six Wishes each every ding. We'll be fine without it.

Also, the Overlord's sheet is updated; the MC will know where to find it.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Sorry for snapping, Prak. I've been getting pretty grouchy lately, as a result of the Mystery Torso Condition (getting an ultrasound later this week).

Duly noted, 8headed.

As for whether you guys still want to tackle Efreeti or not, that's your call - I have some things planned for either thing, and can bullshit the rest (which is the way most sessions go - plan some dot points, and when players do something unplanned, run with it and bullshit things together).

Reminder: game is happen tomorrow. Be there or be one face of a cube.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

No worries, I know that I was getting a bit fixated and annoying about it.

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Ta-da!
[13:02] <Mister_Cavern> So, when last we left off, the team had taken out the boss of InSecuriCorp, and his minions immediately surrendered. Information was handed over, and the party realised they had the chance not only to sabotage EvilCorp, but to infiltrate it.
[13:03] *** rabid_schnauzer changed nick to Crystal
[13:03] *** Iori changed nick to Barzini
[13:03] <Mister_Cavern> But can you actually infiltrate something you're already technically a member of?
[13:03] <Sparkles> That just makes it easier.
[13:04] <Mister_Cavern> The Isle of Fire also holds wealth and secrets, however. There are options available, and the group, sans Nasturtium it seems, must decide what they wish to do.
[13:04] <Mister_Cavern> "Wow, is this the final chapter?" Johnny asks. "You're not supposed to use that kind of knowledge, dood." E-can comments.
[13:06] <@Crystal> "Well, is the Isle of Fire surrounded by Fire Water or just regular ocean?"
[13:06] <Mister_Cavern> "Just regular water. I mean, the water's kind of hot in places, but not made of fire." "Uh, I think she means 'is it whiskey?' Sadly the answer is no."
[13:07] <Mister_Cavern> (Was it whiskey that == Fire water, or tequila or something?)
[13:07] <Sparkles> "If it were whiskey, wouldn't it also be on fire? What with Efreeti?"
[13:07] <@Crystal> (( in general Whiskey...although I think there's a brand of Schnapps that grabbed the trademark))
[13:09] <Barzini> (Cinnamon schnapps, wasn't it?)
[13:09] <Barzini> (Or was cinnamon just the key ingredient in firewater)
[13:09] * Barzini seems a little lost in thought.
[13:10] <@Crystal> "Well if that's the case, we should get to filtration"
[13:11] <Barzini> "Filtration? That so doesn't work! Where are the ice mustaches?"
[13:12] <Sparkles> "I don't think ice distillation is that useful at removing macroimpurities..."
[13:13] <Sparkles> "...oh! Sneakytimes! I can do sneaky!"
[13:14] <@Crystal> "We have a couple days to get there, don't we?"
[13:14] * Sparkles transforms into a Sparkles-shaped lamppost
[13:16] <@Crystal> "They'll never suspect that one!"
[13:16] * @Crystal applauds Sparkles
[13:17] <Barzini> "How will you move?"
[13:18] * Sparkles looks over at Barzini "Hm? Same way as always."
[13:18] <Barzini> "Walking lamp post...?"
[13:19] <Sparkles> "Flying lamppost. We're all the rage in Celestia last I checked."
[13:20] <Barzini> "Ah uh... okay. So let's get disguised and then have the Sneezer Spear guy ship us off to somewhere EvilCorp related as the new security."
[13:21] <Sparkles> "To the library!"
[13:21] <@Crystal> (( didn't we have a more specific target...like their execs or something? ))
[13:22] <Mister_Cavern> (I believe you did. The Board of Directors are located at the Company HQ, in the middle of the now-closed Doki-Doki Amusement Park)
[13:23] *** GX (GX@1AB00B.8F8197.ED2C4D.7D39E7) joined
[13:24] <@Crystal> "Oh boy, Ferris Wheel and Bumper Cars!"
[13:25] *** Sparkles quit (Client closed the connection)
[13:25] *** Sparkles (androirc@Nightstar-58661150.sub-166-250-0.myvzw.com) joined
[13:27] <Sparkles> "You're definitely tall enough to get on all the rides this time Crystal!"
[13:27] <@Crystal> YAY! Finally!!
[13:27] <Mister_Cavern> Incidentally, the air is particularly dark and spooky, with an ominous wind surrounding Barzini. He has a powerful aura. MENACING.
[13:29] <Barzini> "Amusement parks, huh? Don't tell me they're going to be a bunch of evil clowns."
[13:30] <@Crystal> "No, that's circuses."
[13:30] <@Crystal> "Amusement parks are usually full of giant mice"
[13:31] <@Crystal> "So maybe we should bring the nekomota from the ship?"
[13:31] <Barzini> "The mice are doing all this? Then we'll waste 'em!"
[13:32] <@Crystal> "oooh, Barz, that new wind is totally spiffinous"
[13:33] <Sparkles> "Uh... isn't that redundant?"
[13:33] <Sparkles> "I guess there are the legends about merely hostile clowns..."
[13:33] <Sparkles> "Mice are known for their tendency to try to take over the world. It makes perfect sense."
[13:35] <Barzini> "Really? I was just thinking, man, the Overlord's a coward, he can't rule the Netherworld from hiding, just FORGET that guy! ... not that we were going to do what he says anyway since we're pirates."
[13:36] <@Crystal> "Wait, he's been hiding this whole time?"
[13:37] <@Crystal> "I thought he was on vacation or kidnapped or dead or something"
[13:37] * Barzini blinks, "I don't know. Come to think of it, I've never actually seen him myself, I only know him through stupid orders that piss me off."
[13:37] <Barzini> "But it doesn't matter. My new philosophy, just FORGET that guy!"
[13:38] <@Crystal> "I like that philosophy. Forgetting has served me well."
[13:38] <Barzini> "So, where are our disguises?"
[13:40] <@Crystal> "Give me three days plus some nebulous amount of item atttuning time, and I'll have us all looking like flying lampposts!"
[13:41] * Barzini deadpans and sweatdrops, "Got anything a little faster?"
[13:42] <Sparkles> "We are going to be the best insecurity lampposts ever!"
[13:42] <@Crystal> "wait, can you two even use scrolls?"
[13:43] <Barzini> "Can't be too hard."
[13:43] <Sparkles> "...if they're white mage spells definitely!"
[13:44] <Sparkles> ((Low on battery may cut out soon, almost at home))
[13:45] * @Crystal can scribe scrolls of Disguise Self
[13:45] <@Crystal> (( which will last for all of 10 minutes if you have the UMD to make it relevant ))
[13:45] <Barzini> (I have UMD. But I thought we seriously were going to use Groucho Masks.)
[13:46] <Sparkles> "Maybe we should get you guys henshin sticks too."
[13:46] <@Crystal> (( but I think there were a few days needed for transit time and reprogramming the Schnauzer spear guy ))
[13:47] <Mister_Cavern> ((Yeah, it's going to take time either way))
[13:47] <Barzini> (Ah yes. I just kind of assumed we dominated him. Then, back to the ship with him.)
[13:51] <Mister_Cavern> So, back to the ship?
[13:51] <@Crystal> Yup
[13:51] *** Sparkles quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[13:51] *** Quantumboost changed nick to Sparkles
[13:52] <Mister_Cavern> Okay, you wander back to the ship, with the former president bound, and take him to the Therapists. "Something this big is going to take a little while, but we can certainly do it!"
[13:55] <Mister_Cavern> This coincides well with the travel time. It is indeed going to take a couple of days, so you have all the time you need to brainwash him. Are we skipping to your arrival at Doki Doki Land?
[13:56] * Barzini grins, "I'm sure I have ways of passing the time."
[13:56] * @Crystal Crystal has some poetic scribing and an item swap or two to do
[13:57] <Sparkles> "I'll be working on my transspatial pion converter. I am, after all, Raine "Sparkles" Silvara, the greatest metaphysical genius in the universe!"
[13:57] * Barzini spends those days showing the vassals around the new stronghold, particularly Vita and his new bed chambers.
[14:00] <Mister_Cavern> hahaha
[14:00] <Mister_Cavern> So, Crystal, what spells?
[14:01] * @Crystal scribes one scroll of Disguise Self per day
[14:02] * @Crystal swaps Con Booster and Orb of Poison to inactive to allow Padded Brassiere of Disguise bonus to be active again, and have a scroll equipped
[14:02] <Barzini> (Scrolls take up a slot? I'm sure that this has been explained a bajillion times, but it was never relevant to me!)
[14:03] * @Crystal allocates Jutsu point to Cha based skills
[14:03] <Mister_Cavern> Sure thing. The trip takes three days, so that's 3xDisguise Self. (Scrolls take up slots when they are active)
[14:04] <@Crystal> (( and on scroll duration expiration is it instant re-attune to other item or is are Kaelik's attunement times in play? ))
[14:04] <Mister_Cavern> And so... eventually the ship docks, and you find yourselves looking at the unlit sign above the massive iron gates of Doki Doki Land. A ferris wheel slowly turns in the background, and there is the sound of still-running dodgem cars and roller coasters. But towering above all...
[14:04] <Mister_Cavern> In the background, is the corporate office, all lights on, as unlike the theme park, they never close.
[14:05] <Mister_Cavern> You can instantly attune it with a minute of concentration - unless you activate another scroll or whatever, where it's "the time it takes to cast"
[14:06] <@Crystal> (( so then two scrolls to Barz - who has no other disguise boosts and keep one for Crystal ))
[14:06] <@Crystal> (( oddly and minmaximally enough, Disguise Self bonus type is unnamed Yay! ))
[14:08] <Barzini> "Everything's ready? In the meantime I've been working on my laugh."
[14:09] * Barzini clears his throat and aims to be dramatic. "Hm hm hm hm... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!"
[14:09] <Barzini> "That feels kind of cheesy, I guess it needs work..."
[14:09] <@Crystal> (( so, with levelup, item enhancement, and jutsu point, but saving scroll))
[14:10] <@Crystal> !dice 1d20+22 disguise for Crystal's ice moustache
[14:10] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d20+22 disguise for Crystal's ice moustache : (20) 42
[14:10] <@Crystal> "Viola. Just like that Ogress mother at the wedding!"
[14:11] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+20 UMD
[14:11] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+20 UMD : (15) 35
[14:11] * Sparkles shifts to look like a basic Archer, with a hammer
[14:12] <@Crystal> (( archer with a hammer, must be an NPC ))
[14:13] <Barzini> !Dice 1d20+22 Disguise: Barzini in Groucho Glasses
[14:13] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+22 Disguise: Barzini in Groucho Glasses : (9) 31
[14:15] <Mister_Cavern> And so, the team are rather well-disguised, as it turns out. And... with the brainwashed president in tow, to show he's calling the shots even though he isn't?
[14:15] * @Crystal (( wanders afk for wine refill ))
[14:18] <Sparkles> May as well
[14:19] <Mister_Cavern> Okay, so there is quite the gathering at the gates. The unguarded gates that aren't even locked.
[14:20] <Barzini> "Lead the way, 'boss'."
[14:23] <Mister_Cavern> "Of course." And so, he does indeed lead you ahead through the theme park. It's pretty deserted. Few things are still actually active, and there don't seem to be guards around the place. "Uh, getting in is tricky. It's a sort of secret door. Are you guys ready?"
[14:24] * @Crystal is
[14:24] * Sparkles may as well be
[14:24] <Barzini> "Ah, uh... I forgot about Johnny..."
[14:25] <Barzini> "We'd better act natural and get out without being spotted then!"
[14:25] <@Crystal> "better spotted than striped!"
[14:26] <Barzini> "Ready when you are."
[14:26] *** NSJavaGuest-9556 (NSJavaIRC@Nightstar-86052984.scrm01.sbcglobal.net) joined
[14:26] *** NSJavaGuest-9556 changed nick to Nasturtium
[14:26] <@Crystal> (( evenin' prak ))
[14:26] <Nasturtium> ((sorry))
[14:26] <Nasturtium> ((hey all))
[14:27] <Sparkles> ((yo, we're just about to filtrintate some evility))
[14:27] <@Crystal> (( we're infiltratin' ))
[14:27] <Nasturtium> ((sweet, where'd we wind up heading to>))
[14:27] <Nasturtium> ((*?))
[14:27] <@Crystal> (( the amusement park/HQ ))
[14:27] <Mister_Cavern> (The theme park that contains the Evilcorp HQ)
[14:27] <Nasturtium> ((ah, ok))
[14:28] <Barzini> (it's an abandonned amusement park. we have the spear guy leading us. After the therapists brainwashed him.)
[14:28] <@Crystal> "Shh! we're undercover!"
[14:28] <Nasturtium> ((gotcha))
[14:29] <Mister_Cavern> "Right. We need to ride the Ghost Train, to take us to the underground entrance - there's a spot where it pauses, and you can climb up a ladder that's overhead. The only thing is the ghosts. So, let's board this thing?"
[14:29] * @Crystal grunts assent in a ogress-like fashion
[14:30] * Nasturtium shrugs assiduously
[14:30] * Sparkles lets out a hollow-sounding "Yes, Sir."
[14:30] <Barzini> "Aye aye, boss. Oh, uh. 'Yes sir'? 'Copy that'?"
[14:30] <Nasturtium> ((oops, wrong word. she stops))
[14:34] <Mister_Cavern> "Excellent. ALL ABOARD!"
[14:34] * Barzini blinks as he boards the train, "Security guards say 'all aboard' too..?"
[14:35] * Nasturtium boards
[14:35] * Sparkles boreds
[14:35] * @Crystal boards
[14:38] <Mister_Cavern> The carriages begin to rumble on, shuddering in an attempt to seem like they'll fall apart and leave you in the LAND OF THE DEAD FOREVER. What order are you in? (each holds 2 mediums or a large)
[14:39] <Nasturtium> I'll ride up front
[14:40] <Nasturtium> pistols at the ready, but not obvious
[14:40] * @Crystal will be in the rear car
[14:41] * Barzini will ride with one of the other three medium sized allies.
[14:41] * Sparkles will be in the middle
[14:41] <Nasturtium> what, no one wants to sit with the captain?
[14:41] * Nasturtium promises a minimum of groping
[14:42] * @Crystal wouldn't fit
[14:42] <Barzini> (I chose a neutral selection. It can be Nas, Sparkles, or spear guy.)
[14:42] <Barzini> (Presumably leaving the remaining two to share a cab.)
[14:45] <Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d3 Nas/Sparkles/Spearguy
[14:45] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d3 Nas/Sparkles/Spearguy : 2
[14:45] <Nasturtium> ((oh, wait, do we have cohorts with us?))
[14:45] <Mister_Cavern> So, spearguy takes the lead with Nasturtium, while Barzini is in the middle with Sparkles. Crystal is at the back...
[14:45] * Sparkles prefers to be in a place that is surrounded by less squishy people aka ablative armor
[14:45] <Barzini> (I don't, since we needed to disguise for this)
[14:46] <Mister_Cavern> ((you can if you like))
[14:46] <Barzini> (Oh, sweet. Then Johnny also wears Groucho glasses.)
[14:46] <Nasturtium> ((ok, Rammy shouldn't be any more difficult to disguise than the rest of us))
[14:46] <Nasturtium> ((lol. No, just give him a trenchcoat))
[14:47] <Mister_Cavern> Johnny, being Huge, can pretty much lie on top of two carriages at the back, until leaping off becomes necessary. And Rammy will sit on Nasturtium's lap, as terrible an idea though that might be
[14:48] <Nasturtium> ((she pretty much would be anyway...))
[14:48] <Mister_Cavern> And so, you're off! There are eerie lights, eerie noises... pretty much eeriness all around. It's pretty much what you'd expect, actually, but then there is an actual low-level sound... growling? wailing? Some kind of spooky noise.
[14:49] <Nasturtium> (( http://www.spike.com/video-clips/gytf2i/land-shark ))
[14:49] <Mister_Cavern> Will Saves from all, DC 17. It's a [Sonic][Fear] effect.
[14:49] <Nasturtium> ((ok, so a door, not a trenchcoat))
[14:49] <Nasturtium> !dice 2#1d20+7 Nast first
[14:49] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 2#1d20+7 Nast first : (11) 18 (20) 27
[14:49] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+14 will
[14:49] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+14 will : (8) 22
[14:50] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+6 Johnny will save
[14:50] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+6 Johnny will save : (7) 13
[14:50] <@Crystal> !dice 1d20+11 will
[14:50] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d20+11 will : (13) 24
[14:50] <Sparkles> !dice 1d20+19
[14:50] <Yuffie> Sparkles : Result of 1d20+19 : (12) 31
[14:50] <Sparkles> Ward Johnny
[14:51] <Mister_Cavern> So, everyone passes then? You are not scared by the noise.
[14:51] * @Crystal grunts nonchalantly ogrelike
[14:52] <Mister_Cavern> But then, ghosts begin to appear through the walls, carrying vases, pots, pans and coffee tables. They're up ahead... and they're probably going to throw those items, with a display of poltergeisism (?) Or things that go bump in the night, anyway. So Nast gets a Ninja Round
[14:53] * Nasturtium will prepare to shoot the first four(?) items
[14:53] <Nasturtium> (or two, can't remember if ninja round allows full attack)
[14:54] <Mister_Cavern> (No, just a Standard Action)
[14:54] <Nasturtium> ((ok, then prepares to shoot the first two items))
[14:55] <Mister_Cavern> In that case, with her preparing, it's Initiative time!
[14:55] <Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+1 Ghostinit
[14:55] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+1 Ghostinit : (2) 3
[14:55] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+6
[14:55] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+6 : (19) 25
[14:56] <@Crystal> !dice 1d20+5 init
[14:56] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d20+5 init : (9) 14
[14:57] <Sparkles> !dice 1d20+1
[14:57] <Yuffie> Sparkles : Result of 1d20+1 : (5) 6
[14:57] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+6 init
[14:57] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+6 init : (7) 13
[15:00] <Mister_Cavern> So, Nasturtium, your turn again, as such. Still readying an action, or acting?
[15:00] <Nasturtium> still readying, I guess
[15:01] <Mister_Cavern> Okay, and Rammy?
[15:02] <Nasturtium> how far are they?
[15:03] <Mister_Cavern> There are eight, and the nearest two are 20' away. Then 30', 40' and finally 50' for the last pair.
[15:04] * Nasturtium Rammy uses Gust of Wind
[15:04] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d6x5 blow back DC 16 negates
[15:04] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d6x5 blow back DC 16 negates : 6
[15:05] <Mister_Cavern> !dice 4#1d20+2
[15:05] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 4#1d20+2 : (18) 20 (10) 12 (7) 9 (19) 21
[15:06] <Mister_Cavern> The front one manages to hold on just fine, but the middle two are lauched 30' back... meaning they slam into the last one, who WOULD have passed, but is knocked over. They drop their things with a loud clatter
[15:06] <Mister_Cavern> Crystal!
[15:06] * @Crystal looks to our fake commander for orders
[15:07] <Mister_Cavern> He just gives the thumbs up, while readying his spear.
[15:07] <Mister_Cavern> (And by spear I mean glaive)
[15:08] * @Crystal activates monk style and uses Freeze on one of the nearest ghosts
[15:09] <@Crystal> (( ref 24 or he's Held))
[15:10] <Mister_Cavern> He can't actually pass it. CLINK! He's frozen solid.
[15:11] <Mister_Cavern> So, Barzini and Johnny!
[15:11] <@Crystal> !dice 1d20+27 bluff to make it look like ice magic did not come from Ogress in case anyone is watching
[15:11] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d20+27 bluff to make it look like ice magic did not come from Ogress in case anyone is watching : (2) 29
[15:11] <Barzini> (How many ghosts might I get with a Chain Lightning?)
[15:12] <Mister_Cavern> You could hit four of them with one line, and it could then branch out to all of the others, actually
[15:12] <Barzini> (Niice. Making that happen then.)
[15:13] <Barzini> !dice 10d6 There's no escaping the miles. (DC 21 reflex)
[15:13] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 10d6 There's no escaping the miles. (DC 21 reflex) : 31
[15:13] <Mister_Cavern> !dice 4#1d20+1 Ref half
[15:13] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 4#1d20+1 Ref half : (6) 7 (2) 3 (20) 21 (13) 14
[15:14] <Barzini> (reflex for half, secondary targets take half damage or can reflex save to take half of what the first ghosts got)
[15:14] <Mister_Cavern> Only one manages to avoid the brunt of it, whereas the others are totally fried. It doesn't even matter though, it's still enough to KO.
[15:14] <Mister_Cavern> 4#1d20+1 secondary targets
[15:14] <Mister_Cavern> !dice 4#1d20+1
[15:14] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 4#1d20+1 : (2) 3 (12) 13 (19) 20 (1) 2
[15:14] <Mister_Cavern> And... yeah. Zappity zap zap
[15:15] <Mister_Cavern> All ghosts fall over
[15:16] <Nasturtium> "Well damn."
[15:17] <@Crystal> "*Grunt.* Shooting gallery easy. Do we get plushie now?"
[15:17] <Mister_Cavern> "Well done, team!" the 'boss' says, "Showing them just how much business you mean!"
[15:18] <Mister_Cavern> It is then that a zombie, standing there, waves its arms around (until one arm falls off), saying "BOO!"
[15:18] <Barzini> "Ah... maybe I should tone that down until it's time for the disguise to come off... I don't know my own strength anymore."
[15:18] <Mister_Cavern> Yeah, what a ghost train!
[15:20] <Mister_Cavern> But finally, it does pause as explained before. You're in a tunnel, and the rails are supported by... nothing. There appears to be an endless chasm below, and a ladder above, leading to what is hopefully the HQ
[15:20] * Nasturtium looks up and grabs the ladder, giving it a tug to check before climbing up
[15:20] <Mister_Cavern> The ladder is very firm - it has to support ogres and the like, sometimes.
[15:21] <Nasturtium> just making sure it's not a trick ladder that will send us into the bottomless abyss
[15:21] * Nasturtium climbs up
[15:21] * @Crystal waits for others to ascend, then uses combination of fly speed and bluff skill to simulate climbing
[15:22] <Mister_Cavern> So, everyone is able to make their way up without difficulty (Johnny may need a little help, actually).
[15:22] * Barzini climbs up, confident in his ability to fly if any ladder climbing goes wrong.
[15:22] <Barzini> (Johnny can fly, if that helps.)
[15:22] <Mister_Cavern> (Oh, no problem then)
[15:23] <Mister_Cavern> Eventually, you're all gathered at the lowest level of the Corporate Tower, with the past below you, and SUCCESS ahead of you. Or above. Or something.
[15:23] <Barzini> "We're naturals at this. We just started on this job, and we're already climbing the corporate ladder."
[15:24] <Mister_Cavern> ((And I'm going to have to call it kind of early. I need to get various things done. And next week I'll be moving during gametime, so we'll have to leave the (potentially final) next session to the week after next.))
[15:24] <Mister_Cavern> (hahaha, corporate ladder)
[15:25] * Nasturtium says "Really, I don't know these people and their ridiculous puns" to no one in particular
[15:25] <Mister_Cavern> Everyone has been through trials, you have faced death, defeated death, defeated all kinds of inferior pirates, taken over everything in your path, and all that remains now... is the final hurdle, the "negotiations" with upper level management.
[15:26] <Mister_Cavern> Well, and finding them.
[15:26] <Mister_Cavern> Find out how things turn out in 14 days, for TENGEN TOPPA FRIENDSHIP PUNCH!
[15:26] *** Crystal changed nick to rabid_schnauzer
[15:26] <Nasturtium> Meh, corporate executives are really just boatless pirates, so...
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Reminder: game occurs in like 14 hours from time of posting. Keep in mind that in future weeks I may not be able to run, so it'd be fantastic if everybody could make it on time (or even early) and not rock up shitfaced.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Phone's set to remind me, Koumei.

Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

I'm being dragged to a fancy restaurant for a family event -- which means showing up early is not an option and even promptly on time is gonna be a bit iffy. But don't let me hold the rest of you up, I'll get online as soon as I can.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

[11:54] <Mister_Cavern> Right, so when we last left off, the team has undergone a RIDE! A GHOST TRAIN, AWESOME!
[11:54] <Mister_Cavern> And you had all arrived in the Headquarters of EvilCorp
[11:54] <Nasturtium> ah, right
[11:54] <Nasturtium> here to do shots and kill executives
[11:55] <Sparkles> And while we have plenty of shots, we're RATHER GOOD AT MJLTITASKING
[11:55] <Nasturtium> "Exactly!"
[11:56] <Mister_Cavern> There is just a single clerk standing here, relieved at your arrival. "Ah good, the new security I take it?"
[11:56] <Nasturtium> "Yep! Where do we report?"
[11:56] <Sparkles> "That is our stated function."
[11:56] * Barzini salutes, still wearing his Groucho mask.
[11:58] * @Crystal Gives Ogress-like snort in the affirmitive
[12:02] <Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+3 Sense Motive
[12:02] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+3 Sense Motive : (10) 13
[12:02] <Mister_Cavern> People might want to Bluff
[12:02] *** Sparkles quit (Client closed the connection)
[12:02] *** Sparkles (androirc@Nightstar-7579fec2.sub-166-250-13.myvzw.com) joined
[12:02] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+14
[12:02] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+14 : (18) 32
[12:02] * @Crystal has Jutsu point in Cha-Skills, so
[12:03] <@Crystal> !dice 1d20+27
[12:03] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d20+27 : (3) 30
[12:03] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+7 CHA
[12:03] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+7 CHA : (17) 24
[12:03] <Sparkles> !dice 1d20+7 Bluff
[12:03] <Yuffie> Sparkles : Result of 1d20+7 Bluff : (12) 19
[12:06] <Mister_Cavern> "Ah good." he repeats. "Well, I need two of you to stand here and hit anyone who climbs through here, two to enter the elevator and check everyone for ID, two to step through there and give everyone a patdown and one person to guard the emergency alarm there and trigger it as soon as any trouble happens."
[12:06] <Mister_Cavern> (He's including the three present cohorts here)
[12:07] <Nasturtium> "We'll take the patdown one." Nast. grabs Rammy
[12:07] <Barzini> (Which one of us has disable device?)
[12:07] *** GX (GX@1AB00B.8F8197.0EF54C.686387) joined
[12:07] <Barzini> (Aww, I was going to take the patdown job since I have Sleight.)
[12:07] <Barzini> (And Combat Looting!)
[12:07] <Nasturtium> (hm, probably a better idea...)
[12:08] <Barzini> "Hey, don't hog all the patdown jobs!"
[12:08] <Mister_Cavern> "Well, I leave it in your capable hands. I heard good reports on your bullet-taking, roughing-up and tie-strangling methods."
[12:08] * Sparkles hefts her hammer "I will smash."
[12:09] <Mister_Cavern> And with that, the clerk wanders off.
[12:09] * @Crystal glares around looking for climbers to hit
[12:09] <Barzini> <Johnny> *takes position at the ladder*
[12:11] * Sparkles initiates telepathic relay mode. "So, where do we *really* go from here?"
[12:12] * @Crystal telepathizes "Mebbee someone should shadow that clerk?"
[12:12] * Nasturtium thinks back "Well, someone should probably disable that alarm, and we may want to seal any exits, including cutting the elevator cable once we're up."
[12:13] * Barzini thinks back, "Johnny and Crystal won't fit in the elevator. Do any of us know how to disable the alarms and elevator?"
[12:14] <Nasturtium> "I can disable, I'll take a crack"
[12:14] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+15 disable alarm
[12:14] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+15 disable alarm : (10) 25
[12:14] * Barzini takes Rammy to go do patdowns.
[12:15] * Barzini observes the kind of people they're going to be running contraband on.
[12:17] <Mister_Cavern> The alarms are easily disabled: it's a button, so by removing the screws you can take the panel off, then cut the wire the button uses, then put the panel and screws back, and nobody will ever know
[12:18] *** Sparkles quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[12:18] * Barzini awaits the kinds of people he's going to be frisking to know what they'll be up against and what might be worth pickpocketing.
[12:19] <Nasturtium> (...I suddenly want to try and rig it with a curstree to curse people who push the button...)
[12:19] *** Quantumboost (androirc@Nightstar-7579fec2.sub-166-250-13.myvzw.com) joined
[12:19] *** Quantumboost_ (androirc@Nightstar-7579fec2.sub-166-250-13.myvzw.com) joined
[12:19] *** Quantumboost_ quit ([NS] Quit: AndroIRC - Android IRC Client ( http://www.androirc.com ))
[12:19] <Barzini> (Well, it would be for anyone trying to sound the alarms on us.)
[12:19] <Nasturtium> (yeah)
[12:19] <Barzini> (If you can pull it off, go for it)
[12:19] <Nasturtium> would that even be possible, in any way, MC?
[12:21] *** Quantumboost changed nick to Sparkles
[12:21] <Mister_Cavern> Sure, you can do that. It'll take a few minutes - to remove more panels and hide the tree - but it's doable
[12:21] <Nasturtium> Cool.
[12:21] <Nasturtium> what should I roll?
[12:21] <Mister_Cavern> Abuse Magic Device
[12:21] <Nasturtium> sounds about right.
[12:22] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+9
[12:22] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+9 : (19) 28
[12:26] *** Sparkles quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[12:28] * @Crystal blinks
[12:30] * Nasturtium pokes at the machine
[12:30] <Mister_Cavern> Click!
[12:30] <Mister_Cavern> It now makes a "whoooooo" noise for a bit, and settles down. The button is cursed.
[12:31] <Nasturtium> sweet.
[12:31] <Nasturtium> Glad we kept lugging one of those around
[12:32] * Nasturtium thinks "Come on crew, lets go bag us some executives"
[12:35] *** Quantumboost (androirc@Nightstar-7579fec2.sub-166-250-13.myvzw.com) joined
[12:35] *** Quantumboost changed nick to Sparkles
[12:37] <Sparkles> (Bluh, need more dots in Correspondence)
[12:37] <Mister_Cavern> So, which way? There are doors (including the Frisking Door), and the lift.
[12:37] <Mister_Cavern> As for Barzini, are you actually guarding the door and looking around for people to pat down?
[12:38] <Barzini> (Yeah, was trying to figure out who would be coming through that door. Like employees, guests, whatever. Also to figure out whether to be stealing wallets, sensitive data, or panties.)
[12:38] <Nasturtium> How many doors other than the frisking door?
[12:38] <Nasturtium> the answer, Barz, is all three
[12:38] * Sparkles examines the lift for shiny things
[12:39] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+19 Sleight of Hand - stealing wallets, EvilCorp Intel, and bras. Also, stealing the androids themselves if any are trying to pass through
[12:39] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+19 Sleight of Hand - stealing wallets, EvilCorp Intel, and bras. Also, stealing the androids themselves if any are trying to pass through : (16) 35
[12:40] <Sparkles> !dice 1d20+5 elevator parts scavenging
[12:40] <Yuffie> Sparkles : Result of 1d20+5 elevator parts scavenging : (16) 21
[12:40] <Mister_Cavern> There are two other doors, though admittedly, one of them is just to the restrooms. The other apparently leads to the Evil Data Storage and Malicious Filing, and has a keycard lock.
[12:41] <Nasturtium> Lets hit the elevator
[12:41] * Nasturtium thinks to the crew "lets bar exits and shit, and head up"
[12:42] <Mister_Cavern> Elevator: by searching the floor and pulling the mats off, it seems some people have dropped loose change, one has dropped their Floors 1-17 Security Clearance Keycard, and there's also a screwdriver
[12:42] <Mister_Cavern> !dice 4d6 Hell
[12:42] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 4d6 Hell : 7
[12:42] <Mister_Cavern> cheapskates
[12:43] * Sparkles drinks the screwdriver and pockets the keycard
[12:43] * Sparkles also adds the change to the party inventory
[12:44] * Barzini and Rammy have a fake lightsaber battle with the metal detectors.
[12:45] <Mister_Cavern> The screwdriver is the metal thing used to remove screws.
[12:45] <Mister_Cavern> Now, as for who is going through...
[12:45] * Sparkles equips it and is disappointed
[12:46] <Mister_Cavern> A few people go past, but not many people actually want to go through the door, heading instead for other places. One Magic Knight needs to go through, so ends up losing money and a D-cup bra
[12:46] <Mister_Cavern> !dice 5d10 Hell
[12:46] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 5d10 Hell : 11
[12:47] <Barzini> "Rammy, it's time for my break, cover for me."
[12:47] <Mister_Cavern> And if you give pat-downs even to people who are going past the door, then you also end up with a few automatic pistols and flick-knives, some nunchucks, a briefcase full of polonium, an Evil Postcard and an Evil Black Thong
[12:48] <Barzini> ( :O )
[12:48] <Barzini> (with a haul like that how can I refuse)
[12:48] <Sparkles> (That like anti-Angel Panties?)
[12:49] <Mister_Cavern> ...sure
[12:49] <Sparkles> (...why am I suddenly imagining Barzini running around with a santa sack of undergarments)
[12:50] <Sparkles> (MAKE THIS HAPPEN)
[12:50] <Nasturtium> (lol, his college days, I'm sure)
[12:50] <Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20 the random thing that the Evil Black Thong increases
[12:50] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20 the random thing that the Evil Black Thong increases : 10
[12:51] * Barzini heads to the Evil Data Storage, now with bunchy lumps in his pockets and under his clothes. Yes, also while wearing Groucho glasses.
[12:51] <Mister_Cavern> Fire Resistance. Because it's already as Hot as can be, sure. It also allows the wearer to cast Tasha's Hideous Laughter (Charisma-based) at will. See: Naga (Slayers)
[12:52] <Barzini> (Nooo, Vita will not be going "OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO")
[12:52] <Mister_Cavern> Right, so the Magic Knight is in the Evil Data Storage room, going through a filing cabinet. She has already stabbed a Mimic (filing cabinet) to death it seems, and is going through the REAL one.
[12:53] <Mister_Cavern> And yes, had you guys gone there first, you would have had mimic-fighting gun
[12:53] <Mister_Cavern> *fun
[12:53] * Barzini just gawks at the dead Mimic with a "D:" sort of expression on his face.
[12:53] <Nasturtium> I'd love a mimic-fighting gun
[12:53] <@Crystal> (( well you don't want to melee with them ))
[12:54] <Mister_Cavern> "M... M... Murders, here we go... Murders, double-homicide... where the fuck is it?"
[12:55] <Barzini> "Uh, what are you looking for?"
[12:56] <Barzini> (Wow just looking at the still images of Magic Knight sprites I can already see them jiggling...)
[12:57] <Mister_Cavern> "I need to get the invoice on the Dread Tide double-homicide and check them against our billing. Can you get me a coffee?" She doesn't even turn to see who it is.
[12:57] <Barzini> "Sure thing."
[12:58] * Barzini heads out and does in fact look for the coffee machine.
[12:58] <Barzini> (And yes, I am going somewhere with this~)
[13:00] *** Sparkles quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[13:01] *** Quantumboost (androirc@Nightstar-7579fec2.sub-166-250-13.myvzw.com) joined
[13:01] * Barzini will just stop by the elevator and the ladder shaft if none are in plain sight. "Captain, got any poisons? / Crystal, what's the hardest booze you're carrying?"
[13:01] <Quantumboost> I
[13:01] *** Quantumboost changed nick to Sparkles
[13:01] * @Crystal crystal might still have the vodka from the cafeteria
[13:01] <Nasturtium> "hmmm fresh out... unless I can get my turtles in here... any water features in the office?"
[13:02] * Barzini blinks, "If there's a coffee maker somewhere there ought to be a water cooler maybe..?"
[13:02] * Sparkles sneaks Barzini some sandwiches in case he can use them
[13:03] <Nasturtium> "Hard to justify summoning medium snapping turtles in a water cooler... I need a fountain or something"
[13:04] * Barzini gives Nast the pistols and Sparkles the nunchucks and switchblades. Will hold onto that polonium briefcase, it's good for the Netherworld to be a nuclear power...
[13:05] <Mister_Cavern> There is indeed a coffee machine. Apparently it just makes "coffee". No choice of what kind, not even a choice regarding sugar, milk etc
[13:06] <Barzini> "I gotta give some coffee to this knight in the data room..."
[13:06] <Sparkles> (Maybe some of them are rufie sandwiches? :/)
[13:07] <Sparkles> (Wait no that's stupid)
[13:07] <Mister_Cavern> Well, Crystal does still have some vodka
[13:08] <Nasturtium> (hmmm... coffee made with vodka instead of water...)
[13:08] * Barzini runs to the coffee maker to pour some decaf, and then runs back to Crystal for the spiking.
[13:08] <GX> (Pretty sure the vodka would evaporate from the heat, IRL)
[13:09] <Nasturtium> (damn)
[13:09] <@Crystal> (( that's now illegal to sell here in PA ))
[13:09] <Barzini> (Odd, vodka in coffee has come up in sitcoms more than a few times.)
[13:09] <GX> (He said instead of water, though)
[13:09] <Nasturtium> (probably because vodka is like people's favourite spirit for some reason)
[13:10] <Barzini> (Ahhh, right right.)
[13:11] <Barzini> (Otherwise, Crystal could use her frost giant powers to chill the cup.)
[13:11] <Sparkles> (I prefer fire spirits)
[13:12] <Nasturtium> (firewater spirits?)
[13:12] <@Crystal> (( sadly online info says alcohol's evaporate temp is 79 C and coffee is brewed at 88 C or hotter --- but I'm pretty sure I've owned coffee makers with weaker heating elements ))
[13:13] <Nasturtium> ((that's actually really disappointing then, damn))
[13:14] <@Crystal> (( also Vodka is only ~40% alcohol, so the actual point should be a bit higher...still it's flammable so that's not something I'm gonna go try right now ))
[13:14] <Barzini> "Thanks Crystal!"
[13:14] * Barzini returns to the magic knight with spiked decaf.
[13:15] <@Crystal> "Anytime Barzibebe"
[13:15] <Mister_Cavern> "Thanks." She reaches over, takes it, and starts drinking, finally finding the right file. "Aha! I thought so! We gave them a discount we weren't supposed to!"
[13:15] * @Crystal takes a slug from vodka bottle and pads after Barz
[13:15] <Barzini> "Do you want more coffee? In case you're feeling a little... tired still?"
[13:17] * Barzini casually starts flipping through the "C" for "Coup d'etat"
[13:17] <Mister_Cavern> There are many Coups d'etat, as it turns out.
[13:18] <Mister_Cavern> "Actually... come to think of it I am getting a little drowsy, I think I might need more..."
[13:18] * Barzini tries to spy anything Overlord related or Netherworld relat-- he puts his hands behind his back quickly, "Yes ma'am!"
[13:19] * Barzini heads out, thank goodness Crystal followed. "More coffee."
[13:19] * Barzini blinks.
[13:20] * Nasturtium eyes the office, sizing up whether the entrances could be effectively blocked
[13:20] <Barzini> "Hey Cr-- Professional Ogre Coworker, can you fit through that door?"
[13:22] <Mister_Cavern> (She can)
[13:22] * Barzini indicates the door to the data room.
[13:22] <Barzini> "Let's just beat her up, I could use more busty vassals."
[13:22] * @Crystal grunts in the affirmitive
[13:23] <Sparkles> (She'd go well with that bra you acquired <_<)
[13:23] <Barzini> (Indeed!)
[13:23] <Mister_Cavern> (The bra you acquired... from her)
[13:23] <@Crystal> (( hence the joke ))
[13:24] <Nasturtium> ("be my minion and you can have your underwear back. Also these panties I found")
[13:24] <Sparkles> ("That's pretty much the entire uniform really")
[13:24] * Barzini goes back in the data room and greets the knight with a surprise Orb of Electricty.
[13:25] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+19
[13:25] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+19 : (3) 22
[13:25] * @Crystal thinkagrams "Well if you want to take her quietly I could ---Oh nevermind "
[13:25] <Barzini> !dice 10d6+10 DC 20 fort save or Entangled
[13:25] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 10d6+10 DC 20 fort save or Entangled : 43
[13:28] <Mister_Cavern> Ouch. Well, she finds the situation...
[13:28] * Mister_Cavern sunglasses.gif
[13:28] <Mister_Cavern> ...shocking
[13:28] <Sparkles> YEEEEEEEEEEAAHHHHHHH
[13:28] <Mister_Cavern> In fact, you now need to add a crime to the records, of Assault...
[13:28] * Mister_Cavern sunglasses.gif
[13:28] <Mister_Cavern> ...and battery
[13:29] <Mister_Cavern> Anyway. It isn't a KO, but it clearly has ruffled her, so a save is in order
[13:29] <Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+8
[13:29] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+8 : (12) 20
[13:30] <Mister_Cavern> She turns, hair frizzled, and starts to draw her sword. Initiative time for you two.
[13:30] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+6 Init. Darn, I'd use Intimidate on her if I wasn't wearing Groucho glasses...
[13:30] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+6 Init. Darn, I'd use Intimidate on her if I wasn't wearing Groucho glasses... : (13) 19
[13:30] <@Crystal> !dice 1d20+5 initiating
[13:30] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d20+5 initiating : (4) 9
[13:32] <@Crystal> !dice 1d20+5 spending other Jutsu point to reroll init
[13:32] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d20+5 spending other Jutsu point to reroll init : (7) 12
[13:32] <Barzini> "Ah... wow, you're strong!"
[13:35] <Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+1
[13:35] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+1 : (1) 2
[13:36] <Mister_Cavern> Well, it appears Barzini goes first, then Crystal, then the MagiKnight
[13:36] <Sparkles> (Clearly the booze plan worked)
[13:37] <Barzini> "Well, uh, you see, ma'am... what I meant to say, was, I just thought that since you were tired... I could... wake you up a little bit... instead of, you know, waiting for the pot to brew more coffee, and... uh, ah hell with it."
[13:37] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+19 Orb of Electricity Part 2: Electric Boogaloo
[13:37] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+19 Orb of Electricity Part 2: Electric Boogaloo : (15) 34
[13:37] <Barzini> !dice 10d6+10 DC 20 fort save or Entangled
[13:37] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 10d6+10 DC 20 fort save or Entangled : 28
[13:40] <Mister_Cavern> And that is enough for her to fall dazed to the ground. "owwww"
[13:41] * Barzini places a leather collar around the magic knight's neck so she gets the memo when she awakens, and gets back to looking for any dealings with the previous Overlord Evilcorp might have had.
[13:44] * Nasturtium pokes her head in to the file room "you guys ok?"
[13:44] <Mister_Cavern> There isn't anything under Coups de'tat at least
[13:44] * Sparkles ensures the new recruit is stable
[13:45] <Barzini> "Just barely."
[13:45] <Mister_Cavern> Yeah, stable, but uncomfortable
[13:45] <Mister_Cavern> Luckily, when she fell forward, she didn't land on her face. Her impact was cushioned rather well.
[13:45] * Barzini takes a quick flip through "O" starting from the end to see if there's any Overlord stuff there before getting down to business.
[13:46] <Mister_Cavern> There is no "Overlord" category, it seems
[13:46] <Nasturtium> how mobile are the filing cabinets?
[13:46] * Barzini begins to wonder if there was even an Overlord before him...
[13:47] <Mister_Cavern> They could be carried, but are kind of heavy
[13:47] * Barzini goes back into C for "Chief Executive Officer"
[13:47] <Nasturtium> cool.
[13:48] <Nasturtium> "So are we going to keep fucking with the files, or do what we came here to do?"
[13:49] <Barzini> "I thought we'd do both, in case beating up the guy on the top floor of this building turns out to be a mistake."
[13:49] * @Crystal "meditates on the remainder of the vodka bottle to recharge Jutsu
[13:49] <Nasturtium> "Since when has kicking executive asses been a mistake?"
[13:49] <Mister_Cavern> Nope - it looks like the files are by crime
[13:49] <Nasturtium> "Besides, all the really interesting stuff will be in his files"
[13:50] <Barzini> "Yeah, I guess you're right. If we screwed up the elevator how will we get to the top now?"
[13:50] *** Quantumboost_ (androirc@Nightstar-07a82773.wa.comcast.net) joined
[13:50] <Nasturtium> "We haven't yet, have we?"
[13:50] * @Crystal can like totally fly
[13:50] <Nasturtium> that too
[13:50] <Quantumboost_> "The possibility exists that the ass in question is not executive"
[13:50] <Barzini> "Right, let's do this."
[13:51] <Nasturtium> "lets go, crew!"
[13:51] * Quantumboost_ goes
[13:52] * Barzini takes a quick glance back at the magic knight on his way out, "You're not the best android ever, but I bet you can fight when you're sober. See ya later!"
[13:52] * Barzini heads for the elevator shaft or the window or the $!STAIRS.
[13:53] * Nasturtium heads for elevator
[13:53] *** Sparkles quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[13:54] *** Quantumboost_ changed nick to Sparkles
[13:54] <Mister_Cavern> The elevator hums with annoying music as it glides up, one glass wall overseeing the entire theme park
[13:55] * Nasturtium opens the maintenance hatch in the ceiling of the elevator, to shoot the cable on their way out of it
[13:55] <Mister_Cavern> Do you go straight to the top?
[13:55] <Nasturtium> hm... do we have any idea of the layout?
[13:56] <Nasturtium> of the building?
[13:56] <Mister_Cavern> Knowledge... Dungeoneering?
[13:56] *** Nasturtium quit ([NS] Quit: Nightstar's Java Chat http://www.nightstar.net)
[13:56] *** NSJavaGuest-6897 (NSJavaIRC@Nightstar-86052984.scrm01.sbcglobal.net) joined
[13:56] *** NSJavaGuest-6897 changed nick to Prak
[13:56] <Prak> I don't have it, anyone else?
[13:57] <Barzini> (Nay, all my K is in Planes.)
[13:57] <Sparkles> Planes and Religion here
[13:58] * @Crystal has but 1 rank in Knowledges, and that ain't dungeoneering
[13:58] <Mister_Cavern> Okay then, you don't know about the layout of the place
[13:58] <Prak> well crap
[13:58] <Prak> hm... check out each floor? How many floors is it?
[13:58] * @Crystal knows we're in an elevator
[13:58] <Sparkles> What about our new minion?
[13:59] * @Crystal thought we left her uconscious downstairs
[14:00] * Sparkles has magic healy powers and an elevator
[14:00] <Mister_Cavern> Twenty floors~
[14:03] <@Crystal> "Well obviously we need to tip the elevator over"
[14:05] <Sparkles> "Or I could reverse the polarity"
[14:07] <Mister_Cavern> ...I need to go afk for a bit, as I'm getting shown where the office is for job tomorrow. Should be under an hour
[14:07] * @Crystal (( groans, but will be up late tonite anyways ))
[14:08] <Prak> hm, well, if Barz is sure she'll be instantly loyal, than I have no problem with reviving her and pumping her for information
[14:09] <Barzini> (It's worked for us thus far, and being the MFing Overlord ought to be worth at least a humble circumstance bonus.)
[14:10] <Prak> no worries
[14:10] <Prak> I need to make dinner anyway
[14:14] *** Sparkles quit (Client closed the connection)
[14:14] *** Sparkles (androirc@Nightstar-07a82773.wa.comcast.net) joined
[14:15] <Sparkles> I need to get up early tomorrow, so you guys will have to put Sparkles on healbot or something
[14:20] <Mister_Cavern> ack
[14:20] <Mister_Cavern> I am back already
[14:20] <@Crystal> (( well that was quick...I didn't even get to making a schnappsdae ))
[14:21] <Mister_Cavern> So, I should be able to negotiate getting Wednesdays off (as a volunteer worker, there's some leeway there after all). Should we call it here, with you guys on the lift?
[14:22] * @Crystal (( will be up late regardless ))
[14:23] <Sparkles> I can stick it out another hour or so
[14:23] <Barzini> (Heh, the break turned out to be perfect. I took that time to get some of the dust and such out of my keyboard and at about when I finished up, the MC returned. And now my keyboard is quieter and feels good again.)
[14:23] <Sparkles> If thats enough
[14:24] <Mister_Cavern> I'm thinking this might be a good opportunity to leave off - and go for the final stretch meeting with the Board of Directors (and whatever that entails) next session.
[14:24] <Barzini> (ok)
[14:24] <Mister_Cavern> And that way I can also take the dog for a walk and then go shopping (the stores are a more significant walking distance here).
[14:25] <Mister_Cavern> So thank you all for rocking up on time and providing an entertaining session of messing around. So what lies in store for the party next week? Tune in two weeks from now and realise you were a week too late!
[14:25] <Mister_Cavern> So instead, tune in next week on Tengen Toppa Friendship Punch!
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

[13:30] <&Mister_Cavern> When last we left off, the team had successfully infiltrated the HQ of EvilCorp Co. Pty. Ltd. Inc. LLC PLC DBA "Totally Not The Villains National Trust PLC"
[13:31] <Crystal> (( needs to relocate lappy...will brb ))
[13:31] <&Mister_Cavern> You had subdued and befriended a magic knight, after frisking her, and had also sabotaged the alarm system and looted a few random things. There seemed to be no files on Overlords.
[13:31] <&Mister_Cavern> (oki)
[13:32] <Nasturtium> I believe we were headed upwards?
[13:32] <&Mister_Cavern> Indeed, you had taken the lift - but to which floor?
[13:33] <Sparkles> Random permutation!
[13:33] <Nasturtium> oh yeah, that's right, we were considering just hitting every floor
[13:35] <&Mister_Cavern> If you want to do that, I am okay with assigning bizarre departments, encounters and loot to all of the floors that aren't the Board of Directors floor. So it's totally up to you guys
[13:35] <Nasturtium> so?
[13:35] <Sparkles> ((Do any of us have divination powerz?))
[13:36] * Crystal mashes buttons like a Tekken pro
[13:36] <&Mister_Cavern> (You guys rarely think about what you are doing (or just did), what makes you think you're aware of the future? :p
[13:36] <Nasturtium> ((my diviniation powers are typically "shoot and see if it answers questions after))
[13:37] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20 floor
[13:37] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20 floor : 10
[13:37] <&Mister_Cavern> The lift starts moving, humming a merry (annoying) tune. There is a jukebox though.
[13:38] * Sparkles sets the jukebox to play tinny NES game music
[13:38] <Crystal> "Whoa, spiffy. We get to choose our elevator music"
[13:39] <Nasturtium> "Wow, we definitely need to take over."
[13:39] <Crystal> (( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roHje14-K44 ))
[13:39] <&Mister_Cavern> Yep. Turns out it was set to "Earthworm Jim: Heck" (the level of Heck does indeed have elevator music. And lawyers). So it's set to Megaman NES or something
[13:41] * Nasturtium stands quietly facing the door, cleaning her gun idly
[13:41] <&Mister_Cavern> But eventually, the lift comes to a halt. The light above the keycard-swipe blinks, waiting for the keycard to be swiped
[13:42] <Nasturtium> "Someone grabbed a card, right?"
[13:42] * Crystal does 8-bit dance http://l-userpic.livejournal.com/75808644/14763501
[13:42] <&Mister_Cavern> Yes, one of you grabbed a card with authority for floors 1-17
[13:43] <Barzini> "Uh... I needed to swipe a card so we could swipe some cards?"
[13:43] <Nasturtium> "Swipe your card before they send a welcoming committy because we took too long"
[13:46] * Barzini checks his stolen goods for the card and tries swiping it?
[13:46] <Crystal> "But he already swiped it from the office!"
[13:48] <&Mister_Cavern> *bing!* The doors slide open. There is a short corridor, with windows on both sides, as well as a door on each side, and a door at the end. There seems to be a plaque on it.
[13:49] * Nasturtium completely ignores the plaque and looks for a non-written way to find out what the floor is
[13:49] <Nasturtium> "Don't read that, crew, could be explosive."
[13:50] * Sparkles takes
[13:50] <Sparkles> a
[13:50] * Barzini deadpans, "What makes you so sure?"
[13:50] <Sparkles> Chalk rubbing of the plaque
[13:51] * Crystal looks out a window
[13:51] <Nasturtium> "If I were protecting my building from invaders, I'd put explosive runes on anything they're likely to read and tell everyone who's supposed to be there not to read them"
[13:52] <Barzini> "But on a plaque it would just be silly. I could just take out my spyglass and read it from the other end of the hallway."
[13:52] <Nasturtium> "And if I hadn't pointed out the likelihood that it was explosive?"
[13:53] <Barzini> "Clear out, I think I'll do exactly that!"
[13:53] * Barzini stands in front of the elevator, takes out his spyglass, and tries to read the plaque from the other end of the hall.
[13:53] <&Mister_Cavern> Okay, so Sparkles takes a chalk rubbing: Department of Fearmongering Management. Kick door open without warning please.
[13:53] * Nasturtium gets the fuck out of the way of the plaque
[13:53] <&Mister_Cavern> And Barzini reads the same. There is no explosion, despite it being the perfect place for that
[13:54] * Barzini lowers his spyglass and grins, "Piece of cake, captain."
[13:54] <Nasturtium> "Hey, I don't have detect magic, I wanted to be safe"
[13:54] <Sparkles> "We'll have to make some upgrades, I guess"
[13:55] <Nasturtium> "Apparently so. I think the elevator floor buttons would be a good place, actually"
[13:55] <Sparkles> "Ooh, with grimlock bellhops!"
[13:56] <Nasturtium> "Not a bad idea"
[14:00] <Barzini> "So are we breaching, captain?"
[14:00] <Nasturtium> "Yep, lets find asses to kick and shit to take."
[14:00] <Nasturtium> "Er. don't think about the connection there... purely metaphorical"
[14:01] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+5 STR - kicking door down
[14:01] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+5 STR - kicking door down : (13) 18
[14:01] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+20 Intimidate "PUT YOUR HANDS UP WHERE I CAN SEE 'EM!!"
[14:01] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+20 Intimidate "PUT YOUR HANDS UP WHERE I CAN SEE 'EM!!" : (4) 24
[14:03] * Nasturtium covers Barz with pistols
[14:04] <Barzini> (Even if he did hit it hard enough to kick it open... he's still in the Groucho glasses...)
[14:05] <&Mister_Cavern> The door flies open, and the management (a bunch of ghosts... of course) turn at the noise
[14:06] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 6#1d20+10 Will Save
[14:06] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 6#1d20+10 Will Save : (20) 30 (6) 16 (7) 17 (1) 11 (8) 18 (3) 13
[14:06] <&Mister_Cavern> So one of them just waves his hand uncaringly, the others jump. "Ah! By Magog, that was a good entrance! We might just have a job for you."
[14:07] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+16 Intimidate "He said hands where we can see them, asswipe!"
[14:07] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+16 Intimidate "He said hands where we can see them, asswipe!" : (1) 17
[14:07] <Nasturtium> (...really, yuffie?)
[14:09] <Barzini> "What kind of job?"
[14:09] <&Mister_Cavern> For what it's worth, their hands are on the desk (aside from the hand that was waved). And the scared ones did raise their hands a little, in fright. So you can see their hands, they're just not terrified.
[14:09] * Barzini eyeballs their desk for any card keys.
[14:10] <&Mister_Cavern> "Fearmongering of course. We need help in scaring children."
[14:11] <Nasturtium> "How much back pay do you have for 'im? He's been doing it for years."
[14:15] <&Mister_Cavern> "...back pay? What do we look like, FriendlyCorp?"
[14:15] <Nasturtium> "Hey, he's been doing the job you're offering him..."
[14:15] <Nasturtium> Nasturtium will kind of relax, lowering her guns
[14:15] <Nasturtium> and then shoot the lead ghost
[14:15] <Sparkles> "Can we call it that after we're in charge?"
[14:16] <Nasturtium> "Yes Sparkles, yes we can"
[14:16] <Barzini> "Is this job on the 20th floor by chance?"
[14:16] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+20 Scorching Ray pistol
[14:16] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+20 Scorching Ray pistol : (17) 37
[14:20] * Crystal guesses that means we're not taking their job offer after all
[14:23] <&Mister_Cavern> Well, that hits, so go for damage
[14:23] <Nasturtium> !dice 4d6+6
[14:23] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 4d6+6 : 19
[14:24] <Nasturtium> (hey, the plan is to take over, so we're taking better jobs)
[14:27] <&Mister_Cavern> Well you know what that means
[14:27] <Nasturtium> initiative?
[14:28] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+7 Team Leader
[14:28] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+7 Team Leader : (13) 20
[14:28] <&Mister_Cavern> yep
[14:28] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+6 init
[14:28] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+6 init : (14) 20
[14:28] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+6
[14:28] <Sparkles> !dice 1d20 init
[14:28] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+6 : (20) 26
[14:28] <Yuffie> Sparkles : Result of 1d20 init : 2
[14:28] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+6
[14:28] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+6 : (20) 26
[14:28] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+7 buddies
[14:28] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+7 buddies : (4) 11
[14:28] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+2 weakest
[14:28] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+2 weakest : (18) 20
[14:29] <Crystal> !dice 1d20+5 initiating
[14:29] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d20+5 initiating : (18) 23
[14:30] <&Mister_Cavern> Nasturtium, Crystal, Team Leader, Barzini, Weakest, Sparkles - Go Nasturtles!
[14:31] <Nasturtium> !dice 2#1d20+20 first attack with each pistol (SC/DW)
[14:31] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 2#1d20+20 first attack with each pistol (SC/DW) : (8) 28 (11) 31
[14:31] <Nasturtium> !dice 2#1d20+15 second attacks
[14:31] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 2#1d20+15 second attacks : (17) 32 (20) 35
[14:32] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+15 Confirm crit
[14:32] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+15 Confirm crit : (16) 31
[14:34] <Nasturtium> shooting same one as before
[14:34] <&Mister_Cavern> Do you have ranks in Know: Religion?
[14:34] <Nasturtium> yep, 8
[14:35] <&Mister_Cavern> Your ability to tell Brahma from Buddha spells bad news for the leader - he'
[14:35] <&Mister_Cavern> s not a standard Ghost, he's actually a Spectre/
[14:35] <Nasturtium> ah, cool
[14:35] <&Mister_Cavern> (or rather, he used to be - roll damage)
[14:36] <Nasturtium> how many hit, just that one?
[14:36] <&Mister_Cavern> Nope, all hit
[14:36] <Nasturtium> oh, sweet
[14:36] <&Mister_Cavern> #dice 4#1d2 is it Super Effective?
[14:36] <&Mister_Cavern> er
[14:36] <Nasturtium> lol
[14:36] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 4#1d2
[14:36] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 4#1d2 : 1 2 2 2
[14:36] <&Mister_Cavern> Okay, that first one didn't hit
[14:37] <Nasturtium> aww
[14:37] <Nasturtium> !dice 4d6+6 SR
[14:37] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 4d6+6 SR : 20
[14:37] <Nasturtium> !dice 9d6+18 1 standard, 1 crit DW
[14:37] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 9d6+18 1 standard, 1 crit DW : 51
[14:37] <&Mister_Cavern> It's super effective!
[14:38] <&Mister_Cavern> Wild Spectre fainted!
[14:38] <Nasturtium> Allocate Jutsu to attack and damage, activate monk fighting style, Rammy will hit a mook with Wind Blast
[14:38] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+10
[14:38] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+10 : (17) 27
[14:39] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+5
[14:39] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+5 : (12) 17
[14:40] <&Mister_Cavern> They both hit. Is it Super Effective against ghosts, or is there a miss chance?
[14:40] <Nasturtium> Sonic damage, ranged touch
[14:40] <Nasturtium> so, I think there is?
[14:42] <&Mister_Cavern> Okay...
[14:42] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 2#1d2
[14:42] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 2#1d2 : 2 1
[14:42] <&Mister_Cavern> Right, one blast hits
[14:42] <Nasturtium> !dice 5d4
[14:42] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 5d4 : 12
[14:42] <&Mister_Cavern> Okay, not quite a KO
[14:43] <&Mister_Cavern> So, Crystal!
[14:43] <Nasturtium> damned ghosts
[14:43] <Crystal> "Time for slicing and icing!"
[14:44] * Crystal moves in and attacks most reachable ghosts
[14:44] <Sparkles> ((I've got something special for any would-be survivors))
[14:45] <Crystal> !dice 1d20+21 Ninja Sword
[14:45] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d20+21 Ninja Sword : (9) 30
[14:45] <Crystal> !dice 1d2 miss chance if apploicable
[14:45] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d2 miss chance if apploicable : 2
[14:46] <Crystal> !dice 2d8+24 slashing and
[14:46] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 2d8+24 slashing and : 27
[14:46] <Crystal> !dice 1d6+9 cold damage
[14:46] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d6+9 cold damage : 12
[14:46] <Crystal> (( assuming that was a hit ))
[14:47] <&Mister_Cavern> One of them gets iaijutsu'd in half, yep
[14:47] <Crystal> !dice 1d20+21 BoBBB
[14:47] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d20+21 BoBBB : (11) 32
[14:48] <Crystal> !dice 1d20+21 confirm (yay Signature Style abuse)
[14:48] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d20+21 confirm (yay Signature Style abuse) : (20) 41
[14:48] <Crystal> !dice 1d2 miss chance
[14:48] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d2 miss chance : 1
[14:50] <&Mister_Cavern> swoosh
[14:51] * Crystal activates monk style For Great AC and is done
[14:54] <&Mister_Cavern> Go, Barzini!
[14:55] * Barzini unleashes Chain Lightning.
[14:55] <Barzini> !dice 10d6 DC 21 reflex for half, secondary targets take half of whatever primary targets get
[14:55] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 10d6 DC 21 reflex for half, secondary targets take half of whatever primary targets get : 36
[15:01] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 2#1d20+4 (the first two dudes who are in the line of the main blast)
[15:01] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 2#1d20+4 (the first two dudes who are in the line of the main blast) : (2) 6 (13) 17
[15:01] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 2#1d2 ghost
[15:01] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 2#1d2 ghost : 2 1
[15:01] <&Mister_Cavern> Wild Wraith Fainted! / Wild Wraith avoided the attack!
[15:02] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 2#1d20+3 mooks
[15:02] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 2#1d20+3 mooks : (14) 17 (8) 11
[15:02] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 2#1d2
[15:02] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 2#1d2 : 1 2
[15:02] <&Mister_Cavern> Wild Shadow fainted! / Wild Shadow avoided the attack!
[15:03] <&Mister_Cavern> There is a crackle and a BOOM, and two of the ghosts seem to burst into plasma and fade out. The other two seem unharmed. There are now only two enemies: a shadow and a wraith. These guys don't stand...
[15:03] * Mister_Cavern sunglasses.gif
[15:03] <&Mister_Cavern> ...a ghost of a chance
[15:03] <Barzini> (and done.)
[15:05] <&Mister_Cavern> The Shadow slides over, reaching out to touch Barzini. Not in an inappropriate way though.
[15:05] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+5 touch attack
[15:05] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+5 touch attack : (16) 21
[15:05] <Barzini> (touched)
[15:05] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d6 Strength damage
[15:05] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d6 Strength damage : 3
[15:06] <&Mister_Cavern> He feels a chill run through his body as his energy is sapped.
[15:07] <&Mister_Cavern> The Wraith then glances about, then decides Sparkles is too positive for its liking.
[15:07] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+7 touch
[15:07] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+7 touch : (16) 23
[15:07] <&Mister_Cavern> (flat-footed touch, actually)
[15:07] <Sparkles> Hits
[15:08] <&Mister_Cavern> Is Sparkles actually immune to negative crap though?
[15:08] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d4 damage oh noes!
[15:08] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d4 damage oh noes! : 4
[15:08] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d6 Constitution Drain
[15:08] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d6 Constitution Drain : 4
[15:09] <Sparkles> ((Negative energy based?))
[15:09] <&Mister_Cavern> yep
[15:09] <&Mister_Cavern> The wraith tries to cancel her positivity out with its own negativity. This might have some serious effect, or it might do fuck-all
[15:09] <Nasturtium> Sparkles is a font of positivity
[15:10] * Sparkles slightly dims from "broad daylight" to "sunlamp". Then goes to "oh god my eyes".
[15:11] <&Mister_Cavern> The Wraith thought it was clever, targeting its opposite like that, because "Surely if Fire is super-effective against [Cold] and vice versa, this should be awesome!", but it turns out it's actually like throwing matches at the ocean
[15:11] <&Mister_Cavern> Sparkles, your turn!
[15:11] <Sparkles> !dice 1d20+7 GREATER TURNING
[15:11] <Yuffie> Sparkles : Result of 1d20+7 GREATER TURNING : (18) 25
[15:12] <Sparkles> !dice 2d6+17 total hit dice go asplode
[15:12] <Yuffie> Sparkles : Result of 2d6+17 total hit dice go asplode : 23
[15:14] <Sparkles> ((Up to 14 HD individuals))
[15:17] <&Mister_Cavern> It's Super Effective!
[15:18] <&Mister_Cavern> There is a brilliant burst of light, and when everyone's eyesight returns to normal, there are no more ghosts. Just scorch marks.
[15:18] <Nasturtium> "Gods damn, Sparkles, you really are a little ray of sunlight, aren't you?"
[15:19] * Crystal applauds
[15:19] <Barzini> "Bright..."
[15:19] <Sparkles> "You have no idea how true that is, Captain."
[15:20] <Sparkles> "Even now."
[15:20] <Barzini> "Yuck, can you un negative their gross touch?"
[15:20] * Sparkles lesser restores Barzitone
[15:20] <Nasturtium> "Did it feel inappropriate, Barz?"
[15:20] * Crystal begins rifling through desks
[15:21] <Barzini> "Thanks Sparkles."
[15:21] <Sparkles> !dice 1d4 plus all fatigue is gone
[15:21] <Yuffie> Sparkles : Result of 1d4 plus all fatigue is gone : 3
[15:21] <Barzini> (Perfect.)
[15:21] * Nasturtium rifles around as well
[15:22] <Barzini> "Being touched by those things is never appropriate!"
[15:23] * Crystal uses actual rifle
[15:24] <Sparkles> "Necrophilia is an acquired taste I guess. I wouldn't know since... well."
[15:24] * Crystal tried to recall the saying for that
[15:25] <Crystal> "Well Cap'n, they say "once you go undead, you never leave the bed'"
[15:25] <Nasturtium> "Well, dead girls don't say no..."
[15:26] <&Mister_Cavern> The business suits were ghostly, and died with the ghosts, however the table, chairs and decorations are all real. There's one of those silly... things with the metal balls dangling. There are also documents on reactions to various scary things.
[15:27] <&Mister_Cavern> Finally, there's a remote. Probably for the wide-screen TV up in the corner of the room.
[15:27] <Sparkles> "Dated a vampire once, but with how they react to sunlight..."
[15:27] * Barzini looks for a card key, but pauses to swipe the documents on reactions to scary things. "This will come in handy for my new place."
[15:27] <Nasturtium> (Newton's Cradle)
[15:28] <Nasturtium> computers?
[15:28] * Sparkles tries to hack the TV via the remote by pressing arbitrary buttons
[15:29] * Crystal sets the metal balls back into clickity clackity motion
[15:30] <&Mister_Cavern> The TV can tune in to all 616 channels on the Evil Network
[15:31] <&Mister_Cavern> clickity-clackity-clickity-clackity! The sound makes Barzini feel a little unwell
[15:31] <Barzini> "... no keycard anywhere. Can we go now?"
[15:32] <Crystal> "If they had any taste, they woulda had a snowglobe instead!"
[15:32] <Nasturtium> "Anyone see a directory to floor levels?
[15:37] <Crystal> "Weren't their other doors?"
[15:38] <&Mister_Cavern> (yes, in the corridor)
[15:38] <&Mister_Cavern> (also, brb, time for a cup of tea)
[15:43] <Nasturtium> (...I wonder what kind of shows the Evil Network has...)
[15:45] <Crystal> (( likely Teletubbies, Infomercials, Hannity ))
[15:45] <Crystal> (( and the final episode of every series you ever like that was cancelled after a cliffhanger season finale ))
[15:46] <Nasturtium> ((see, I was expecting really good porn))
[15:47] <&Mister_Cavern> (Okay, I return)
[15:47] <Sparkles> ((That's absurd))
[15:48] <Sparkles> ((It would be really EVIL porn))
[15:48] <Nasturtium> ((Right, that's what I said))
[15:48] <&Mister_Cavern> Mostly they seem to be infomercials and reality TV and such
[15:48] <Nasturtium> So we look at the floor directory
[15:48] <&Mister_Cavern> What floor directory?
[15:49] <Nasturtium> ah, I misunderstood
[15:49] <Nasturtium> sorry, didn't see Crystal's question
[15:51] <&Mister_Cavern> So yes, there are two other doors in the corridor - and windows that let you see the rooms
[15:52] <&Mister_Cavern> To the left: children are sitting with things plugged into their brains, and images suddenly flash up on television screens.
[15:53] <&Mister_Cavern> To the right: people of various ages have things plugged into their brains and are blindfolded, and there are speakers. It's soundproofed so you don't know what they can hear.
[15:53] <Nasturtium> Fear studies, right then...
[15:54] <Nasturtium> Hmm... I suddenly want to scour this floor for an amulet of frightful presence or something...
[15:55] <Nasturtium> any other rooms we can see?
[16:00] <&Mister_Cavern> Nope, though they do have doors in those rooms - doors that probably lead to corridors that flank the room you were just in.
[16:01] <Nasturtium> Anyone other than test subjects in those rooms?
[16:02] <&Mister_Cavern> Appears to be a supervisor taking notes in both cases
[16:03] <Nasturtium> "Well crew? Shall we see what's in those other rooms?"
[16:04] <Crystal> "Aye Aye Cap'n!"
[16:05] <Sparkles> "By your command!"
[16:05] * Barzini heads through one of the tester rooms into deeper rooms.
[16:05] <Nasturtium> Nast will walk into the room with blindfolds
[16:07] <&Mister_Cavern> Sure. Everyone jumps at the sudden sound. It appears to shock them more than the rattling chains and eerie ghost noises.
[16:07] <&Mister_Cavern> "Oh, do you have the new tapes?" the supervisor asks
[16:08] <Nasturtium> Nast listens for a moment, "Yeah, I think I can give 'em a scary sound." and she'll shoot him in the face
[16:08] <Nasturtium> DW fire trap bullet
[16:08] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+20
[16:08] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+20 : (17) 37
[16:09] <Nasturtium> (hits, I assume?)
[16:09] <&Mister_Cavern> This one is not even a Ghost, he's a human. So it hits with no miss chance
[16:09] <Nasturtium> ah, ok
[16:09] <Nasturtium> !dice 2d6+2 normal
[16:09] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 2d6+2 normal : 8
[16:09] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d4+10 fire
[16:09] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d4+10 fire : 13
[16:10] <&Mister_Cavern> And he's down. He had fewer than 5 HP, for the record. The test subjects leap into the air, rather shocked by this
[16:10] <Nasturtium> "yeah, I think that did the trick." and proceeds through the door after taking a quick look for lootables
[16:11] * Barzini sees what's beyond the door with the kids doing their testing.
[16:14] <&Mister_Cavern> Okay, so you both go on through opposite doors. Both lead to corridors, but in this case, they're not as normal: Nasturtium's has dangling meathooks on chains, and blood spatters on the walls. Barzini's has uneven architecture and dim lighting, and a low-level mist.
[16:15] <Nasturtium> "Huh."
[16:15] * Crystal thinks for a mnnit, then follows Barztholomew
[16:15] <Nasturtium> Sparkles?
[16:16] <Barzini> "What have the fearmongerers been up to?"
[16:17] <Sparkles> ?
[16:17] <Nasturtium> who're you going with?
[16:17] * Sparkles goes with the captain to let the two lovebirds have some alone time ;3c
[16:18] <Nasturtium> Nast will pull a meathook and chain down from the ceiling if possible and take it with her
[16:19] <&Mister_Cavern> It doesn't take too much to pull from the ceiling. It could make an acceptable improvised Spiked Chain.
[16:19] <Nasturtium> That was the plan.
[16:19] <Nasturtium> Not that she's proficient, but just because I know there won't be a full level...
[16:20] <Nasturtium> and we'll continue down the corridoe
[16:20] <&Mister_Cavern> (Nonproficient penalty to hit, not magical by any stretch, but gains a +2 bonus to Trip/Disarm, and deals 1 Con damage per hit as it tears flesh open and causes bleeding)
[16:20] <Nasturtium> *corridor
[16:20] <Nasturtium> (cool)
[16:21] <Crystal> "Whooo. Spoooooky!"
[16:21] <&Mister_Cavern> The chains start to sway and clank a bit, but that's all. Through the opposite door is a dark room filled with webs. There seems to be something shiny in the background.
[16:22] * Barzini heads down the misty corridor.
[16:22] * Nasturtium Pulls out her moon blade and starts hacking through webs
[16:25] <&Mister_Cavern> Barzini's corridor doesn't seem to have the intended effect, and on the other side... a door opens into a hell-scarred barren room, with a chasm in the middle. It bellows fire and brimstone, and tendrils sometimes lash out.
[16:26] <Nasturtium> damn, he got the good one
[16:26] <&Mister_Cavern> As you hack through the webs, something is alerted to your presence...
[16:27] <Barzini> (is there enough space to fly over the chasm?)
[16:27] * Sparkles grimaces. "KNEW I should've gone with a motif other than Sailor Schoolgirl Uniform."
[16:27] <Barzini> "Looks nice! But I'm not protected against fire."
[16:29] <&Mister_Cavern> Yeah, there's enough space to fly over without getting burned.
[16:29] * Barzini does just that.
[16:29] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+18 AoO of tendril
[16:29] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+18 AoO of tendril : (4) 22
[16:29] <Crystal> "Watch out for the tendrils!"
[16:30] * Nasturtium looks around for spiders as she hacks through webs (has both moon blade and drill out)
[16:30] <Barzini> (Miss)
[16:30] <Barzini> "Whoa!"
[16:30] <&Mister_Cavern> An inky black tentacle flicks out, attempting to snap around Barzini's ankle, but it can't grab hold of him. It retreats, not wanting to be hacked away, and he ends up completely safe.
[16:31] <&Mister_Cavern> On the other side, there is the gleam of red eyes, suggesting something is indeed crawling about in the webbing on the ceiling.
[16:31] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d4 not telling
[16:31] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d4 not telling : 3
[16:32] * Barzini lands and breathes a sigh of relief once he's on his version of the other side, then checks it out.
[16:32] <Nasturtium> Nast will look around and try to judge the flammability of stuff in the rooms
[16:32] <Nasturtium> (Assuming a very for the webs)
[16:32] * Crystal holds swords for tentacle hacking, activates monk style and flies after Barzambonil
[16:35] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+18 grab Crystal?
[16:35] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+18 grab Crystal? : (18) 36
[16:36] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+13 Grapple~
[16:36] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+13 Grapple~ : (12) 25
[16:36] <Barzini> "Eh?"
[16:36] <&Mister_Cavern> The webs are the most flammable things in the room (fairly, yes)
[16:37] <Nasturtium> "Sparkles, out of the room," and Nast will back out as well
[16:37] <Crystal> !dice 1d20+20 opposed Grapple
[16:37] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d20+20 opposed Grapple : (10) 30
[16:37] <Crystal> (( yay for Large size! ))
[16:37] * Sparkles follows orders
[16:38] <Nasturtium> Nast will switch to her death whisper and fire a fire trap round into the room
[16:42] <&Mister_Cavern> It can't grab hold of Crystal - she pulls away and nearly takes it with her. It flicks back and sounds grumpy as all potential prey has escaped.
[16:43] <&Mister_Cavern> There is a flash of fire in the web room, as strands begin to burn, spreading fires.
[16:43] <Nasturtium> Nast will switch back to two melees, and wait for shit coming out
[16:44] <Crystal> "Awww... it sounds sad."
[16:44] <&Mister_Cavern> Nothing comes out - there is a loud screech of what might be anger or agony though.
[16:44] <Crystal> "Maybe we should go back and give it something to really cry about"
[16:44] * Nasturtium calmly waits for fires to die down
[16:45] <Barzini> "If we don't have another choice."
[16:46] * Barzini awaits what comes after the fire pit, trying not to think too hard about the return trip.
[16:48] <Crystal> "Hey Barz, got any marshmellows?"
[16:49] <Nasturtium> ((I believe he has a marshmellow hell following him, does he not?))
[16:49] <Barzini> "No, no marshmallows."
[16:50] * Crystal frowns
[16:51] <&Mister_Cavern> From the sound of it, the fires die down pretty quickly. On the other side of things, the door leads to a room full of giant gas tanks and pipes, with pressurisation chambers monitored by a Jack
[16:51] <Barzini> "All the cookies are gone too. All that's left is... something that doesn't count."
[16:51] * Barzini reaches into his inventory and pats his magical carrot cake. My preciouss.
[16:52] <Nasturtium> Is the shiny thing gone?
[16:53] * Barzini goes up to the Jack. "Uh, hello. Security here. What is this place?"
[16:56] <&Mister_Cavern> If you look in? Shiny thing is still there. As are the gleaming eyes. Except there are currently twenty eyes all in a cluster
[16:56] * Crystal ((is briefly afk))
[16:56] <Nasturtium> Fun, well, are the webs all cleared out?
[16:57] <&Mister_Cavern> The Jack spins about. "Ah! What are you doing here? You could contaminate things! All things with lungs and brains need to suit up in this kind of environment!"
[16:57] <&Mister_Cavern> Yep, webs are all gone
[16:57] <Nasturtium> "Shall we bust 20 eyed head, Sparkles?"
[16:57] <Nasturtium> "Actually, wait."
[16:57] <Barzini> "Really? So... what is this place, and where are the suits?"
[16:57] <Nasturtium> "Hi there, sorry about the webs, is this arachnophobia room, or what?"
[17:02] * Crystal isn't fond of wearing a suit
[17:05] <&Mister_Cavern> Looking at them more carefully in the dark, they appear to be probably driders. They all speak but with one voice. "Yes, this is the development of arachnophobia, and I have good news for you, on that front."
[17:06] <Nasturtium> "Nah, spiders aren't scary. Aphids, now those can be worrying..."
[17:06] <&Mister_Cavern> (meanwhile) "The suits are right over there!" he points to where the biohazard suits are. "And this is where we produce Fear Gas! Say... you should know these things if you work here... who are you?"
[17:06] <&Mister_Cavern> "Oh I assure you, spiders can be very scary, especially when we cast spells."
[17:07] * Barzini wiggles his fake Groucho mustache. "The security. We're new. So these are the machines that make fear gas?"
[17:07] <Nasturtium> "Yeah, and plants can be scary when we have guns"
[17:08] * Nasturtium sheathes her melee weapons and draws pistols
[17:11] <&Mister_Cavern> That'd be your Surprise Round, Nast - changing weapons. Because the spiders aren't stupid.
[17:11] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+9 Sense Motive for Jack
[17:11] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+9 Sense Motive for Jack : (20) 29
[17:11] <Barzini> ( D: )
[17:11] <&Mister_Cavern> Opposed by Bluff or Disguise
[17:12] <Nasturtium> right, that's fai
[17:12] <Nasturtium> r
[17:12] <Barzini> (Erk. I don't remember my Disguise result, it was made like three weeks ago with an Alter Self scroll and I'm not trained in either.
[17:12] <Barzini> )
[17:12] * Crystal would like to ask the Jack to make a DC 24 save vs racial Charm
[17:13] <Sparkles> ((Angels can be scary when we turn Aura of Menace on))
[17:13] <Nasturtium> how many driders are there?
[17:13] <&Mister_Cavern> Apparently ten Driders
[17:13] <Barzini> (Ah groovy, it was in the logs. My result was 31.)
[17:14] <Nasturtium> oh, ok
[17:14] <Barzini> ( [14:13] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+22 Disguise: Barzini in Groucho Glasses : (9) 31 )
[17:14] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+4 Will Save
[17:14] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+4 Will Save : (17) 21
[17:14] <&Mister_Cavern> So he believed it... and then was Charmed anyway.
[17:15] <&Mister_Cavern> "Oh, cool, the new security. Glad to hear that, the last lot were useless but you guys should be great. Yeah, we store the Fear Gas here."
[17:15] <&Mister_Cavern> (And at this point, with conversation starting on one side, combat on the other, I am going to have to sign out as it is just about dinner time)
[17:15] <Crystal> (( it's really late here ))
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Apparently I am "a cocktease".
[12:41] <&Mister_Cavern> So when we last left off, the party had split into two (we can do more damage that way!) in the Department of Scaremongering. Naturally there were ghosts there. One half is in a room full of Fear Gas canisters, speaking with an oblivious Jack. The other half... have a Drider on their hands.
[12:42] <&Mister_Cavern> Indeed, the Surprise Round was spent swapping weapons, so Nasturtium and Sparkles may want to roll Initiative. And to save on headaches, I'll handle the battle first and then swap to the other side for the conversation.
[12:42] <~Sparkles> !dice 1d20 init
[12:42] <Yuffie> Sparkles : Result of 1d20 init : 7
[12:43] <&Mister_Cavern> After all, when the party insists on splitting, it's their fault that they have to take turns playing Smash Brothers
[12:43] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+6
[12:43] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+6 : (1) 7
[12:43] <Nasturtium> fuck you, Yuffie
[12:43] <~Sparkles> SIMULTURN
[12:43] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+2 (let's see her roll a 5 for total 7)
[12:43] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+2 (let's see her roll a 5 for total 7) : (15) 17
[12:45] <&Mister_Cavern> There is the sound of electricity building up and arcing, a crackle... and then a BOOM! as a bolt of lightning is hurled through you both. This calls for DC 16 Reflex Saves
[12:45] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 6d6 Zap Damage
[12:45] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 6d6 Zap Damage : 23
[12:45] <Nasturtium> um, I can't fail
[12:45] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+15
[12:45] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+15 : (15) 30
[12:45] <~Sparkles> !dice 1d20+11
[12:45] <Yuffie> Sparkles : Result of 1d20+11 : (16) 27
[12:46] <&Mister_Cavern> So you each take 11 damage
[12:47] <&Mister_Cavern> That's its turn. Nasturtium, you're up!
[12:47] <Nasturtium> Full two gun attack
[12:47] <Nasturtium> !dice 2#1d20+20 SR/DW with DW bullets
[12:47] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 2#1d20+20 SR/DW with DW bullets : (9) 29 (9) 29
[12:48] <Nasturtium> !dice 2#1d20+15 SR/DW
[12:48] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 2#1d20+15 SR/DW : (15) 30 (11) 26
[12:48] <&Mister_Cavern> 1d10 first
[12:48] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d10 first
[12:48] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d10 first : 10
[12:48] <&Mister_Cavern> 1d10 second
[12:48] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d10 second
[12:48] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d10 second : 8
[12:48] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d9 third
[12:48] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d9 third : 3
[12:48] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d8 fourth
[12:48] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d8 fourth : 2
[12:49] <&Mister_Cavern> Okay, the first Scorching Ray hits the actual spider, and the other three shots make images blink out.
[12:49] <Nasturtium> huh.
[12:49] <Nasturtium> !dice 4d6+6
[12:49] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 4d6+6 : 20
[12:49] <Nasturtium> Allocate Jutsu to Atk/Dam, activate Monk Fighting style
[12:49] <&Mister_Cavern> And Rammy?
[12:50] *** AndroUser2 (androirc@Nightstar-07a82773.wa.comcast.net) joined
[12:51] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+10 Wind blast
[12:51] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+10 Wind blast : (11) 21
[12:51] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+5 second one
[12:51] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+5 second one : (17) 22
[12:51] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d7 first
[12:51] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d7 first : 4
[12:51] *** Quantumboost (androirc@Nightstar-07a82773.wa.comcast.net) joined
[12:51] *** ChanServ sets channel #arbitrarystring mode +qo Quantumboost Quantumboost
[12:52] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d6 second
[12:52] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d6 second : 3
[12:52] <&Mister_Cavern> So, two more images are blown away
[12:52] *** AndroUser2 quit ([NS] Quit: AndroIRC - Android IRC Client ( http://www.androirc.com ))
[12:52] <&Mister_Cavern> Now, Sparkles!
[12:52] *** Sparkles quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[12:53] <&Mister_Cavern> hrm
[12:53] <~Quantumboost> <Sparkles> "RAINBOW SHOOTER"
[12:53] *** Quantumboost changed nick to Sparkles
[12:53] * ~Sparkles fires off a total of three Rainbow Beams at the Drider
[12:54] <&Mister_Cavern> Go for it
[12:55] <~Sparkles> !dice 3#1d20+19
[12:55] <Yuffie> Sparkles : Result of 3#1d20+19 : (17) 36 (5) 24 (7) 26
[12:55] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d5 first
[12:55] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d5 first : 2
[12:55] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d4 second
[12:55] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d4 second : 3
[12:55] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d3 third
[12:55] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d3 third : 1
[12:55] <~Sparkles> (ranged touch)
[12:56] <&Mister_Cavern> Three more images blink out, leaving just two spiders: the real one, and one illusion. They're constantly shifting about, trying to fool you like a game of Find the Lady.
[12:57] <~Sparkles> (Dang, should've gone with love shot, less spell slots)
[12:59] <&Mister_Cavern> Making a guess that it's not able to affect you both with fear, it just scuttles across to line you both up and launches another lightning bolt... or both of them do. It's kind of hard to tell. So Nasturtium auto-passes, and Sparkles, DC 16 Ref Save.
[12:59] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 6d6 Zap
[12:59] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 6d6 Zap : 17
[12:59] <&Mister_Cavern> (8 Electricity damage on a successful save)
[12:59] <~Sparkles> (Immune due to Fallen)
[12:59] <&Mister_Cavern> Cool.
[13:00] <&Mister_Cavern> Which brings us back to Nasturtium. Only two images left, one of which is the real deal.
[13:00] * Nasturtium fires her pistols at the two, crossing over between shots so that each receives a Scorching Ray and a DW
[13:01] <Nasturtium> !dice 2#1d20+20 SR Drider 1, DW Drider 2
[13:01] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 2#1d20+20 SR Drider 1, DW Drider 2 : (20) 40 (17) 37
[13:01] <&Mister_Cavern> That's one way of doing it.
[13:01] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d2 is it 1 or is it 2?
[13:01] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d2 is it 1 or is it 2? : 2
[13:01] <Nasturtium> !dice 2#1d20+15 SR Drider 2, DW Drider 1
[13:01] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 2#1d20+15 SR Drider 2, DW Drider 1 : (13) 28 (9) 24
[13:01] <&Mister_Cavern> Well, you miss out on a crittacular explosion, but the fake winks out, leaving one real drider to take two to the chest
[13:01] <Nasturtium> sweet
[13:02] <Nasturtium> !dice 4d6+6
[13:02] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 4d6+6 : 21
[13:02] <Nasturtium> !dice 2d6+2+1d4+10
[13:02] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Error: Modifier 1 is bad: 2+1d4+10
[13:02] <Nasturtium> !dice 2d6+2
[13:02] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 2d6+2 : 9
[13:02] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d4+10
[13:02] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d4+10 : 11
[13:03] <&Mister_Cavern> Blam! It drops to the floor in a crumpled heap.
[13:03] <Nasturtium> and I even fucking forgot my increases from jutsu
[13:03] * Nasturtium loot loot corpse
[13:04] * Crystal ((hopes thunderstorm does not knock out router ))
[13:05] <&Mister_Cavern> It has a Spidersilk Evening Gown (specially made for a drider), Keynesian Efreeti Ruby, and a sack full of Hell (38,000Hl)
[13:05] * Nasturtium ((wishes there were a thunderstorm here, we could use the rain))
[13:06] <Nasturtium> what is a Keynesian Efreeti Ruby?
[13:07] <&Mister_Cavern> It's a ruby. When someone equips it (it must be equipped in the Keynesian manner) they transform into (more "are possessed by") an Efreeti. Note: when it is slain, the effect ends, they return to normal at their prior-to-possession condition and HP, and the ruby evaporates.
[13:08] <Nasturtium> huh
[13:08] <Nasturtium> not sure what "equipped in the Keynesian manner" would be
[13:08] <&Mister_Cavern> Typically people equip others with it. Often while Pinned or something, due to their reluctance.
[13:08] <&Mister_Cavern> Like a suppository
[13:09] <Nasturtium> llol
[13:09] <Nasturtium> fair enough
[13:09] <&Mister_Cavern> So, now for the others. You have Charmed the pumpkinhead, and he now thinks you guys are awesome.
[13:09] * Nasturtium 's health bar is yellow
[13:09] <&Mister_Cavern> He has recommended you put the hazmat suits on due to the risk of leaks or contamination.
[13:11] <Barzini> "Sounds like Fear Gas gets contaminated pretty easily."
[13:13] <Crystal> "Oh, how bad can it be?"
[13:13] <Crystal> "I thought that like we had nothing to fear but gas itself"
[13:13] <Barzini> "So uh, how did YOU get past the pit?"\
[13:14] <&Mister_Cavern> "Huh? Oh simple, there's actually another way round if you know where to look. They didn't tell me the first time either, I got dragged down there and murderised. Bloody nightmare, I tell you."
[13:15] * Crystal didn't know Nightmares had tentacles like that
[13:16] <Nasturtium> with the right magic item, anything can have tentacles
[13:17] <Crystal> "So like, where does all this fear gas go?"
[13:22] <&Mister_Cavern> "We ship it out to various places to be used as weapons, mainly. Or sometimes we dump heaps of it on random planes - always good for a laugh, right?"
[13:22] <&Mister_Cavern> (brb)
[13:23] <Crystal> "So where's the best place you dumped a heap of it? And how do you form a gas into a heap?"
[13:24] <Barzini> "So what's the other way around?"
[13:33] <&Mister_Cavern> "Well, we just chuck a whole pile of the cylinders out and they crack open when they land. The actual gas spreads out. The best place? Oh, out in one of those stupid fiery Netherworlds, some loser kid with a scarf was the Overlord there, man was he pissed!"
[13:34] <Barzini> (Thank goodness he's there and not here.)
[13:34] <&Mister_Cavern> "Oh right, I guess I can tell you. Hug the outer wall, and just a little bit past the corner of the room - on both sides of the chasm - the wall sort of... it's like the panel was pressed in too far. Punch the top of it and it flips around and you're on a walkway."
[13:35] <Barzini> "Great. Since we're the security, got any canisters of fear gas to share?"
[13:35] <&Mister_Cavern> "Well I guess I could part with some, for crowd control. Make sure not to inhale it though. Take those ones there, they're small enough to carry. Well, for you, miss, you could carry a large one."
[13:37] <Barzini> "Thanks! You're all right, for someone working on this floor."
[13:38] <&Mister_Cavern> "I didn't always want to be a scaremonger, but what can you do? Gotta pay the bills, right?"
[13:38] <Crystal> "You coulda taken up piracy"
[13:39] * Barzini takes a small canister, and gets to seeking out that safe passage back across.
[13:42] <&Mister_Cavern> Having been told what to look for, yeah, you don't need to make a Search check. Click, flip, plonk. You're now on a walkway high above the fairgrounds.
[13:42] <&Mister_Cavern> "Piracy? Oh I suppose that could have been an option, yes. Sort of seems the better choice these days."
[13:43] * Barzini looks down below, and towards where the walkway leads, "Putting on the smooth moves came in handy, Crystal. To think I was going to feed him to the creature to get back across."
[13:45] <Crystal> "Well it's been nice chatting, but we have areas to secure and people to frisk. Catch ya later"
[13:46] <&Mister_Cavern> Incidentally, on the other side of things, there was that gleaming plaque in the room - before the whole Drider interruption. It's made of polished metal, and basically says. "Be afraid. Be very afraid." If you pick it up and carry it, it's a magic item (Intimidate Boost, 30' Aura of Fear (Cha-based))
[13:46] <&Mister_Cavern> The Jack waves. "Have fun"
[13:46] <Nasturtium> Sweet. Will totally do that
[13:47] <Barzini> (niiice.)
[13:52] <&Mister_Cavern> So, what now? You've pretty much cleared the level out.
[13:52] <Nasturtium> To the next level!
[13:52] <Barzini> (So the walkway is outside of the building, see through, or just has windows? Not that I had any particular reason for needing to know. If it leads back to the rest of the party, then yes, regroup)
[13:56] <&Mister_Cavern> No windows or anything, it's just a walkway with a single safety railing. It isn't that sturdy (the rail). And yeah, it just leads to the other side of the chasm, so from there back inside, and to the rest of the party.
[13:56] <&Mister_Cavern> By next level do you mean 11, or "PUSH RANDOM BUTTON" again?
[13:57] <Nasturtium> 11
[13:58] <&Mister_Cavern> The trip doesn't take very long at all, then. You end up... not in a corridor this time. No. The elevator shaft is pretty much the only set of walls inside this floor, with pillars holding the ceiling up. It's a massive open sprawl, with screens everywhere, and wires and cables covering the ground like vines.
[13:58] <&Mister_Cavern> There are beeps and boops and annoying whirring sounds of modems and electronic interference/feedback, and it appears that there are people or things scuttling about with plyers and such.
[13:58] <Nasturtium> "Hmm... the evils of internet porn?"
[14:00] <Nasturtium> "You there! New security guards here, what's this floor? Not the number the... theme?"
[14:00] * Barzini presumably stripped out of the radiation suit in the elevator and is back to being Groucho.
[14:01] * Barzini blinks, "Department of... networking?"
[14:03] <&Mister_Cavern> One of the little imps looks up. "Department of hacking. Also we're trying to set up a massive supercomputer AI network to mind-control people or... something. Mostly hacking though."
[14:03] <Crystal> "Oh, so 12 must be slashing then?"
[14:04] <Nasturtium> "Ah, well can you hack us up a map of the place? No one gave us one and it'll take forever to do our rounds if we have no clue where we're going."
[14:04] <Barzini> "I'm glad someone very close to me doesn't know about this..."
[14:05] <&Mister_Cavern> "A map of this floor? Hahaha, you're having a laugh. It never gets updated, you just get a picture of the floorplan: an empty room. As you can see... it's not fucking empty now, is it?"
[14:05] <Nasturtium> "uh, no, a map of the building."
[14:06] <Barzini> "Do the machines here have any connection to the keycard readers?"
[14:07] <~Sparkles> "Do you get the YouTubes here?"
[14:13] *** Crystal quit (Client closed the connection)
[14:13] <&Mister_Cavern> "Well, they're all connected to the Internet Tubes, but... I haven't heard of ewe tubes. What, you feed sheep into them? And yeah, they're all hooked up to keycard readers. Oh, map of the building!"
[14:13] *** rabid_schnauzer (Josh@Nightstar-eeb5173c.pa.comcast.net) joined
[14:13] <&Mister_Cavern> "Right, sure, I'll get one up for you..."
[14:14] <&Mister_Cavern> A map does blink up onto the screen.
[14:14] <Nasturtium> "Hm, now there's a thought, got a handheld device you can put that on? And maybe a program to hack the card readers? or do we need to get out the paper and crayons?"
[14:15] <Barzini> "That's... pretty important for us to know, if we're going to be good security!"
[14:16] * Barzini sweatdrops, "Ah, Cap-- um, Miss New Coworker, I think they would have keycard writers here, even if they are hackers..."
[14:16] <Nasturtium> "Oh, well there's that too."
[14:17] <&Mister_Cavern> Level 20: Decoy Room and Explosives Storage; Level 19: Corporate Control Office; Level 18: Unethical Science; Level 16: Blackmail Typing; Level 15: Evil Funding Offices; Level 14: Dark World Negotiations; Level 13: Department of Bad Luck, Level 12: Department of Slavery..."
[14:17] <Barzini> (I know what floor Sparkles wants to visit.)
[14:18] <~Sparkles> (I do too!)
[14:21] <&Mister_Cavern> "Ha, if you don't have eidetic memory then I'm afraid I can't help you. We can write you some new keycards but we're not just going around giving people portable devices."
[14:22] <Nasturtium> "Eh, fair's fair, got some paper?"
[14:22] <&Mister_Cavern> He points to a tower of printer paper
[14:22] <Nasturtium> "Thanks"
[14:22] <Barzini> "New keycards would be nice."
[14:22] * Nasturtium copies down the map
[14:24] <&Mister_Cavern> (Level 11: this one here; Level 10: Department of Scaremongering; Level 9: Hell's Kitchen; Level 8: Department of Blasphemy; Level 7: Trapsetting Production; Level 6: Department of War Criminals; Level 5: Communications Office; Level 4: Recreation Room; Level 3: Department of Possession; Level 2: Executive Executions; Level 1: Ground Floor)
[14:25] <&Mister_Cavern> And so, the imps just go and get you a set of keycards, not even questioning your authority
[14:26] <Nasturtium> "Thanks fellas. So crew, where to next?"
[14:27] <~Sparkles> "The Science rooms might have stuff we can use to help with the execs..."
[14:28] * Barzini murmurs, "I'm ready to go to the 19th floor any time. It'd be just my luck that the 6th and 14th floors wouldn't have the things I'd want to find."
[14:28] <Nasturtium> "Hell, Executive Executions and Department of War Criminals might help too."
[14:37] * rabid_schnauzer blinks
[14:37] *** rabid_schnauzer changed nick to Crystal
[14:37] <&Mister_Cavern> So, decision?
[14:38] <Nasturtium> "Or do we just want to go on up and kick ass now?"
[14:38] <Crystal> !dice 1d20
[14:38] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d20 : 16
[14:38] <~Sparkles> "That actually sounds more our m.o."
[14:38] * Crystal votes for Blackmail for no discernable reason
[14:39] <~Sparkles> "Alright chums. Let's do this!"
[14:39] <Barzini> (Nast's call where we head first, I'm okay with any choice. Except for 'all of them one by one', anyway.)
[14:40] <Nasturtium> "Alright, lets take the fight up there, we can check shit out when we own the place."
[14:41] <&Mister_Cavern> Okay then, well, your new keycards do in fact authorise you to access level 19, so you can take the lift there
[14:41] <Nasturtium> sweet
[14:42] <Nasturtium> "Get your buffs ready now, people! If we want to wish something up, now's the time to do it! We've got a one time chance to get an efreet!"
[14:43] <Barzini> "Right on! By the way, mum's the word about this floor, I don't want my 2nd in command thinking too much about supercomputers with mind control powers..."
[14:43] <Nasturtium> "Wouldn't dream of telling her!"
[14:43] * Nasturtium smirks
[14:43] <&Mister_Cavern> It slowly ascends, playing a silly little tune, until it stops. When the key is swiped through the reader, there is a "Ding" and the doors slide open. The corridor ahead of you is hexagonal in build and well lit, and branches off to Left and Right shortly ahead. Both say "Destiny"
[14:46] <Barzini> (Putting on arranged version of Planet X from the Disgaea 1 OST.)
[14:47] <Barzini> "Did the map mention anything about this fork?"
[14:47] <Nasturtium> "I think it was just floors. I don't remember anything about it."
[14:47] <&Mister_Cavern> It was just a list of what each floor was, not floorplans for them
[14:48] <Nasturtium> "Do we have any divination?"
[14:48] <&Mister_Cavern> To the left, there seem to be laser scanners and speakers. To the right, it is dim and there is a row of chairs with signboards on them.
[14:48] * Nasturtium looks at the sign boards
[14:49] <&Mister_Cavern> As you step forward, the light ahead of you lights up. Going forward a bit more, it lights up again. It seems that the signs are all identical: a black and white drawing of a human hand pointing to the right (as in "keep going forward")
[14:50] <Nasturtium> "Huh."
[14:50] <Barzini> "Looks like we're on the right track."
[14:50] * Nasturtium doesn't follow the arrow
[14:50] <Nasturtium> s
[14:51] <Nasturtium> "Well, we ready?"
[14:51] * ~Sparkles pops a Shield of Faith (+3), Remove Fear, Aid, and Spell Resistance (SR 22), all Chained on the party
[14:51] <Nasturtium> "Oh, and I still need healing"
[14:52] * ~Sparkles heals everyone first, just assume I'm always doing that in downtime
[14:52] <Nasturtium> ah, ok
[14:53] * Barzini gives himself Electric Shield.
[14:53] * Crystal clears her head to free up jutsu points
[14:54] <Nasturtium> what are the temp hit points for Aid?
[14:55] * Nasturtium clears jutsu points, reallocates to SR and Damage
[14:55] <~Sparkles> !dice 1d8+10
[14:55] <Yuffie> Sparkles : Result of 1d8+10 : 12
[14:57] <&Mister_Cavern> So, which direction? Arrows and lighting-up-ahead-of-you, or scanners-and-speakers?
[14:57] <Barzini> (I'd hook everyone up with Electric Shield but I just checked, Personal Range.)
[14:59] <~Sparkles> "9.5 minutes to manafield breakdown! Go go go!"
[15:00] * Crystal sticks close to Sparkles
[15:00] * Barzini does too. (Also, I vote for arrow path, but I have no idea which would be better either.)
[15:01] <~Sparkles> (I vote arrow path, I'm shiny enough)
[15:03] <Nasturtium> sure, arrow path
[15:03] <Nasturtium> everyone remember that you get +5 to anything strength related
[15:03] * Nasturtium ((just went over abilities to make sure everything was added up correctly and shit.)) switches to melee
[15:03] <Barzini> (We have reached consensus, MC.)
[15:05] <Crystal> (( good lord, that's another +5 morale to melee attack and damage ))
[15:05] <Nasturtium> ((yep))
[15:06] <Nasturtium> ((and I just found out my AC wasn't actually taking my Armour into account))
[15:07] <&Mister_Cavern> And so, as you keep moving, the lights keep turning on ahead of you. Light, light, light... it goes around the corner, the hands still pointing ahead, and winds back behind the lift. You find yourselves at a junction: straight ahead seems to be the other path, but to the left, a big metal door with a single button. "WELCOME TO DESTINY"
[15:07] * Nasturtium pushes button with Emperor Drill
[15:10] * ~Sparkles sets up Love Shot
[15:13] <&Mister_Cavern> The door slides open with a DING!, the walls suddenly turning black with red lights bringing up DANGER signs, and the floor beneath you becomes a conveyor belt, pushing your forward. The door slides shut behind you, and you are in... the Corporate Office. There is a U shaped table, at which sits a Rakshasa, an Empusa, a Galactic Demon and a Gargoyle.
[15:15] <Nasturtium> how far ahead?
[15:15] <&Mister_Cavern> About thirty feet? They all turn to look at you (except the Galactic Demon, who can look in every direction at once)
[15:15] <Nasturtium> "We're open to discussions of surrender"
[15:16] <~Sparkles> "Yours, we mean."
[15:16] <Barzini> "Which one of you is the CEO?"
[15:18] <&Mister_Cavern> "Neither. So... you wish to face the CEO? Hahahaha... HAHAHAHA! What a joke!" the Rakshasa roars with laughter. "Oh now hold on... it could be interesting, watching them fight him." the Empusa giggles, "don't dissuade them from it."
[15:20] <Nasturtium> "Yeah, where is he?"
[15:23] <&Mister_Cavern> "Very well, let's bring him in." They each press a button at the same time, and there is a rumbling. The ceiling opens up, and a platform is lowered down. Standing upon it is a man with glowing eyes, a powerful build, a polearm, a business suit, horns, wings, and a fiery aura. It's all a bit over the top actually. "Why have I been summoned?"
[15:24] <Nasturtium> "Sir, you've been summoned to die."
[15:24] <~Sparkles> "We'll a
[15:25] <~Sparkles> Lso accept surrender I suspect."
[15:25] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+16 K:Planes - is the CEO really a Baatezu?
[15:25] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+16 K:Planes - is the CEO really a Baatezu? : (6) 22
[15:26] <&Mister_Cavern> He is not
[15:26] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+16 K Planes anything
[15:26] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+16 K Planes anything : (10) 26
[15:26] <Barzini> "All this time I thought you were a Baatezu invader."
[15:26] <&Mister_Cavern> He is not an extraplanar creature you know of.
[15:27] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+16 K. Nobility if at all helpful
[15:27] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+16 K. Nobility if at all helpful : (18) 34
[15:28] <&Mister_Cavern> "Very well. I guess we must kung-fu fight then. But first, let me propose a deal: journey with me up to the stage of battle so that we do not destroy the place. If you defeat me, then the Executive Board of Directors must submit to your rulership, knowing you are stronger than me."
[15:28] * Barzini finally pulls off the Groucho glasses, "I wasn't going to tolerate them in my Netherworld, but we're still going to have to talk about EvilCorp's business practices here."
[15:29] <Barzini> "Fine! This isn't the best setting for our showdown anyway."
[15:29] <~Sparkles> !dice 1d20+31 is he trying to trick us
[15:29] <Yuffie> Sparkles : Result of 1d20+31 is he trying to trick us : (17) 48
[15:30] <&Mister_Cavern> The Board of Directors nod to this, snickering with confidence in their boss. "However, should you win, you must run the company. And you must run it well and continue to make some kind of profit."
[15:30] <Nasturtium> "Mate, we're pirates, profit is in our blood."
[15:30] <&Mister_Cavern> No, he isn't trying to trick you. But you get the definite impression that he's actually trying to screw his current underlings.
[15:30] <Barzini> "Must? Ah, why?"
[15:31] <Barzini> "I like the Captain just fine as a pirate! She's NOT going privateer!"
[15:31] * Nasturtium shows Barzini her letters of marque from Hell.
[15:32] <&Mister_Cavern> "How you run it is up to you, just that you do keep it going and making money. You can't just let it rot, or let the directors take charge. Only the strongest can rule. Now, if you will all step aboard the elevatus?"
[15:32] * ~Sparkles conveys that telepathically to the cap'n
[15:33] <Nasturtium> "Let's go."
[15:33] <Barzini> "Let's."
[15:34] * ~Sparkles goes
[15:37] <&Mister_Cavern> In that case, once everyone is on board, it starts to rise... up through the ceiling... through the next level... "Okay, there will be cameras watching the fight, so listen quickly before it all starts. I need to explain it before we're on air."
[15:38] <Nasturtium> "we're all ears"
[15:38] * Barzini blinks.
[15:38] * Nasturtium thinks to Sparkles "keep making sure he isn't lying."
[15:38] <&Mister_Cavern> "You've seen the evils of this company. But consider this: this is them toned down. Before I came here? They obliterated hundreds of worlds in the name of profit. These people are insane, and more dangerous as a group than any Overlord. But..."
[15:39] * ~Sparkles mentally nods. Also physically. And continually takes 10 on Sense Motive checks.
[15:39] <&Mister_Cavern> "But I exerted my will - through a hundred reincarnations I perfected my stats and showed them who was boss. Sure, I couldn't kill them, but I won. They surrendered to me. That's where we're at: I keep them under control and tone their excesses down."
[15:40] <Barzini> "They're stronger than you!?"
[15:40] <&Mister_Cavern> "The current Overlord? We made him an offer he couldn't refuse: a memory wiping reincarnation on his favourite Lower Plane. He's living the life there in a permanent vacation. Totally happy. Well, I see we have a new Overlord - and you need to win."
[15:41] * Barzini has the ( ゚ Д゚) face going.
[15:42] <Nasturtium> "Well, there are plenty of other ways to make money..."
[15:42] <&Mister_Cavern> "Listen, if you all perish, this was for nought and I have to raise the next batch to get to this point and watch more trouble happen. But... if you win, you take control. I can leave this, they get scared because you're even badder than I am, so they listen to you, you can tone things down even more."
[15:42] * Barzini gets the reality check at being in charge of this plane. "Whoa... wait... we can't turn those four on each other or expel them or something?"
[15:43] <&Mister_Cavern> "If you can do it, sure! Keep in mind that I haven't managed to yet - I blame Telepathy. They can stay in communication with each other. But hey, if you can do something about it then even better. By the way, to make it look like we're actually fighting... we'll actually be fighting. It's all real. No holds barred."
[15:44] <Nasturtium> "Why not a contest with high enough stakes that they all want to win and make the others lose? Make them destroy each other that way?"
[15:45] <&Mister_Cavern> "Well if you can do that, then great. Give it a shot once you're in charge. Now, we're nearly on the grant stage. Any questions?"
[15:45] <Nasturtium> "...since you seem to kind of want us to win, do you have any buffs you can use on us?"
[15:46] <Barzini> "This is all wrong, I expected the leader of EvilCorp to be bad guy, not a good guy! I just wanted to make sure the navy wasn't getting a raw deal! This is why you've been helping us?"
[15:46] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+14 diplomacy
[15:46] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+14 diplomacy : (3) 17
[15:46] <&Mister_Cavern> "I'm not really the buffing kind. Sorry. Oh, I hear that Fire Resistance is fashionable lately."
[15:47] <Nasturtium> "It'd be nice, yes."
[15:47] * Barzini pulls out the magic knight's thong, then just looks at his teammates and makes with the blue lines where his eyes would be.
[15:48] * ~Sparkles nods "oh, it's all the rage with Baatorian tourists." And drops Resist Energy (fire) on the party
[15:48] <&Mister_Cavern> There is a "clunk" as the elevatus arrives on the roof. Hey, when did the building take off like a rocket and start floating in the air? There is a garden of skulls, planted swords and graves on the roof. Everywhere, testaments to his victories.
[15:48] <Barzini> "Wearing my vassal's soiled panties, giving them to one of my crew members to wear, everything in this building is pure EvilCorp alright..."
[15:48] <~Sparkles> (20 points)
[15:49] <Nasturtium> "Well, hey, good luck to us all, eh?"
[15:49] * Nasturtium holds out her hand to shake
[15:49] <&Mister_Cavern> He does shake her hand.
[15:49] <Nasturtium> Emerald Corset
[15:49] <&Mister_Cavern> hahaha
[15:50] <Nasturtium> only DC 19 though...
[15:50] <Nasturtium> damnit
[15:50] <&Mister_Cavern> He can't fail that
[15:50] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d6 So con damage, that works
[15:50] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d6 So con damage, that works : 1
[15:50] <Nasturtium> ... Fuck you Yuffiee
[15:51] * Barzini tucks away the undergarments. "Your buffs are a lifesaver in more ways than one, Sparkles."
[15:51] <&Mister_Cavern> He walks over to the etched sigil of Evilcorp, standing on "his" location. It's about 50 feet away. Cameras switch on. "And now, prepare to die, fools! See the might of CEO ATROCIOUS RAGE!"
[15:51] <&Mister_Cavern> So, Ninja Round
[15:51] * Nasturtium charges and strikes with Moon Blade
[15:52] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+24 roll vrs Entangle if it hits
[15:52] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+24 roll vrs Entangle if it hits : (14) 38
[15:52] <&Mister_Cavern> (A charge is a Full Round Action, the Ninja Surprise Round is a Partial Action Only)
[15:52] <Nasturtium> gah, damnit. So just Alraune Entangle
[15:53] <&Mister_Cavern> Okidokey
[15:53] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+17 Ref
[15:53] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+17 Ref : (16) 33
[15:53] <Nasturtium> yeah...
[15:53] <Barzini> "Well, if we're on camera, then everyone watching ought to know that I'M the Overlord around here now, and it's time to crack down on your bad business practices!" (muttering to himself miserably) "By the Abyss, I really AM a politician now, aren't I..."
[15:53] <Nasturtium> DC 19
[15:54] <&Mister_Cavern> Vines shoot up, but he gracefully hops above them, balancing on one gravestone. "You'll have to do better than THAT!"
[15:54] <&Mister_Cavern> And at this crucial point... I'm calling it for the week
[15:54] <Nasturtium> lol
[15:54] <&Mister_Cavern> oooh, how evil!
[15:54] <Nasturtium> damnit Koumei, what a cocktease
[15:54] <&Mister_Cavern> (Meaning next week is the big battle AND the fall-out AND the looting)
8headeddragon
Apprentice

Post by 8headeddragon »

I have to restate that I rather enjoyed the twist, especially considering that it came in true to the JRPG. Things are straightforward for a good while with a few mysteries that reveal and hide themselves again freely, then at the end the plot whips out something that brings it all together. Well done.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Yeah, it's the Disgaea way. Get you comfortable with how it's going, spend a while just going and "doing stuff the characters feel like doing", then the big surprise and re-think.

Incidentally, tomorrow I have an appointment at 11AM. The game generally begins anywhre from 11AM to 1PM, so I'll try to be done and get back. There's a reasonable chance I'll be late though :/
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

[12:00] <Nasturtium> So, refreshing memory. you all get +5 to strength related checks, like melee attack and damage.
[12:01] <&Mister_Cavern> IIRC you all have temporary Fire Resistance of some kind as well? What other buffs were put up?
[12:01] <Barzini> (+12 temp HP)
[12:02] <Barzini> (And I cast Electric Shield on myself.)
[12:02] <~Sparkles> And +3 Deflection to AC, resist fire 20, 12 temp hp...
[12:03] <&Mister_Cavern> When we had left off, CEO Atrocious Rage had explained his ploy, and the fight was about to start - you versus him, at fifty feet, in a field of graves. Nasturtium had used her Ninja Round, and now, it's just time for... INITIATIVE
[12:03] <~Sparkles> +4 morale vs. Fear, +1 morale to attack, and SR 22
[12:04] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+6 CEO
[12:04] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+6 CEO : (13) 19
[12:04] <Crystal> !dice 1d20+5
[12:04] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d20+5 : (5) 10
[12:04] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+6 init
[12:04] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+6 init : (17) 23
[12:04] <~Sparkles> !dice 1d20+1
[12:04] <Yuffie> Sparkles : Result of 1d20+1 : (5) 6
[12:05] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+6
[12:05] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+6 : (20) 26
[12:05] <&Mister_Cavern> Okay, so Nasturtium, Barzini, CEO, Crystal, Sparkles
[12:06] <~Sparkles> Initiate plan APOCABLITZ
[12:07] <Nasturtium> ((sorry, double checking something real quick))
[12:08] <Nasturtium> Ok, so charge and attack with each weapon
[12:09] <&Mister_Cavern> Right, first of all, you provoke an Opp of Attackatunity (Phalanx Fighter)
[12:09] <Nasturtium> k
[12:09] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+24 attacking
[12:09] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+24 attacking : (6) 30
[12:10] <Nasturtium> AC 41 because TWF and not flatfooted
[12:10] <&Mister_Cavern> That isn't a touch attack, just a normal "jam a glaive in your face" attack. So, miss. Okay.
[12:10] <Nasturtium> !dice 2#1d20+23 Moonblade/Emperor Drill
[12:10] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 2#1d20+23 Moonblade/Emperor Drill : (8) 31 (2) 25
[12:10] <Nasturtium> oh, forgot +2 from charging..
[12:11] <Nasturtium> not that I think that'll help much...
[12:11] <&Mister_Cavern> Well, thanks to the charge, the Moonblade does hit him
[12:11] <Nasturtium> oh, cool
[12:12] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d10+11 and Entangle DC 33
[12:12] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d10+11 and Entangle DC 33 : 21
[12:12] <&Mister_Cavern> ...and he's flat-footed, so that means the drill *just* hits him as well, haha
[12:12] <Nasturtium> ha
[12:12] <Crystal> (( this may be over fast ))
[12:12] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d6+11
[12:12] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d6+11 : 12
[12:13] <Nasturtium> and an AoO "just because" (yay ninja)
[12:13] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+23 Moonblade
[12:13] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+23 Moonblade : (12) 35
[12:13] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+17 Ref
[12:13] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+17 Ref : (5) 22
[12:13] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d10+11 assuming that hit after the last two did...
[12:13] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d10+11 assuming that hit after the last two did... : 21
[12:13] <&Mister_Cavern> Okay, so he's hit three times, and also Entangled. Lucky for him that isn't such a big deal...
[12:14] <&Mister_Cavern> Actually, was that a Ref Save against Entangle? Or something else?
[12:14] <Barzini> (Distance to CEO?)
[12:14] <&Mister_Cavern> (fifty feet)
[12:15] <Nasturtium> oh, apparently it's Escape Artist
[12:15] <&Mister_Cavern> (fifty feet)
[12:15] <&Mister_Cavern> So he fails anyway, cool
[12:15] <&Mister_Cavern> Is that your turn done?
[12:16] <Nasturtium> And activate monk style, and spending Jutsu on Atk/Dam (I think I already did, but can't remember), and Rammy's turn
[12:16] <Nasturtium> Who will run up and smack him with a dildo, I mean Cursetree
[12:17] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+18
[12:17] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+18 : (3) 21
[12:17] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+22 AoO
[12:17] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+22 AoO : (6) 28
[12:17] <&Mister_Cavern> Yeah, the cursetree bounces off
[12:17] <Nasturtium> and he hits her
[12:18] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 2d8+20 slice!
[12:18] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 2d8+20 slice! : 33
[12:18] <Barzini> (Rammy's here? Is Johnny here too?)
[12:18] <Nasturtium> ...
[12:18] <Nasturtium> Rammy's going to go stand next to Sparkles next turn...
[12:18] <&Mister_Cavern> (Is he?)
[12:18] <Nasturtium> (done)
[12:18] <Barzini> (If Rammy made it here he must have too.)
[12:18] <&Mister_Cavern> (Not my job to keep track of cohorts)
[12:18] <&Mister_Cavern> Okay, Barzini+Johnny, you're up!
[12:19] * Crystal wonders how you can misplace a giant shark?
[12:19] <Barzini> "You're the worst kind of Big Bad! Things are going to be worse for beating you than not beating you!"
[12:19] * Barzini moves in 25ft and unleashes Orb of Electricity.
[12:20] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+19 ranged touch
[12:20] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+19 ranged touch : (20) 39
[12:20] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+19 ranged touch confirm!?
[12:20] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+19 ranged touch confirm!? : (6) 25
[12:20] *** Sparkles quit (Client closed the connection)
[12:20] *** Sparkles (androirc@Nightstar-b3a25df8.sub-70-199-130.myvzw.com) joined
[12:20] <Barzini> !dice 10d6+10 electricity, DC 20 fort or entangled, but he's already entangled???
[12:20] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 10d6+10 electricity, DC 20 fort or entangled, but he's already entangled??? : 48
[12:23] <Barzini> <Johnny> *charge*
[12:23] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+26
[12:23] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+26 : (14) 40
[12:23] <Barzini> (make that +28.)
[12:23] *** AndroUser2 (androirc@Nightstar-07a82773.wa.comcast.net) joined
[12:23] <Barzini> 3d6+11 chomp and improved grab
[12:24] <Barzini> !dice 3d6+11 chomp and improved grab
[12:24] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 3d6+11 chomp and improved grab : 19
[12:24] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+38 grapple
[12:24] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+38 grapple : (18) 56
[12:25] *** Sparkles quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[12:25] *** AndroUser2 changed nick to Sparkles
[12:25] <Barzini> (And done. Yeah yeah I need to lern2powerattack)
[12:25] <&Mister_Cavern> Barz, make a Caster Level check
[12:26] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+10 CL
[12:26] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+10 CL : (20) 30
[12:26] <Barzini> (It's my lucky night...)
[12:26] <&Mister_Cavern> Yeah, you power the lightning through his SR and critify him for 96 electricity damage
[12:26] <&Mister_Cavern> Then Johnny makes his charge, and AoO time...
[12:26] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+22 AoO
[12:26] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+22 AoO : (19) 41
[12:26] <Barzini> (Hits)
[12:27] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+22 confirm
[12:27] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+22 confirm : (19) 41
[12:27] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 4d8+40 criticalness
[12:27] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 4d8+40 criticalness : 50
[12:27] <Barzini> (It's his lucky day too D: )
[12:27] <Barzini> (Spears are x3, huh.)
[12:28] <&Mister_Cavern> ...good point. And... oh.
[12:28] <Barzini> (Johnny is now at 45/253.)
[12:28] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 2d8+20 more damage
[12:28] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 2d8+20 more damage : 29
[12:28] <&Mister_Cavern> Good thing glaives can't be set against the charge.
[12:29] <&Mister_Cavern> so he is displeased and skewers Johnny... who still manages to bite him hard
[12:29] * Barzini gawks with beady eyes and blue lines, "Perfect stats and multiple transmigrations!"
[12:29] <Sparkles> ((Regular glaive or the Silence kind?))
[12:29] <&Mister_Cavern> For what it's worth, he can't avoid the grapple
[12:29] <&Mister_Cavern> ((hahaha, Defending actually))
[12:30] <Barzini> (was the extra damage multiplied too?)
[12:30] <&Mister_Cavern> Huh? Oh, the damage is 2d8+20, I rolled it all rather than just multiplying
[12:30] <Barzini> (Oh)
[12:32] <&Mister_Cavern> So then on his turn... everyone near him (Nast, Rammy, Johnny) feels the searing heat of his fiery aura - if it can actually beat their resistance
[12:32] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 4d6 Fire
[12:32] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 4d6 Fire : 14
[12:32] <&Mister_Cavern> No it can't. So it's pleasantly warm.
[12:32] <Nasturtium> well 2 points go through
[12:33] <&Mister_Cavern> Oh, it's only 10, not 20? Cool.
[12:33] <Nasturtium> oh, no, sorry, I was mixing it up with the temp hp number
[12:33] <&Mister_Cavern> He then decides not to bother trying to escape the grapple or entanglement: he just unleashes a massive breath weapon. "Mrf, you will never beat me like that! Take this: PLASMA WAAAAAAVE!!!"
[12:34] <&Mister_Cavern> And with it being a 60' cone, I have great news for everyone: you all get to make a DC 25 Ref Save! :D
[12:34] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+15 Rammy
[12:34] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+15 Rammy : (12) 27
[12:34] <Nasturtium> or, no, that was Nast
[12:34] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+8 this is Rammy
[12:34] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+8 this is Rammy : (13) 21
[12:35] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+13 Johnny Reflex
[12:35] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+13 Johnny Reflex : (17) 30
[12:35] <Barzini> !dice 1d20+18 Barzini reflex
[12:35] <Yuffie> Barzini : Result of 1d20+18 Barzini reflex : (4) 22
[12:35] <Barzini> (Better Johnny than me. With 12hp left it's his only hope.)
[12:35] <Crystal> !dice 1d20+16 Reflex
[12:35] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d20+16 Reflex : (19) 35
[12:36] * Crystal waves back at the Plasma
[12:36] <Crystal> "Howdy-do!"
[12:36] <&Mister_Cavern> (12HP left? He took 79 from the glaive, what else has hurt him?)
[12:36] <Sparkles> !dice 1d20+11
[12:36] <Yuffie> Sparkles : Result of 1d20+11 : (3) 14
[12:37] <&Mister_Cavern> Now, everyone who is immune to Fire can flip him the Bird as a Free Action. Everyone else...
[12:37] <Barzini> (Oh, the glaive too. I'm getting our tabletop mixed up with yours.)
[12:38] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 20d6 Firification (if you saved, that's half or evasion. Apply Fire Resistance after any halving)
[12:38] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 20d6 Firification (if you saved, that's half or evasion. Apply Fire Resistance after any halving) : 79
[12:38] <&Mister_Cavern> Hang on a minute
[12:38] <&Mister_Cavern> >implying he has 20 HD
[12:38] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 10d6 let's not fuck this up
[12:38] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 10d6 let's not fuck this up : 39
[12:39] * Crystal thanks Sparkles for that fire-resistance buff and takes no damage after her save
[12:39] <&Mister_Cavern> And if you fail the save you catch fire. If you're immune to fire and fail the save then you're on fire but don't really care
[12:40] <Barzini> (77/84 and on fire)
[12:40] * Sparkles is on fire. But resistant! ...but still on fire.
[12:40] <&Mister_Cavern> So there is a massive blast of perilous flame washing across the field, shattering some of the graves and setting skulls afire. But it looks like most of you guys are largely unaffected.
[12:40] <Nasturtium> well... shit. Rammy's at 2hp and on fire...
[12:41] <&Mister_Cavern> And that's his turn over
[12:41] <Sparkles> ((Does SR apply?))
[12:41] <&Mister_Cavern> Nope, it's a Supernatural Breath Weapon
[12:41] <&Mister_Cavern> So... Crystal!
[12:42] * Crystal Grins wildly
[12:43] * Crystal uses free actions to allocate Jutsu points: one to boost saves, one to boost damage
[12:44] * Crystal uses standard action to throw Brittling
[12:44] <Crystal> !dice 1d6+10 cold auto-hit and he loses dex for 1 round (2 if cold-vulnerable)
[12:44] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d6+10 cold auto-hit and he loses dex for 1 round (2 if cold-vulnerable) : 16
[12:45] <Crystal> uses 90' fly speed to single move to within Large reach of CEO
[12:46] <Crystal> !dice 1d20+26 Ninja Class free AoO against no-dex opponent with NINJA SWORD
[12:46] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d20+26 Ninja Class free AoO against no-dex opponent with NINJA SWORD : (8) 34
[12:47] <Crystal> !dice 2d6+31 slashing and
[12:47] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 2d6+31 slashing and : 35
[12:47] <Crystal> !dice 1d6+9 Cold if that's a hit
[12:47] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d6+9 Cold if that's a hit : 14
[12:48] * Crystal then uses a icy smooth Silver Flash to get in another attack as swift action
[12:48] <Crystal> !dice 1d20+26
[12:48] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d20+26 : (14) 40
[12:49] <Crystal> !dice 1d20+26 confirm (yay Sig Style crazy crits)
[12:49] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d20+26 confirm (yay Sig Style crazy crits) : (16) 42
[12:49] <&Mister_Cavern> Aye, you have a pair of hits there
[12:49] <Crystal> !dice 4d6+62 slashing and
[12:49] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 4d6+62 slashing and : 73
[12:49] <Crystal> !dice 1d6+18 Cold
[12:49] <Yuffie> Crystal : Result of 1d6+18 Cold : 20
[12:50] <&Mister_Cavern> Also he gets an AoO against you~
[12:50] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+22
[12:50] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+22 : (9) 31
[12:50] * Crystal only has current AC of 29, but does have 50% miss chance vs AoOs
[12:50] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d2 high is good for him
[12:50] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d2 high is good for him : 2
[12:51] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 2d8+20 shink
[12:51] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 2d8+20 shink : 25
[12:51] <&Mister_Cavern> He lashes out with his blade when you move into range, but although it draws blood... it's not as much as you draw from him, double-stabbing with extra coldness.
[12:52] <Crystal> (( also he has a fort saze vs Daze to make, DC 23 ))
[12:56] <Crystal> "The fire breath is a good trick, but you can't expect your element to win the fight by itself"
[12:56] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+21 not a 1
[12:56] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+21 not a 1 : (15) 36
[12:56] <&Mister_Cavern> He is not Dazed
[12:57] <&Mister_Cavern> Lucky for him, or he'd be super fucked
[12:57] * Crystal is done, go
[12:57] * Sparkles flies to within Chain range of the rest and fires off an Empowered Cure Critical and Greater Vigor on all allies.
[12:57] <Sparkles> !dice 4d8 before Empower
[12:57] <Yuffie> Sparkles : Result of 4d8 before Empower : 29
[12:58] <Sparkles> 53 health to all!
[12:58] * Crystal has fond memories of her Temp HP
[12:58] <Nasturtium> ((how big is the CEO? Medium or Large?))
[13:00] <&Mister_Cavern> (Large)
[13:01] * Sparkles done
[13:01] <Nasturtium> ((k, thought so))
[13:02] <&Mister_Cavern> back to the top!
[13:03] <&Mister_Cavern> For the record, he's looking pretty weary and beaten down, bleeding from multiple locations. But he's bleeding fire and still looks ready to keep fighting it out.
[13:03] <Nasturtium> Ok, if Rammy and Nast can maneuver to flank him with 5' steps, they'd be really interested in doing that
[13:03] <Crystal> (( he's still brittled, and therefore has no dex bonus to AC, so don't forget your Ninja AoO nast ))
[13:04] <Nasturtium> ((Sweet! He's also still grappled, I think))
[13:05] <&Mister_Cavern> Given they started off running up adjacent to each other, and Johnny charged in and occupies one complete side of him, one would have to actually move to flank
[13:05] <Nasturtium> Ok, Nast will 5' step, Rammy will take a move so that they flank
[13:05] <Nasturtium> Then Nast will full attack
[13:05] <Nasturtium> Power Attacking for 5 on each
[13:05] <Sparkles> Ward on Rammy
[13:06] <Nasturtium> !dice 2#1d20+25 MB/ED (yes, still 25, because Jutsu and Witty Repartee)
[13:06] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 2#1d20+25 MB/ED (yes, still 25, because Jutsu and Witty Repartee) : (19) 44 (7) 32
[13:07] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+25 confirm MB crit
[13:07] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+25 confirm MB crit : (17) 42
[13:07] <Nasturtium> !dice 2#1d20+20 MB/ED iteratives
[13:07] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 2#1d20+20 MB/ED iteratives : (6) 26 (5) 25
[13:08] <Nasturtium> do those all hit?
[13:10] <Nasturtium> !dice 2d10+46 crit, assuming his AC hasn't gone up since round one... (shouldn't between Brittling and Entangle and Grapple)
[13:10] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 2d10+46 crit, assuming his AC hasn't gone up since round one... (shouldn't between Brittling and Entangle and Grapple) : 53
[13:11] <Nasturtium> er, that should have been +56, not +46, so 63 damage
[13:11] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d10+28 normal MB
[13:11] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d10+28 normal MB : 29
[13:11] <&Mister_Cavern> Well, that movement provokes from him, so...
[13:12] <Nasturtium> oh, sorry, ok
[13:12] <&Mister_Cavern> Good news is they're inside the glaive's "eye of the storm". Bad news is he has a gore.
[13:12] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 1d20+18 against Rammy
[13:12] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 1d20+18 against Rammy : (7) 25
[13:13] <Nasturtium> damnit, that just barely hits
[13:13] <Crystal> (( with Sparkles ward ?? ))
[13:13] <&Mister_Cavern> !dice 2d6+11 and 0 Fire damage and a Fort Save vs Disease :o
[13:13] <Yuffie> Mister_Cavern : Result of 2d6+11 and 0 Fire damage and a Fort Save vs Disease :o : 20
[13:14] <Nasturtium> ((well, with the +3 defl buff, what's the ward do again?))
[13:14] <&Mister_Cavern> So he slams his spiny head into her less spiny head.
[13:14] <Sparkles> (+5 to ac and saves)
[13:14] <Crystal> (( ward is +5 unnammed to AC and saves ))
[13:14] <Nasturtium> hah...
[13:14] <Nasturtium> so her AC is actually 30 currently because of that
[13:14] <&Mister_Cavern> Okay, so he slams his spiny head into a sudden forcefield
[13:14] <Nasturtium> (sorry about not counting that)
[13:15] <&Mister_Cavern> Well, Nasturtium hits with her first pair of attacks, but the next two miss
[13:15] <Sparkles> ((I'm a helper!))
[13:15] <&Mister_Cavern> Or rather, they scrape against his scales
[13:15] <Nasturtium> seriously!? isn't he flat footed?
[13:16] <Crystal> (( did we unlock the bosses next form? that's more of a FF than N1 dealio ))
[13:16] <&Mister_Cavern> Yes, flat with AC 27
[13:16] <&Mister_Cavern> Remember, you only hit last round because of the charge
[13:16] <Nasturtium> wow, ok. -4 dex from entangle?
[13:16] <&Mister_Cavern> Doesn't that only last until your next turn?
[13:17] <Crystal> "So many status effects...hard to keep track"
[13:17] <Nasturtium> oh, yeah it does. But he has to save vrs entangle again, twice, with the first two atk rolls as DCs
[13:17] <Crystal> "Or is it affects? I can never keep them straight."
[13:18] <&Mister_Cavern> Okay, so they do hit because he is entangled because he has no ranks in EscArt
[13:18] <Nasturtium> yay!
[13:18] <Nasturtium> !dice 2#1d6+28 Rammy's EMPEROR DRILL attacks
[13:18] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 2#1d6+28 Rammy's EMPEROR DRILL attacks : 32 33
[13:18] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d20+25 Moon Blade Ninja AoO
[13:18] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d20+25 Moon Blade Ninja AoO : (2) 27
[13:19] <Nasturtium> !dice 1d10+28
[13:19] <Yuffie> Nasturtium : Result of 1d10+28 : 37
[13:19] <Nasturtium> ready monk style again
[13:19] <Nasturtium> Rammy will poke him with a shocking grasp
[13:19] <&Mister_Cavern> And at that point his eyes widen, as the drill goes right through his heart. He coughs up lava. "Hurk! Impossible... how could I be beaten by such things... surely their power must eclipse even my own! Is this the end... of my ambition?"
[13:20] <Nasturtium> "Yay! I love ending ambition!"
[13:21] <&Mister_Cavern> Collapsing to his knees with sufficient force to dent the ground, he lets out a quiet whisper. "Finish this. Kill me, loot the body, and make sure you oppress the board of directors..."
[13:21] <Barzini> "Just imagine how strong we'll be after a few more transmigrations."
[13:21] <&Mister_Cavern> He then finishes collapsing and dies properly
[13:22] * Barzini deflates, "So this is my first real job as the new Overlord."
[13:22] <Barzini> "I'm just a few harsh regulations here and there will be a nice start."
[13:23] <Barzini> *just=sure
[13:23] <Nasturtium> And when he finishes talking, Rammy pokes him with an electrified hand
[13:24] * Crystal follows instructions and begins the looting of the body
[13:24] <Sparkles> "I suppose resurrecting him would be rude..."
[13:24] <Nasturtium> "Man, glad I didn't bother sundering his glaive...
[13:25] <Barzini> "That glaive sure did a number on Johnny."
[13:25] <Nasturtium> "Rammy too. Good thing we have Sparkles."
[13:26] <Barzini> "Yeah. Does Sparkles have the juice to patch up that much meat?"
[13:26] <&Mister_Cavern> You gain: the Shadow Deflector (sunglasses: Deflection Bonus, lets you ignore all Concealment ever), Orion's Belt (Strength Enhancement, lets you Bullrush anyone you hit), Cosmo Muscle (Constitution Enhancement, Fortification and you can survive just fine in space)...
[13:26] * Barzini peers into Johnny's wound... out to Sparkles on the other side.
[13:27] * Nasturtium and Rammy pat out the fire on each other.
[13:27] <Sparkles> "I can fix death, a little hole like that is easy."
[13:27] * Barzini doesn't realize he's stil on fire. Likely due to the fire resistance.
[13:27] * Crystal reasons that if we're moving up, she can start drinking Cosmos
[13:28] <Crystal> "That look is Smokin' on you Barz!"
[13:28] <Sparkles> ((Btw, fast healing 4 lasts for like 19 more eounds))
[13:28] <&Mister_Cavern> Imperial Seal (ORT ORT O- oh, the other kind. Charisma Enhancement and Spell Resistance, and is treated as a free "Aye!" in the Dark Assembly), Doom Glaive (Defending), Mysterious Mask (Resistance Bonus, all-around vision, +20 to MYSTERIOUSNESS)
[13:28] <Sparkles> *rounds
[13:28] <Barzini> "Huh? I already took the disguise off.. oh geez"
[13:28] * Barzini uses his 1/day of Quench on himself and any who need it.
[13:29] * Crystal thought it used to be hard to get the Doom Glaive
[13:29] <&Mister_Cavern> Those are the items. Oh, as well as his Corporate Tie (no effect) and Company Credit Card (limit: eleventy infinillium Hell)
[13:29] * Barzini picks up the Imperial seal and looks it over.
[13:30] <Sparkles> "Dibs on the spacesuit!"
[13:30] <&Mister_Cavern> It's a brass stamp of his personal symbol, which can probably be changed to your own.
[13:30] <Nasturtium> "Hey, you want to be Overlord, that's like infinity free ayes in the dark council."
[13:31] <Barzini> (Is the seal a symbol of this netherworld or from another?)
[13:31] <&Mister_Cavern> It's actually of another - his home one
[13:31] <Barzini> ('k)
[13:31] <Barzini> "Yeah, I'll need every edge I can get."
[13:32] <&Mister_Cavern> If you check your stats, you'll note Barzini's title is already [Overlord]. Nast's is currently [CEO of EvilCorp Co. Pty. Ltd. Inc. LLC PLC DBA "Totally Not The Villains National Trust PLC"]
[13:32] <Nasturtium> "Damn, I wanted that seal."
[13:32] <Nasturtium> woot
[13:32] <&Mister_Cavern> Space Suit... the Cosmo Muscle? It's actually a six-pack of abs. That you... somehow... equip?
[13:33] * Sparkles Lunar pens it into a spacesuit
[13:33] *** Sparkles changed nick to Void_Sparklineer
[13:33] <Nasturtium> she should Lunar Pen it into giant boobs, it could be the Cosmo Bust
[13:34] *** Void_Sparklineer changed nick to Sparkles
[13:36] <&Mister_Cavern> So the company has changed hands. What now?
[13:36] * Nasturtium starts thinking up oppression for the Board of Directors
[13:37] <Barzini> "Captain, if you're going to be the CEO, I'll be counting on you to resist the board's temptations. If you can, then I'll make sure the navy... can't... ..."
[13:37] <Barzini> "... that better not have been the reason the last Overlord was such an idiot!"
[13:38] <Nasturtium> "Oh don't worry, we all know I'm already worse than the Board."
[13:38] * Barzini deadpans and sweatdrops, "That's the problem I gotta cover up!"
[13:39] <Nasturtium> "Don't worry, I like my evil and depredations to be renewable. So I may be more evil, but at least I won't destroy the world."
[13:39] <Crystal> "How about an open bar?"
[13:40] * Crystal Crystal says holding up the company credit card
[13:40] <Barzini> "You mean keep the board drunk?"
[13:41] <Crystal> "Drinks for the entire Dark Assembly -- till we get them to open the other netherworlds"
[13:41] <Nasturtium> "Ooh, I like that."
[13:41] <Crystal> "That lets you be a Respected Overlord while the Company profits in emerging markets!"
[13:42] <Barzini> "Whatever will chain the beast! I want the netherworld to know me as the revolutionary that reformed the navy and brought the plane in line, not some scoundrel that's buddying with big corporations and cluelessly dumping all the hard decisions on his responsible and competant android!"
[13:42] <Nasturtium> "So no one should know the truth, got it. Hey are those TV cameras still on?:
[13:43] * Barzini facefaults with a crash.
[13:43] * Crystal smiles and waves
[13:43] <&Mister_Cavern> (Yes)
[13:43] <Barzini> "I wish... I'd been still wearing that disguise..."
[13:43] * Nasturtium picks up mask and hands it to Barzini
[13:44] <Crystal> Therethere Barzabubbles....it isn't like Overlord is an elected position
[13:45] * Sparkles is busy trying to Planeshift the former CEO's remains back to the ship for Animate Object testing
[13:46] <Crystal> "Let them know. If they don't like it, they can fight through their own game until they get to challenge you."
[13:46] * Barzini rises and sighs, "At least I'll be able to keep the navy happy." me cuts Nasturtium off, "No, don't say what you were going to say about that line."
[13:46] <&Mister_Cavern> ...I'm not sure that'll work, given you're on the same plane as your ship
[13:47] * Nasturtium turns from the cameras and whispers "Hmm... I'm almost tempted to give the board free reign and throw parties when they do something we don't want them to do, but invite people they can't stand and require attendance, so that eventually they stop doing that stuff, just to avoid the parties..."
[13:48] * Barzini whispers, "Will it involve really powerful enemies from other netherworlds like level 2000 golems?"
[13:48] <Nasturtium> "Actually I was thinking Orcs. Drunk Orcs. Encouraged to hit on them."
[13:49] <Crystal> "Right. It comes back to an open bar!"
[13:49] <Nasturtium> "Exactly!"
[13:49] <Barzini> "I'll drink to that. Overlording is some thirsty work."
[13:49] <Nasturtium> "...plus there's the idea of getting them addicted to Blood Honey..."
[13:49] <Nasturtium> "Let's head back to the ship for now!"
[13:50] <Barzini> (What was the thing we were going to do on a lower floor after we were done with the final boss?)
[13:50] <Nasturtium> ((loot them?))
[13:50] <Barzini> (I can't remember anymore, but I think it had to do with something we skipped.)
[13:51] <Nasturtium> (I can't recall either)
[13:51] <Crystal> (( If only someone posted logs of prior sessions ))
[13:52] <Sparkles> ((Take their Science weapons?))
[13:52] <Barzini> (Oh, well maybe that was it)
[13:54] <Sparkles> ((We should go stea
[13:54] <Sparkles> l a time machine))
[13:56] <Nasturtium> yeah, all I see is "check shit out"
[13:58] <Barzini> "Huh, return there? Uh... aye aye, captain. I don't think I have the stomach for the board just yet."
[13:59] <Nasturtium> "Hey, best place for drinks, my ship"
[13:59] <Sparkles> "I don't think eating the board is the best solution anyway."
[14:00] <Nasturtium> "I don't know... that would certainly help..."
[14:02] <&Mister_Cavern> Keep in mind that the elevator to the roof herre is separate from the normal one, so the only way to avoid the board is to just go "We can fly, whatever" and jump off the roof.
[14:02] <&Mister_Cavern> or to teleport, etc.
[14:02] * Crystal can like totally fly
[14:02] * Nasturtium can also fly
[14:03] * Sparkles can fly like woah
[14:03] <Nasturtium> "Ooh, 'nother idea. *hefts Emperor Drill* this can open a gate to Celestia"
[14:03] <Barzini> (Johnny and I can also fly, and in actuality I'm 0k with either one. Barz is nervous but the worst the board could do is draw us into another fight, and we could handle that if healed... I think.)
[14:04] <Sparkles> "Uh... I'd like to note that I left home on good terms and would like it to stay that way..."
[14:05] <Nasturtium> "So tell the folks that you're bringing three great evils to face justice. Or tell me a nice deep part of the Silver Sea and we can let 'em walk the plank into Holy Water"
[14:05] <Crystal> "What good is a talking horse princess going to do us?"
[14:05] <Barzini> "Ah... busting up Celestia sounds like fun but Johnny's hurt pretty badly and I'm burnt and in need of a drink. We'll need healing before we start knocking teeth out and setting fires."
[14:06] <Nasturtium> "No no, step 1: open gate. Step 2: push Board through. Step 3: close gate waving bye"
[14:06] * Barzini blinks.
[14:06] <Barzini> "That is the best idea I have heard all day."
[14:07] <Sparkles> "...okay, that's easily within acceptable parameters."
[14:07] <Barzini> "That's like a catfight between empusae. It doesn't matter which one loses, we all win."
[14:07] <Nasturtium> "Exactly!"
[14:07] <Nasturtium> "Plus, sea of holy water, celestial sharks..."
[14:10] <Sparkles> "Are any of them Undead?"
[14:11] <Nasturtium> "Don't think so... Empusa, Rakshasa... what was the third?"
[14:11] <Barzini> "Let's see, there was the Rakshasa, the succubus, the space demon... and a fourth."
[14:11] <Crystal> "The Gargle"
[14:12] <Barzini> "Yeah! No undead."
[14:12] <Nasturtium> "Doesn't holy water hurt evil outsiders?"
[14:13] <Barzini> "Are you kidding me, of course it hurts!"
[14:13] <&Mister_Cavern> (I hear that Gargoyles can't swim)
[14:13] <Barzini> "Wouldn't holy water make an alraune sick?"
[14:14] <Nasturtium> "Well there we go. Plus a gargoyle would probably have trouble swimming... and I don't actually know..."
[14:14] <Sparkles> "Oh, right! I... may not want to go swimming there anymore. What subtypes do I have again?"
[14:17] * Barzini looks for how to activate the lift.
[14:18] <Nasturtium> Barz never drank the mushroom booze?
[14:19] <Barzini> (He did, and he has wings of evil. But I thought we were going to boot the board through a gate?)
[14:20] <Nasturtium> I wasn't thinking just yet, we kind of need a better plan... most of them can fly so just opening it under them probably won't work
[14:20] <Barzini> ('k. RTB it is)
[14:21] * Barzini unable to stand to give his beloved carrot cake even to a near dead Johnny, shall fly back to the ship.
[14:22] <Barzini> "You're too beautiful to eat, of course I wouldn't dream of feeding you even to Johnny..."
[14:24] <Barzini> (I can't remember what they called that syndrome, but these things are clearly related to Elixirs in Final Fantasy games and all that. Far too rare and precious to use even after the game already finishes.)
[14:25] <Nasturtium> lol
[14:25] * Nasturtium gets on the ship and asks the captured alchemist cook if she can whip up a victory carrot cake
[14:27] <&Mister_Cavern> ...I'm not sure you actually captured the alchemist. Did you?
[14:27] <Nasturtium> I tought we did...
[14:27] <Nasturtium> dunno
[14:27] <Barzini> (Yeah, Sparkles has one and Nast has the other, between a fusionist and a mana alchemist.)
[14:28] <Nasturtium> ah, right
[14:29] <Sparkles> (Johnny should be healing just fine from the Greater Vigor)
[14:29] <Barzini> (Ah yes.)
[14:33] * Barzini hits the bar, quietly thinking about how a pirate ship is so much more decked out than the Overlord's mansion. Not even a castle yet!
[14:34] * Nasturtium ponders adding the EvilCorp HQ to the ship....
[14:37] <&Mister_Cavern> "Oh, sure! Um... just, you have to eat the current one before I can bake another."
[14:38] <Nasturtium> "Huh. Ok then."
[14:38] <Nasturtium> "Barz, you know she can make more of those, right?"
[14:39] <Barzini> "All this time I've been saving it because she hasn't made more and she hasn't made more because we have to eat this one!?"
[14:39] <&Mister_Cavern> "You see, I infuse specific mana into the ones I make, and when they're consumed, the mana activates and does its thing but is then unleashed and returns to me to use again."
[14:39] <&Mister_Cavern> "Correct!:
[14:40] * Barzini whips out the carrot cake and gets to celebrating.
[14:40] <Nasturtium> "Ok, so we have, what, two Iron Knights in our employ?"
[14:41] *** Crystal quit (Client closed the connection)
[14:42] <Barzini> "Every bit as delicious as I imagined... and it heals!"
[14:42] *** rabid_schnauzer (Josh@Nightstar-eeb5173c.pa.comcast.net) joined
[14:42] *** rabid_schnauzer changed nick to Crystal
[14:44] * Crystal joins Barzfly in drinking
[14:44] <Crystal> "Remind me, are we drinking to celebrate beating the CEO or are we drinking to forget that we still have to deal with the board?"
[14:45] <Sparkles> "We have a sorta plan to deal with the Board. So probably victory."
[14:45] <Barzini> "Both!"
[14:45] <Nasturtium> "Celebrate, and plan to deal with the board. What I'm thinking is get all of our Iron Knights together, buff them out the wazoo, and have them bullrush the board in to a gate to celestia."
[14:48] <Sparkles> " And then we combine the ship with the portal!"
[14:48] <Nasturtium> "Or... wait, couldn't we just wish them into a deep, far off coast part of the Silver Sea?"
[14:48] <Barzini> "If we did that they'd find their way back."
[14:49] <Barzini> (Although I was about to ask if Dimensional Anchor beats Gate.)
[14:49] <Barzini> (Not that any of my doods have it)
[14:49] <Barzini> (In case they can just shift back after being dumped on Celestia)
[14:49] <Nasturtium> "Well... the gargoyle will likely sink... the rakshasa can't naturally fly... I suppose we could probably do something about the succubus and space demon's flight..."
[14:51] <Nasturtium> "We have a Keynesian Efreet Ruby. We can do three wishes, 1-remove/block flight abilities of Board, 2-gate them to [point] in Celestia and 3-dimensional anchor them there."
[14:52] * Crystal burps a little
[14:53] <Crystal> "Uh, Cap'n?"
[14:53] <Crystal> "Where'd we get that Ruby from again?"
[14:54] <Barzini> "We need a sacrifice to use that ruby though..."
[14:55] <Nasturtium> "Not a sacrifice, just someone to, er, use it on. They come back good as before once the efreet is dead."
[14:55] <Nasturtium> "Looted it."
[14:55] <Crystal> "From who? Or is it whom?"
[14:56] <Nasturtium> "Drider, I think"
[14:56] <&Mister_Cavern> One of the minions pipes up. "It's whom."
[14:56] <&Mister_Cavern> So here's my thought: we leave off here, with you all in the ship again, safely recuperating while the board of directors are shitting themselves with fear. This gives you a week to get plans in order, and gives me half an hour to walk the dog.
[14:56] <Barzini> "Oh, Sparkles. How'd you like to be contracted for some R&D for the netherworld when you get a break from seafaring?"
[14:56] <Nasturtium> sounds good
[14:57] <Barzini> "I got this brief case full of stuff glowing with radioactors and stuff."
[14:57] <Sparkles> "I guess, sure."
[14:57] * Barzini gives the looted polonium to Sparkles.
[14:57] <Nasturtium> ((also, we should totally recruit that JAck))
[14:58] *** Sparkles changed nick to Quantumboost
[14:58] *** ChanServ sets channel #arbitrarystring mode +qo Quantumboost Quantumboost
[14:58] <Barzini> (I'm okay with a week to prepare.)
[14:59] <&Mister_Cavern> So, the team have seized victory in a not-that-scary fight! They now have the company car and everything, and just one challenge ahead. Or not. There might be more. Or fewer. But there is stuff in the future! Tune in for Tengen Toppa Friendship Punch!
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Ugh, sorry guys. I came down with some kind of cold.
icyshadowlord
Knight-Baron

Post by icyshadowlord »

Hey guys. I've been away from the Den for quite a while, but wanted to drop by and see how my favourite campaign has been going.
Also kinda wanted to know how you guys are doing in general.
Last edited by icyshadowlord on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Lurker and fan of random stuff." - Icy's occupation
sabs wrote:And Yes, being Finnish makes you Evil.
virgil wrote:And has been successfully proven with Pathfinder, you can just say you improved the system from 3E without doing so and many will believe you to the bitter end.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Just asking if we can confirm that we're on for tomorrow or not?
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

CONFIRMED

(Yeah, game is on)
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

So here we have the final session of a fun campaign:
[11:45] <&Mister_Cavern> So, last session you guys decided to leave, heading to your ship so you could regroup and do some planning rather than taking the lift down and meeting your new underlings.
[11:45] <Nasturtium> yep, and we're thinking about throwing a "Met the new bosses!" party and getting the board drunk
[11:45] <Crystal> (right. planning. uh-uh)
[11:45] <Crystal>
[11:47] <~Sparkles> ((Plans? BLASPHEMY! Or possibly Dictum.))
[11:48] * Nasturtium on ship: "Ok, so we need to trick the board into a gate to Celestia, and remove their ability to just teleport back..."
[11:49] <~Sparkles> "We could talk them into doing a panty raid on the place?"
[11:49] <Nasturtium> "...ok, that's a surprisingly good idea."
[11:49] * ~Sparkles shudders at repressed memories...
[11:50] <Barzini> "That really was the best carrot cake ever."
[11:51] <Nasturtium> "Ok, so I think we still need to get them drunk first...."
[11:52] <Nasturtium> "Though conceivably we could actually convince them that a celestial panty raid would be a great business venture."
[11:52] *** Sparkles quit (Connection closed)
[11:52] *** Sparkles (androirc@Nightstar-b6e68f29.sub-70-199-128.myvzw.com) joined
[11:52] <Crystal> "Do celestial panties really have that high a resale value?"
[11:52] * Barzini asks the new Magic Knight if she knows anything about the Board's weaknesses or vices.
[11:53] <Barzini> "I dunno. The celestial sandals sell big."
[11:53] <Nasturtium> "To the right collector..."
[11:54] <Barzini> "But, I've never even met a celestial that wears sandals.
[11:54] <Barzini> "
[11:54] <&Mister_Cavern> "Weaknesses? Not really. They try not to have weaknesses, or at least show them. Vices... Probably all of them?"
[11:54] <Barzini> "I guess Greed is what we'll have to work with..."
[11:54] <Nasturtium> "Plus we can tell them we'll set up a toll booth out of celestia, and they have them target only Lawful celestials, so that when the celestials try to respond, they have to pay the toll"
[11:56] <Sparkles> "That... only sortnof works, but they *will* be drunk..."
[11:57] <Nasturtium> "yeah, pretty much"
[11:57] <Nasturtium> "We need the hardest alcohol possible."
[11:57] <Nasturtium> "specifically one that will work around immunities to poison"
[11:57] <&Mister_Cavern> I hear that you guys know of a brewery
[11:58] <Barzini> "To BoozeCorp's brewery!"
[11:58] <Sparkles> ((I hear that we ARE a brewery))
[11:59] <Nasturtium> "Alright grunts! we need the 500 proof alcohol!"
[12:00] * Barzini asks the trusty 2IC about the strongest product they crafted, and also asks if an advanced android was really stuck as a receptionist.
[12:03] <&Mister_Cavern> So, you sail off to BoozeCorp?
[12:03] <Nasturtium> yep
[12:03] <Barzini> (yes)
[12:03] <Sparkles> ((Ooh! Proposed amendment to the plan: we tell them we're going to Celestia but I actua
[12:04] <Sparkles> Lly planeshift them to the PEP))
[12:04] <Barzini> (Works, but whichever way this goes we need them anchored)
[12:04] <&Mister_Cavern> "Well the mushroom stuff is just our basic local stuff for regular consumption. If you're specifically looking for strong booze, we have Omnifernalodka, where we get Baciels drunk, club them unconscious, then ferment them and pressure-boil that for a couple of weeks."
[12:05] <Nasturtium> "Can you further increase the strength?"
[12:05] <Barzini> "Omnifernalodka. Sounds... corrosive."
[12:06] <&Mister_Cavern> "...we could cast Bull's Strength on them first? Or maybe if we then used that to get a different Baciel drunk, and then used that one in the brewing process..."
[12:06] <Nasturtium> "Do both, we need the strongest booze possible. Booze that can get someone immune to poison drunk"
[12:06] <&Mister_Cavern> "Oh, and yeah, they thought it best that the actual thinking-related tasks be left to someone competent. And unable to get drunk."
[12:08] <Nasturtium> "Makes sense. But what would be even better is a receptionist who becomes more competent when drunk"
[12:09] <Nasturtium> "Ok, we'll need... shit, how much Omniomnifernalodka should we get? Sparkles! You're our official party person, how much booze should we get?"
[12:09] <Barzini> "Ah... eh... fair enough, we have our strengths and weaknesses. Still, we're like Laharl and Etna but sexier!"
[12:10] <Sparkles> "20 tons sounds good? Since when am I the party person?"
[12:11] <Nasturtium> "Now?"
[12:11] * Barzini blinks, "Booze in tons? Twenty tons of Baciels?"
[12:11] * Crystal jumps up and claps
[12:11] <Sparkles> "Oh. Alright then."
[12:12] <Sparkles> "I guess that sort-of falls under Diplomancy anyway."
[12:12] <Nasturtium> "Booze aided diplomacy, even!"
[12:13] <&Mister_Cavern> "Okay... we'll start prepping the Baciels. Does anyone actually have the ability to cast Bull's Strength though?"
[12:13] * Nasturtium looks around. "Um, an item of it shouldn't be too expensive..."
[12:13] <Nasturtium> "I.e. we need to stop by the Rozen Queen, I think."
[12:15] <Sparkles> "Direct attribute buffs aren't really my schtick..."
[12:15] <Barzini> "I have an extra tree stump to strap onto our Baciel of choice. But do we put it on the one we make into Omnifernalodka, or the one who will drink it?"
[12:15] <Nasturtium> "Both? I don't think the stump will ferment, being magical"
[12:16] *** GX (GX@Nightstar-80648d3d.dsl.look.ca) joined
[12:16] <Crystal> "Nuh-uh, they use wormy stumps making abisinthe, it'll be fine"
[12:17] <Barzini> "I thought they made that stuff out of green fairies."
[12:17] <Barzini> "Creepy little bastards."
[12:17] <Nasturtium> "I think they turn the fairies into the stumps"
[12:17] <Crystal> "I never understood the point of the spoon, myself"
[12:21] *** Sparkles quit (Connection closed)
[12:21] *** Sparkles (androirc@Nightstar-b6e68f29.sub-70-199-128.myvzw.com) joined
[12:21] <Sparkles> "So, we have a plan worked out then?"
[12:22] <Nasturtium> "well... we know how we're going to try to get them drunk..."
[12:22] <&Mister_Cavern> And so, through various means, Baciels have their Strength scores enhanced, are then loaded up with booze, clubbed out cold, and then the fermentation process begins. "So, it'll be one week to make these into regular omnifernalodka, and then another week to make omnomnomnifernalodka."
[12:23] <Nasturtium> "I suppose whoever's going to do the convincing should work up a presentation of the business venture..."
[12:23] <Nasturtium> "and we can probably all look it over and give feedback to make the best presentation possible..."
[12:23] <Nasturtium> "Barz, does your android have powerpoint capabilities?"
[12:24] <Crystal> (( only Psionics run off Power Points ;) ))
[12:24] <Nasturtium> (harhar)
[12:25] <Barzini> "I haven't seen her use those kinds of freaky mindbullet powers, but there isn't much she can't do!"
[12:25] * Sparkles starts working on an outline which is inexplicably interlaced with a story about a fairy cyborg princess who makes friends with a ninja unicorn.
[12:25] <Nasturtium> "No, I mean, like graphic presentation and stuff... mind bulletpoints!"
[12:26] <Nasturtium> so... given that a presentation is being worked up in the next two weeks... can the person writing it take 20?
[12:28] <Barzini> "Maybe our therapists would have those powers."
[12:30] <Nasturtium> hmm... I suppose we could hit up the RQ while we wait, too
[12:32] <&Mister_Cavern> Crafting the presentation can take 20 I suppose, yeah
[12:32] <Nasturtium> who has the best Dipl. mod? Mine's 14
[12:32] <Sparkles> 25
[12:32] <Crystal> 21
[12:32] <Nasturtium> wow
[12:33] <Nasturtium> how much would a +Diplomacy item be, <C?
[12:36] <&Mister_Cavern> Minor Item, so a few thousand Hell
[12:36] <Nasturtium> ok, Sparkles are you already using a +dipl. item?
[12:37] <Sparkles> Nope
[12:37] <Nasturtium> welp, we have a charge card
[12:37] <Nasturtium> +Cha item, sparkles?
[12:37] <Sparkles> Yup
[12:37] <Nasturtium> k
[12:38] <Nasturtium> So we need to hit up the Rozen Queen for a +Dipl. item, and then let you write up a presentation
[12:38] <Nasturtium> Aid another applicable on that presentation, MC?
[12:39] <&Mister_Cavern> If you can give me a good example of how you're aiding, sure
[12:40] <Nasturtium> revising the presentation as it's writen
[12:40] * Barzini will provide Aid Another as well, by way of giving Sparkles the Overlord's seal of approval.
[12:40] * Sparkles will aid ano... wait.
[12:42] <Crystal> ( we're selling them on the panty raid idea, right? )
[12:42] <Nasturtium> yep
[12:42] <Sparkles> Yus
[12:42] <Nasturtium> convincing them it's a great business venture
[12:46] * Crystal Will help by using her sphere granted Sympathy ability on a pair of panties provided by our token Celestial crewmate
[12:46] * Sparkles drafts a compelling narrative involving feats of persuasion and leaps of logic that are intuitive and compelling even (especially) while drunk off one's rocker.
[12:46] <Nasturtium> ...who is writting the presentation, I believe...
[12:46] <Nasturtium> and apparently involves flashing her panties upon which sympathy has been cast...
[12:47] <Sparkles> I've got spares. Have to, with this crew.
[12:47] <Nasturtium> Oh, we need to make another purchase, I think.
[12:48] <Nasturtium> we need some kind of cursed item to give each of the board members that hits them with dimensional anchor after stepping through the gate
[12:48] <Nasturtium> like, an exceptionally expensive pen set
[12:48] <Barzini> (Oh cool is there an item like that? That would save us the Efreeti cheese.)
[12:49] <Nasturtium> don't know, but if we can get one, it'd be helpful
[12:49] <Nasturtium> or, you know, four
[12:50] <Sparkles> ((It's just a contingent chained dimensional anchor from a Wish 9_9))
[12:50] <Nasturtium> that'd work, but it has a short duration
[12:50] <Sparkles> ((Hn. Point.))
[12:51] <Nasturtium> and can't be extended
[12:52] <&Mister_Cavern> Well you can talk to RQ about that.
[12:52] <Sparkles> So modified dimensional shackles then
[12:52] <Nasturtium> which we'd like to do
[12:52] <Barzini> (Heeyyyy.)
[12:53] <Nasturtium> yeah, dimensional shackles in the form of a lovely pen set, that take effect after passing through a gate
[12:53] <Barzini> (I guess the Mana Alchemist wouldn't be high enough level to make anchoring cake would she?)
[12:53] <Barzini> (Make them eat the item so it's inside them???)
[12:54] <Barzini> (Wait, they'd get to save like that...)
[12:54] <&Mister_Cavern> "Hello, this is Rozen Queen, how may we assist you?"
[12:56] <Nasturtium> "We need pen sets that affect a creature with continuous dimensional anchor."
[12:56] <Nasturtium> "Or some portable executive gift type thing, preferably cursed so they can't just chuck it"
[13:00] <Barzini> (Wait a minute.)
[13:00] <Barzini> (Hadn't the last Overlord requested this very item from HexCorp?)
[13:00] <Barzini> (Major deja vu here)
[13:00] <Nasturtium> (did he?)
[13:00] <Barzini> (The last Overlord commissioned a magical pen from HexCorp, but I can't remember why)
[13:01] <Barzini> (And how convenient, we own HexCorp now.)
[13:02] <Barzini> "Wait, we should call up those hooded warriors! Pfhahahaha, Hooded Warriors..."
[13:02] <&Mister_Cavern> "Oh I see... we don't deal in such things. I'm afraid you'll have to talk to the Mysterious Hooded Man about Dark World Items."
[13:03] <Nasturtium> "Huh. Ok, thanks."
[13:03] * Nasturtium goes to talk to the Mysterious Hooded Man
[13:04] <Nasturtium> (and not as far as I can tell...)
[13:04] <Barzini> ([15:35] <@Mister_Cavern> "Certainly. It was about a year before his disappearance. He wanted a contingent hex placed onto an item for whoever would touch it - the item was an ordinary pen, not even a fancy fountain pen. The first person to touch it would be stunned for all eternity." <-- ok not D.Anchor but close.)
[13:04] * Sparkles goes along to help protect against the horrible deathtaint
[13:04] <Nasturtium> (ah, right. I guess I looked at the wrong logs)
[13:05] <Barzini> (Unfortunately log says he already collected it, so we can't just go in and ask them to give it to us.)
[13:05] <&Mister_Cavern> (You're talking to them on the phone)
[13:05] <Nasturtium> er, right then, *calls the Mysterious Hooded Man
[13:10] <&Mister_Cavern> ...
[13:12] <Nasturtium> (???)
[13:13] *** Quantumboost (androirc@Nightstar-b6e68f29.sub-70-199-128.myvzw.com) joined
[13:13] *** ChanServ sets channel #arbitrarystring mode +qo Quantumboost Quantumboost
[13:13] <Barzini> (?)
[13:13] *** Sparkles quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[13:14] *** Quantumboost changed nick to Sparkles
[13:16] <&Mister_Cavern> I'm sure you can do better than "I'm going to call the Mysterious Hooded Man, because that's his actual name and it must be in the phone book"
[13:16] <&Mister_Cavern> Actually fuck it, this is Disgaea, those statements probably ARE true
[13:17] <Nasturtium> that's kind of what I figured, given the capitalization
[13:17] <&Mister_Cavern> "Hello, Dark World Enterprises, this is the Mysterious Hooded Man speaking."
[13:17] <Nasturtium> "Hi, we need pen sets that trap the owner with dimensional anchor and are cursed so they can't just be chucked"
[13:18] *** Sparkles quit (Connection closed)
[13:18] *** Sparkles (androirc@Nightstar-b6e68f29.sub-70-199-128.myvzw.com) joined
[13:18] <&Mister_Cavern> "...how many do you need?"
[13:19] <Nasturtium> "Four, and we need to get the owners through a gate before the effect actually... takes effect"
[13:20] *** AndroUser2 (androirc@Nightstar-07a82773.wa.comcast.net) joined
[13:20] <&Mister_Cavern> "The gate is not my concern. I'll need four regular pens, four cursed items of some variety, and four tough minions who don't mind fighting. Bring them to the edge of the Hermuda Triangle nearest the Dark Assembly Tower."
[13:21] <AndroUser2> "How expendable do the minions need to be?"
[13:22] <Barzini> "Gn ack! I just gave my cursed tree stump to Vita for the omnifernalodka!"
[13:22] * Nasturtium calls up RQ "do you have cursed swords?"
[13:23] <Nasturtium> (ie, the moderate quality that's actually pretty awesome)
[13:23] <&Mister_Cavern> "Of course"
[13:23] <Nasturtium> "we'll take four, please"
[13:24] <&Mister_Cavern> Kaching. Transaction occurs, and you end up with four cursed swords
[13:24] *** Sparkles quit (Ping timeout: 121 seconds)
[13:24] <Nasturtium> now to find somewhere to buy the pens from...
[13:25] *** AndroUser2 changed nick to Sparkles
[13:25] *** Sparkles quit ([NS] Quit: AndroIRC - Android IRC Client ( http://www.androirc.com ))
[13:26] *** Quantumboost (androirc@Nightstar-07a82773.wa.comcast.net) joined
[13:26] *** ChanServ sets channel #arbitrarystring mode +qo Quantumboost Quantumboost
[13:26] <&Mister_Cavern> ...people are having rather a bit of Internet trouble it seems
[13:26] <Nasturtium> apparently
[13:26] *** Quantumboost changed nick to Sparkles
[13:26] <~Sparkles> That time I think I just hit disconnect
[13:26] <&Mister_Cavern> hahaha
[13:27] <&Mister_Cavern> Well, they just want regular pens, so presumably ordinary biros will do.
[13:27] <Nasturtium> Masterwork biros
[13:27] <&Mister_Cavern> Sure.
[13:28] <Nasturtium> and now minions...
[13:28] * Nasturtium looks over her crew
[13:28] <&Mister_Cavern> So you have everything you need. But which minions are going to be sacrificed?
[13:28] <Nasturtium> how many ironknights do we have?
[13:28] <&Mister_Cavern> 2
[13:28] <Nasturtium> ok, we need two more minions.
[13:28] <&Mister_Cavern> Sir Benchworthy and AAAAAAAA
[13:28] <Nasturtium> wait, no.
[13:28] <Barzini> (My Gargoyles.)
[13:29] <Nasturtium> we have, what, three party members who sort of dropped out?
[13:29] <Nasturtium> can we use them?
[13:29] <&Mister_Cavern> hahaha, sure
[13:29] <Nasturtium> There we go. Kuniko, Hobbes... wasn't there at least one more?
[13:29] <Barzini> (My two Gargoyles from InsecuriCorp, and sure, Nax's dark knight.)
[13:29] <Barzini> (Noooo not Kuniko and Hobbes)
[13:29] <Nasturtium> ah, right
[13:30] <Nasturtium> what better way to curse the boardmembers than by sacrificing out ex crew mates?
[13:30] <&Mister_Cavern> Okay, so we have 2 Gargoyles, the Dark Knight and an Iron Knight
[13:30] <Nasturtium> ok, that works
[13:30] <Nasturtium> AAAAA
[13:30] <Nasturtium> Benchworthy was cool
[13:30] <Barzini> (If we had any dominance over Kuniko... well, we clearly didn't. :O )
[13:31] <&Mister_Cavern> Because I don't want to drag this out any further than it already has been, the trip is fast and without disturbance. There is a very small island with a hideous portal, dark lightning crackling out and crawling across the sand.
[13:31] <&Mister_Cavern> Mysterious Hooded Man is standing there, just waiting.
[13:32] * Nasturtium holds out the pens, swords and minions "here ya go"
[13:33] <&Mister_Cavern> "Very well. The Dark World accepts your side of the bargain." The minions are all equipped, and shunted through the portal. There is a thunderclap and shriek each time, but you end up with four finely crafted fountainpens of impurest gold. In velvet-and-rosewood cases.
[13:33] <&Mister_Cavern> "Make sure not to handle the pens yourself."
[13:33] <Nasturtium> "Thank you very much"
[13:34] <Barzini> "So long Bazza, Fionnlagh! Your service to the Ntherworld won't be forgotten!"
[13:34] <Nasturtium> so, presentation writing rolls and all that?
[13:35] * Barzini quietly sayas, "Finally, we found a way to get our money's worth for that cursed armor!"
[13:35] <Barzini> (-typos)
[13:36] <~Sparkles> !dice 55
[13:36] <Yuffie> Sparkles : Error in dice roll
[13:36] <~Sparkles> ((Taking 20 rite))
[13:36] <&Mister_Cavern> Well there really isn't any rolling done: 20 + modifier + 6 (your Aid Others) + Item Bonus
[13:36] <~Sparkles> Ah, 61 then
[13:37] <&Mister_Cavern> Right, so do you want to zoom ahead to your arrival with the booze and all?
[13:37] <Nasturtium> "We should get a contract or something written up too... have them sign it after sending them over.
[13:37] <Nasturtium> I assume getting a contract written up can be glossed over and all
[13:39] <~Sparkles> Montage go!
[13:39] <Barzini> "No need! We just need to get them into a fistfight with the Celestials so we can get on with ruling the Netherworld!"
[13:40] <Nasturtium> "I think the way the pens work is that they're affected when they touch them."
[13:40] <&Mister_Cavern> Eventually, the double-fermented omnomnomnifernalodka is prepared, stored in Gekiganium-lined casks which are carefully locked into place aboard the ship. "Careful, this still has essence of Baciel: it never misses the liver."
[13:41] <Nasturtium> "Perfect!"
[13:41] <Barzini> "BoozeCorp's ultimate spirit!"
[13:42] <&Mister_Cavern> One journey later, you find yourselves once again at the deserted theme park, but this time there is a welcoming party outside the Corporate Tower: eight marionettes, eight sabre kitties, a kunnoichi and a galactic demon. All are waiting for you, eyes gleaming menacingly.
[13:42] <Nasturtium> "Hello new grunts!"
[13:43] <&Mister_Cavern> The things that are in groups of eight form two rows - combat conga lines! They pull small devices out... party poppers. BANG! Streamers fly through the air.
[13:43] <Barzini> "Department of Fearmongering must have sent y--"
[13:44] <&Mister_Cavern> "CONGRATULATIONS! You finally came back, please make your way to the party! It... started without you but is still ongoing."
[13:44] <Nasturtium> "Perfect! We planned our own! Benchworthy, bring the booze!"
[13:45] <&Mister_Cavern> Clunk... clunk... clunk... he slowly makes his way along, carrying all of that deadly booze.
[13:45] <Barzini> "Ah, we had to get good and ready. Plus there was some talk over who would be the new CEO. I can't really do it because I'm busy rebuilding our navy!"
[13:46] <Nasturtium> "Hey! Board members, we went and specially commissioned the ultimate booze! It-... well it's on it's way up."
[13:47] * ~Sparkles kidnaps the kunoichi on the way up
[13:47] <&Mister_Cavern> The Galactic Demon leaps into the air, transforming into a katana, grabbed by the kunoichi. She then blasts a hole through the wall, so as to avoid the ghost train nonsense... and is then abducted by Sparkles
[13:48] <Nasturtium> handy
[13:48] <~Sparkles> ((Ooh, a minion who can magichange people? Handy.))
[13:49] <Barzini> (I just sacrificed mine.)
[13:51] <&Mister_Cavern> And indeed, there seems to be a party raging through the whole building. Occasionally the entire structure rocks from an explosion or some other catastrophe. It's probably okay though. Probably.
[13:52] <Nasturtium> We get the board members drinking the omnomonomnifernalodka
[13:53] <Barzini> "This is the premium brew of BoozeCorp. We hope you'll like it."
[13:54] <Nasturtium> "You have no clue how hard it was to get it out of there undrunk... or here, for that matter"
[13:59] <&Mister_Cavern> "BOOOOOZE!"
[14:00] * ~Sparkles starts carousing with the board members once they're drunk before gathering their attention and launching into her presentation.
[14:00] <Crystal> "Ayup!"
[14:00] *** Quantumboost (androirc@Nightstar-07a82773.wa.comcast.net) joined
[14:01] *** ChanServ sets channel #arbitrarystring mode +qo Quantumboost Quantumboost
[14:01] *** Sparkles quit ([NS] Quit: AndroIRC - Android IRC Client ( http://www.androirc.com ))
[14:01] *** Quantumboost changed nick to Sparkles
[14:01] * Barzini whispers, "Is she really going to flash her panties at them?"
[14:01] <&Mister_Cavern> Well, they're already completely shitfaced by the time the presentation starts, so it's already going to go well from there...
[14:02] * Nasturtium whispers back "if it helps, maybe"
[14:03] <~Sparkles> "...So as you can see, the profit potential is highest if we do a panty raid on each level of Celestia in random order!"
[14:03] * ~Sparkles uses the Sympathizes panties as a pointer during the presentation
[14:03] * Crystal applauds with glee
[14:03] * Nasturtium gets a very, very odd mental image
[14:04] <&Mister_Cavern> "It is? ...sure." "Yeah, random means they don't get to prepare!"
[14:04] <~Sparkles> "And then since they're Lawful we set up a tollbooth so they have to pay us to retaliate, so we get paid twice."
[14:05] <~Sparkles> "So WHO IS WITH ME"
[14:05] <&Mister_Cavern> "YEAH"
[14:05] <~Sparkles> ((We should make sure the board members have their pens now))
[14:06] * Nasturtium hands out gift wrapped pen boxes "Don't open 'em till you're there, though."
[14:06] <&Mister_Cavern> "PRESENTS! YEAH!"
[14:06] <~Sparkles> "Onward to profit!"
[14:07] * Nasturtium pulls out her drill and opens the gate to Celestia!
[14:07] * ~Sparkles points to the location for opening the gate
[14:07] <&Mister_Cavern> Hers is the drill that will pierce the Heavens! (Row, row, fight the powa!)
[14:07] <Nasturtium> Damn straight!
[14:08] <&Mister_Cavern> The drunk board members charge right on through the gate, not looking back - even as they start to open the boxes to see what they got.
[14:08] * ~Sparkles flies through, leading the board to Celestia and instructing them to pull out their pens and yell "______, Make Up!"
[14:08] <Nasturtium> (brilliant XD )
[14:09] <&Mister_Cavern> Various nonsensical things are shouted out. There's a small possibility any of them got any words right.
[14:09] <~Sparkles> "Okay! Only one thing left!"
[14:09] * Barzini tries to peer through the gate and see how it's going.
[14:10] * ~Sparkles Plane Shifts back once the Gate closes
[14:10] * Nasturtium tries to catch a glimpse of any panty shots that may occur before closing the gate
[14:10] * ~Sparkles also after lighting up the sky with some light spells
[14:11] <&Mister_Cavern> If they realise they've just been screwed... then they have no way of communicating this realisation to you. It appears to have worked: the Gate is closed, and they're all trapped in Celestia, unable to return, whereas you are all here.
[14:11] <Nasturtium> Woot
[14:11] <Nasturtium> "That wasn't particularly hard, even..."
[14:11] <Nasturtium> "Anyone want to let the celestials know?"
[14:12] <Barzini> "Pfhahahahaha, trying to be a comedian, Captain?"
[14:13] <Nasturtium> "Nah, just figured the longer it takes for the celestials to notice them, the better their chance of sobering up and catching on and trying to get back"
[14:13] <Crystal> When we have this great party going on? nah!
[14:13] <Barzini> "Bahahahahahahaha, let the Celestials know, that ancient horrors have just been sealed up there! Hahahahahaha!"
[14:13] <Nasturtium> "Heh, fair enough"
[14:13] <&Mister_Cavern> One of you is Overlord - and technically head of the Navy as well. One of you is now sole owner of EvilCorp. One of you has just earned a reputation as a traitor who started an invasion against Celestia... and there's still booze lef- wait no there isn't, Crystal is here
[14:13] * Nasturtium dibs on Owner!
[14:14] <&Mister_Cavern> ...that's rather what I meant.
[14:14] <Nasturtium> ah, fair enough
[14:14] * ~Sparkles gets back eventually. "Set off a lightshow, the Archons should be by to pick them up."
[14:14] <Nasturtium> "oh good"
[14:15] <&Mister_Cavern> (Meanwhile, on Celestia... <Constable Trumpet> Hmm, it seems as though Heaven... *sunglasses.gif* ...has just gone to Hell)
[14:17] <&Mister_Cavern> And so, the final obstacle in your path has been dealt with - there is no longer a threat to the various Netherworlds, their corporate tyranny has been ended once and for all - only for a new corporate? tyranny? to begin. Probably less evil and more regular-disruptive though, returning to proper Demon ways
[14:18] <&Mister_Cavern> [Good End]
[14:18] <Barzini> "Vita, if you see a fire breathing prinny with horns, tell him that all his powerlevelling paid off."
[14:19] <&Mister_Cavern> "Understood, master."
[14:20] <&Mister_Cavern> So there we have it. The game has come to an end~
[14:20] <Nasturtium> and fun was had by all
[14:20] <&Mister_Cavern> I guess that means you're all allowed to gain another level if you want :p
[14:20] <~Sparkles> Many lulz
[14:21] <Nasturtium> well, it means that Nast gets a "second cohort"
[14:21] * ~Sparkles immediately gains a level of Fallen, a Fiend Feat, becomes a blue octahedron and rampages around Tokyo-3
[14:21] <&Mister_Cavern> hahaha
[14:21] <Crystal> heh
[14:22] *** Sparkles changed nick to Quantumboost
[14:22] * Nasturtium tells Rammy to take ranks in "Business administration" and heads the business through her cohort from the ship
[14:22] <&Mister_Cavern> Hmm, Nasturtium will in fact be able to raise her father from the dead at this point, I imagine. Potentially needing Sparkles' help with it, but she now has the capacity to do so.
[14:22] <&Mister_Cavern> But what does Crystal do?
[14:22] *** Mister_Cavern changed nick to Koumei
[14:22] *** Barzini changed nick to Iori[14:22] *** Crystal changed nick to rabid_schnauzer
[14:23] *** Nasturtium changed nick to Prak
[14:23] <Prak> apparently Crystal gets a name change
[14:25] <&Koumei> So I don't know what we all want to do with this timeslot starting next week - just have the time free, someone else run something or whatever.
[14:25] <Prak> we had talked about you running Pokemansd20
[14:25] <&Koumei> Oh right. That's an option, yeah.
[14:26] <Prak> up to you whether you feel like running again, though
[14:26] <&Koumei> I wouldn't start it next week, but we could at the least discuss what people want out of it then.
[14:26] <GX> I'd be tempted to do that.
[14:26] <Prak> fair enough
[14:26] <&Koumei> A GX is welcome too~
[14:26] <GX> That said, I need to see the new work. I recall liking what I saw of earlier work, but not sure if that was necessarily d20
[14:27] <Iori> Game ends with Barzini actually getting his title of Overlord then. Which is the only class ability for Overlord 2nd, but a fitting one. And I guess once his fortress is established and stuff, he and Nast get to put on a big political show, which will probably result in him being exactly what he was pissed off enough to become a pirate over.
With thanks to all the players (including those who weren't here for the whole journey), and to those who provided help with various ideas and such.
icyshadowlord
Knight-Baron

Post by icyshadowlord »

Just as I get back to check in, the game ends. Oh well, it was one hell of a run.
"Lurker and fan of random stuff." - Icy's occupation
sabs wrote:And Yes, being Finnish makes you Evil.
virgil wrote:And has been successfully proven with Pathfinder, you can just say you improved the system from 3E without doing so and many will believe you to the bitter end.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Yeah, sorry about that - but at least you weren't sacrificed to work in the Dark World for eternity just to make a magic pen.

That said, I'll be running a Pokeymans game in the near future (it was decided), so you're welcome to join that if you're interested. We'll start discussing what we want out of it next week (same time, same channel).