[IC]Back to Basics

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Flintbeard will remember this moment for the rest of his life
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

A thousand questions spin in Dorgan's mind as he observes the scene. What is this strange canister? Where did the monolith come from? Is this the Elixir of the Bros that the strange snake-like thing spoke about? What does it do?
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

"Can we get more? If so I would partake in one of these legendary elixirs before we deliver it to the golden snake."

Atani remembers something suddenly "Oh! And let us look about for treasure. There appears to be a great pile of things around the base."
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

One of the myconids has broken out the fungus-liquor, which is passed around in hollow gourds. The Eldest places more coins in the Monolith, and more of the metal canisters are discharged. Several of the mushroom men force vessels into your hands, and very soon all of you are at least slightly drunk on the heady, yeasty beverage.

The more sober fungus-men scrape about the roots of the dead Wort, where the remains of its victims were, unearthing a small hoard of silver coins which they bring to the Eldest - but they leave behind a goodly assortment of gems and other items which they seem to attach no value to.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Equal parts surprised and amused, and perhaps still lightheaded from the spores and the beverages (without a doubt, the finest thing that Gilles has ever drank--he thanks the Sea Mother for allowing him such an experience), Gilles will look through the treasures that the fungus men left behind. If he encounters anything that looks like a religious artifact he'll make Religion checks on it and if he encounters anything that looks magical in nature he'll make a Spellcraft check.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

In a moment of clarity between draughts, Dorgan asks the Eldest Bro: "Say, during my travels, I picked up a disease from an undead creature. Could you maybe help me cure it?"
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

[History check on the dug up treasure]
Last edited by OgreBattle on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Gilles will look through the treasures that the fungus men left behind. If he encounters anything that looks like a religious artifact he'll make Religion checks on it and if he encounters anything that looks magical in nature he'll make a Spellcraft check.
Minus the coins, most of the goods that survive are metal or stone - whatever the tendrils of the Wort could not digest. So there are at least two handfuls of gems of different sizes, and varied rusted bits of arms and armor in general bad shape - save for one great helm, a set of elven chain, and something that looks like a dwarvish girdle or belt-and-loin-cloth made of mithril discs strung together. But what immediately catches Gilles' eye is an earthenware vessel, marked with the sigil of a spider, a common motif amid the drow, and which appears to be the type used to hold the communal blood-wine used in drow religious services. It sloshes gently when shaken.
In a moment of clarity between draughts, Dorgan asks the Eldest Bro: "Say, during my travels, I picked up a disease from an undead creature. Could you maybe help me cure it?"
*Bro* the Eldest Brother says, *You sick bro? No problem, bro. Reaching into his pouch, the Eldest pulls out a small clay pot and uncaps it; the brownish-black musky liquid inside smells of every foulness the dwarf can imagine - worse than when he was a dwarfling and fell into an open septic tank. *Good for gill-rot and everything else, bro. Two of the other mushroom men come and hold Dorgan down, pinching his nose shut and holding his mouth open as the Eldest Brother upends the small pot into his mouth, then massages his throat to make sure the dwarf swallows it. That done, the mushroom men release him, and go back about their partying.

Dorgan crumples to the ground and for the next few minutes is noisily and busily ill. However, when he manages to wipe his beard and stand again, amazingly he does feel much better. Also, his throat is dry, and another gourd of funger-brew is passed to him.
History check on the dug up treasure
None of the arms or armor seem of surface manufacture - you would guess that no-one from the surface has been down here for some time.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Flintbeard shows the Mushroom bros the hammer gained from beating up that undead that nobody has used yet and asks if any of them know if it's cursed or magick'd
Ancient History
Serious Badass

The Eldest reaches into his pouch, and brings forth a pinch of grainy gray crystalline powder, which he sprinkles on the hammer. Those that touch the handle and head, the crystals spark and flash in a rainbow of colors, while those that fall on the floor or Flintebeard's hands and sleeve quickly and quietly evaporate without fanfare.

*Magic, bro.* The Eldest Bro says, shaking his great head knowingly.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

Dorgan shakily thanks the Eldest Bro and proceeds to make an appraise check on the gems.
Last edited by Sirocco on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Atani will try on the Great Helm and make many attempts to think command words and try to make some magical effect occur.
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

The bros congratulate Atani on his new headgear, telling him it looks very stylish.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Flintbeard tries on the elvish chain and wields the hammer
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

Dorgan tries on the girdle.

"Does it make me look fat? Be honest!" he says, chuckling.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Dorgan feels an immense sense of power - like lightning is running through his veins - and his muscles seem to bulge and swell.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

"GROWR! Who's little now? Huh? HUH?!? Come at me bro!" Dorgan says, to no one in particular.

ETA: Dorgan's voice sounds higher than normal to his hears, though, and he pauses, perplexed.

"Hey!"

He fumbles with his splint mail, which has shifted around a bit.

"HEY!"

He pats himself up and down.

"I don't remember having those", he mutters.

Then he turns to the others.

"Ah. There seems to be an unforeseen side-effect that comes with this girdle..."

He half-heartedly tries to remove it, but ultimately gives up. "Eh, as long as I get to bash in some empty heads, I can live with this, until we find a priest to reverse it."
Last edited by Sirocco on Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

"Well, back in my home city that'd be considered a blessing," Gilles tells Dorgan. "In here, as long as you can fight well I don't think it matters what shape you take." He holds back the urge to giggle; while Gilles' reply is sincere, his amusement at the outcome is impossible to hide.

"Any side effects for you to report?" Gilles asks, turning to Atani.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Ancient History
Serious Badass

There is a crashing noise, and the tinkle of broken pottery. Tim, who is by now more than halfway drunk, had been examining the earthenware vessel marked with the image of a spider, has dropped it. Within is a flask of crystal glass, stopped with black wax, and containing a thick wine as red as blood. The flask is likewise etched with the image of a spider.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

To Gilles, Atani replies "No nothing I can tell"

"If anyone knows anything about Drow imagery or religious symbols maybe take a look at the wine. Then I guess we should grab an elixir and ask the Elder Bro for directions back to the upper level so we may meet with that snake."

Atani grabs a can in preparation and makes sure everything is in order to reascend

"How do we get back up Elder Bro?"

(Does Dorgan look ok?)
Last edited by Dean on Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Flintbeard asks what's up with the poser flask, just in case Tim is possessed
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

"It's a flask of sacred Drow blood-wine," Gilles explains to Flintbeard. "Or least, that's what it looks like. But I'll need to get a closer look to be sure." He calls out to Tim, and if the wizard doesn't respond he'll try to take the flask from him.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Gilles carefully takes the flask, putting it into his bag. "Here," Gilles says, offering his hand to Tim, "let's see if we can't get some of that Elixr to drink."
Ancient History
Serious Badass

The Eldest Bro hands each of you an elixir, giving each of you a rib-bruising hug as he does so. He also has a parting gift: a large rough-woven cloth sack, weighing perhaps a few pounds, with a pale bulbous growth coming out of the top.

*Bros, we want to thank you bros. Take this with you. We will be bros forever.*
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Atani thanks the Eldest Bro for his many assistance's and ask for directions up. Then I'll get back in my place in our standard order and head back into the fight, marching with a proud new hat.