Okay, seriously this time, who put out that Elves=Magic?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Bigode
Duke

Re: Okay, seriously this time, who put out that Elves=Magic?

Post by Bigode »

ROFL (might also make people laugh, cry, or both)
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Koumei at [unixtime wrote:1189854036[/unixtime]]Magpies. They're annoying little bastards, too. The magpie that you feed in your back yard is the same magpie that swoops you in your front yard.

Pretty sure he means Bowerbirds
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Draco_Argentum at [unixtime wrote:1190027815[/unixtime]]
Koumei at [unixtime wrote:1189854036[/unixtime]]Magpies. They're annoying little bastards, too. The magpie that you feed in your back yard is the same magpie that swoops you in your front yard.

Pretty sure he means Bowerbirds

Eh.. I can't tell... might be either one, since now I do remember my own great grandmother mentioning magpies stealing shiny things.
From Wiki, Bowerbirds steal blue things.. so... looks like both are correct.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Draconomicon makes a special mention of dragons "not just being big magpies with breath weapons." It basically says it's not the shininess that attracts them to treasure, it's the innate value of the items. I think it says they'd steal a well-built ornate coffee table.

...if dragons were so smart, wouldn't they just get a Candle of Invocation and use the infinite Wishes to have as much money as they seriously want? They could eat diamonds like breakfast cereal seven times per day, bathe in liquid gold, snort powdered rubies off the asses of (whatever race that individual dragon likes sexing up) prozzies, and still have wall-to-wall platinum and gems.

Anyway, yes. Magpies and Bowerbirds.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.