We need new terms for DMF and Vanilla Action Hero.

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

violence in the media
Duke

Post by violence in the media »

How about Chekhov's Smurf (or Lemming, or Pikmin)?
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

violence in the media wrote:How about Chekhov's Smurf (or Lemming, or Pikmin)?
That implies he'll be of some use later.

One Trick Smurf?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Archmage
Knight-Baron

Post by Archmage »

Why not "Smashy Smurf?"
P.C. Hodgell wrote:That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.
shadzar wrote:i think the apostrophe is an outdated idea such as is hyphenation.
hogarth
Prince

Post by hogarth »

Archmage wrote:Why not "Smashy Smurf?"
I was thinking along the lines of "New, Bad-Ass Aquaman".
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Hulk Smurf? Just for oxymoronic-ness?

Hell, how about just [X] Smurf, where X is the preferred word of the person using it?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Prak_Anima wrote:
Hell, how about just [X] Smurf, where X is the preferred word of the person using it?
I assumed that why everyone was making one to go with "smurf" because the word is versatile enough to go with anything. I like "smurf" and it can be adjust to make the critique of something more specific easily.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Gods_Trick
Apprentice

Post by Gods_Trick »

Cutty Smurf. Obviously does not embrace the huge variety of damage the fighter does *rolls eyes*, but its simple. KISS indeed.
violence in the media
Duke

Post by violence in the media »

Prak_Anima wrote:
violence in the media wrote:How about Chekhov's Smurf (or Lemming, or Pikmin)?
That implies he'll be of some use later.

One Trick Smurf?
Hmm, good point. I was thinking along the lines of this character being Chekhov's gunner or something. Who only succeeds because of the circumstances continuously laid down for them by the plot.