Pathfinder writers have strange sexual fetishes.

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

DSMatticus wrote:The duration's only one round. I think the most appropriate use for it as a party prank, leaving your befuddled victim to try and explain to their peers why they just started making out with the help in the middle of the dining hall.
...I didn't notice that. That's not even making out, that's grabbing something and kissing it, before wondering why you just did that. It might be amusing as a wand at a party, but...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
hogarth
Prince

Post by hogarth »

Prak_Anima wrote:
DSMatticus wrote:The duration's only one round. I think the most appropriate use for it as a party prank, leaving your befuddled victim to try and explain to their peers why they just started making out with the help in the middle of the dining hall.
...I didn't notice that. That's not even making out, that's grabbing something and kissing it, before wondering why you just did that. It might be amusing as a wand at a party, but...
In theory, you could get an enemy to "kiss and caress" a dangerous object, if you had one handy. E.g. something on fire or coated with poison.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

hogarth wrote:
Prak_Anima wrote:
In theory, you could get an enemy to "kiss and caress" a dangerous object, if you had one handy. E.g. something on fire or coated with poison.
Fire elemental. Mummy.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

"Caress the bottom of that cliff. With your face."
K
King

Post by K »

It basically gives you the enemy's move action and stops their standard, so most days you are going to make them go hump a rock somewhere within sight.

In the best of circumstances, you might be able to get them to toss themselves off a cliff or molest some dangerous beast or grab some dangerous object.

By the rules, fire elementals can be hugged without getting burned. It makes no sense, but there you are. You have to punch them to get burned (unarmed or natural weapon attacks).
Last edited by K on Fri May 27, 2011 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

Would hugging be grappling though?
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

K wrote:It basically gives you the enemy's move action and stops their standard, so most days you are going to make them go hump a rock somewhere within sight.

In the best of circumstances, you might be able to get them to toss themselves off a cliff or molest some dangerous beast or grab some dangerous object.

By the rules, fire elementals can be hugged without getting burned. It makes no sense, but there you are. You have to punch them to get burned (unarmed or natural weapon attacks).
Well, half-fire elementals are suddenly explained a lot better...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
K
King

Post by K »

fectin wrote:Would hugging be grappling though?
You can grapple and pin fire elementals without taking damage. You only take damage if you try to make an unarmed or natural weapon attack. You can grapple them and stab them with light weapons all you want though.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

K wrote:
You can grapple and pin fire elementals without taking damage. You only take damage if you try to make an unarmed or natural weapon attack. You can grapple them and stab them with light weapons all you want though.

That's dumb. That's really dumb.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

fectin wrote:
K wrote:

That's dumb. That's really dumb.
Actually it just means that fire elementals are heat resistant bags of fire, and thus it's punching or clawing/biting/whatever that causes the heat to reach you in such a way as to actually burn you.

...ok, that's still dumb.