Post by Zinegata »

Korwin wrote:@Sachs
Bad Event?
Nope, a province handover.
K
King

Post by K »

@Sachs

Was it your intention to attack the one nation who also can sail and who is going to have no problems pressing the war into your lands?
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Actually, yes. That is why we took your capital this turn, because it's pretty much your only production center for sailing-capable commanders; not to mention your sacred troops which you spent a pretty expensive bless on. :)
Last edited by Zinegata on Wed May 23, 2012 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
K
King

Post by K »

Zinegata wrote:Actually, yes. That is why we took your capital this turn, because it's pretty much your only production center for sailing-capable commanders; not to mention your sacred troops which you spent a pretty expensive bless on. :)
I hate to break it to you, but that's a terrible plan for several reasons. You chose literally the worse nation for your nation to go up against at this point in the game.
K
King

Post by K »

If anyone wants a piece of the Sach's pie, I suggest you end your NAPs with him right now. This is going to be a rather quick little war.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

We'll see.

Frankly though, it seems pretty clear that you're bluffing, given that we know your bless, and we now have a pretty good idea of what you spent your money on. :)
Last edited by Zinegata on Wed May 23, 2012 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
K
King

Post by K »

Zinegata wrote:We'll see. Frankly, it seems pretty clear that you're bluffing.
I've run the test games. I know what you're fielding and I know what I'll be fielding.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

K wrote:
Zinegata wrote:We'll see. Frankly, it seems pretty clear that you're bluffing.
I've run the test games. I know what you're fielding and I know what I'll be fielding.
Actually, so did I. Certainly there's some new info that we only got now (i.e. the precise nature of your bless) but we're actually less scared of it now that we know what it is; as it ain't the one I'm worried about :)

Also... LOL. Did everyone run test games against Sachs specifically?
Last edited by Zinegata on Wed May 23, 2012 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
K
King

Post by K »

Zinegata wrote: Actually, so did I. Certainly there's some new info that we only got now (i.e. the precise nature of your bless) but we're actually less scared of it now that we know what it is; as it ain't the one I'm worried about :)
Test games against what? AI-made armies?

I think that you'll find that player-run Tsimzam is a bit more impressive than AI.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

K wrote: I think that you'll find that player-run Tsimzam is a bit more impressive than AI.
I could say the same about your test games against Sachs :).

Anyway, we'll see.
K
King

Post by K »

Zinegata wrote:
K wrote: I think that you'll find that player-run Tsimzam is a bit more impressive than AI.
I could say the same about your test games against Sachs :).

Anyway, we'll see.
I ran test games against your actual army that is failing to break through my castle walls right now. I even ran a few where I gave you extra units and you still did not win.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

K, really, enough with the propaganda. Of course it's "failing to break through your castle walls". It's the first turn of the siege and I'm not LA Ermor who has armies of 5,000 undead to do one-turn sieges. Heck, I don't think LA Ermor can even do that in the early game :p.

That you even bring up this meaningless statement is really just convincing Sachs that this is all a huge bluff on your part.

The facts are simple. We are now besieging your capital. You want it back? Then go send your army and fight an actual battle instead of bragging about these meaningless test games against the AI.

Let's see what actually happens instead of this meaningless posturing.
Last edited by Zinegata on Wed May 23, 2012 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

Okay...So Nimtir just broke an NAP that was agreed to 2 turns ago.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Winnah wrote:Okay...So Nimtir just broke an NAP that was agreed to 2 turns ago.
If by "Nimtir broke" you mean "first we had a meeting battle on Nimtir's side of the fucking border, just 2 turns into the NAP", then yes.

We offered you 30, you took it. 23 was not part of the deal and you slaughtered our bullshit archer force. So we responded by killing your entire army. It's really very simple. We're a bless rush nation, and you don't get to go around attacking our tiny piles of archers in the early game without experiencing horrible retaliation.

-Nimtir
K
King

Post by K »

Zinegata wrote:K, really, enough with the propaganda. Of course it's "failing to break through your castle walls". It's the first turn of the siege and I'm not LA Ermor who has armies of 5,000 undead to do one-turn sieges. Heck, I don't think LA Ermor can even do that in the early game :p.

That you even bring up this meaningless statement is really just convincing Sachs that this is all a huge bluff on your part.

The facts are simple. We are now besieging your capital. You want it back? Then go send your army and fight an actual battle instead of bragging about these meaningless test games against the AI.

Let's see what actually happens instead of this meaningless posturing.
I'm honestly just trying to figure out what you hoped to accomplish because you didn't bring enough troops to win or even crack my castle in the next two years.

At worse, your entire military is about to get killed for nothing and you made yourself a target for an opportunistic neighbor. At best, you just spent your whole military to weaken both nations and make both of us a target for a neighbor.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

FrankTrollman wrote:
Winnah wrote:Okay...So Nimtir just broke an NAP that was agreed to 2 turns ago.
If by "Nimtir broke" you mean "first we had a meeting battle on Nimtir's side of the fucking border, just 2 turns into the NAP", then yes.

We offered you 30, you took it. 23 was not part of the deal and you slaughtered our bullshit archer force. So we responded by killing your entire army. It's really very simple. We're a bless rush nation, and you don't get to go around attacking our tiny piles of archers in the early game without experiencing horrible retaliation.

-Nimtir
23 was an independant province. Cathacia told you it was moving into it a turn before. Carthacia captured the province then your archers attacked in the same turn.

If you wanted the province, you had plenty of opportunity to inform me of the fact. Instead, knowing full well Carthacia would be attacking that province, you sent a force in.

At no time did Nimtir express an interest in the province, prior to the attack on Carthacia's army. Instead you deliberately put your army in the path of mine, no doubt to force this bullshit justification for your treachery.

You're dishonest and you break deals. Congratulations, you decieved me. Clever you.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

That's quite a conspiracy theory. Alternately: you said you were taking 30 and were turning away from 23. Then when we attacked 23, we found that instead of turning away, you had decided to send your entire army there. So then we responded by taking one of our real expansion forces and attacking your entire army, and we killed your entire army.

That we would sacrifice even a small pile of archers for a causus belli does not pass the smell test. Since if that was our actual plan, we'd probably have put more than a single tiny expansion force on the border and possibly attempted to take actual territory instead of simply fighting the combined forces of Carthacia.

-Nimtir
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

The PM I sent stated that we were moving into 30, then 23 providing there were no complaints, then my army would move back toward its capital.

There were no objections made, so Carthacia moved its force into 23 after taking 30. An independant province you had made no claim on.

How else am I to interpret your actions?
Last edited by Winnah on Wed May 23, 2012 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

K wrote:At worse, your entire military is about to get killed for nothing and you made yourself a target for an opportunistic neighbor.
Then kill it. Bring it on. Again, I'm not interested in any further meaningless drama. :)
Last edited by Zinegata on Wed May 23, 2012 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

We have need for earth and nature gems.

Air, Water and Death gems are available for trade.
Chaosium rules are made of unicorn pubic hair and cancer. --AncientH
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Fuck off with the pony murder shit. --Grek
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

God dam nit!

Can we turn quickhosting off? I have a complicated work schedule and I need for the turns to be due at the same time of day, if at all possible.

Thanks,
DrP
Chaosium rules are made of unicorn pubic hair and cancer. --AncientH
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Fuck off with the pony murder shit. --Grek
K
King

Post by K »

Weird. One of my armies didn't move at all (and I'm positive that I set it to move since this was an important battle to break the siege on my capital).

@Sachs

Not to rub it in, but I don't actually bluff. I hope losing four Vanjarls and 63 skinshifters proves that.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

DrPraetor wrote:God dam nit!

Can we turn quickhosting off? I have a complicated work schedule and I need for the turns to be due at the same time of day, if at all possible.

Thanks,
DrP
What has that to do with quickhost?
It would only matter if you are the last one and you dont want to submit your next turn immediatly.
If you are not the last, there would be no forced time shift for you.

Anyway are you taking 101 and/or 97 soon? I get a little impatient. Its not as if they will keep free even if I dont take them. Uvolge is near them and with that tempo of yours they will take them before you.

@Carthacia
I know we promised you 142, are you taking them or not? I have an army that costs GOLD and is doing nothing...
BTW. what happened to your province count?

I also had an neighbor in 129, cant remember who. I hope you are taking those barbarians soon. I dont want to get tempted...

--
Manditou
K
King

Post by K »

Korwin wrote:
What has that to do with quickhost?
I think quickhost hosts 24 hours from when it last hosted and quickhost will host when everyone has a turn in. This means that the host time is never at the same time if people get turns in before the 24 hours.
Last edited by K on Thu May 24, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Korwin wrote:@Carthacia
I know we promised you 142, are you taking them or not? I have an army that costs GOLD and is doing nothing...
BTW. what happened to your province count?
They signed a non aggression pact with us and said we could graciously have a province that was very close to our capital. Then when we moved to take it, they sent their entire army in to slaughter our archers and began erecting a fort. So we killed their entire army and have begun setting fire to their countryside. If you want in on that, I'm willing to cut you in for maybe province 11 and 8 if you're quick about it.

-Nimtir.