Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

We have a Smash Bros thread, you know.

EDIT: Also, so I don't just sound like a total douche, can I make another request to get the last few pages split off into a Fallout thread? I foresee a lot of discussion of it in the future.
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Well, the most of the discussion will probably happen in november, when the game is released.
But eh, don't really care.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

http://www.twitch.tv/nerdcubed/v/6189912
The Fallouty Part starts at about one hour and 15 minutes in
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Stahlseele wrote:http://www.twitch.tv/nerdcubed/v/6189912
The Fallouty Part starts at about one hour and 15 minutes in
I love that while the designer is talking about Fallout 4, people who are both generally idiots, and specifically idiots, comment over the entire thing.

Like, did either/any of those people actually play Fallout ever? Like, I love the part where they are showing the weapon crafting system, and one of those idiots says "And then you will pick up a random weapon off the ground that is better than the weapon you spent hours crafting" Like wtf? How stupid are you? This isn't Witcher or Borderlands, there are no leveled lists of weapons, there are a thousand weapons, you can craft all of them from the beginning, and those are the only weapons you can find in the game except special uniques like Lincoln Repeater. I can tell you that is how the system works right now, because I fucking played Fallout 3 and/or New Vegas, and I am not an idiot.

Fucking idiots.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

I have, as of late, made the horrific discovery, that large parts of the net NEVER PLAYED FALLOUT!
Seriously!
I am watching several twitch.tv streamers, several hundred people in the chats, and only a hand full of people know anything about Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, 3 or FNV for some reason x.x
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Blade
Knight-Baron

Post by Blade »

Some people discovered Fallout with Fallout 3...
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Didn't the original Fallout use GURPS? Or is that something I imagined so hard that I think it's real?
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Not exactly.
If i remember this correctly, there were plans for a Fallout Gurps, but because it was so adult with sex and violence, they(GURPS) said they did not want to be associated with Fallout . . i imagine that must have been one of those desk biting moments when they noticed how many sales they could have gotten, after fallout rose to fame.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

tussock
Prince

Post by tussock »

My read at the time was SJ wanted the GURPS rules, point costs and attack mods and stuff, used very accurately. The guys making the game wanted little changes to make the game play better. There was a falling out, and the game team rewrote the mechanics to be their own, very similar deal of 4 stats and skills for everything and, basically GURPS with the aimed shot to the eyes and everything, but more amenable to having a hundred tiny upgrades via steady accumulation of scavenged gear.

I don't think either of them really let on why they broke up, never a bad word said, mutual agreement to go their own ways and do their own things.
PC, SJW, anti-fascist, not being a dick, or working on it, he/him.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Half asleep upon my knee
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

That's a Fire Emblem/Shin Megami Tensai crossover. And the SMT characters are apparently going to be pop idols in their civilian lives.

I haven't played enough of the SMT games to say if the pop idols are reoccurring characters or if the reoccurring ones are probably going to be summoned in battle by the pop idols.
Last edited by name_here on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

How much you wanna bet they're gonna pull a Squenix and not release outside it of Japan?
Half asleep upon my knee
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

How much you wanna bet it's going to be an exclusive for something shitty, like Nintendo 3DS?
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Fire Emblem is a Nintendo exclusive IP, so it's gonnna be for a Nintendo console. Sony fanboys can keep sucking it.

And since Nintendo has been publicizing it quite a bit, it would be really strange if it didn't end being published outside of Japan. In particular because after Awakening, Nintendo has been pushing forwards everything Fire Emblem quite a lot.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

It's fer the Wii U. You can tell from a) the graphics, and b) the fact that it says it the name of the trailer ("Wii U - Genei Ibun Roku #FE E3 2015 Trailer").

As fer international releases... you can never tell these days. Example: I thought for sure that Pokken Tournament would be released in the States at the very least, but (so far) there's been absolutely no indication that Nintendo is planning to release it outside Japan at all.
Last edited by Shrapnel on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half asleep upon my knee
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

Didn't the original Fallout use GURPS? Or is that something I imagined so hard that I think it's real?
The first Fallout was originally titled Vault 13: A GURPS Post-Nuclear Adventure during early development. Steve Jackson was paid Licensing money by Interplay, but he found issues with the Vault Boy images and the execution scene in the opening cutscene. Steve Jackson was quoted as their GURPS implementation being worth saving, but contractual issues led to squabbles and disagreements. The split became a mutual agreement, and Interplay developed SPECIAL instead.

EDIT: Here's what the character gen/sheet would have looked like if GURPS had been carried through to completion:
Last edited by RelentlessImp on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Is the PS Vita region locked like the 3DS is?

I'm really hoping that Sony is not run by child-raping monsters like Nintendo is, because I really want to play Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth.
Half asleep upon my knee
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

name_here wrote:That's a Fire Emblem/Shin Megami Tensai crossover. And the SMT characters are apparently going to be pop idols in their civilian lives.

I haven't played enough of the SMT games to say if the pop idols are reoccurring characters or if the reoccurring ones are probably going to be summoned in battle by the pop idols.
Pop Idols only really pop up in the Persona series line of SMT games and only a couple of times like in Persona 4. It seem like from the trailer the summons are based off of Fire Emblem characters (Chrom if from Awakening and Cadea is from Shadow Dragon) Tiki is also from Fire Emblem.
Shrapnel wrote:Is the PS Vita region locked like the 3DS is?
No. Playing physical copy will pose no problem, but to play digital ones you will have to have an account for the region.
Last edited by Leress on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Stahlseele wrote: i imagine that must have been one of those desk biting moments when they noticed how many sales they could have gotten, after fallout rose to fame.
Like when that small "Blizzard" company started making a Warhammer RTS then Games Workshop decided "Fuck you guys, the deal is off", and I imagine that worked out very poorly for Blizzard ever since the- oh wait.

On a related note, I'm going to a LAN next weekend despite hating other people, and one of the games is seriously Warcraft 3 so I need to get real good at it real quick.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

Witcher 3 is awesome and why are we not discussing it?
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Koumei wrote:
Stahlseele wrote: i imagine that must have been one of those desk biting moments when they noticed how many sales they could have gotten, after fallout rose to fame.
Like when that small "Blizzard" company started making a Warhammer RTS then Games Workshop decided "Fuck you guys, the deal is off", and I imagine that worked out very poorly for Blizzard ever since the- oh wait.
Pretty sure he meant GURPS had the desk-biting moment. And Games Workshop probably had one, too.
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

Koumei wrote:On a related note, I'm going to a LAN next weekend despite hating other people, and one of the games is seriously Warcraft 3 so I need to get real good at it real quick.
Practice Undead. With your gatherers also being your first-tier warriors, just practice getting rushed and micro managing how many ghouls you need to kill things and rushing into your second-tier tech asap. It's really the easiest WC3 race to learn.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

RelentlessImp wrote:
Koumei wrote:On a related note, I'm going to a LAN next weekend despite hating other people, and one of the games is seriously Warcraft 3 so I need to get real good at it real quick.
Practice Undead. With your gatherers also being your first-tier warriors, just practice getting rushed and micro managing how many ghouls you need to kill things and rushing into your second-tier tech asap. It's really the easiest WC3 race to learn.
WC 3 Undead units at T1 are fragile as fuck and a half-competent human enemy will focus-fire the shit out of them to farm his hero, meaning you need some pretty good micro to make them work.

I would rather suggest orcs, as you have less units to micro, your workers can hide inside burrows, your grunts are very tough, and you don't even need to get T3 or worry about caster non-heroes to have a formidable force (just get grunts+raiders with nets, one kodo beast since you're at it, tauren chieftain or blademaster hero to lead the charge).

Heck, with a bit of training blademaster can win games on his own, wind walk inside enemy base, kill workers, wind walk out when his army comes back. Remember to spam grunts back at your base to deal the finishing blow.
Last edited by maglag on Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:42 am, edited 3 times in total.