News that makes us laugh, cry, or both

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

I don't even know what you guys are arguing about, other than you're arguing and just deciding to fight it out pointlessly.

It's not like either of you have a stake in it or invalid points.

-Crissa
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Damn it, someone else posted, oh well. I figured someone would.

BUt what I have been doing is trying to see how many times I can get Lobster to call me an idiot and how many different ways. It's succeeding. :-D

It was a beautiful experiment.

No offense PL, I was kinda miffed with the original post about not reading the JC post but I got over it as I had read it. But I gave it a once over anyway to see if I had missed something and that gave me feeding fodder for this shiite.

Hopefully no hard feelings.

C'est la vie, non?
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

A_Cynic wrote:BUt what I have been doing is trying to see how many times I can get Lobster to call me an idiot and how many different ways. It's succeeding. :-D
Well here is a new form of success for you.

Either you are back peddling from your own idiocy to such a degree that you need to actually claim you were trolling to try and distance yourself from your own actions.

Or you really were trolling, about a issue that has seen people killed in the streets. Which makes you a real scum bag and moron in the order of those who really SHOULD be on a mental disability pension.

The "lolz I waz just pretending to be a total moron!" line in actual fact only proves you to REALLY be a moron, because it is either a moronic lie, or it's truth makes you a moron because only a moron would think doing that was a good idea.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

I'm going to put it to a rest since Crissa intervened. PL give it a rest. I offered a truce. You denied. So I'll take take the abuse that you've thrown at me and still wonder why there isn't any good evidence from your side as I walk away.

# Chim CHimney Chim Chimney Chim Chim CHerooo #
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

Those who don't know their history are doomed to sound like total ignoramuses.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Look, he's got a point that we may be hearing rose-colored terms ala pre-Iraq or whatever. It's not like Ahmadinejad wasn't predicted to win, tho; he was.

But on the other hand, PL, your points - except the name-calling - were right, Juan Cole is totally all over this and very in deep with more than one set of sources in the middle east.

-Crissa
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

Crissa wrote:Look, he's got a point that we may be hearing rose-colored terms ala pre-Iraq or whatever.
Who from? Why? And how is it that if that's the case it isn't as utterly obvious as when that happened pre Iraq?

The pre Iraq "intelligence" manufactured by Bush and co was very obvious, very obviously motivated and very easy to trace back to it's manufacturers.

What group benefits from lying about past Iranian election results? And if the current election result IS legitimate what group benefits from undermining it in the current manner? With the massive fabrication of apparent people power on the streets, supportive polling data, zany electoral office shenanigans and a party leader who failed failed and failed on his campaign trail?

The reformists certainly don't benefit from such a fabrication. The hard liners don't. There aren't any prospective invaders or interventionists who benefit. If it's a conspiracy of any form other than the obvious and well supported one then what is it?
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

PhoneLobster wrote: Post I read and I haven't the coffee
Seriously I don't give a fvck. we can make a private forum on an adult rpg forum about the Guardian Council has fucked me in the ass and the the Juan Cole (who I stated is doing a good measure for this world even if I know think he may (not sure about this as) not have the right skillsets*.) shall slap me down.

Saying that, later.

* I do not have al the information to judge the skillsets but as I said earlier JC and global americana institute are a good measure for that part of the planet but that doesn't mean they are doing the measure correctly yet.
Last edited by Cynic on Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

A_Cynic wrote: even if I know think he may (not sure about this as) not have the right skillsets*.
Jaun Cole has been consistently right about issues in the middle east for as long as I can remember seeing his name pop up (which is a notable thing since I never remember random dude's names).

Go check out the link though, because that should provide you with the information about his "skills set" that you think is so lacking to judge in comparison to your own.

If that isn't enough try a quick quiz on some Middle Eastern stuff...

1) Did you predict the outcome of the current Iraq war?

2) Which nation or nations are largely at fault for the ongoing Israeli/Palestinian conflict.

3) Iraq, Iran, The British Empire, and the USA. Discus.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

Napoleon's Egypt: Invading the Middle East is something I've read, and shows he has a good command of the socio-political issues, but he repeatedly gets basic infomation about equipment and tactics wrong. Like refering to smoothbore muskets as rifles more than once, and getting french infantry tactics of the period wrong.

I certainly wouldn't take it as gospel on that basis ;) Infact he is consistently wrong about the musket/rifle thing.

Though he's not writing a military history really, which is probably the point.
Last edited by cthulhu on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

PL: I give, you are lord & and master. I'm a troll. I'm done.
--------
This discussion between PL and me is over. Someone else can continue it.
I shall discuss it with them. No Ignore used.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

A_Cynic wrote:This discussion between PL and me is over. Someone else can continue it.
Your retraction and attempt to end the discussion was both useless and in bad faith. You're the bad guy here as is anyone else stupid enough to claim to be a troll to avoid retracting a statement. Especially on the Den where its very difficult to tell who is trolling and who is merely passionate (or rude if you want the less polite version).
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Draco_Argentum wrote:
A_Cynic wrote:This discussion between PL and me is over. Someone else can continue it.
Your retraction and attempt to end the discussion was both useless and in bad faith. You're the bad guy here as is anyone else stupid enough to claim to be a troll to avoid retracting a statement. Especially on the Den where its very difficult to tell who is trolling and who is merely passionate (or rude if you want the less polite version).
Ok.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Draco_Argentum wrote:
Ok.

Edit: I've had a hard time choosing my words recently. but that is in no way a take back for none of my posts with phone lobster or any of my posts in the back there. I haven't changed anything. I'm just adding something else. What I should have said was I will continue the original discussion. But since I said I will continue this discussion. I will try to continue this one as well. Fvck ups don't excuse you from anything. But, no, D_A, if you really want to know my position on this issue, I'll go back and quote it from one of my own posts which PL willfully ignores. I have given JC several compliments. And I do not mean the monotheistic dancing, packing, and cracking, 140lb middleweight savior from israel with the mean upper cut and the pink shorts. Sorry, couldn't resist. Granted, I have doubted Juan Cole's sources and legitimacy to a degree. So, I can see other areas of discussion as well.

--

But --

~
me -- last page wrote: I wasn't letting my personal politics to come into this post very easily because I'm not still certain where I stand on Iran. It is fvcked up to the core. But sometimes I believe things need to be fvcked up to a certain degree to let someone to notice it and have it be fixed. Now that in itself is a sad state of affairs because we as a world don't do good for goodness sakes. We see shit and and we try to clean it hoping there might be something underneath.
Neither am I trolling nor am I passionate about this. I responded to a statement that PL laid out that said I did not have the facts. I knew I had read his sources. But things can get weird sometimes. So I double-checked. Which gave me more fuel to add to the PL-fire of that time.

I think that's it. I feel like I"m done. it's stupidly retarded enough that I explained this. oh well. who wants pancakes? anyone? anyone? Buehler? Overused movie quote ever? ever...? ever...?
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Yes, yes, don't care.

Stop being a prick, PL.

-Crissa
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Telling PL to stop being a prick is like telling you to stop being a dolt, it's an unfair request that he has no way of accomplishing.
Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

Crissa wrote: Stop being a prick, PL.
I should be nicer to these people who keep saying how they are deliberately acting like total dicks and morons explicitly to troll me.

Yeah. Sure. I'll get right on that.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Count_Arioch_the_28th wrote:Telling PL to stop being a prick is like telling you to stop being a dolt, it's an unfair request that he has no way of accomplishing.

DO-HOHOHOHOHOHO!
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Wow, I sure missed a lot of drama. Sounds like fun guys, keep up the good work.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

I like those old guys.

-Crissa
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Statler and Waldorf. They're completely awesome, and I hear they got their own Youtube series, doing commentaries on movies or something. I can't really remember.

And I'm only making this post off-topic, because the topic itself has been completely dumb, whereas Muppets rock.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

On that note: Kermit covers Hurt [NSFW].

-Username17
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

I admit some of it was my fault. Hey, PL, I've apologized. Can we move on over my "not caring?" My words on the internet or how I put them again holds me liable to them.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

What? You need my permission to move on now? Just move on and stop waffling up the news thread, it's OK, you can just DO that.
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

http://www.tampabay.com/news/article1012148.ece

What's that, Dave? That's the sound of justice, knocking on your door.
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press