[Dom3] Draft: Etimhara Victorious

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Korwin wrote:Anyway are you taking 101 and/or 97 soon? I get a little impatient. Its not as if they will keep free even if I dont take them. Uvolge is near them and with that tempo of yours they will take them before you.
Uvolge is not going to take those. We have an accord.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

K wrote:
Korwin wrote:
What has that to do with quickhost?
I think quickhost hosts 24 hours from when it last hosted and quickhost will host when everyone has a turn in. This means that the host time is never at the same time if people get turns in before the 24 hours.
Yes, and?

He want to do his turn every day (example:) on 16.00.
Game hosts on 12.00, it will forcehost the game the next day on 12.00.
He does his turn on 16.00 the same day. The game wont host somewhen between 16.00 (when he did his turn) and 12.00 the next day. He is guaranted to be able to do his turn the next day on 16.00.

The only problem would be if he is the last one and he only wants to do one turn per day, but if he does a second turn on 16.00 he would have no problem.

Are the turns allready so complex he wont do two at the same time? Thats the only question (IMHO).

For the record: I'm against turning quickhost off.
(Should have been clear before...)
angelfromanotherpin wrote:
Korwin wrote:Anyway are you taking 101 and/or 97 soon? I get a little impatient. Its not as if they will keep free even if I dont take them. Uvolge is near them and with that tempo of yours they will take them before you.
Uvolge is not going to take those. We have an accord.
Anything I should know when/if I come through the sea?
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Korwin wrote:Anything I should know when/if I come through the sea?
Please don't? We consider 104 ours, and there's no expansion it opens up for you except into our territory. Such a move would be extremely provocative.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Here's what we can do: we can raise the hosting interval to 25 hours. That way, if you do your turn at the same time every day, you are always guaranteed at least one hour to get it done.

-Username17
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Can we make it 26h? Personally, I'd prefer 24h with quickhosting off - so that it always hosts at exactly the same time of day, you can turn in a draft turn without worrying that it'll host early and then turn in a complete turn later if you have time, etc.

But 26h + QH would at least prevent me from staleing again due to shifts in work hours.

--DrP
Chaosium rules are made of unicorn pubic hair and cancer. --AncientH
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Fuck off with the pony murder shit. --Grek
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Sure.

-Username17
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

K wrote:Weird. One of my armies didn't move at all (and I'm positive that I set it to move since this was an important battle to break the siege on my capital).

@Sachs

Not to rub it in, but I don't actually bluff. I hope losing four Vanjarls and 63 skinshifters proves that.
Don't worry. I don't mind at all. Well done with the Illithids, I had expected a ton of sacred giants to be honest.

Like I said, if you're gonna kill something, kill it. Don't talk about it, kill it. It's a peeve of mine that I don't really want to quote Kate Beckinsale from van Hellsing :).

Anyway, your turn to cross the pond. I think I'd rather have you or someone else fighting over Sachs before Frank finishes steamrolling Cartharcia and thus utterly dooming the world. :)

(Also, if the army that didn't move was in 38, then it's because I was also sending someone to attack there. Otherwise, no idea why it didn't trigger).
Last edited by Zinegata on Fri May 25, 2012 12:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

FrankTrollman wrote: They signed a non aggression pact with us and said we could graciously have a province that was very close to our capital. Then when we moved to take it, they sent their entire army in to slaughter our archers and began erecting a fort. So we killed their entire army and have begun setting fire to their countryside. If you want in on that, I'm willing to cut you in for maybe province 11 and 8 if you're quick about it.

-Nimtir.
That is fucking bullshit. I askedf if you wanted the province. You did not say you did, so I took it.
K
King

Post by K »

Tsimzam has now concluded a NAP-3 with Sachs.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

We confirm this NAP-3.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Also, the game apparently hates me because I seriously got the Vine revolt event despite having no fucking Misfortune scales.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

You can get misfortune from special location or someone elses dominion, right?
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Ikeren wrote:You can get misfortune from special location or someone elses dominion, right?
+ Events
+ Enemy spells (well at least one)
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

2 hours until forcehost, 3 nations have not submitted.
I only worry about Amblis (he stalled the last two turns...)
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Tador is MIA in his game on dom3mods, so I would assume that he is going to continue staling here.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Serious question: should we set Amblis to AI or find a sub or something?

-Username17
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

AI then kill him?
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

If we find someone (fast) who wants to take over, then let him/her try.
Otherwise AI.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

I have no problem putting the game on hold until a sub can be found. Do whatever you think is best.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Game is postponed for 48 hours so that we can find a sub.

-Username17
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Ancient History has agreed to take over Amblis.

-Username17
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

The People's Republic of Amblis, freshly emerged from our recent civil war (brought about by being such a multicultural society) would like to offer the entire world a NAP-3, so that we can get our shit together.

Also, anyone willing to trade Fire gems for Nature, give us a holler.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Uvolge had a privately negotiated NAP-3 with your previous administration, and we reaffirm it with yours.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Ancient History wrote:The People's Republic of Amblis, freshly emerged from our recent civil war (brought about by being such a multicultural society) would like to offer the entire world a NAP-3, so that we can get our shit together.

Also, anyone willing to trade Fire gems for Nature, give us a holler.
Manditou is not directly bordering Amblis, but if you want we can still agree on an NAP.
We also are willing to trade surplus Fire gems for your nature ones.
How many do you want to trade?

--
Manditou
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Nimtir concurs with Manditou. We also have extra fire gems, no border with Amblis, and a willingness to extend peace to the new operators of Amblis.

-Nimtir.