Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

It's not an image macro, but I had to post today's SMBC.

Prak_Anima wrote:Image
John Carter of Mars
Goddammit. My wife wanted to rent 40 Year Old Virgin last night! I only partially watched it, so it doesn't count! Last full movie I watched was Inglourious Basterds. If I don't get to choose which character I am, I have probably over a 90% chance of being fucked.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

John Carter of Mars
The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies.

With commentary.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

For me it'd be the Motorcycle Diaries.

So mine is actually kind of a life story, just not MY life story.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

In Time, which was a crazy mixed up nonsensical metaphor for the economic realities of working for an hourly wage with debt and without health insurance - so sadly pretty spot on, even down to the felon girlfriend with daddy issues (although unfortunately for me, not the big money family)
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Contraband. So yeah, incredibly fucked, because that whole film is an exercise in bad acting, bad storytelling, bad filmmaking, bad dialogue... not since 4e have I been witness to such a good idea turned to such utter shit by a complete lack of talent.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Step 1: cut a hole into the box . . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
sabs
Duke

Post by sabs »

Step 2: Put your junk in that box
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Gentlemans Guide to Amputation spoilered for the faint of Heart.
Last edited by Stahlseele on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Er, handy to know, of course, but you may want to hold off on the brandy if you've just had a limb amputated.

Edit: that said, i have a new character archetype to play in zombie games...
Last edited by Prak on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
rampaging-poet
Knight

Post by rampaging-poet »

Given that the brandy was likely the only anesthetic available, you really wouldn't. Of course, you'd want to have some before some guy sawed your arm off, but after works too.

Then again, I'm not a doctor. I really don't know how likely someone is to survive a one-two combo of massive blood loss and alcohol poisoning. All I know is that people used to do that whether it was a good idea or not.

Edit: I also don't know enough about historical clothing to determine if that's actually the time period I was thinking of or not.
Last edited by rampaging-poet on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:I sort my leisure activities into a neat and manageable categorized hierarchy, then ignore it and dick around on the internet.
My deviantArt account, in case anyone cares.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Alcohol thins the blood and inhibits healing. You really don't want to drink alcohol at any point that surgery is even being discussed. Of course: before the invention of morphine, getting shitfaced drunk was the only way you were going to not die of pain, which is an actual thing people can do. So there's that.

-Username17
Juton
Duke

Post by Juton »

Oh thank God, finally a thread about how Fighters in D&D suck. This was a long time coming. - Schwarzkopf
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

FrankTrollman wrote:Alcohol thins the blood and inhibits healing. You really don't want to drink alcohol at any point that surgery is even being discussed. Of course: before the invention of morphine, getting shitfaced drunk was the only way you were going to not die of pain, which is an actual thing people can do. So there's that.

-Username17
Yeah, before, definitely, after, not so much. In fact, I think the alcohol was about the only way people would actually let someone with more training as a barber than a doctor amputate their limbs.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Prak_Anima wrote: Yeah, before, definitely, after, not so much. In fact, I think the alcohol was about the only way people would actually let someone with more training as a barber than a doctor amputate their limbs.
Then again, if President McKinley had been left to recuperate rather than have doctors who didn't use sterile technique in probing for the bullet, he may have survived a good deal longer. Depending upon the era, a doctor isn't necessarily much better than a barber.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

I know most people here can stomach stuff like that, but for those of us lightweights, would you please put that stuff in spoiler tags?
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

mean_liar wrote:
Kaelik wrote:So wait, when your chancellor presses a claim, it uses your diplomacy + his? Or are you saying give the +100 Diplo trait to the chancellor?
Either works, but it is based on the sum of your stats.
It turns out this is completely fucking wrong, and that it is 100% based on your stupid chancellors stats and 0% based on your character stats, so I have to find out my stupid chancellors ID and add the trait to him to get above a shitty fuck shit fuck 40 year claim gather.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
mean_liar
Duke

Post by mean_liar »

Huh. I clearly didn't know that, and I'm a little surprised. Anyway.

Search the save game file for his name. In his character data there'll be a field for liege = X and host = X, where X is your character's ID; I can't remember but something may mark him as your Chancellor as well. So, the name search may turn up about twenty hits or so, but only a few are going to be in your court (ie., have a liege/host = X).
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Not a macro, but who gives a shit.
spoilered by request. Yahoo Answer in response to someone asking how to manually please a woman.
Last edited by Prak on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

spoiler tags, please.
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

I'd have to concur on the spoiler tags here.
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

The Bloom Picayune

By the by, I actually have a physical, original copy of the paper. I also have every original Bloom County collection (alas, I do not have the Billy and the Boingers Bootleg LP. A sad day for America and the Sensorite nation. :sad:)
Last edited by Shrapnel on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
mean_liar
Duke

Post by mean_liar »

I remember the day I lost it... or, are we talking about the same thing? The floppy album with the Billy and the Boingers book?