Video Games

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Pariah Dog wrote:Given that the Elder scrolls games (both fantasy and post apoc) have continued a trend of simplification from Morrowind and beyond I wonder how they're going to slim down ES6?
You just hold down the space bar to cast bimbofication on all NPC's and they go to your house to become your waif.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice looks cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGPknmiLxGo

Protagonist has a gadget prosthetic, reminiscent of MGSV

Hmmm Battlefield V also has a one armed dude

...Devil May Cry V too
Last edited by OgreBattle on Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

OgreBattle wrote:
Pariah Dog wrote:Given that the Elder scrolls games (both fantasy and post apoc) have continued a trend of simplification from Morrowind and beyond I wonder how they're going to slim down ES6?
You just hold down the space bar to cast bimbofication on all NPC's and they go to your house to become your waif.
I think I've played that mod.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV63b6empgM
having watched this, i am not going to want to play Fallout 76 . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I just skimmed through the video, and I will say this: they have the visuals down for how West VA looks having spent most of my life living right on the VA/WV. And that talking dude is right, there are a disproportionate number of government installations in the Appalachians, secret or otherwise.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Pariah Dog
Knight

Post by Pariah Dog »

Almost like that area is right outside the nation's capital or something.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

New C&C!

For mobile.

Free-to-play.

With microtransactions.

"Command and Conquer for a new generation!"-EA insulting basically everybody on Earth.

At least they seem to be declaring C&C 4 never happened since KANE LIVES!
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Are there any other mobile MOBAs like that? Not Plants vs Zombies (or the shitty 40k mobile game if you're a terrible person more familiar with that) style lane defence, but what people would (reluctantly) call a MOBA "kind of like DotA or LoL or HotS if I had to draw a comparison"?

Because I can't think of any (admittedly I haven't looked, this is more "I don't recall hearing anyone complain about them before"), so it's possible there is a market for this. Good luck trying to push another one onto the PC after all. The fact that it's EA doing this is just a delight, and the fact that they're killing C&C in front of you is icing (made of shit) on the cake (that is also made of shit). But the general idea could make some amount of sense. As much as it pains me to say they might have accidentally tripped over a good idea.

(I do like the looks of the yarn game, mind you. But that's just a subsidiary group waiting for the day they get closed down.)
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Not as much as killing but rather pulling off the rotten corpse off the ground and start doing unholy things to it.

Also not 100% sure, but from the trailer it looks like you actually get to control every unit instead of they mindlessly charging and attacking on their own.

Indeed I can't think of other mobas in the market that do that so one could have a sliver of hope.

And hope's the first step in the road to disappointment.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Pariah Dog
Knight

Post by Pariah Dog »

Haven't looked the C&C mobile due to an overwhelming dislike of all things EA but to answer Koumei's question there is apparently a mobile based moba (mobila?) called Vainglorious
Last edited by Pariah Dog on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

In brighter and awesomer news, Metal Wolf Chaos is finally being remastered in English! For PeeCee!!

For those of you who don't know, the plot is basically "El presidente of the USA, faced with a coup d'état, boards a mecha and goes to liberate the country with the power of giant robots!", but somehow was only released in Japan for Xbox despite the original game already having english voice acting and everything.

Pre-order now and get the option to to play as Obama vs Trump!
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

So, I'm confused... Is Fallout 76 an MMO, or what? 'Cuz I thought that online stuff was handled only by Zenimax Online, which was created for the sole purpose of making online Bethesda games like ESO? At least, that was the impression I was under...
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

Koumei wrote:The fact that it's EA doing this is just a delight, and the fact that they're killing C&C in front of you is icing (made of shit) on the cake (that is also made of shit). But the general idea could make some amount of sense. As much as it pains me to say they might have accidentally tripped over a good idea.

(I do like the looks of the yarn game, mind you. But that's just a subsidiary group waiting for the day they get closed down.)
To be fair, EA's main skill is getting rid of any company that made games you liked. And somehow having money even though they put out shit games and also everyone hates them except idiots.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

EA stays profitable because their roster update sports games do well, and they kill every other company because they try to make other series work like that, and video games just don't work that way.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Shrapnel wrote:So, I'm confused... Is Fallout 76 an MMO, or what? 'Cuz I thought that online stuff was handled only by Zenimax Online, which was created for the sole purpose of making online Bethesda games like ESO? At least, that was the impression I was under...
As far as i understood, it's gonna be heavily instanced with only a few dozend players together on the map at each time . .
So kinda sorta like an MMO/Co-Op-Mix.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

The closest version is basically the current GTA online system.

But apparently "without any server list" which hopefully they will realize is fucking stupid at some point before release.

But basically, you have your own characters info, which includes stuff that is in the world that belongs to you, and when you join a session, your stuff appears on the map for everyone, and when you leave it stays until someone destroys it.

Then you are in a map where the same thing is happening for like 1-50 people, although it might be higher for Fallout 76.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

Curious how they're going to combine "you can always find your friends" and "you never see a server" when they are expecting dozens of players on a server. It sounds like they came up a bunch of ideas, and promised them all without having a clue how to do it.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Todd Howard wrote:We love mods, so we are 100 percent committed to [offering mods] in 76 as well. We will not being able to do that at launch, though. Our goal for launch — this is really new for us — is to have a well-running, robust service, and then some period later, we’re currently still designing what that service looks like, you’ll be able to have your own private world, and be able to mod it and do all of that.
I'm mostly just amused by Todd Howard admitting that having a well-running, robust service at launch is new for them, but it looks like at some point you will be able to have your own private world for you and your friends, so you don't have to worry about some 13 year old douchbag nuking your shack.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I don't have many friends that are willing or able to play video games with me, and meeting new people gives me anxiety because people are shitty in general and even more shitty online. Unless I get a world to myself I'm going to pass.
Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

I play vidya to get away from people . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Daemon X Machina is something to look forward to:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 8122871810
Hadanelith
Master

Post by Hadanelith »

Count me in the group saying 'private servers or GTFO'. I love Fallout like air, and until we get private servers, FO76 is getting a hard pass. I know there is a fuckhueg market for multiplayer games right now, but I have *no* desire whatsoever to deal with other people while I immerse myself in my lonely post-apocalyptic wasteland. Especially frustrating with them actually listening to us saying 'Bethesda Fallouts look 20 years after the bomb, not 200'.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

OgreBattle wrote:Daemon X Machina is something to look forward to:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 8122871810
Should be pointed out it's being done by the original devs of Armored Core, so that's some really good pedigree.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Yep! It seems that most of the Armored Core 1-3 team has left FromSoftware, Left Alive (Square Enix) is also of a similar pedigree.

Daemon X Machina has mecha design by Shoji Kawamori (Macross, Armored Core), character designs by Yusuke Kozaki (No More Heroes, Pokemon GO)

Left Alive's got Yoji Shinkawa (Metal Gear) doing character designs, and some folks in a Thai studio I know are working on the game but don't know if the mechanical designs are first done in Japan or what
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Building destruction! Grabbing and throwing cars! Grabbing pieces off buildings so they collapse then throw the building piece! In-combat looting!

Also there's a mysterious rival/mentor in a red mecha, seems like Shoji Kawamori still a Gundam fan at heart too.