Worldwide Adventure Writing Month

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Amra
Knight

Re: World Adventure Writing Month

Post by Amra »

SeanKitty at [unixtime wrote:1183293501[/unixtime]]There is one section of the stat block that contradicts itself under the Special Qualities second. It states that the swarm takes half damage from Slashing and Piercing weapons, yet under swarm traits it states that Tiny or Diminutive do not take damage from weapons.

What's the call here? :confused:

This one, at least, is easy:

SRD wrote:A swarm has no clear front or back and no discernable anatomy, so it is not subject to critical hits or flanking. A swarm made up of Tiny creatures takes half damage from slashing and piercing weapons. A swarm composed of Fine or Diminutive creatures is immune to all weapon damage.

These guys are Diminutive and thus are immune to weapon damage; text always trumps table. The stat block is just plain wrong.
SeanKitty
NPC

Post by SeanKitty »

Ah, gotcha.

So, the stat block is pretty much saying that they take half of no damage from weapons... Weird.
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

SeanKitty at [unixtime wrote:1183278732[/unixtime]]Thanks!

Next question: Is there somewhere I can find the stats for Rod of Water Breathing? I kinda need to know what it does. If there isn't anywhere I can find it pre-stated, I'm going to have to resort to... Using the DMG rules to make it myself...

It's coming up on seven in the morning and I'm still working. Wish me luck folks :P

Yeah, that's actually a plot-device item. Just make it stationary, put one on each side of the water and have it grant 30 minutes of water breathing per touch, no charges or other limitations.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

BTW, the Maps for this are already done, from the 1st encounter all the way to the last one.

Sean drew up some mock-ups and I edited and re-did them to scale on graph paper.

They just need some inking and scanning.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.