Some Personal Classes made for 3.75 ed

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

CatharzGodfoot wrote:Oh no, the trolls have arrived!
Yes, they have. Fuck off Catharz. Adults are busy.

So I kept reading a bit more.
Lets say its a third level mage, max hp maybe 12 give or take gets hit by a touch for 2d6 is pretty dead in 2 rounds give or take. Even at 8th level a mage maybe has 32 hp and is vulnerable to receiving 4d6 per attack (average being 14 damage each). And going against this thing which has improved evasion, all good saves with charisma on top of that vs arcane spells I believe the class achieves the correct level of deadliness against its chosen target. The problem is holding that advantage as the levels drag on.
You have no idea what mages are, how they are built, or what makes them a threat. Clearly ELENNSAR, you are unfit to talk about how they can be defeated. Call that one 'unhelpful'.

When ubernoob posted something similar to but much stronger, that wasn't hyperbole. You need a caster to beat a caster, but barring that you need something that cranks it to 11 anyways.

To the OP, if you are not just an Elennsar alt what you need to do is step back and really look around. The Den has been Failing a lot lately, but you can still stand to learn a great deal about what design requires. Then try again. You'll do better.

Edit: He also has no idea how to build characters. He's using house rules (max HP) and still managing to build a character barely stronger than a level 1 at level 5 and that would be lucky to have any chance against a level 10 at level 15, that's what a terrible build it is. 75% chance to die on any turn, minimum. Nowhere near sufficient damage output to win first, even novaing. Part of that is because the class sucks, part of it is because you can't optimize at all. Typical Paizil sign, really. And if you are Elennsar, the Armageddon has come.
Last edited by Roy on Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:Clearly, your cock is part of the big barrel the server's busy sucking on.
Can someone tell it to stop using its teeth please?
Juton wrote:Damn, I thought [Pathfailure] accidentally created a feat worth taking, my mistake.
Koumei wrote:Shad, please just punch yourself in the face until you are too dizzy to type. I would greatly appreciate that.
Kaelik wrote:No, bad liar. Stop lying.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type I - doing exactly the opposite of what they said they would do.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type II - change for the sake of change.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type III - the illusion of change.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Roy, fuck off. Adults are busy. Seriously, you are actually being completely unhelpful. I know that accusation has been thrown around in this thread; you are the first to deserve it.

PS: Even though you have pissed half of the internet off, don't assume that you're always the center of attention. You're not that important.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Roy... You don't like anything about what I'm trying to do, not even the system I'm going to try to be using it in. Glad you don't like it. Fuck off.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

I've started remaking the styles. Now they each will have a single progression line as before, with style abilities gained at each even level. The ki abilities will progress separately and also be done in a linear fashion. They will start at 3rd level, which will be the level every samurai is allowed ki usage. A new one will be earned at every odd level there on. I'm going to post What I have done from the Crab style to see if I'm taking a step in the right direction.

Crab: What does it do? Defence: High Defense, High HP
Constitution Based

1: You are proficient in heavy armor. Your normal speed and maximum speed are unaffected by armor. Your Max Dex in heavy armor is increased by one and the armor check penalties are reduced by one. This feat counts as Heavy Armor Proficiency for the purposes of meeting the prequisites for other feats. Additionally you may fore go one or both of your Ancestral Weapons to receive Ancestral Armor and/or an Ancesstral Shield.
2: Double Strength score when determing carrying compacity and strength based skill checks. Gain damage reduction 1/-, Increases by1/2levels (Does not stack with other Damage Reductions)
3:
4: Use Con bonus on will saves, Uncanny Dodge, Gains a peranent +2 in Constitution score, DR 2/-
5:
6: Mettle, Add Con as Natural bonus to AC, DR 3/-
7:
8: Improved Uncanny Dodge, Gains a peranent +2 in Constitution score, DR: 4/-
9:
10: Ignore the effects of 1 Spell/Day, DR: 5/-
11:
12: Gains a peranent +2 in Constitution score, DR: 6/-
13:
14: Repulsion, Ignore 2 Spells/Day, DR: 7/-
15:
16: Beyond Damage, Gains a Permanent +2 in Constitution score, DR: 8/-
17:
18: Ignore 3 Spells/Day, DR: 9/-
19:
20: Gains a peranent +2 in Constitution score, DR 10/-

Ancestral Blessings:
3. Fear the Mountain: You may spend a ki point to add your Constitution bonus to Intimidate.
5. Armor of the Rock: You may spend a ki point to add your Constitution Bonus as a deflection bonus to AC.
7. Avalanche: You may spend a ki point on any successful attack to sacrifice hp to deal more damage on any attack. You may deal an extra 1d6/2hp sacrificed. You may not sacrifice more hp then your Constitution Score
9. Armor of Stone: You may spend a ki point to add twice your Constitution bonus as a deflection bonus to AC.
11. The Mountain Does Not Move: You may, as an immediate or free action, spend a ki point to ignore the effects of dazed, disabled, dying, fatigued, nauseated, paralyzed, staggered, stunned, and unconcious. Dying characters do not lose hp from bleeding while using this ability. Characters who reach -10 hp die (or at whatever point equals death in your campaign). This feat does not end the status effect, it merely suppresses it.
12. Armor of Steel: You may spend a ki point to add triple your Constitution bonus as a deflection bonus to AC
15. Mountain's Peak: When you take damage you may use 2 ki points and make a fort save (DC equal to damage taken) to negate the damage and any accompanying effects.
17. ?
19. ?

I'm still mulling over ki abilities for 17th and 19th. Also I'm going to change the ancestral progression a bit. I'm going to half the price for upgrading it and lower the minimum level for each upgrade.
Last edited by MGuy on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
IGTN
Knight-Baron

Post by IGTN »

The n*con to AC abilities are kinda boring. Same for the permanent CON bonuses. AC isn't even a really good defense (it's one of four, it only protects against HP damage, it doesn't even do that well, and Fort and Will saves might kill you), and HP aren't that valuable (they get chewed through too quickly). Real abilities, not numeric enhancements.

If ki points are going to be so fundamental, they need a good recovery schedule.

How long do you intend for The Mountain Does Not Move to last?

Defensive characters need a way of presenting a credible threat. The Fighter does it by shutting you down regardless of who you attack, and the Knight has Designate Opponent. If you can't present a credible threat, then your enemies will just go around you. Maybe you can take AoOs against opponents who attack your friends, and can do credible damage on them somehow? This is an essential ability, so it should come pretty early.
"No, you can't burn the inn down. It's made of solid fire."
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

This is a defensive class that I wrote up a while ago. It still needs proficiencies and class skills but is finished aside from one ability.
The Geomancer
Hit Dice: d10
BAB: 3/4
Saves: Fort: Good, Ref: Bad, Will: Good
Skills: (In Progress)
Skill Points: 4+Int per level x4 at level one.

1: Spire Strike, Earth Magic, Stony Flesh, Burrowing 5ft
2: Quake Stomp, DR 2/-
3: Magnetic Field, Burrowing 10ft
4: Rock Hard, DR 4/-, Light Fortification
5: Break Terrain, Burrowing 15ft
6: Grasp of the Earth, Will of Granite, DR 6/-
7: Wall of Stone, Medium Fortification, Burrowing 20ft
8: As the Mountains, Earth Glide, DR 8/-
9: Reverse Gravity, Mettle
10: |Awesome Capstone|, Heavy Fortification, DR 10/-

Spire Strike (Su): As a standard action, a Geomancer of 1st level can summon a stalagmite within medium range. The geomancer makes a ranged touch attack against one creature touching the ground, if it succeeds that creature takes 1d8/2 levels (round up)+Con Mod piercing damage. At 8th level the Geomancer can use this ability as an attack action.

Earth Magic (Ex): A Geomancer is considered to have every spell with the Earth Descriptor on his spell list for the purpose of activating and crafting magic items. Geomancers do not need to take crafting feats to create some Earth-based items.

Stony Flesh (Ex): The Geomancer gains an enhancement bonus to natural armor equal to (1/2 class level)+1.

Burrowing (Ex): The Geomancer gains a burrow speed equal to the listed number; this speed may never exceed the Geomancer’s base land speed. The geomancer cannot burrow through stone and cannot take the run action while burrowing.

Quake Stomp (Su): As a Standard action the Geomancer may strike the ground with incredible force. All creatures touching the ground within 10ft of the Geomancer must make a reflex save or fall prone and take 1d4/class level damage (DC=10+1/2 Class Level+Con Mod).

DR (Ex): The Geomancer can shrug off some blows, at 2nd level the Geomancer gains 2/-, this DR stacks with all other sources of DR that the Geomancer has. At every subsequent even level the Geomancer’s DR increases by 2.

Magnetic Field (Su): As a swift action a Geomancer of 3rd level can call on the forces of magnetism to hamper a foe. The Geomancer can give a foe in close range a penalty equal to their class level to either attack rolls or AC for one round. The Geomancer also gains the Deflect Arrows feat, she does not have to meet the prerrequisites. At 6th level the geomancer can give a penalty to both attack roles and AC.

Rock Hard (Ex): A Geomancer of 4th level gains a hardness score equal to her class level x 2.

Light Fortification (Ex): As the armor property.

Break Terrain (Su): At 5th level the Geomancer can use Spike Stones at will. At 7th level the Geomancer can choose to make impassable terrain with this effect as well.

Grasp of the Earth (Su): As a standard action the geomancer can force a flying creature within medium range to make a reflex save (DC=10+1/2 Class Level+Con Mod) or lose the ability to fly for class level rounds. This causes the creature to take fall damage if they are more than 10' from the ground.

Will of Granite (Ex): The Geomancer can add her Con modifier to will saves if it is better than her Wis modifier. The Geomancer is also immune to stun and daze effects.

Wall of Stone (Sp): As the spell at will. Caster level equal to class level.

Medium Fortification (Ex): As the armor property.

As the Mountains (Ex): As long as the Geomancer moves no more than 5ft in a round she gains a +4 dodge bonus to AC and a +4 dodge bonus to all saving throws. Additionally a Geomancer of this level can never be tripped or bullrushed.

Earth Glide (Ex): The Geomancer can move through earth and rock as easily as she can move through air (or water if this is an aquatic game). She can glide through the earth unhindered at a speed equal to her base land speed.

Reverse Gravity (Sp): As the spell 3/day. Caster level is equal to class level.

Mettle (Ex): Whenever the Geomancer makes a fortitude or will saving throw for half she instead suffers no ill effects on a successful save.

Capstone Goes Here (?): It would be awesome if it were written.

Heavy Fortification (Ex): As the armor property.
The idea was to manipulate the battlefield so that you can draw fire on to your (theoretically) better defenses.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

I admit just getting bonuses tacked on does seem a bit boring but its part of my methodology with this particular style. True bonuses to AC may not be much but to balance that I gave them the ki ability to add their Con bonus as a deflection bonus to AC (protects against touch and ff ACs and works against incorporeal opponents.)

For the Fort and Will saves I thought of that too by giving it the ability to add their con bonus to will. With the Con bonuses being tacked on that gives extra bonuses to both (both of these already get a good save from the class). I left Reflex out because there is no reason I can think of to give them bonuses to that.

The whole Idea with the HP is just to make them able to last. ki abilities last 1 round unless otherwise noted. Additionally they don't have to do anything special to get the bonus hp. At the end they get +10 con which is 100 extra hp. Even if I gave them fast healing or something that would about the same as giving them the extra hp but I figure If I give the style Con bonuses and just base its abilities around that I'd be killing multiple birds with one stone (which seems appropriate with this style).

For the Mountain Does not Move ability and any others that use ki you can continue expending ki to keep the effect going as a free action. There is also a ki feat that helps that: Enduring ki: +1 to ki pool and ki effects last one extra round for each point spent. You get ki via 8 hour rest, and you get a number of ki points equal to 1/2 your level (and with this style) your Constitution bonus.

However I haven't thought up an answer to that last one. When I started this style over I was focused completely on his survivability in a 1 v 1 fight. I'll probably then give him an aura effect so he doesn't have to waste actions helping everybody.

How does this sound: All allies within (I don't know how about) 30ft gain an extra 1d6 bonus damage to any damaging effect they use/10hp below their max hp?

Or maybe give him something like the spell Knight's Move. Whenever an ally is damaged you may, as a reaction, spend a ki point to move to a position adjacent to the enemy who damaged them.
-Then Add on to that later: you get a free attack against the opponent you use this ability on.
-And finally The free attack is an auto crit.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Why is it only 10 levels? is it a prestige class? And I like the idea. I never really thought of geomancers (outside of Final Fantasy at least)
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

MGuy wrote:I admit just getting bonuses tacked on does seem a bit boring but its part of my methodology with this particular style. True bonuses to AC may not be much but to balance that I gave them the ki ability to add their Con bonus as a deflection bonus to AC (protects against touch and ff ACs and works against incorporeal opponents.)
If you want this to matter at level 20, let them get total cover from an attack.
For the Fort and Will saves I thought of that too by giving it the ability to add their con bonus to will. With the Con bonuses being tacked on that gives extra bonuses to both (both of these already get a good save from the class). I left Reflex out because there is no reason I can think of to give them bonuses to that.
Your saves are what you are going to be using to defend against stuff that will kill you if you fail a roll, buffing the saves is a start. They have to either negate attacks or get immunities if they want to keep up. The best save is one you never have to make.
The whole Idea with the HP is just to make them able to last. ki abilities last 1 round unless otherwise noted. Additionally they don't have to do anything special to get the bonus hp. At the end they get +10 con which is 100 extra hp. Even if I gave them fast healing or something that would about the same as giving them the extra hp but I figure If I give the style Con bonuses and just base its abilities around that I'd be killing multiple birds with one stone (which seems appropriate with this style).
The problem with bags of HP is they don't do jack for you if you get caught in an Acid Fog effect, you need a way out or you die.
For the Mountain Does not Move ability and any others that use ki you can continue expending ki to keep the effect going as a free action. There is also a ki feat that helps that: Enduring ki: +1 to ki pool and ki effects last one extra round for each point spent. You get ki via 8 hour rest, and you get a number of ki points equal to 1/2 your level (and with this style) your Constitution bonus.
For something that you expect to spend 3-5 points of per round you will need a bigger pool.
However I haven't thought up an answer to that last one. When I started this style over I was focused completely on his survivability in a 1 v 1 fight. I'll probably then give him an aura effect so he doesn't have to waste actions helping everybody.

How does this sound: All allies within (I don't know how about) 30ft gain an extra 1d6 bonus damage to any damaging effect they use/10hp below their max hp?
Like a whole lot of work for your party.
Or maybe give him something like the spell Knight's Move. Whenever an ally is damaged you may, as a reaction, spend a ki point to move to a position adjacent to the enemy who damaged them.
-Then Add on to that later: you get a free attack against the opponent you use this ability on.
-And finally The free attack is an auto crit.
This would be a better ability. But only being able to do it once in a round will mean you will often be unable to cover your whole team.

In the campaign setting it is supposed to be used in, you can only get 10 levels. It would have to be a whole lot crazier to survive past 11th or so.
Last edited by Akula on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

A class doesn't need to be 20 levels.

The Races of War Knight is 10 levels long for a reason, and the "Warrior" NPC class is 5 levels long for the same reason.

Also, the DR in the Crab Warrior is inconsequential.

At level 2, I will seriously not care about 1 point of DR. It's that trivial.

Heck; at level 20 your DR is 10; and that's mostly useless. A Hydra or a Dragon will hit for far more than a bunch of 10's will really matter. This shouldn't be a major class feature; this should be "on the side" of some more powerful features.

A "visible" amount of DR for a class that expects to shrug off hits is a bit higher than that. The RoW Barbarian gives 2 + 1/2 Character level and 1d6/2 character levels in melee damage dice (not multiplicable dice) when raging.

[A "good" amount of DR is something like 30/- at level 20; it's not Energy Resistance, but it does help a lot.]

Right now, you should be looking at DR = Character level to make this a more viable 'tank'. It also needs a way to make sure that it remains a threat for people to not want to ignore.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
IGTN
Knight-Baron

Post by IGTN »

MGuy wrote:Why is it only 10 levels? is it a prestige class? And I like the idea. I never really thought of geomancers (outside of Final Fantasy at least)
Some base classes are short. The Knight is 10 levels long too, because there isn't a unified Knight progression past that. The character concept "guy on a horse with a lance issuing challenges to monsters" kicks in sometime around 3rd level and breaks sometime about 10th. High-level Knights all have prestige classes, so the guy riding a dragon and wielding a sword made of fire has a different class than the guy riding a flying zombie of some kind leading an army of the dead, since both are unrecognizable as the lancer they started as.

This is in contrast to the Monk or Wizard, where the unruly kid who knows what she's been taught better than her masters, and the grandmaster/archmage are actually just different points on one well-beaten path.

Basically, if your class concept is only valid at low levels no matter what you do (since the concept is something like BMX Bandit and doesn't get stuff that can scale into staying level-appropriate), the solution is to force people to PrC out.

I'm not sure why this Geomancer is a short class, though, or what it diverges into. Since it's a concept made up out of the whole cloth, it can go on forever. It probably is cut short by the huge numbers of flying enemies that fill later levels.

Don't focus on one on one survivability. Remember that many Same Game Test encounters are against groups, and a defensive character needs to be able to fight and control groups.

Actually, defensive characters need to be better against groups than offensive characters. If a flask rogue can kill a level-appropriate monster every other round (and it can, on a slow day), and a wizard can kill a monster every other round, but it takes six rounds for your defender to kill the same monster, then your brick needs to be able to neutralize three monsters at once. Not necessarily to kill them all, but to keep them from doing anything worthwhile, since the rogue and wizard are doing things at the same rate. A monster forced into wasting its attacks is also effectively neutralized, though.

So you need one against many survivability (That is, the ability to survive a few rounds of an onslaught by multiple level-appropriate creatures. You don't need to kill them, but you need to survive) and credibility as a threat (that is, you need to make their most damaging tactic be to attack you instead of the glass cannon that's killing them) to make a balanced defensive class. Remember that your one against many survivability also can't be too overpowered against individuals, either, since you'll often need to fight those, too.
"No, you can't burn the inn down. It's made of solid fire."
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

1) Total Cover it is then.

2) A base of +17 (just from base class saves and +5 from the extra con) isn't enough? Won't (even if they relaxed on upping their Con) people be getting at least a +25 roll on their saves? Wizard's Spells work off of spell level, relevant modifier, bonuses +10 don't they? I'm thinking they have a 29 to 33 save to beat and even that is if they don't have any more of the ignore spell ability left for that day or anti death equipment. Shouldn't I leave SOME protection from instant death in the hands of the player? Other than that a creature would have an ability save in the zone of half their HD + relevant ability modifier, putting it in the 35-40 zone. But those spell-like abilities are hardly death effects and gear should be able to cover that right?

3) Acid Fog is easy to over come if you walk out of it right? I think the area is a 20ft radius and it only deals 2d6 damage (if memory serves will double check later) So you'd be taking 7 damage from it a turn average. Your DR at 14th level negates that. In addition you can slap mountain does not move on yourself and not even be slowed by it.

4) Easily done but just how big are we talking? Even at high levels you're only muddling around for 8-12 rounds right? Minimum 24 high point 60 points in an adventuring day, less than that if you take enduring ki 2 times. 36 difference between the high point and minimum so 42 points should be sufficient at 20th maybe. Current system has you getting a base of 15, i'd expect at the VERY least another 6 or 7 from Con bonus so 21-22... That is too low. So maybe I make it Class Level +Con? That gives a nice safe 32. with some work on the items that can be improved a bit.

5 and 6) How about both than? Also there isn't a limit to how many times in a turn you can use it.
Last edited by MGuy on Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

1 DR a level it is then. The DR isn't really supposed to be a big deal. It is as you said, just a side thing. Ah! How about I make it a super special property to the Armor and Shield! Double the bonus if you're using both at the same time!
Last edited by MGuy on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Ok I'm progressing with survivability. Other than that I'm now thinking crowd control. I don't want to shove in another Knight's Challenge so how about at higher levels he starts inflicting immobilization and bleeding damage to enemies he hits with that special free hit? Give him immunity to fall damage so he can use that same ability to hit those Flying targets then fall safely to the ground with no harm? Bonus points on that since I will make the immobilization immediately ground a target! Double Bonus for adding Dimensional Anchor onto that!
Last edited by MGuy on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Crab Battle!: Crab Warriors are fearsome not only in defense, but also in their ability to dodge and weave past those they are in combat with, to fight any enemies that decided to stray from their fearsome attacks.

The Crab Warrior may, as a full round action, act as if they had made a full attack action on all enemies within Close Range, but did not attack the Crab Warrior in their round. All creatures that were adjacent to the Crab Warrior are unable to act until after their next round. The Crab Warrior is not counted as actually moving from their location.

===

That works. It's a different take on other challenge abilities, and it's a Swarm fighting version of the RoW Knight. However it makes Attacking the Crab Warrior a really good option, b/c if not he'll just knock down everyone who he's fighting; and then suddenly get a free full attack on everyone within Close range (25' + 5'/ 2 levels).

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Quite a fearsome ability. How about this one though just to make sure:

Crab Battle!: Crab Warriors are fearsome not only in defense, but also in their ability to dodge and weave past those they are in combat with, to fight any enemies that decided to stray from their fearsome attacks.

A Crab Warrior who is fighting defensively may spend a ki point any time an ally is damaged to move adjacent to the source if it is in close range (25'+5'/2 levels) and may make a full attack against it. He may spend an additional ki once during this full attack to gain an automatic confirmed critical.

I am probably gonna scale the ability. It'll start off with making one attack (moving you adjacent to the enemy of course).
Then full attack and that makes them immobilized (no save). Then can opt to add ki to make it a crit and paralyze.
Then the last one shall do all of this and add dimensional anchor. Make all critical hits make them lose their next turn (no save)
To make it even better I'll make it a reaction to an enemy who targets an ally or who lays an effect in an area with allies in it. This would hit before their action.
Sounding good?
Last edited by MGuy on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Crab: What does it do? Defence: High Defense, High HP, High Fort/Will, Constitution Based

Ok with a number of changes this is what I have so far. Testing wise its done pretty well.

1: You gain Heavy Armor Proficiency. Your normal speed and maximum speed are unaffected by armor. Your Max Dex in heavy armor is increased by one and the armor check penalties are reduced by one. This feat counts as Heavy Armor Proficiency for the purposes of meeting the perquisites for other feats. Additionally you may fore go one or both of your Ancestral Weapons to receive Ancestral Armor and/or an Ancestral Shield. If you do this your Ancestral Armor and/or Shield provides you with DR equal to your samurai level. If you have both you receive DR equal to 1 1/2 your level (rounded down).
2: Presence of the Mountain. You are not effected by encumbrance. Additionally you use your Constitution bonus to determine your carrying capacity. You and all allies within 30ft of you deal +1d6 damage/for every 10 hp below max they are.
3: Armor of the Rock Technique: You may spend a ki point to add your Constitution Bonus as a deflection bonus to AC.
4: Will of the Mountain: Use Con bonus on will saves, Uncanny Dodge, Soul of the Mountain: You gain a peranent +2/4 samurai levels to Constitution score
5: Crumbling Rock Technique: You may spend a ki point on any successful attack to sacrifice hp to deal more damage on any attack. You may deal an extra 1d6/2hp sacrificed. You may not sacrifice more hp then your Constitution Score
6: Mettle, : Add Con as Natural bonus to AC
7: Avalanche Technique: A Crab Warrior who is fighting defensively may spend a ki point any time an ally is damaged to move adjacent to the source if it is in close range (25'+5'/2 levels) and may make a full attack against it. You always move adjacent to the real source of the damage not perceived sources.
8: Improved Uncanny Dodge,
9: Improved Avalanche: If you hit with the Avalanche technique you may immediately immobilize your target.
10: Negate effects of 1 Spell/Day
11: The Mountain Does Not Move: You may, as an immediate or free action, spend a ki point to ignore the effects of dazed, disabled, dying, fatigued, nauseated, paralyzed, staggered, stunned, and unconscious. Dying characters do not lose hp from bleeding while using this ability. Characters who reach -10 hp die (or at whatever point equals death in your campaign). This feat does not end the status effect, it merely suppresses it.
12: Negate 2 Spells/Day
13: Advanced Avalanche Technique: If you hit with the Avalanche technique you may opt to paralyze your opponent.
14: Repulsion, Negate 2 Spells/Day,
15: Superior Avalanche Technique: Upon hitting with the Avalanche Technique you may opt to inflict dimensional anchor on your target.
16: Negate 3 Spells/Day
17: Master Avalanche Technique: Every Successful Avalanche hit becomes a confirmed critical.
18: Negate 4 Spells/Day
19: Kami Avalanche Technique: If you hit with the Avalanche technique the target loses their next turn.
20: The Unmovable Mountain: As long as are not moving you are treated as having total cover against ranged attacks/spells/abilities (You may still attack/defend and do various other things as long as you stay in one spot, teleporting or being forcibly moved ends this effect), Negate 5 Spells/Day
Last edited by MGuy on Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

MGuy wrote:Roy... You don't like anything about what I'm trying to do, not even the system I'm going to try to be using it in. Glad you don't like it. Fuck off.
Hurk durk hurk durk hurk durk. Way to jump on the dumbfuck wagon Elennsar just because you seen others whining and flailing.

The Den really has turned into a pit of Fail.

Cleanse it with fire.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:Clearly, your cock is part of the big barrel the server's busy sucking on.
Juton wrote:Damn, I thought [Pathfailure] accidentally created a feat worth taking, my mistake.
Koumei wrote:Shad, please just punch yourself in the face until you are too dizzy to type. I would greatly appreciate that.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type I - doing exactly the opposite of what they said they would do.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Trying to start a flame is usually a ban worthy offense on other boards... I wonder if it is here. In either case this is not a thread about your opinions on Pathfinder or whatever else you don't like so please, fuck off. Also MGuy is the name not elennsar.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

MGuy wrote:Trying to start a flame is usually a ban worthy offense on other boards... I wonder if it is here. In either case this is not a thread about your opinions on Pathfinder or whatever else you don't like so please, fuck off. Also MGuy is the name not elennsar.
First of all, welcome to the Den.

Second, Paizil Fallacy.

Third, I was trying to help you. Starting with don't use PF, it exasperates all problems of 3.5. But since you're still pulling an Elennsar where you say exactly those things and the dumbfuck squad is still whining, I'm inclined to give you all something to whine about.

Or you could just ya know, stop being a useless douchebag and start taking advice. Whatever works.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

1) Why thank you

2) ...

3) If you don't like a system I'm all glad and shit for you. Don't use the system does not help me create the class for the system. What you're giving is not advice. You're just telling me you're an ass. Go to another thread if you don't like Pathfinder.

4) Fuck off.

-Note: I have looked around and I DO have a lot to learn about designing. However I already know how you feel about Pathfinder BECAUSE I looked around. I am not jumping on any bandwagon. I have asked enough times for people not to hop in say what I have sux and move on without actually contributing something meaningful to it. You know you don't like Pathfinder why would you even post in this thread knowing it's for a system like that just to complain about it again.
Last edited by MGuy on Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

And Elennsar whines more at the people trying to fix his train wreck. No wonder he's so bad now - he found the Paizils.
Last edited by Roy on Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Indeed starting flames IS ban worthy here. So I'm going to ask you nicely to stop.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

MGuy wrote:Indeed starting flames IS ban worthy here. So I'm going to ask you nicely to stop.
Lulz. And Elennsar gets lost.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

I think that you should get rid of the daily Ki pool entirely.

It's an extra resource that needs to be managed. Players do not manage additional resources well.

A better option would be to have a "per round" Ki pool, that automatically refreshes every round.

Also, for Crab Battle; I was outlining the level ability as it should be at level one.

At lower levels, it's just "Full Attack". That is seriously, one attack. It should be enough to draw enemies towards the Crab Warrior. It actually might not be enough to do so. Seriously, I think that this power might not be strong enough, not overpowered.

Later on (level 7+) it's "Still Full attack"; since your BaB already Scales. Remember that. This "Crab Warrior" doesn't get tons of attacks, he's still only got 1, and then 2 attacks.

At level 15 it must be "Full attack; Twice; Out to Medium Range (100 ft + 10 per Character level); All enemies that threaten or can attack an ally"

Because at level 15 you're facing:

-Groups of Stone Golems (seriously, that's 4 Stone Golems, they could well be 50% of your fights at level 15; you have to make sure that you can hurt them all badly enough that they come after you; they also give you very low XP for that level; since they're -4- CRs lower than you).
[Note: As a DM, I could throw as many as 14 Stone Golems at a party of 4 level 15's and not care. They should know by now how dangerous this game can be; and I have had no problems in the past throwing monsters with a CR high above any single PC at a whole group of PCs, and expect them to kill the monster.]

-A horde of Trolls (seriously, 30 Trolls, I'm not making this up, this is an "easy" level 15 fight)

-An Army of Shadows (120 Shadows (aka. "as many as the eye can see"), the Str damage alone makes them a massive threat, and you need to be able to kill at least 20 a round just yourself, since the party as a whole needs to kill 80 a round to make any sort of dent in this many Shadows);

-Squads of Gelugons (6 CR 13 Ice Devils)

It should be noted that I tend to have less, but more challenging, encounters.

I actually don't like lots of long and easy fights. I like my easy fights to end quickly, and my hard fights to last as long as they need to. I'm also not afraid to force the players to run away, and am willing to let them do so.