Dominion of the Den

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

K
King

Post by K »

You can set the hosting so that it hosts as soon as all files are received. Makes for quick play for the first ten turns or so.
K
King

Post by K »

Nvm. I randomly renamed the folder and now the game can see it. Hate this game.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

K wrote:You can set the hosting so that it hosts as soon as all files are received. Makes for quick play for the first ten turns or so.
It is currently set to do that.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Game is currently set to 24 h hosting (first turn allways gets double time) and fast hosting is also on.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

@jimbojones1971 - Hinnom

when you submit your turn, wait a few minutes and submit the next turn.
(since you are the last one, the game hosts when your turn gets submitted)

Edit: Added the link for the Game status in the first post.
Last edited by Korwin on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Woohoo! I can totally tell this map doesn't have set start locations. This is the worst start location I've ever seen (except the island in Paraganos).

-Username17
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Note to self: productivity scales hurt philosopher research when positive in addition to boosting them when negative, because apparently they aren't sufficiently useless.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Orca
Knight-Baron

Post by Orca »

name_here wrote:Note to self: productivity scales hurt philosopher research when positive in addition to boosting them when negative, because apparently they aren't sufficiently useless.
So I guess you'll have to spam mystics instead and find uses for their wildly random paths? My heart bleeds.

4 adjacent provinces, none of them worthless ones inhabited by undead (in the game with the realm of tomatoes map I had 2 neighbours, one of them undead) makes me happy. Random starts indeed.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Looks like everybody but Hinnom is in on turn 2.
@jimbojones1971 - Hinnom

when you submit your turn, wait a few minutes and submit the next turn.
(since you are the last one, the game hosts when your turn gets submitted)
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Orca wrote:
name_here wrote:Note to self: productivity scales hurt philosopher research when positive in addition to boosting them when negative, because apparently they aren't sufficiently useless.
So I guess you'll have to spam mystics instead and find uses for their wildly random paths? My heart bleeds.
They cost like three times as much. I am kind of pissed to find out how badly I wasted a turn of commander recruitment.
Orca
Knight-Baron

Post by Orca »

Cthulhu, do you want to get in touch with jimbojones? I think he entirely missed turn 1.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

No, he submitted it:

http://www.llamaserver.net/doAdminActio ... showstales

shows you the staling data, and that no-one has missed a turn. I was playing board games with him last night - this is literally his first time playing Hinnom, so he's doing some test games.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Testing is well and good, but could you tell him to send the new turn if he is the last person to send the old one?
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

Akula wrote:Testing is well and good, but could you tell him to send the new turn if he is the last person to send the old one?
I have. Twice. :P
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

Akula wrote:Testing is well and good, but could you tell him to send the new turn if he is the last person to send the old one?
I can see that I am letting the side down here, which is very uncool.

What exactly do I need to do to "send the new turn"? Does this mean "get your next turn in ASAP so the game isn't constantly waiting on you", or is there more to it?
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

If you are the last one to submit your turn, the game gets hosted immediatly after the server get the mail.
So a few minutes after you send your turn, you get the new turn file and can make and send your turn for the next round.
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

Korwin wrote:If you are the last one to submit your turn, the game gets hosted immediatly after the server get the mail.
So a few minutes after you send your turn, you get the new turn file and can make and send your turn for the next round.
OK, makes sense - thanks for clarifying Korwin.

I've submitted my turn 3 now, sorry for the n00b delay this time.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

If you want to change your turn just resubmit your changed turn.
(as long as the last turn [whoever that is this turn] isnt submitted)
Endovior
Knight-Baron

Post by Endovior »

Pretty quick hosting there... just squeezed the turn in quickly between running a game and heading off to see a movie.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Okay, so putting the barbarians in front to absorb the knight charge didn't quite work out.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

I miss Ryleh's crab men. I miss them so.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

cthulhu wrote:I miss Ryleh's crab men. I miss them so.
Says the one with the second most provinces. ;-)
BTW. wtf T'ien Chi, 6 provinces in turn 3...
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Blue dragon bless rush with archer decoys would fit. Or any awake SC and productivity scales. Though it could be neutral sloth and some good luck with indies. We will have a better idea when the third expansion group comes online and the second goes offline.
Last edited by Akula on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

Korwin wrote:
cthulhu wrote:I miss Ryleh's crab men. I miss them so.
Says the one with the second most provinces. ;-)
BTW. wtf T'ien Chi, 6 provinces in turn 3...
Yeah, I just lost and expansion force which accounts for that :(
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Tien Chi is expanding with a SC Great Wyrm. It's a very valid tactic, since Tien Chi can rely upon their native casters to search for almost every kind of magic.

Also it managed to keep them from getting Niefelrushed, which would have otherwise been very likely considering our proximity.

-Username17