A post I made elsewhere that fits here much better.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Essence wrote:Yeah, there's a lot of "this guy isn't giving sources so obviously he's a whackjob so obviously I don't actually have to read what he said" going on here. But it seems that it's kind of too late for anything actually interesting to come of this.

I apologize to everyone for my obviously misguided hope that, given a place to post more openly about his politics, OmniNegro would stir up some interesting conversation. I still think it's true, but this is obviously not the right place for it. :)
No one is refusing to read what he says because he isn't giving sources. He has stated literally nothing but factually untrue information. All of it was super fucking untrue, so untrue that all it takes is cursory googling to determine that it is not even contested anywhere by anyone that what he is claiming is true.

And when people pointed out he was wrong, the most he could muster was to assert that he doesn't believe in statistics because anecdotes are cooler, and he doesn't believe in facts because his ass smells better when he pulls things out of it.

Once you've reached the point that someone not only has only wrong beliefs, but freely admits that facts hold no bearing because they are all lies perpetrated by the government, talking to them is a waste of your time. And we still did it even after that, because we like pointing out how colossally wrong people are.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Essence wrote:I still think it's true, but this is obviously not the right place for it. :)
He doesn't believe in the idea of having your thoughts and opinions be influenced by outside sources, such as the real world, or other people who have more expertise on the subject. He's either crazy or fucking stupid. How did you think he would have something interesting and useful to say? Were you just hoping there'd be some kind of case study? That we'd manage to figure out how his thought processes actually work and where he gets his ideas from if not through learning?

If you think he had any useful points to make, then I feel very sorry for you.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Essence
Knight-Baron

Post by Essence »

TBH, I've never seen him outside of a very carefully controlled message board that doesn't allow talking about politics, religion, or basically anything that might offend someone. He's always sounded like he had very interesting opinions on those matters, so I assumed that interesting conversations would be the result.
Juton
Duke

Post by Juton »

Essence wrote:TBH, I've never seen him outside of a very carefully controlled message board that doesn't allow talking about politics, religion, or basically anything that might offend someone. He's always sounded like he had very interesting opinions on those matters, so I assumed that interesting conversations would be the result.
On this other message board does he post as OmniNegro or does he have another handle? His name at the very least seems provocative.
Oh thank God, finally a thread about how Fighters in D&D suck. This was a long time coming. - Schwarzkopf
Essence
Knight-Baron

Post by Essence »

Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Essence wrote:Yeah, there's a lot of "this guy isn't giving sources so obviously he's a whackjob so obviously I don't actually have to read what he said" going on here. But it seems that it's kind of too late for anything actually interesting to come of this.

I apologize to everyone for my obviously misguided hope that, given a place to post more openly about his politics, OmniNegro would stir up some interesting conversation. I still think it's true, but this is obviously not the right place for it. :)
I don't see how we could ever get around to talking about his politics once he started talking about his fucking insane epistemology. Seriously, once that came up it was pretty clear that talking to him was a complete waste of time.