So, Magic the Gathering

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'm ok with spending up to $100 on the deck, beyond what I currently have. I'm also already planning on collecting playsets of all the (non-legendary) sliver cards (which will take about another $375, over time).

What I want it to do is allow me to play a bunch of slivers and swing in with slithery alien bois for the win. With a reasonable expectation of actually winning (maybe a 55-60% win rate).
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Other questions:
  • Is this a commander or 60 card deck?

What colors do you want to run?

How do you feel about infinites?

Note of caution: the more colors you run the more expensive the mana base, if you want to do a budget mana base it will be slower. It can be done to 5 colors but you will sacrifice speed.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Commander. I pretty much play only draft and commander these days. Though a 60 card kitchen table deck would be nice, too. I'd like to go five color for the legendary slivers.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Here is the first version of the deck:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1017210#paper

The Non-Silver cards cost around $94. It's made to churn and burn with getting sliver out quickly. If they die so what you can reanimate them, tutor for them, cycle for them. This kinda an all in type deck, since it has very little defense.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.