Pathfinder homebrew and novel resource schedules.

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

virgil
King

Post by virgil »

FrankTrollman wrote:By the by, searches for "Slayer" are so completely dominated by the band of that name that I can't even tell what (if any) expectations people bring to the term as a PC class.
People aren't thinking Buffy in that context?
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

DSMatticus wrote:I don't actually care about trying to make 3.5-style multiclassing work. That said, it will probably end up "working" exactly as it does in 3.5 for casters, in that wizard 7 is worth more than cleric 1 so multiclassing is for suckers unless you have some incredibly specific game plan. Every class follows the caster paradigm where they pick abilities off increasingly powerful lists as they level up, so multiclassing means giving up some of your class's most powerful abilities for another class's weakest ones.
What if the abilities you got were based on your character level and not your class level? It's something you'd have to work into the design from the ground up, but it seems like it could work in theory. The biggest problem would be abilities granted at one level that had a prerequisite from an earlier level.
8d8
Apprentice

Post by 8d8 »

I'd love to see some teasers on that wizard, or maybe another class, just to see where it's going.