Video Games

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is a mod that lets you become high king of Skyrim.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41087

I've never played it, so I can't tell you if it's any good.
I have. It's pretty bare bones because a more detailed one would require a rewrite of the entire game, but it's still a pretty fun mod.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Since we're slightly on the subject of mods, my favorite is Legacy of the Dragonborn. It's a museum/house mod that displays pretty much everything in the game. It also has compatibility with a lot of the larger quest and item mods in the game. Keep in mind that although the SE version is easier to install, some of the quest mods aren't compatible with SE. Some are like Falskaar, who claim to be compatible but literally break in SE. Then again, Falskaar is a bland, featureless land with a boring story and the worst voice acting on the Nexus, that asshole did not deserve a real job for that drek.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Tidies mods of course.

They're so popular there's even an hentai artist who is writing/drawing a series that's literally about playing Skyrim with a bunch of tides mods, including the protagonist actually using console commands, tweaking settings and checking for new mods now and then.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I don't really do titteh mods so much anymore. When I am backed into a corner (one of my favorite mods for Fallout 4, "50 Ways to Die at Dr. Nick's" uses cbbe for a few of the new armors) I try to use the closest to the vanilla bodies.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Fallout 4 has CBBE?

Yessss! That is such a beautiful mod. It gives my life meaning.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I had a few issues with certain outfits with cbbe. Since fallout 4 clothing has physics, the engine doesn't know how to handle big titteh mods. Dresses look floaty, Grognack's outfit is an utter nightmare, etc. I recommend a full outfit replacer mod with cbbe.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

Stahlseele wrote:https://www.polygon.com/2019/7/25/89307 ... -exclusive
*REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*
Man, Epic is making some friends with all of these temporary exclusives lately.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

It's been all downhill for them since Jill of the Jungle.
Half asleep upon my knee
Pariah Dog
Knight

Post by Pariah Dog »

Shrapnel wrote:It's been all downhill for them since Jill of the Jungle.
I know you're being facetious, but I loved Jazz Jackrabbit, OMF2097, Tyrian, and Unreal Tournament.

On a more dogpile on Epic for being shitlords note. Look at the relation between them and PC *snnrk* Gamer *chortle* magazine in the last few months.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Jill of the Jungle, Jazz Jackrabbit and the first Unreal were all great, in my books. They were all released before modern gamers were even sperm, mind you.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Oh God, I'd forgotten about Jazz Jackrabbit... man, that game was the balls.

They should really make new Jill and Jazz games, instead of fucking Fortnite.
Half asleep upon my knee
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Fuck you, Fortnite was the best upgrade patch to every other online game. All the teenage rando shits vanished into that briar patch.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Speaking of Epic store, they went from one free game every couple weeks to one free game every week to two free games each week.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I'm at the unknown planet in kotor. I've found three things to be true:

In general, the best way to deal with difficult combats is "let Canderous take care of it".

Despite the bitching in every guide on Gamefaqs, the droids are fairly useful, they both can take a pounding.

Forget the guides stating that two pistols are the best way to go. Melee is King, but heavy weapons and rifles get beastly by endgame too.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Kotor guides are routinely written by paint huffers, yes. For some reason there's a bunch of people who assumed that piling a bunch of feats into the same gimmick is automagically More Better but ultimately you can beat the game just by being some asshole with power attack and enough bonuses that you hit anyway. I believe there's some scoundrel critical strike builds that can edge out power strike if you have enough sneak attack ranks but ultimately it's pretty comparable and power attack you're not married to a low vitality class.
Last edited by Whipstitch on Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
bears fall, everyone dies
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Yeah, Malak just kicked my ass. I didn't realize there were jedi on the upper level and he ate them before I could.
Pariah Dog
Knight

Post by Pariah Dog »

Whipstitch wrote:Kotor guides are routinely written by paint huffers, yes. For some reason there's a bunch of people who assumed that piling a bunch of feats into the same gimmick is automagically More Better but ultimately you can beat the game just by being some asshole with power attack and enough bonuses that you hit anyway. I believe there's some scoundrel critical strike builds that can edge out power strike if you have enough sneak attack ranks but ultimately it's pretty comparable and power attack you're not married to a low vitality class.
I generally went the flurry route myself for more swings.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I built Bastila around flurry. Juhani was built around crits. Jolee was redundant with my character so he didn't see a lot of action this playthrough. I converted Carth to dual wield melee and Canderous into a switch hitter. Everyone else I didn't play with their builds too much, although I heard a melee Mission can be pretty beastly.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

I forgot that they actually take the same number of feats to get going. It's been a while and the similarities to old d20 shit apparently mushed my brain.

One thing I do remember for certain though is that all of the attack modes let you stomp ass to a reasonable degree so long as you're matching them up with the proper saber crystals or that one assault blade.
bears fall, everyone dies
Blade
Knight-Baron

Post by Blade »

I can't help you there, I think I screwed up my build.
My allies could manage just fine but my character was having trouble surviving combat when on his own. I ended up killing the last boss by running around leaving mines behind me. Hopefully, I had a lot of mines in my inventory and he was dumb enough to keep running into them.
That was a very silly fight.
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

Yeah, the end boss being a solo fight meant you weren't always as prepared for him as you thought. It makes having a good enough build to win a bit more satisfying, though. Grenades/mines do solve a lot of problems (also, beating the arena in the first area at level 1 so you can be Jedi 19/mundane 1).

Dark-side for melee and light side for powers that nobody saves against was probably something they should have let you know ahead of time. The 100% light or dark side bonus is pretty hefty, and I think there is very good alignment-specific equipment (a light side tiara or something that gave will, and a dark side sword crystal?) that pushes you even further if you follow those roles.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

maglag wrote:Tidies mods of course.

They're so popular there's even an hentai artist who is writing/drawing a series that's literally about playing Skyrim with a bunch of tides mods, including the protagonist actually using console commands, tweaking settings and checking for new mods now and then.
I would like to learn more of this
Pariah Dog
Knight

Post by Pariah Dog »

Iduno wrote:Yeah, the end boss being a solo fight meant you weren't always as prepared for him as you thought. It makes having a good enough build to win a bit more satisfying, though. Grenades/mines do solve a lot of problems (also, beating the arena in the first area at level 1 so you can be Jedi 19/mundane 1).

Dark-side for melee and light side for powers that nobody saves against was probably something they should have let you know ahead of time. The 100% light or dark side bonus is pretty hefty, and I think there is very good alignment-specific equipment (a light side tiara or something that gave will, and a dark side sword crystal?) that pushes you even further if you follow those roles.
Was also a saber crystal with some hefty bonuses for staying neutral too IIRC.
Blade
Knight-Baron

Post by Blade »

I was playing a "grey" jedi, which didn't help since apparently they just expected everyone to be either 100% light or 100% dark.