So, Anime You Like Lately

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

WTF is K-On, and why am I crying every single episode? How does it manipulate my feels so hard?
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

K-On is the reason why the moe explosion happened.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Pretty much. Now admittedly, for reasons I don't really understand, I've generally been feeling moody so even Yurikuma Arashi or Amagi Brilliant Park has me sniffling and emotional. But K-On! is such a warm, feel-good show.

And also there's a rule on the Internet somewhere that it is actually the top anime of every year, no exceptions, so I try to stay clear of its hardcore fanbase.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

Speaking of moe Anime I feel like Hidamari Sketch should be more widely appreciated.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

We've been watching Magi in Anime Club, and we are up to episode 11, in which it has become abundantly clear Sinbad is the main character now.
He resolved a fight by introducing himself to the enemy princess, causing her to start blushing and leave while insisting she wasn't doing it because he asked her to. It was priceless.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

name_here wrote:We've been watching Magi in Anime Club, and we are up to episode 11, in which it has become abundantly clear Sinbad is the main character now.
He resolved a fight by introducing himself to the enemy princess, causing her to start blushing and leave while insisting she wasn't doing it because he asked her to. It was priceless.
I hate you for liking that garbage show.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

I'd be curious to hear why. The worst epithet I could think of for Magi would be "cliche" or "uninspired", but what did it do to inspire such active dislike?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Shiritai wrote:I'd be curious to hear why. The worst epithet I could think of for Magi would be "cliche" or "uninspired", but what did it do to inspire such active dislike?
Keep watching.

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

First Squad - Moment of Truth < = incredibly well done movie in my opinion o.O
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Squad

And i wish there were a translation of Fleet of the rising Sun somewhere <.<
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konpeki_no_Kantai
Last edited by Stahlseele on Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

did not think i could do it, but i did watch all of hellsing ultimate in one sitting.
surprisingly deep that series . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Haven't seen Ultimate, but back when I watched the original, I was amazed at the quality of the dub. They actually found people from Britain for the voices. Other than Alucard, I mean, who is old enough that he wouldn't sound like anyone from modern Britain anyway.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
GreatGreyShrike
Master

Post by GreatGreyShrike »

Hellsing Ultimate has like 50% of the episodes by length have amazing images suitable for desktop background wallpapers. It's pretty incredible.

Hellsing Ultimate Abridged is of course one of the funniest things on the entire internet.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

@Koumei
Ultimate is completely different from the normal one.
Give it a shot some time.

@GreatGreyShrike
Err . . due to the grammar of that and the following, i don't get what you mean? O.o

Hellsing normal is 13x0,5 hour Episodes so 7,5 Hours . .
Hellsing Ultimate has 10x1 Hour Episodes so 10 Hours . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

I think he means the fan-compiled "abridged" series satire on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgnIjJexut4
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Kaelik,

I just want to be sure I'm clear on your position: you hate shiritai for liking a show that is bad for reasons he hasn't yet seen and thus is not aware of?
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Well, technically he says he hates me for liking the show for reasons I may or may not have seen yet. I certainly do not know what he might be referring to.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Orion wrote:Kaelik,

I just want to be sure I'm clear on your position: you hate shiritai for liking a show that is bad for reasons he hasn't yet seen and thus is not aware of?
No he has seen them, he just doesn't appreciate how terrible they are because like someone in abusive relationship, he thinks the show will change.

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Josh_Kablack wrote:I think he means the fan-compiled "abridged" series satire on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgnIjJexut4
yeah THAT part i got . .
the FIRST line i have problems with . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I think GreatGreyShrike means "For any given episode, half of it consists of amazing images suitable for desktop background wallpapers".

Not "it has half the length of the original, and also it has amazing images..."
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

Kaelik wrote:
Orion wrote:Kaelik,

No he has seen them, he just doesn't appreciate how terrible they are because like someone in abusive relationship, he thinks the show will change.
Speaking of which, I've now seen nearly the entire series aaaand yeah, there are definitely some rage-inducing elements in there.
#1: Everything about Sinbad
#2: Everything about Scheherazade holding the idiot ball.
#3: Everything about Mogamett holding the idiothitler ball.
#4: That death cult's endgame.
Any of those hit the mark?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Pretty much I just meant the giant idiot ball that replaced the entire planet they are standing on, such that all characters are gigantic idiots at all times for no reasons.

Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

Fair enough; the two main characters are naturally idiots so I didn't notice it for a while.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Shiritai wrote:Fair enough; the two main characters are naturally idiots so I didn't notice it for a while.
That would also be part of the problem.

Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Koumei wrote:Haven't seen Ultimate, but back when I watched the original, I was amazed at the quality of the dub. They actually found people from Britain for the voices. Other than Alucard, I mean, who is old enough that he wouldn't sound like anyone from modern Britain anyway.
They brought back the same cast for Ultimate for both Japanese and the Dub.
Last edited by Leress on Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
GreatGreyShrike
Master

Post by GreatGreyShrike »

Koumei wrote:I think GreatGreyShrike means "For any given episode, half of it consists of amazing images suitable for desktop background wallpapers".

Not "it has half the length of the original, and also it has amazing images..."
This was exactly what I was intending to express.