League Of Losers

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Page 37 done did got itself broked. Is this how you fix it?

EDIT: Yes, yes it is.
Last edited by DSMatticus on Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Post by Pseudo Stupidity »

When's the TGD league drafting? I'm good for any time after 7 pm on the east coast of 'Muria.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:I'm not a dick, I'm really nice.
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

New Tristana is so much fun. She's not as good as old trist, but her scaling makes a lot more sense and her new E is just a ton of fun. They did remove her joke spam, but she'll still ask if that's a rocket in your pocket on occasion.

All in all, really enjoying this patch. The nerfs to assassins matter enough that I feel like Zed is the only one I still need to ban. Fuck that guy.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
rampaging-poet
Knight

Post by rampaging-poet »

I like new Tristana's lines. She feels more like a member of an elite military force who just happens to like explosions than her original crazed bomber persona.

The new E feels like it secures kills better. I don't know if it actually does or not, but watching a charged bomb absolutely shred the enemy ADC after they've walked away is a lot more satisfying than the old DOT. She also blows up turrets much better than before and encourages active defense of the turret instead of just huddling under it because bombs on turrets have a huge blast radius. Her shorter range makes her a little easier to deal with overall, but you need to keep her away from your turrets.
Last edited by rampaging-poet on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:I sort my leisure activities into a neat and manageable categorized hierarchy, then ignore it and dick around on the internet.
My deviantArt account, in case anyone cares.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

New Trist's lines are great, but I just missing running into lane and spamming joke to bother my opponent. Removing its spamability is objectively a good thing because that shit was annoying, but I still miss it.

I'm in Plat 1 after having terrible placements and getting dropped into Plat 2. Carrying hasn't been hard, but there are still some instances of things like mid dying 5 times before 10 minutes and shit like that. Frustrating, but I'm moving up quick enough.
sandmann wrote:

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

I had some awful placement games and now I'm at the ELO where jungle is always that Lee/Yi/Xin/Vi that dives four people at a time as soon as laning is over. Carrying as support is very difficult.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

I try not to dive at all in Plat, everyone is good enough at that point to counter dives but not everyone is good enough to properly execute them.
So much bad aggro juggling, so many stupid deaths. You'll have carries running in, immediately shooting somebody, then getting executed by the fucking turret while the other divers panic and run.

I will say that laning is a lot more fun right now. There are random great plays and random completely botched plays. Never a dull moment.
sandmann wrote:

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

There is this new thing, a bot that levels up your character.

I just played a game with 4 of them while trying to level my smurf. I was 83/0/0. The other four allegedly human players in the game where 4/2/1 Rumble, 1/3/1 Nunu, 2/7/1 Corki, and 1/6/1 Lee Sin. None of them had more than 100cs in 40 minutes. That alone could be just bad players. But here is the weird part, they all had the same items. They all had Doran's Blade, then Berserker Greaves, then Static Shiv, then Banshee Veil, then Bloodthirster.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Kaelik wrote:There is this new thing, a bot that levels up your character.

I just played a game with 4 of them while trying to level my smurf. I was 83/0/0. The other four allegedly human players in the game where 4/2/1 Rumble, 1/3/1 Nunu, 2/7/1 Corki, and 1/6/1 Lee Sin. None of them had more than 100cs in 40 minutes. That alone could be just bad players. But here is the weird part, they all had the same items. They all had Doran's Blade, then Berserker Greaves, then Static Shiv, then Banshee Veil, then Bloodthirster.
How the hell did the Rumble do the best out of all of them with that fucking build? Did they use abilities, or were they just running around punching stuff?

I suspect that's how refer-a-friend fraud happens.
sandmann wrote:

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

The bots do spam abilities on CD on nearest target, so manaless champs actually have a pretty decent advantage, but I suspect for the most part it comes down to random chance, and that lee sin and Corki both use their abilities to dive people under turrets to get extra damage, so are never going to do well.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Who is a safe jungle pick for someone who doesn't like 1v1'ing and mains support? I fill because I like giving people their mains, and sometimes that role is open. All I have right now is Sion, Amumu, and Naut and I never feel useful.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

...You Lost Me wrote:Who is a safe jungle pick for someone who doesn't like 1v1'ing and mains support? I fill because I like giving people their mains, and sometimes that role is open. All I have right now is Sion, Amumu, and Naut and I never feel useful.
When you say you don't like 1v1ing do you mean you don't want to actively seek the other jungler out, or that you want a strong enough duelist to make it so they aren't looking for you?

Since you're a support main I'd recommend Nunu, he plays like a support tank in every way and he's great with a sightstone in the jungle. His smiting is easy and his teamfighting is simple, he's good in almost every team comp. He doesn't really engage, but that's not a huge deal because ice blast is good at catching people out as you run around the jungle getting vision.

It's also impossible to catch a Nunu out in the jungle, he just hits you with ice blast and runs away. You never have to 1v1 as Nunu.
sandmann wrote:

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

That sounds perfect. I really hate fighting the other jungler because they're always jarvan / vi / lee sin / udyr and they kick the crap out of me. Being good at dueling or good at running away is fine.
Last edited by ...You Lost Me on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rampaging-poet
Knight

Post by rampaging-poet »

Ugh, no more 1:30AM games for me. I just had one of the worst Jarvan's I'd ever seen. He managed to get himself executed twice in the first ten minutes despite a good leash, died twice as much as the (three tied for) next highest on the team, barely had more assists than our support, and only got a single kill. It would be one thing if he'd managed to die to peel or for objectives, but he just massively overestimated his own damage and kept ulting three of them without either carry in range to assist.

At least it was normals so it didn't count for much.
DSMatticus wrote:I sort my leisure activities into a neat and manageable categorized hierarchy, then ignore it and dick around on the internet.
My deviantArt account, in case anyone cares.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Last edited by ubernoob on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

ubernoob wrote:So, Nemesis mode seems less fun than expected. Mostly because they ban poppy every game.
Nemesis mode is less fun because everyone on your team is a fucking idiot.

Like, if the enemy team had Cait, Draven, MF, Lucian, your last pick will, every single fucking time, give them a tank AP jungler.

Because these people exist just to give you cancer.

MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Kaelik wrote:
ubernoob wrote:So, Nemesis mode seems less fun than expected. Mostly because they ban poppy every game.
Nemesis mode is less fun because everyone on your team is a fucking idiot.

Like, if the enemy team had Cait, Draven, MF, Lucian, your last pick will, every single fucking time, give them a tank AP jungler.

Because these people exist just to give you cancer.
Truth.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Let me sum up every game of Nemesis mode I, or anyone else, will ever play.

"HOLY SHIT YOU GAVE THEM <literally any champion in the game>? Kill yourself."

"WTF I TOLD YOU TO GIVE THEM <literally any champion in the game> YOU FUCKING SCRUB WHY DIDN'T YOU DO EXACTLY WHAT I TOLD YOU? Kill yourself."

"First time <literally any champion in the game>, I'm going to build <terrible off build for champion>." 5 minutes into the game... "let them push mid or I'm afk."

"WHY WONT YOU TRADE WITH ME IM A FUCKING GOD <literally any champion in the game>!? Kill yourself."

And that's why I'm not playing Nemesis anymore. At least not sober and/or without a group of 4 other people.

I'm in promos for diamond again, but things are super spotty right now. I had a game where I was last pick (that was thankfully dodged) where we let the other team get Vi, Ahri, and Lissandra. I'm going to guess they were going to round it all off with Kalista and Morgana (who had also gone unbanned or picked).

Note: Vi, Ahri and Lissandra are banned in 90% of games, and if one is unbanned the other two are certainly banned due to any two of them being an absurd murder combo that is capable of getting picks on anyone post-6.
sandmann wrote:

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

It looks like Vi got strong out of nowhere. Was she just secretly OP or is this because of all the other strong lockdown champs out right now?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

...You Lost Me wrote:It looks like Vi got strong out of nowhere. Was she just secretly OP or is this because of all the other strong lockdown champs out right now?
Vi was always fourth place in the jungle for like, all of season 4, just 4th place to different 3rd places. New jungle is now even more about inconsistent but really solid ganks than season 3-4 jungle was, so that favors Vi. The only reason Vi wasn't the best jungler in the game at the start of patch 5 is because Warwick was broken as fuck and Jarvan still exists. Now that WW is nerfed to mediocrity it is Vi Jarvan.

TL;DR: She was always really good, but the new jungle is themed on exactly her kind of ganks, Lee Sin for whatever reason ends up with way less health than Jarvan/Vi clears and therefore has much worse ganks than he used to, and the current mid land meta favors Vi ganking mid over and over again.

MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

I've never known Vi to not be really strong. While I've seen WW come and go I've never known a time where Vi and J4 weren't serious problems. In lower elos I don't see as much Lee Sin 'cause, you know, noobs.

Side Rant: I really miss being able to level 2 or 3 solo on dragon with Pantheon as he is my favorite jungler by far and I feel like they punished him for no good reason because I can still solo dragon as udyr at around level 3 or 4 (and I've seen Vi do this too).
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

MGuy wrote:I've never known Vi to not be really strong. While I've seen WW come and go I've never known a time where Vi and J4 weren't serious problems. In lower elos I don't see as much Lee Sin 'cause, you know, noobs.

Side Rant: I really miss being able to level 2 or 3 solo on dragon with Pantheon as he is my favorite jungler by far and I feel like they punished him for no good reason because I can still solo dragon as udyr at around level 3 or 4 (and I've seen Vi do this too).
I just played a game at level 17 with no runes and masteries where I soloed dragon at level 5 with WW. So yeah, people can still early solo dragon. I'm not sure Panth was a problem or not.

Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

As somebody who almost exclusively picks Pantheon when I jungle, his early dragon was a serious problem. Having incredible map presence + early dragon + hyper effective ganks + strong dueling was overbearing. His only weakness was bad scaling into late.

You can still solo dragon at 5 or so, but it'll beat the shit out of you and you need potions + trailblazer smite to do it (if you use two smite charges on it you can get away without pots I think). Being able to hold 2 charges on smite opens up a lot of junglers for early dragons.

Fun fact: I had a fiddle in ranked who took gromp, blue, and then immediately did dragon. We lost (turns out dragon buff when nobody has items isn't worth a full minute and losing your red), but it was a neat idea.
sandmann wrote:

Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Back in Diamond after a wonderful sweep of promos. Pantheon jungle and AP Janna (sometimes Morgana if they get Vi) all the way.

I also got a quadra kill as Irelia in ranked recently. It was cleanup since I was late to the fight and my team had lost it, but they were low enough for me to get a bunch of Q resets to stick to them. Then fed Irelia won the game, because a 1200 gold infusion during midgame makes midgame champions crazy.
sandmann wrote:

ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

So, I was just playing a normals for my first win of the day and this happened. Their zed DC'd or ragequit for long enough for xerath to get a six level dead, comes back, we take an inhib, then someone starts a surrender vote. I voted yes. So did two other people.

We just lost a 5v4 because 4 people (myself included) were troll enough to hit yes on the FF.

I laughed so hard that I spat my beer out on my shirt.

10/10