Still more Threads that make us Laugh, Cry, or Both

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Leress wrote:I think the whole Duel of Wits is just plain dumb and the only thing I can see the use of it would be to show everyone else the conversation. Just use a bloody PM.

I pretty much not care about most of the threads from BG mostly it just the same conversation I've seen countless times on WOTC forums. Don't get me started on the User Content section, good luck getting reasonable responses. I only got about one or two actual critiques of the class.
I liked your classes. Stupid kneejerks.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Psychic Robot wrote:Random post: I like how the WotC shills are convinced that seven pages of errata in the first two months of 4e's release are examples of professionalism.
It's an understandable mistake. See the 3.5 thing where they went several years without issuing errata for even minor typographical errors was an example of unprofessionalism. That being said, issuing timely and extensive errata does mean that someone is doing their fucking job - and in the world of RPGs that's actually saying something.

-Username17
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

Sigh. Ima have to join but resist the temptation to troll.
Count Arioch wrote:I'm not sure how discussions on whether PR is a terrible person or not is on-topic.
Ant wrote:
Chamomile wrote:Ant, what do we do about Psychic Robot?
You do not seem to do anything.
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

Also, I find the elitism regarding "G-fu" to be despicable. It's like people who have high post counts using that as support for their opinions.
Count Arioch wrote:I'm not sure how discussions on whether PR is a terrible person or not is on-topic.
Ant wrote:
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Psychic Robot wrote:Also, I find the elitism regarding "G-fu" to be despicable. It's like people who have high post counts using that as support for their opinions.
G-fu is pretty much unrelated to post count. Anyone with over 20 posts can have a widely variable G-Fu.
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

I know. I'm just talking about the elitism. OMG HIGH GFU HE MUST BE SMRT
Ant wrote:
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Psychic Robot wrote:I know. I'm just talking about the elitism. OMG HIGH GFU HE MUST BE SMRT
Do like I do, and just ignore it and just look at the post.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Leress wrote:
Psychic Robot wrote:I know. I'm just talking about the elitism. OMG HIGH GFU HE MUST BE SMRT
Oh, you think you have all the answers with your post count 200 higher than PL's. I've had it with your elitism!
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

Heh. The DoW thing is working exactly as well as I thought it would, aka not at all. And of course, Epic Troll is Epic.
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

What is this stuff about Dueling of the Witticisms, and why can't I access that part of the forums?
Ant wrote:
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Psychic Robot wrote:What is this stuff about Dueling of the Witticisms, and why can't I access that part of the forums?
Find an excuse to post more. That subforum has a minimum post requirement to view.
Talisman
Duke

Post by Talisman »

ubernoob wrote:Find an excuse to post more. That subforum has a minimum post requirement to view.
So...they want to encourage spamming?

Wow...that thread is making me laugh and I haven't even tried to read it. That's some quality entertainment there! :tonguesmilie:
MartinHarper wrote:Babies are difficult to acquire in comparison to other sources of nutrition.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I'd be surprised if I wasn't off my tits on codeine*, but as is, I just think that's rather stupid. As Talisman said, that just encourages spam and useless posts. Back in the day, PlaybyWeb listed the top 10 "most active games". Sadly, some saw this as a contest, and so the OOC boards were filled with stupidity as people tried to boost the post count of their game, to get into the top ten.

I know of one GM who seriously awarded everyone a level for hitting second place. And seeing as it was Heroes Unlimited, it's the only way they'd ever gain a level.

*Legal, safe, acceptable and recommended dosage, for legitimate back pains.
Absentminded_Wizard
Duke

Post by Absentminded_Wizard »

Leress wrote:
That's would be the smartest way to handle it. Unfortunately, the chief mod herself appears to be encouraging people to use G-fu as a measure of how seriously to take somebody.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

Supposedly they're going for the security by obscurity approach. Don't tell people about the forum or the post count thereof, and they won't spam to peek at it.

Doesn't work if anyone tells people though.

The bit about G-Fu as credibility is dead on. Course, given she has the highest, and tends to revoke privileges on anyone that lowers hers for any reason... :bored:
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

CatharzGodfoot wrote:
Leress wrote:
Oh, you think you have all the answers with your post count 200 higher than PL's. I've had it with your elitism!
And Catharz must be right, even while saying PL, since his is higher. And I say so with my almost-a-tenth-of-over-nine-thousand-posts authority!
Last edited by Bigode on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Have I missed the bit where someone explained what G-fu is? I'm guessing it's not entirely related to post count, but not too far off either, like some kind of "Enough people clicked the 'I like _____' button" thing?
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

Koumei wrote:Have I missed the bit where someone explained what G-fu is? I'm guessing it's not entirely related to post count, but not too far off either, like some kind of "Enough people clicked the 'I like _____' button" thing?
Basically, as long as you have... I think it's 20 posts you can see a post by someone and for whatever reason give them +1 fu for it or -1 fu. It's supposed to be a Karma/credibility type thing where the better your gaming knowledge is the more people you get giving you +1s, and if you're a douchebag you can expect a lot of -1s. In reality it's just a popularity contest.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Psychic Robot wrote:What is this stuff about Dueling of the Witticisms, and why can't I access that part of the forums?
I must say, nicely done. Make him stay because I like the drama? That got me to laugh. Props.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Roy wrote:
Koumei wrote:Have I missed the bit where someone explained what G-fu is? I'm guessing it's not entirely related to post count, but not too far off either, like some kind of "Enough people clicked the 'I like _____' button" thing?
Basically, as long as you have... I think it's 20 posts you can see a post by someone and for whatever reason give them +1 fu for it or -1 fu. It's supposed to be a Karma/credibility type thing where the better your gaming knowledge is the more people you get giving you +1s, and if you're a douchebag you can expect a lot of -1s. In reality it's just a popularity contest.
Wait, the wizards board has the karma system in place? Oh hell-fvkcing-jeezus-christ. That's retarded.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

A_Cynic wrote:
Roy wrote:
Wait, the wizards board has the karma system in place? Oh hell-fvkcing-jeezus-christ. That's retarded.
No, they don't have one. We are talking about the BG forums
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Yeah, it's really stupid. I specifically tell people to lower my fu for no reason because I want to see what the lowest fu possible. No one is doing it though.

And lowering someone else's is SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!!!
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

ubernoob wrote:
I must say, nicely done. Make him stay because I like the drama? That got me to laugh. Props.
Indeed, though saying as much is counterproductive towards making it happen. Especially when the mods are intimidated by long term discussions of bashing idiots.
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

Ant wrote:
Absentminded_Wizard
Duke

Post by Absentminded_Wizard »

The WotC boards, where words mean precisely what the 4e fanboys want them to.