Quite possibly the most awesome reviews of RPGs I have seen

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Quite possibly the most awesome reviews of RPGs I have seen

Post by Captain_Bleach »

This guy is like Simon Cowell, but reviews crappy RPGs instead of singers.
Have you read his review on FATAL? He just shredded what little dignity the RPG had left.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Re: Quite possibly the most awesome reviews of RPGs I have s

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Meh. Something seems to be lacking.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

The problem is that only games which are unplayably bad are reviewed on that site. So you look at the name, put it on your 'must miss' list, and needn't ever look at the reviews, which are all variants on 'this may once have been wine, sir, but it has since passed through at least three other people.'
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

angelfromanotherpin at [unixtime wrote:1200059729[/unixtime]]The problem is that only games which are unplayably bad are reviewed on that site. So you look at the name, put it on your 'must miss' list, and needn't ever look at the reviews, which are all variants on 'this may once have been wine, sir, but it has since passed through at least three other people.'

At least he tells us what RPGs should be avoided.
shau
Knight-Baron

Post by shau »

I read his review for Fatal a while back. I did not know he had written anything else. Good stuff.

angelfromanotherpin wrote:The problem is that only games which are unplayably bad are reviewed on that site. So you look at the name, put it on your 'must miss' list, and needn't ever look at the reviews, which are all variants on 'this may once have been wine, sir, but it has since passed through at least three other people.'

I like hearing other people rip into people who deserve it. Probably because I am too spineless to do it myself. The Synnibarr Character Creation Guide is a pretty good list of things not to do when making an RPG.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Strange I don't see MetaScape II on the list.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

Leress at [unixtime wrote:1200089257[/unixtime]]Strange I don't see MetaScape II on the list.

Hey now, Leress, he reviews crappy RPGs only!:biggrin:
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Leress at [unixtime wrote:1200089257[/unixtime]]Strange I don't see MetaScape II on the list.

Was that materially worse than original Metascape?
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

I only know it was retarded.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Why isn't Cyberpunk v3.0 on that list?

-Username17
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

FrankTrollman at [unixtime wrote:1200155094[/unixtime]]Why isn't Cyberpunk v3.0 on that list?

-Username17

Probably because he can't review every crappy RPG out there. Or, he just chooses what he wants to review.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

I vaguely heard Cyberpunk was a good game - what was the problem?
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

v3.0 was made by one guy after he went crazy in his heritage and it had altcults where people got special dolphin pokemon who were commanded by pheromones that you concentrated on and all the pictures were photographs of his neice's barbies in "cyberpunk" poses.

Cyberpunk 2020 it was not.

-Username17
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

I must have heard of a prior edition ... The others were good?
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Ars Magica in the Future. Take that as you will. Certainly got style points.

-Username17
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Who were the wizards, and who were ... [insert sucker category here]? But yeah, Ars Magica has its style points too.
RandomCasualty
Prince

Post by RandomCasualty »

Wow... that hybrid game just seems nuts. What the hell? Does that shit actually exist or what?

It just seems too over the top to even be true.
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

The guy hasn't written anything new in years, literally. Like, the FATAL review was one of the last things he wrote.

So I guess we can all chill.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

RandomCasualty at [unixtime wrote:1200173437[/unixtime]]Wow... that hybrid game just seems nuts. What the hell? Does that shit actually exist or what?

It just seems too over the top to even be true.

With the existence of FATAL, I wouldn't be surprised.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

FrankTrollman at [unixtime wrote:1200170441[/unixtime]]v3.0 was made by one guy after he went crazy in his heritage and it had altcults where people got special dolphin pokemon who were commanded by pheromones that you concentrated on and all the pictures were photographs of his neice's barbies in "cyberpunk" poses.

Cyberpunk 2020 it was not.

-Username17

To be fair, they were barbies with cyberlimbs...
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack